Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (854) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644329 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brainner(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
2023 you meant.
Ever since I've been checking for rescheduling, it has been dates in 2023.
Like you said, I wouldn't know if the request has been granted or denied, as a feedback tab on my dashboard says my emergency request is closed.
I honestly wish someone here could help please.
Edriscoal:
I have the same issue here and I don't know if my request has been accepted or denied. but I did noticed that when I tried to reschedule ( present schedule is 12th November) yesterday it shows Nov 2nd, 2022 as available date , ever since I've been checking it shows date in 2013

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Anyone here applied for Maintenance/ Upkeep and had it disbursed to them yet, please?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ikeolafarm: 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
If you are fully funded, how to you answer the question of who is sponsoring your trip on the DS 160?

How do you add school as the sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Whogochuk: 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2022
Brainner:
2023 you meant.
Ever since I've been checking for rescheduling, it has been dates in 2023.
Like you said, I wouldn't know if the request has been granted or denied, as a feedback tab on my dashboard says my emergency request is closed.
I honestly wish someone here could help please.

Your emergency request is closed? Can you send a snapshot of your home page
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by slegerman(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hello All,

Can one sister act as a sponsor?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2022
amojoawo:
Please has anyone gotten emergency US visa appointment recently? I’ve been waiting for response on my emergency appointment request at Lagos since March 20 and my graduate program resumption date on I-20 says May 19th. I’m getting nervous. Plsssss could anyone share their experience with getting the EA. I would appreciate any advice.
I’m considering maybe switching location to Abuja but I wish I could know if Abuja has earlier dates.

Please, can we address this issue? It's like LAGOS doesn't reply to Emergency Application swiftly. Has anyone gotten an appointment in Lagos of recent?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cincolaze(f): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
Honeypot62:

Yes, there is.
Good evening, I'm just seeing this.. Is the code still active, if yes can you please send it to me olamidetnk@gmail.com. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sandraigho: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hello everyone

Pls I'm trying to help someone pay his SEVIS fee from here in the US but on getting to the western union place with all the information the applicant sent to me, I was told the account is invalid.

Pls is there anyone who has faced such challenge and how do I go about it.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2022
go to another location some of them do that.

sandraigho:
Hello everyone

Pls I'm trying to help someone pay his SEVIS fee from here in the US but on getting to the western union place with all the information the applicant sent to me, I was told the account is invalid.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 7:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
Someone called the customer service number on FMJfee.com, and they said they had some downtime last week. Apparently, that created issues with account numbers generated during that period.

They advised that this person generate a new coupon.

That may be the problem; it may not be. I'd advice you send them an email to verify what may have happened in your case.

sandraigho:
Hello everyone

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Faskyyoung(m): 7:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
TeeD:

Looks like we're in the same boat. My emergency request has not been responded to for 2 weeks now. I can't cancel because I will be back to square one. What if Abuja request takes longer? What if I will be asked to pay a new visa fee? What if there are no dropbox dates (I'm eligible for renewal)? What ifs and what ifs...

If I were you, I'd wait for the emergency request to be responded to, which is exactly what I'm doing. My school is in session right now and I'm praying hard I get a visa before my exams.
I got approved after changing to Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 8:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
sandraigho:
Hello everyone

Thanks

It shouldn't be. To make things easier for you ehn, just locate any Walgreens store and do it yourself. It's pretty straightforward

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avivian030: 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
OlamideTosyn:

Tnks

Summarily, "Closely before or on April 15th."
Though for a different department, that is the response I got when I asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Graphics2021(m): 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
Please this question is very crucial anyone that’s has a better idea should kindly enlighten more

A friend of mine need advice on this
Us gave him admission already with some scholarships and waiting for visa interview date to go for his USA visa interview and at the same time his patiently waiting for Canada �� PPR. Though he has applied for Canada over awhile now and all applications is done and submitted including Biometrics and Medical
Currently waiting for Canada PPR and as well waiting for interview of VISA in USA �� but his scared because Canada and USA share same information
What’s the risk involved in applying to two countries sharing same data base ?
What’s if Canada PPR comes out same time with US visa interview

Please anyone with idea of this and how the game can be play without losing any or both sides
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sandraigho: 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
UmmZayd:

It shouldn't be. To make things easier for you ehn, just locate any Walgreens store and do it yourself. It's pretty straightforward

I'll try that asap.

Thanks so much I appreciate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omooye22: 10:39pm On Apr 13, 2022
There's no issue with this. If you are asked about it, say the truth. If you are not asked, no need to bring it up. The fact that you have Canada PR pending does not disqualify you from getting a US student visa.
Graphics2021:

Please this question is very crucial anyone that’s has a better idea should kindly enlighten more

A friend of mine need advice on this
Us gave him admission already with some scholarships and waiting for visa interview date to go for his USA visa interview and at the same time his patiently waiting for Canada �� PPR. Though he has applied for Canada over awhile now and all applications is done and submitted including Biometrics and Medical
Currently waiting for Canada PPR and as well waiting for interview of VISA in USA �� but his scared because Canada and USA share same information
What’s the risk involved in applying to two countries sharing same data base ?
What’s if Canada PPR comes out same time with US visa interview

Please anyone with idea of this and how the game can be play without losing any or both sides
THANKS IN ADVANCE

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Garbia: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2022
Please is there a WhatsApp group for those admitted to University of Arkansas,Fayetteville?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaslaze: 11:37pm On Apr 13, 2022
Hi guys,please help me take out your time to check out this transcript

1 - Where are you going to?****
I am going to the Lincoln University in Oakland ,California

2 - What are you going to do there?****
I’m going to the Lincoln University for my Master’s in business administration with the concentration in International business

3 - Who is sponsoring you?***
My Dad

4 - What does your father do?***
He his a private contruction engineer ,who once held an office at Ogun state Road Maintenance Agency. In addition he owns a large store in Ogun state where he sells building materials and a warehouse in Lagos state where merchants come to buy imported building products.He has 10 workers working for him including his personal driver

5 - What do you do?****
I work as a marketer at Adron Homes which is a real estate company that specializes on buying, selling and development of landed properties

6 - What are your current role at your work place?*****
At my place of work, I am responsible for overseeing and developing the market. i am in charge of promoting new products to potential and existing clients. In addition, I carry out periodic follow-ups with the Client Relations Manager (C.R.M) to generate clients receipts and contract of sales

7 - How many schools did you apply to?*****
I applied to three Universities which are Lincoln University Oakland California , Eastern illinois University in Charleston Illinois and Valparaiso University in Indiana

8 - How many gave you admission?
All Universities gave me admission which are Lincoln university Oakland California and Eastern Illinois University in Charleston Illinois and Valparaiso University in Indiana

9 - Why Lincoln University?*****
After carrying out a series of research on all the universities, the MBA degree program at Lincoln University is designed to develop broad managerial competence that will enable me to cope with a wide variety of business situations. In addition the MBA degree program at Lincoln university lays emphasis on the development of my practical skills as well as knowledge of specific subject areas

10 - How did you know about the school?****
While preparing for my Undergraduate research i got recommendations from sources like US news & Google.com, On school that matched my ambition and goals then i further my enquiries through the school’s website

11 - Tell me about Lincoln University?****
Lincoln University was founded and chatered under the laws of california in 1926. Named to honor the life and work of Abraham Lincoln and the school is located at 401 15th street, Oakland California 94612

12- How long is your program?****
My program is for a duration of 24 months

13 - Why did you choose to study in the US?****
Studying in the US will help me have an edge over every other candidate while seeking employment at the central bank of Nigeria as an international business analyst. It would also give me an advancement in my career and help equip me with practical skills needed for Business management

14 - Why not in Nigeria your country?
I’m studying abroad to gain a global mindset on basic international economy and also schools in Nigeria focus mainly on theories,most Nigerian Universities are overcrowded making it difficult for teachers to have a more less personal relationship with students as most lecturers don’t even know their students

15 - What will the course do for you?****
This program is will help me hold a degree as an international business analyst. After the completion of my program,my short term goal is to join the central bank of Nigeria as an international business analyst under the department of strategic management which happens to be one of the department that all the loan policies. I will be working for 7-10 years to gather needed experience to pursue my long term goal as a consultant, where i intend to consult for the state govt, Federal govt on economic related issues

16 - Contact in the US?
Kaling Au (Director of Admission)

17 - What are the requirement for graduating?***
To graduate i’m expected to complete a minimum of 36 credit units, which comprises of core courses and elective courses. In addition I’m expected to maintain satisfactory pass marks in all my courses

18 - When is your program starting?
My program start date is Jan 19 2022 and end date is Jan 19 2024. The class start Jan 24 2022

19 - Tuition fee: $8460
Living expenses: $10,035
Book & Medical insurance: $1570
Total. : $20,065
Sponsor: $68,782

20 - What is Administration
Administration serves as a connecting link between the organization and the employees, they provide motivation to the goals of the organization

21 - Tell me about your program?****
The MBA course is designed for students who already have appreciable management level gained in the workplace but wish to develop their leadership skills. In addition according to the University of Essex is currently the most popular professional degree program in the world

22 - What are the element of international business?
- Import and export of goods and services
- Expansion in the Global markets
- Investment in Overseas business operations
- Patents, copyrights trademarks

23 - What is your annual income?
My annual income is 1.2 million naira

24 - Tell me about your academic background?****
I graduated with a second class upper from the University of Ilorin in 2018 with a Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, i was an active student in the research department of my undergraduate institution

25 - what have you been doing since graduating?****
After graduating from the University of Ilorin in 2018, i undertook the compulsory Nigerian youth service scheme. In this scheme i was deployed to Ogun state at Babcock university Ilisan-remo. After a successful completion of the scheme, i got a job as a Marketer at Adron Homes which is a real estate company where i work till date

26 - what are the courses you will be taking?
I will be taking a series of core courses and elective courses which are:-
International business
International Economics
Finance Management and Investments
General business
Human Resources Management
Marketing Management
Management Information Systems

27 - what do Adron Homes do?
Adron homes happens to be on of the biggest real estate company in Nigeria. The purpose of this organization Is to make the incredible affordable according to the organization vision. We operate on a very flexible payment plan where both the low income earners and the average income earners can afford landed and housing properties……..Oba Adetola Emmanuel King (C.E.O)

28 - What are your study plan?***
My program start on the 19th January 2022 and I will be taking 36 graduate units which includes of 21 core courses and 12 concentration courses which are International business, Finance management and investments, General business, Human Resources management, management information systems amongst others. I am expected to complete my program on the 19th of January 2024

29 - Has your father traveled out of the country before?
Yes he has,he studied abroad at Fachhochschule a university in Gemany and now he goes about his business traveling to Germany, italy and china to import furnitures and building materials

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreambigg: 5:14am On Apr 14, 2022
Many thanks to @walspring for a fast SEVIS payment services. I got my email approval within 48h. He is legit!

*Please house, I need help on how to go about scheduling interview together with my family, please advice.* For example;
Does my DS160 cover for us, since I'll be indicating who I am traveling with on the form?
Do I pay for the visa fee at GTBank altogether or separately for each person?
NOTE: I want our interview together (I.e. both F1 and F2) on the same day and time.

Thank you in advance for your help, always!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 6:34am On Apr 14, 2022
Good morning guys. I want to Write GRE in Lagos. Pls, I need someone to guide me on the registration process. Can I register it on my own or should I go through some agents I saw on the net? How much is the registration. Pls someone should help me. Those people that have written should give me contact of where they registered. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osondubueze: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2022
Good morning all, please am new to this US student visa trend, wish to know if I can apply for masters with my HND and know alll the enquiry needed for the process or if there’s a WhatsApp group link I could be referred to.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Edriscoal: 8:25am On Apr 14, 2022
Try to check your dashboard, do you still have the emergency request button? If not try to reschedule & check the available date ...keep checking until u see closer one. Most time you don't get mail

SammyT95:

Please, can we address this issue? It's like LAGOS doesn't reply to Emergency Application swiftly. Has anyone gotten an appointment in Lagos of recent?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2022
Olaslaze:
Hi guys,please help me take out your time to check out this transcript

1 - Where are you going to?****
I am going to the Lincoln University in Oakland ,California

2 - What are you going to do there?****
I’m going to the Lincoln University for my Master’s in business administration with the concentration in International business

3 - Who is sponsoring you?***
My Dad

4 - What does your father do?***
He his a private contruction engineer ,who once held an office at Ogun state Road Maintenance Agency. In addition he owns a large store in Ogun state where he sells building materials and a warehouse in Lagos state where merchants come to buy imported building products.He has 10 workers working for him including his personal driver

5 -
There are so many irrelevant questions in this your transcript, but the only place I will comment on is about your sponsor, the description is too shallow, u can say he has a big warehouse of imported building materials which he supplies to top companies in Nigeria and has over 250 staffs working for him
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by johnjones243: 12:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I would like to ask, is it possible for me to change my interview location after submitting my DS-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ggetter50: 12:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello guys, please, can someone tells me if "Carolina University" is a good school worth venture into? This is second time am posting this.

I have done my research on it, but want to hear people's view about it here. I'm making this findings for one of my relatives.

Please, I would appreciate any response regarding this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
johnjones243:
Good afternoon everyone,

Please I would like to ask, is it possible for me to change my interview location after submitting my DS-160?

Yes, you will need to fill a new DS 160 application though
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by missuzoma: 1:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
UmmZayd:

Yes, you will need to fill a new DS 160 application though

Please, does it entail paying another visa fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
Bro I greet you. I know you are now in the u.s. I appeal to you, to try provide the original transcript, to help those of us yet to leave Nigeria. You know you learnt from here too.
mikeljims:
Happy Sunday everyone,

Please I have my interview coming up this week and I’ll need all the help I can get. I’m open to any form of support or criticism, or maybe just someone to help me with a mock interview. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Below preparatory transcript.

Program: Master’s degree in Environmental Sciences (PSM)
School: OSU (Oregon State University)
COA: $54,830
Funding: None
GRE: 299 (AN: 4) wasn’t needed during application
TOEFL: 95 (R:20, L:23, S:23, W:29)
Attempt: First attempt

Where Are you heading to?
I'm heading to Oregon state university for my Professional Science Master's Degree in Environmental Sciences.

Why Oregon state uninersity:

I chose Oregon state university because they offer a Professional Science Master's Degree in environmental Sciences which integrates extra training in Communication, Business management, Ethics and other professional Skills which I will be needing on my return to effectively run the Geophysical services arm of the family business. (****** Geophysical Services) which is where I have been working since after my Bachelor's Degree. These extra trainings are not included in a traditional Science master's program. (just incase they further ask why this school amdist other choices)

Who will be paying for this trip:

My Brother (name) who is in charge of the family business. (****** Nigeria Limited) which is a Geophysical Services Company based in XXXXX. We offer consultation, drilling, installation and maintenace of boreholes. And we are currently looking to improve on ways to better protect the environment while at this.

What do you intend to do with this degree?

I intend to return home to take over the running of the Geophysical arm of the company so my brother can retire.

Married? No

Previous travel? No, I haven't had a reason to.

Please if there’s any documents or paperwork anyone think I might need to carry along aside I-20, Sevis payment receipt, visa appointment confirmation and passport; please don’t hesitate to let me know

Thanks everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.