Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,408 members, 7,812,206 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1640513 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ajoke85:
Hello gurus in the house
Please, I just updated my DS-160 on cgi now, and I need updated interview confirmation page. Please how do I go about it?

When you login, you will see about six boxes with visa information, fee payment etc. Click on Appointment Confirmation then printable version
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bigsecret:
Hello, what if it is the case that I got fully funded offer in both schools. Can I still get I-20 for the two cry

If two schools offered you full funding, kindly accept one(don’t be selfish grin) and reject the other because at the end of the day you can only go to one school. Rejecting one offer will definitely help someone else being waitlisted for funding.

You don’t need two I-20 ma.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ManLikeMosh: 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
Hello,
Good day to everyone,
Please, is there anyone going to UIUC for Fall2021?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
PotentialNurse:

If two schools offered you full funding, kindly accept one(don’t be selfish grin) and reject the other because at the end of the day you can only go to one school. Rejecting one offer will definitely help someone else being waitlisted for funding.

You don’t need two I-20 ma.
indecisiveness is killing me cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
Schrodinger1:
Who here has a strong, legit and sure connection for processing OAU official transcript? Back or front door, Its now urgent. DM me.
do you still need this?

I have a plug
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bigsecret:
do you still need this?

I have a plug
Sure Bro.

Bigsecret:
Hello, what if it is the case that I got fully funded offer in both schools. Can I still get I-20 for the two cry

Yes, you can if you are interested in transferring from school A to School B. However, you will not be able to use both for your Visa appointment from Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 6:18pm On Mar 24, 2021
Tulacious123:
Good evening Mr fairheart . I got admitted into Georgia State University ,(MSc Public Policy) for fall 2021 session. I am currently applying for a fellowship application which comes with lots of benefits.They requested for a writing sample alongside other documents.What I don’t understand is if it’s a fellowship application or a past research work.
Writing sample is anything you have written during undergraduate coursework. Essays, papers, research work, etc. If you don't have any of these, select a topic of interest and that you know you know its core and write something nice about it. Also, look at the fellowship application requirements as guide to what you're to submit.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lightning360:
Which program are you going for, which session are you Targeting?
Have you received mails from various school by now, or you didn't sign up for the ETS somewhat Bio section....

Try these schools....... But am not certain if any of them is Reg flag.
1 Bentley
2 NYU
3 Northeastern U

These are Sch I received their mail inviting me to apply for their program...... but I don't know if they offer funding.....

So Pls gurus in the house, how do you guys see this schools, moreover my GRE score is 300. Thinking on Rewriting....
UG 3.6/4.0 unofficial wes.
No publications... Only UG project..
No TOEfl yet...
Little grad internship.
Am considering MS/PhD in Industrial Engineering...

Also am looking forward to Fall 2022...
So guys any input will be highly appreciated.

Cc lagosismyhome, Time2win, Twoods, Walspring, fairheart, bigfrancis21.....anyone

While you can take the GRE test again, I have seen students with less score admitted with funding for MS and PhD.
Considering the term you wish to apply, you have enough time to explore schools that will offer you assistantship--either with your current GPA and GRE score or better score. Do the school search first as that will help you determine what if your profile is fit. Once you have a list of potential schools, for example, 10 universities in states you like their weather, etc, you can take it from there.
All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2021
ManLikeMosh:
Hello,
Good day to everyone,
Please, is there anyone going to UIUC for Fall2021?

That's a highly ranked school. Top choice anytime anyday... I have a friend who also got admission for his PhD program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ManLikeMosh: 7:01pm On Mar 24, 2021
NigPatriot:

That's a highly ranked school. Top choice anytime anyday... I have a friend who also got admission for his PhD program.
Nice. Can you please connect us. I am going for my PhD too.
I sent you an email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 7:04pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bigsecret:

Some key points that may guide your decision making;

Look out for;

The school with better opportunity after school work.

The location of your school - (safety/crime rate, urban/rural settlement - closeness to industries commercial activities).

Your potential supervisor - the research interest closely linked with yours, google about him/her if possible, ask alumni about this person. (Success in Grad school is almost directly proportional/linked with the quality of your supervisor -especially phD programs)

Lastly, if all your checklist has been ticked, this point should be the tie breaker - Go for the school with better funding �. Ego dikwa very important.. grin

I wish you well.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 8:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Bigsecret:

The offers will not stay on the table forever... remember, they probably have other applicants on standby. The earlier you make up your mind, the better.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
NigPatriot:

Some key points that may guide your decision making;

Look out for;

The school with better opportunity after school work.

The location of your school - (safety/crime rate, urban/rural settlement - closeness to industries commercial activities).

Your potential supervisor - the research interest closely linked with yours, google about him/her if possible, ask alumni about this person. (Success in Grad school is almost directly proportional/linked with the quality of your supervisor -especially phD programs)

Lastly, if all your checklist has been ticked, this point should be the tie breaker - Go for the school with better funding �. Ego dikwa very important.. grin

I wish you well.

Also factor in cost of living. You certainly don't want to live in a place where your rent is more than 50% of your stipend.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barleeh: 8:22pm On Mar 24, 2021
Shuayb0:
Application fee will be waived automatically after 24 hours of submitting your application.
I got admitted for PhD in civil Engineering at Illinois institute of Technology Chicago, Trying to process my 1-20 document ASAP, is there anyone in the house that got admitted in the same school, let’s relate, what level at u at for the processing of d I-20 document and visa appointment. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barleeh: 8:23pm On Mar 24, 2021
I got admitted for PhD in civil Engineering at Illinois institute of Technology Chicago, Trying to process my 1-20 document ASAP, is there anyone in the house that got admitted in the same school, let’s relate, what level at u at for the processing of d I-20 document and visa appointment. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightning360: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 8:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
Futuragetty:
Look out for public holidays when scheduling for appointment dates.

Eid al-Fitr Likely 12–14 May
2021*
Democracy Day Sat, 12 Jun 2021, Will possibly moved to Monday 14

Eid al-Adha Likely 19–21 Jul
2021*

PS: Not 100% accurate.

Hello. I sent you an email. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ooh, I see. Thanks alot for the advice.

Cocao:

You should try as much as you can to distance your educational purpose from your sister. That way it can help establish your non-immigrant stance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tracyroy(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2021
Noted. Thank you so much for the advice.

EmeritusR:

you should use your school location as where you will be staying. there is nothing bad using her as a contact information. I'm sure you just need to be prepared to explain to the VO the reason why you are going to the US. the other things are in the Lord's hands.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2021
Guys, I'm having issues paying my SEVIS from the US. A friend tried helping me, he went two Western Union outlets in Chicago but couldn't get it done.
Has anyone experienced this before?
What could be wrong?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajoke85(f): 9:59pm On Mar 24, 2021
PotentialNurse:

When you login, you will see about six boxes with visa information, fee payment etc. Click on Appointment Confirmation then printable version

Thank you @Potential Nurse. I can't found appointment Confirmation among the six boxes, I only saw appointment history and I clicked on appointment history
I only saw my appointment history No printable version. Please help�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajibfo: 10:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
BAZ001:
Good morning house,

I have F1 visa and admission in Northeastern University.
pls is it possible that
1. I go to the university register few courses and then transfer my admission to another school?
2. I go into America and process a new admission entirely for Aug/sept 2021 and not resume at all.

You will be wondering why all this?
Na because of high school fees, way too expensive and I thought I will get more scholarship but only 10% off for now.
pls I need to talk to u. am in the same shoe
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoccerUSA(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
Can I pay for Visa and sevis fee without I-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
SoccerUSA:
Can I pay for Visa and sevis fee without I-20?
only visa fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoccerUSA(m): 10:42pm On Mar 24, 2021
Malone122:
only visa fee
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sheke01: 11:16pm On Mar 24, 2021
Denuga91:
Guys, I'm having issues paying my SEVIS from the US. A friend tried helping me, he went two Western Union outlets in Chicago but couldn't get it done.
Has anyone experienced this before?
What could be wrong?

Yea, SevisFee payment haven’t been going since today. I tried twice today and wasn’t successful.
Dunno what’s wrong with DHS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 11:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
You have to schedule an appointment first. The appointment confirmation will be mailed to you and you can print that copy. Scheduling appointment is from the box she talked about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ajoke85:

Thank you @Potential Nurse. I can't found appointment Confirmation among the six boxes, I only saw appointment history and I clicked on appointment history
I only saw my appointment history No printable version. Please help�

You have to schedule an appointment first. The appointment confirmation will be mailed to you and you can print that copy. Scheduling appointment is from the box she talked about
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 11:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
ManLikeMosh:
Nice. Can you please connect us. I am going for my PhD too.
I sent you an email.

Good to hear...please, are you offered admission for fall? only received a mail last month end that international applicants application review will start on the following day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denuga91: 12:12am On Mar 25, 2021
sheke01:

Yea, SevisFee payment haven’t been going since today. I tried twice today and wasn’t successful.
Dunno what’s wrong with DHS

Yes, I just sent them an email and they confirmed SEVIS fee payment for Nigerians via Western Union is unavailable.
The two other options are check and money order.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 25, 2021
Denuga91:

Yes, I just sent them an email and they confirmed SEVIS fee payment for Nigerians via Western Union is unavailable.
The two other options are check and money order.
for all Nigerians trying to make payments ??
Did they make mention of when it would be available
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ManLikeMosh: 2:44am On Mar 25, 2021
Olaoke16:

Good to hear...please, are you offered admission for fall 2021 at UIUC and what program? I also applied for PhD mechanical engineering, only received a mail last month end that international applicants application review will start on the following day.
Yes, my admission is for Fall2021, PhD Chemistry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.