Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648713 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jacknn: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2022
Please I want to know if it's possible to get funding this spring application coming up june/July/Sept.

Here's my profile
OND and BSc. Both 2.86/4 on Wes. Gre score 321. Toefel: 102. Already working on my undergrad reseach work to publish. My course interests re geoscience, hydrology,GIs, geography,geology, hydrogeology etc.

With this profile can anybody refer schools or link I can get skuls that offer spring application and also is it possible to secure funding too as I target at least 4skuls this spring..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by GreatUniben: 11:17am On Apr 23, 2022
While trying to apply for date on CGI, I saw this below screenshot, if i choose the first option (because I was rejected by December), I will not see date, but I will see dates on the second option. So what do you people think I should do? Thanks

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evaowokotomo(f): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2022
Hello all, please I just got admission to Emerson college Boston. The school fees is 49,580 dollars and I got a scholarship from the school worth 38,000 dollars. I just accepted the admission, so I would love to ask what are the necessary documents I need to apply for the visa and what documents should the school give me to apply for visa? what type of visa am i supposed to apply for? For the money that my sponsor suppose to have, is it the 49,580 dollars that should be in the account or the (49,580 - 38,000 = 10,580) dollars? Please is there any group I can join that can help me? I have so many questions. I am to resume in August.

Thank you so much

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 11:26am On Apr 23, 2022
CharlesTunde:

Good morning everyone it’s my first time joining this forum , my name is Charles and I’m 18, please I’ve been denied twice of my f1 visa first in Lagos on the first of December 2021 the reason then was that I didn’t have complete documents even though the woman didn’t even give me enough chance to speak and then second was in Abuja January 10th 2022 with my mom who had her own visa to travel but was still denied saying I didn’t state my ties and the question wasn’t asked and The name of the school I’m being admitted into is Harford Community College in Maryland . Please if anyone can be of assistance to help me go through this third one cause I deferred to Fall classes by August please if you can be of assistance contact me via email charlep53@gmail.com I would really appreciate �������I really don’t know how this forum works that’s why I asked to be contacted via email �� Please help a young Nigerian

The secret to any interview is that you have to state your story, share information with them like ; why you choose a community college and not a 4 year university, why that particular college , why that major and some other reasons. If you are waiting for them to ask you this and that my guy you are jonzing cos they have lot of people to attend to so if you dont give them infomation they will just deny you. For instance : Why are you going to the U.S. and you answer "To study" ofcourse they know thats the reason lol they can see it on ur ds160. theres no infomation you just shared with that reply...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:41am On Apr 23, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Hello all, please I just got admission to Emerson college Boston. The school fees is 49,580 dollars and I got a scholarship from the school worth 38,000 dollars. I just accepted the admission, so I would love to ask what are the necessary documents I need to apply for the visa and what documents should the school give me to apply for visa? what type of visa am i supposed to apply for? For the money that my sponsor suppose to have, is it the 49,580 dollars that should be in the account or the (49,580 - 38,000 = 10,580) dollars? Please is there any group I can join that can help me? I have so many questions. I am to resume in August.

Thank you so much
1. The school would issue you the Form I-20 after you must have submitted your sponsors financial documents. You'd need to show poof of funds of any amount slightly above the naira equivalent of $10,580.

2. Pay visa fee and fill the visa application form(CGI) after receiving your I-20 from school. You'd also need to generate a DS-160 confirmation number to complete the *CGI.

3. Pay SEVIS Fee & print receipts no later than a week to your appointment date.

Links;
*CGI: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/
*DS-160 Form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv
*SEVIS Fee: https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2022
GreatUniben:
While trying to apply for date on CGI, I saw this below screenshot, if i choose the first option (because I was rejected by December), I will not see date, but I will see dates on the second option. So what do you people think I should do? Thanks
Select Regular.

When filling the DS-160, there's a section you'd indicate you've been denied before.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:45am On Apr 23, 2022
Jacknn:

With this profile can anybody refer schools or link I can get skuls that offer spring application and also is it possible to secure funding too as I target at least 4skuls this spring..

Most schools offer funding during FALL Session. Plan towards that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Kingcescy:
Will this really affect my chances of getting my visa approved?
That's a tough call.
Who's sponsoring?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2022
ny11:
my experience: after waiting for one month to get EA in Lagos, I canceled Lagos appointment and used the same MRV to apply to Abuja this week . I was able to initiate another EA request to Abuja using the same MRV.EA was approved in Abuja within a day. I called embassy contacts several times to be sure the same MRV can be used for Abuja EA. The contact person said it might not but if it does, fine. So you can’t be too sure the same MRV will allow you book another EA. Regular available dates in Abuja is now April 2023. EA available date is May 18, 2022. I’m still checking two to three times a day to see if I can get an earlier date.
Once your EA is approved,you have a time frame to pick a date(check your email). You won't see any close dates if you don't pick before that time elapses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kingcescy(m): 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
beejhay69:
That's a tough call.
Who's sponsoring?
my sister is, full funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 12:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
Yes. I have picked the earliest available of May 17th for now. Still hoping to get an earlier date before it expires.

beejhay69:
Once your EA is approved,you have a time frame to pick a date(check your email). You won't see any close dates if you don't pick before that time elapses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chacha22: 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
GreatUniben:

This is a tough one, but I will advice you stick to the truth. That’s my General rule for all things visa. Call or email the embassy to find out why you are not seeing dates on the portal. They might have an explanation or rectification.

Do not apply through regular because it may compound your problems
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2022
Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 applications is almost opened. You need Standardised test to become competitive. Register for GRE and TOEFL exams at a discounted price. 68k for both exams. We are still in business because we are trustworthy. 08135076974 Whatsapp Only
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. This is really helpful. So May 18 is the emergency appointment date you were able to get after approval or is that currently the earliest available appointment that they normally show on the EA section of CGI? (for example in Lagos the current earliest available appointment in Lagos shows May 3 when you click on the EA section in the CGI portal).
do you know if they respond to EA requests on weekend or should I just wait till Monday morning to switch to Abuja? just in case Lagos responds Monday morning.
Thanks again.

ny11:
my experience: after waiting for one month to get EA in Lagos, I canceled Lagos appointment and used the same MRV to apply to Abuja this week . I was able to initiate another EA request to Abuja using the same MRV.EA was approved in Abuja within a day. I called embassy contacts several times to be sure the same MRV can be used for Abuja EA. The contact person said it might not but if it does, fine. So you can’t be too sure the same MRV will allow you book another EA. Regular available dates in Abuja is now April 2023. EA available date is May 18, 2022. I’m still checking two to three times a day to see if I can get an earlier date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
Ok. Thank you!

beejhay69:
You can cancel appointment and switch to Abuja without paying another visa fee, if there are closer dates, you'd get to pick one. However, if you wish to use the Emergency request at Abuja then you'd have to entirely cancel your appointment, pay a new visa fee, and restart the process.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2022
Good day

Will my US sponsor needs to submit the i-134 affidavit of support to any department there?

Or when completely filled, should be sent to me instead?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rystodave(m): 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=Jacknn post=112200840]Please I want to know if it's possible to get funding this spring application coming up june/July/Sept.

Here's my profile
OND and BSc. Both 2.86/4 on Wes. Gre score 321. Toefel: 102. Already working on my undergrad reseach work to publish. My course interests re geoscience, hydrology,GIs, geography,geology, hydrogeology etc.

Bros, that's a very good score you have. Iam also preparing for GRE but it has not been easy. Which study material did you use sir and if I can get the softcopy I would really appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Orlayinkahh: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
AkinShalom:

Please someone from Rivers state University, should signify please

I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IkechukwuNonso(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
Please Lawal help me with the GRE and TOEFL.materials. @ awhandiagu1@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sameul635: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
Tayekomo:
My Sevis fee just got paid by @walspring! Kindly patronize him o! He's very honest and straightforward.

Please can how can I contact him? I’m new here and I would like to pay my Sevis fee. I don’t know how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dareyjosh: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Faheezah1:

Please I am interested in joining the group

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brainner(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Do anyone know of a contact to get undergrad and pg transcripts in OAU please? It's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olamitidey: 4:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hello guys, please I don’t know if anyone can assist with this question.
A friend paid for us visa fee on gtbank app using her expired passport number by mistake. Every other document is correct with the new passport number and that is what she used to book appointment (ds 160 and on cgi page).
My advise was that she should go with the old passport too Incase they asked what happened.
Please help Anybody.
Another person also said to send a mail using her cgi profile to explain what happened.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IkechukwuNonso(m): 4:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
Bere122:
Hello everyone,
Anyone going to Ball State University, MSc Chemistry, Fall 2022, hit me up let's connect.

Please let's connect @ awhandiagu1@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Please what is COA and power loan? So sorry, I am new.

It's okay.
COA —an abbreviation for “Cost of attendance”
Power loan — prolly a private loan institution.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by doodz: 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
Angellabelle:
Hi... Anyone going to the university of missouri columbia for fall 2022?

check and reply email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 5:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
OladeleEniola01:
Good day

Will my US sponsor needs to submit the i-134 affidavit of support to any department there?

Or when completely filled, should be sent to me instead?

Can anyone pls help provide an answer to this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 5:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
May 18 is the emergency date I was able to book. the earliest available date when I was initiating the EA was April 22. I don’t think the embassy works over the weekend. Best to wait to COB Monday if you want to wait another working day before switching. You might pay another MRV cos of a second EA. You have nothing to lose if you call to request using the same MRV for a 2nd EA since you don’t have any response from them. No guarantees.
amojoawo:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. This is really helpful. So May 18 is the emergency appointment date you were able to get after approval or is that currently the earliest available appointment that they normally show on the EA section of CGI? (for example in Lagos the current earliest available appointment in Lagos shows May 3 when you click on the EA section in the CGI portal).
do you know if they respond to EA requests on weekend or should I just wait till Monday morning to switch to Abuja? just in case Lagos responds Monday morning.
Thanks again.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
I used this app to pay for SEVIS Fee. Quite fast https://apps.apple.com/ng/app/pay4me-app/id1543673271

Sameul635:

Please can how can I contact him? I’m new here and I would like to pay my Sevis fee. I don’t know how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Sameul635:

I have replied your PM or email sent.

Kindly check your inbox and if you didn’t see it there check your spam or junk.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LordeCalifornia: 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.