Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1644275 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teetop02(f): 12:09am On Apr 17, 2022
zellfoxx:
Hi all,

If you’ll be attending Western Illinois University (WIU) from Fall 2022, send a PM to be added to our WhatsApp group.

Go Leathernecks.

I’m interested pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:37am On Apr 17, 2022
thankyouJesus:
Admitted but wait listed for funding... Result will be out in 2 weeks.

Which course?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyjnr1: 5:39am On Apr 17, 2022
VivaceET:
Hello,

If you have been rejected in the past 6-12 months, and you are trying to apply for a date for fall 2022. If you have successfully chosen a date, Kindly reach out, please!
My brother no date till now o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreambigg: 5:53am On Apr 17, 2022
Good morning,

Happy Easter Sunday to you all and thank you for all you do. This page has helped me from application up to this time. Gracias!

I have been worried sick on paying for MRV and booking for visa interview. I understand that only far dates are available now, and I can reschedule.

My confusion
I saw online that if you pick the far date, that you cannot reschedule for an earlier date. That is, if I pick Feb 2023 for instance, would I be able to reschedule when closer and favourable date for 2022 appears.

My questions
1. Should I just wait until those favourable dates for fall 2022 are listed before going ahead with paying the visa fee at GTBank?

2. Can I pick any far date and still be eligible to reschedule for an earlier date?

3. If I go ahead with (1), when does the ds160 that I fill expire and what can I do to ensure it remains valid?
NOTE: I only filled and saved the ds160, I am yet to submit it

4. Lastly, please someone should help guide me on how to schedule interview such that myself and my family would attend at the same time. Do I pay our visa fee together or separately or how? Please I have no clue as this is my first time, help!!!

Thank you in advance!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akkard: 8:33am On Apr 17, 2022
You need to be in the US at least 2weeks before your program start date.
Infact, before classes begin, there'd be orientations and registrations which needs to be done a week earlier.
So for intended travel date, pick a date that is before your program start date ie July 30th.
So you can go for dates from July 15-25th
ThisGuy2020:
Good day guys.

The program start date on my I-20 is 30th July while start of classes is 9th August.

In my DS-160, when I’m filling the intended travel date, do I pick a time that is before 30th July (Program start date), say 25th of July or I can pick a date that is after program start date but not before 9th August (start of classes) , say 1st August.

I know that it’s just an estimate but I no want make mistake dey my DS-160, so if anyone has an idea, please answer.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yusufmurry: 8:42am On Apr 17, 2022
zellfoxx:
You can use anyone’s bank statement as POF.

As long as you are able to convincingly explain to the VO why that person would be spending such funds for your studies.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2022
akkard:
[b][/b] Please anyone going to Saint Louis University Missouri?
Or you know anyone whose going for fall 2022 or someone over there..I'd really like to connect so we tag along.

Thank you
Send a PM. We got a group on WhatsApp
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by VivaceET: 10:59am On Apr 17, 2022
Emmyjnr1:

sent you a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tunezboy: 1:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Anyone please

If you are asked what have you been doing after your high school that’s 4 years.

Why did you only apply to one university?

What’s are the best answers for this ��
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by koonleh: 1:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
pls you do not need to pay another visa fee, just email the embassy, uploading your i20 and explain yourself to them.

i had a friend in same situation last year. Email them.

OBANLABAMIDELE2:
good day everyone, please my brother applied to Lagos but couldn't get a date but going for summer intake and he Applied for emergency appointment but was denied so he had to change to Abuja, buy unfortunately for him he could get a nearer date also in abuja and the emergency request form did not show anymore on the Portal for him to apply for emergency appointment to Abuja and he will be resuming to school by next month on the 9, please what can he do and how can he get a nearer date. although he has emailed Abuja but they haven't replied him yet.
I will be glad if I get your help and your response.
thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zellfoxx: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sent you a WhatsApp DM.

Cheers

teetop02:

I’m interested pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thankyouJesus(m): 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Michaelalade009:

Which course?
PhD (Applied) Mathematics
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bambarino: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
h
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
dalo23:
13th April 2022
Texas Tech University
M.Engineering
COA: 34k
Funding: family funds.

Nigeria to take up a role as a senior engineer In my current place of work and I have future plane of opening my own firm in nigeria.
V.0 : your visa is approved passes me the white paper. I didn't hear what he said next

Tips*
- Fill your DS 160 yourself and remember what you filled in
- be bold and confident.
- look in the visa officer eye while talking
- prepare and pray alot.
- read transcripts alot. I read so many transcripts here.
- watch argo videos on YouTube.
- Do mock interviews
A big thank you to everybody here. You guys did it for me. With l
Congratulations, is it Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bnad: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hi, does anyone know any college that’s still admitting masters student for either summer or fall
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sameerahhh: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
I'm going for my second interview but nothing has since my first interview,i dont know what to say if i am asked ‘what has changed since your first interView?’ because i only deffered my admission and i dont know if that enough reason.
Please I really need your advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreambigg: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
dreambigg:
Good morning,

Happy Easter Sunday to you all and thank you for all you do. This page has helped me from application up to this time. Gracias!

I have been worried sick on paying for MRV and booking for visa interview. I understand that only far dates are available now, and I can reschedule.

My confusion
I saw online that if you pick the far date, that you cannot reschedule for an earlier date. That is, if I pick Feb 2023 for instance, would I be able to reschedule when closer and favourable date for 2022 appears.

My questions
1. Should I just wait until those favourable dates for fall 2022 are listed before going ahead with paying the visa fee at GTBank?

2. Can I pick any far date and still be eligible to reschedule for an earlier date?

3. If I go ahead with (1), when does the ds160 that I fill expire and what can I do to ensure it remains valid?
NOTE: I only filled and saved the ds160, I am yet to submit it

4. Lastly, please someone should help guide me on how to schedule interview such that myself and my family would attend at the same time. Do I pay our visa fee together or separately or how? Please I have no clue as this is my first time, help!!!

Thank you in advance!

Pls help, make I no go do mistake at this crucial stage abbey
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 6:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Themaths:

More like 2days ago. New interview date is the 20th of April, 2022.

Wow seems like LAGOS is a bad news
Please anyone else choosing LAGOS for Fall?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emmyjnr1:

So what will you do now? This is my biggest fear. How do you plan to handle this situation??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Meekun: 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter Everyone

Please I got my i-20 since February and my program starts August 6th I have been trying to schedule for early dates.

But none is forth coming I picked September 20 for now but still not favorable. Please how do I get a closer dates?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dalo23(m): 7:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Abuja
Tinafusty:

09158466805Congratulations, is it Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Meekun: 8:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
[quote author=VivaceET post=111978345]Hello,

Is anyone going to North carolina Agricultural and Technical State University for fall 2022?

Kindly reach out, lets connect.

Hi Vivace
Kindly check your mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Meekun: 8:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hi add me up 08060266250

VivaceET:
Hello,

Is anyone going to North carolina Agricultural and Technical State University for fall 2022?

Kindly reach out, lets connect.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dm
Bambarino:
Hello guys, please i need your help, please i need a contact of someone who can help with getting my transcript from UNILAG, pls anybody that can help, we can discuss and reason together, i know school is on strike but i believe it is still possible to get it, pls any Akokite with any contact should please help, it is very urgent, it is really holding my school application. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ProsperT2: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Na we dey here
SammyT95:

Wow seems like LAGOS is a bad news
Please anyone else choosing LAGOS for Fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sameerahhh: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sameerahhh:
I'm going for my second interview but nothing has since my first interview,i dont know what to say if i am asked ‘what has changed since your first interView?’ because i only deffered my admission and i dont know if that enough reason.
Please I really need your advice

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rhonah: 1:10am On Apr 18, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rhonah: 1:11am On Apr 18, 2022
bnad:
Hi, does anyone know any college that’s still admitting masters student for either summer or fall

Google = "college that’s still admitting masters student for either summer or fall 2022"
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Meekun: 2:18am On Apr 18, 2022
What if he's the sponsor?
Will anything be wrong about that?

Just to e clear PLEASE.

TeeD:

Declare it in the form, don't falsify facts. It helps if your school is not in the same state as said brother. I hope he's not your sponsor lol. You don't need to emphasize different mother, doesn't matter.

Just say you guys talk once in a blue moon. Don't portray to know too much about him, might give up vibes that you're going to live with him and immigrate. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) ... (855) (856) (857) (858) (859) (860) (861) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.