Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,881 members, 7,810,379 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639145 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
No I didn’t specify that in my request for EA on CGI. But I discussed my plan with the customer rep. I don’t know if it makes any difference to put it in and I don’t think you have anything to lose by including that as a footnote. Also, the trail of your EA request is visible to them.
amojoawo:

Pls when you submitted another EA request in Abuja, did you put in your application statement that you had first applied in Lagos but it took too long? Do you think that would help?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OldGuard: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please how many months of statement of account is required for issuance of i-20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 12:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Yes I experienced the same thing. The moment I submitted for Abuja, the EA tab was no longer visible. I called the Contact number to be sure they could see the latest EA request and to confirm it’s under review which they did.
amojoawo:
I cancelled my Lagos appointment and EA request today so I can switch to Abuja. I was able to use the same MRV fee and still saw the Emergency appointment tab on the CGI portal after updating my profile with a new DS160. However, After submitting another EA request to Abuja, I noticed that the EA tab is now gone on the portal. Did anyone experience this?
It did show that my application is now under review after submitting but just wondering why the EA tab is now gone.
For those that switched to Abuja recently, did you also observe this?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2022
OldGuard:
Please how many months of statement of account is required for issuance of i-20?
Your school determines that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dagorobeto: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2022
NigPatriot:

27k should be around 14-15 million using embassy conversion rate to naira. So 30 million naira should be fine.
As for the stipulated expected monthly income. There is no fixed amount for that. The aim is for you to be able to demonstrate that your sponsor is either into business or a paid salary and has a statement of account where there is sufficient and regular cash flow.
Boss, what if one is going in for an MSc and the second year is for internship. Having a COA of 27k, does the bold statement stand?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 1:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Dagorobeto:

Boss, what if one is going in for an MSc and the second year is for internship. Having a COA of 27k, does the bold statement stand?

Yes it still stands, because the proof of funds required to show, should cover your one year expenses . Subsequent years expenses are not required by the embassy or the school before issuing i20 document.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macuwon(m): 2:03pm On Apr 25, 2022
I just got my emergency request denied. Please what's the next step i can take, my resumption date is may 20th. I'm suspecting it's because I didn't complete my ds-160 yet. I felt we could complete it at worst 3days to the interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qasme(m): 2:10pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please how long does it take to verify my identity on this app?
Teeswift:
Good job ny11. This will help prospective applicants to make their payments with ease. I just downloaded the app too. I can see that it allows you to make SEVIS I-901fee , WES evaluation fee and other payments right from the comfort of your home in Nigeria.

Here is what(Screenshot) I found ...I haven't used it though but its worth trying.. Goodluck Guys!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OldGuard: 2:14pm On Apr 25, 2022
Anyone going to Oklahoma state University here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by farggie(m): 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
cutelass:

If they applied together, meaning on the cgi portal, they have only one profile, where F1 is principal applicant and F2 is added to profile as “Family Member”, then yes…every action affects both
You are absolutely correct.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 2:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
macuwon:
I just got my emergency request denied. Please what's the next step i can take, my resumption date is may 20th. I'm suspecting it's because I didn't complete my ds-160 yet. I felt we could complete it at worst 3days to the interview.

When did you apply and where?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 2:29pm On Apr 25, 2022
ny11:
No I didn’t specify that in my request for EA on CGI. But I discussed my plan with the customer rep. I don’t know if it makes any difference to put it in and I don’t think you have anything to lose by including that as a footnote. Also, the trail of your EA request is visible to them.

Ok. Thanks for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by farggie(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2022
jbryan54:
I want to apply for an F2 visa for my baby (less than 5years). Do they conduct interviews for minors?

What is the procedure for getting an F2 visa for a minor after application?
They don't conduct interview for minors
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
ny11:
Yes I experienced the same thing. The moment I submitted for Abuja, the EA tab was no longer visible. I called the Contact number to be sure they could see the latest EA request and to confirm it’s under review which they did.

Okay. Good to know. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2022
illumined999333:
Good day UmmZayd, I'll like to ask you how I answer the question "how much does your sponsor earn?".
Now this sponsor is a business man and has numerous businesses, but we aren't particularly close, so I'm not privy to this information. I know you would ask me to ask him, but let's assume he wasn't comfortable telling me about his earnings.

You can get an estimate based on his statement of account. You don't need to ask him directly. I think this should work

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 3:06pm On Apr 25, 2022
Thanks for your response. So how will the visa be issued? Is it just by submitting the ds160 form for the child?

farggie:
They don't conduct interview for minors
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 3:15pm On Apr 25, 2022
Pls, are there no appointment dates available for recently refused(over 6mo) applicants?. I log in on the cgi portal and below is what popped up..

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by macuwon(m): 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
amojoawo:

When did you apply and where?
I applied on the 21st of March. Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2022
HDwayne:
Pls, are there no appointment dates available for recently refused(over 6mo) applicants?. I log in on the cgi portal and below is what popped up..

Change it to Regular so you can see dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HDwayne: 3:33pm On Apr 25, 2022
Okay, thanks.
Lustre23:

Change it to Regular so you can see dates
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 4:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
UmmZayd:

Hmmm this is long for a 2/3mins interview but anyways.
1. You don't need a Nursing degree to attend a medical school because Nursing students do not get to do all Medical School prerequisites so for you to now come and say you are going for Nursing because you are planning on attending a Med school doesn't add.
2. There's biology premed concentration. I'm stating all these so that you will get your facts right.
3. You really need to check teacher to Students ratio of HBCUs institution before you make a stand on flexibility and diversity o. It's important
4. No comment on the disorder but you really need to get your facts right. I'm really hoping it's not a lamba anyways.
5. To save stress, CC is a red flag. That institution was specifically made for some benefits. And I'm guessing that part of med school has a solid reason with financial backup.
6. Applying to a university with Biology pre-med would have made a whole lot of sense

Best of luck

exactly what i thought, thats too long for a 2mins interview and community college is always a red flag
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Faskyyoung:
HI GUYS! I’m having my visa interview coming up very soon and I need to get all sides of opinion on this transcript. Thank you very much!

I graduated from high school in 2018 and I’m looking to pursue a nursing program at Wayne county community college.

What has changed between your previous appointment and now?
During my previous interview, I was nervous and discomposed due to the fact that it’s my first time being in any embassy for any interview. I am ready to convince my visa officer that I’m a credible US visa applicant with strong reasons to travel to the USA, strong ties to my home country, important reason to return back to Nigeria and strong financial capability to see me through my approved period of stay in the United States.

What do you do currently?/ What have you been doing since high school graduation?
I graduated from high school in 2018. February 2019, I enrolled in a AS/A levels program which spanned for 18 months. I finished the program in August 2020. I wrote the exam May 2021 after COVID lockdown. I took Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics (AAA). During 2020 COVID lockdown and 2021 early post lockdown, I volunteered as a ground community and house to house COVID-19 sensitization worker in Oyo state. We travelled to various communities in rural and remote areas in the state and a few towns to sensitize the populace on what the virus is, it’s mode of transmission, prevention practices, suspected cases means of report and putting the mind of people at peace (not to panic).
Late 2021 to 2022, I started researching extensively, making decisions and applying into colleges in the United States.

What are your plans in the United States?
My ultimate plan in the United States of America is to attain my medical degree in the US and return home to harness acquired state of the art skills and knowledge in pediatric medicine in the children populace of Nigeria. It is for this reason I am pursing earning my first degree in Nursing at Wayne county community college district which is a compulsory requirement for any prospecting US medical school applicant i.e. any first degree earned outside of the US makes any applicant ineligible for admission into any US medical school.

Why an associate degree?
Honestly, the only reason I have decided to go for an associate degree in a community college and then transfer to a 4-year university because of my worry on the possibility of me timely adapting/ adjusting to foreign student and social lifestyle. I have adjustment disorder. It’s a stress response syndrome that’s non-psychotic and short term. I had its first attack when my family relocated to Ibadan and I was to attend a new high school (beginning my senior secondary school education as a boarding student). It lasted for 3 months before full recovery with the help of therapy sessions with my therapist as the only treatment. So, it had been a worry for me until I got to know community colleges existed and that they offer better academic flexibility and smaller classroom to teacher ratio than universities which allow a good way for me to ease into the world of US higher education and catalyze my adaptation to US higher education student lifestyle and environment.

How many colleges did you apply to and why WCCCD?
I applied into 3 colleges. Two in Michigan- Wayne county community college district and north central Michigan college and one in California- Taft college. I chose WCCCD because, unlike other colleges) is affiliated to university of Michigan and offers easy transfer of credit hours to university of California Los Angeles at the same time. Taft college is not affiliated with UofM and NCMC is not affiliated with UCLA. This is important because these two universities are my top selection for medical school destinations, so I would also love to complete my bsc in nursing in either.
Also, WCCCD is the most popular for quality education in nursing among the three colleges. As a matter of fact, In Michigan, WCCCD is best known for its Nursing program. It is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the positive review put up by the commission in support of the college is captivating and satisfactory and the course module corroborates this.

Why Nursing ?
I have chosen nursing as my premed because unlike any natural science major, it prepares me for a career in medicine including the clinical area of medicine. This way I get to study for 4 years for a pathway to medicine and still be in connection with what I have passion for. Biology for an example as a natural science major, which is a main component of medicine, does not focus only on human biology. It ranges across plant biology, invertebrate animal biology and ecology and does not offer any clinical experience. Studying nursing as my major would make my experience in medical school easier.

Who is your sponsor?
My mother will be officially sponsoring me. She has been a medical consultant for the Oyo state government for the past 30 years and she is also a major distributor of healthcare products to hospitals in Oyo state and Lagos state. She has an annual income of 45million. (*note: my total cost of studying in the us is $15,200 for the first year)
My father has been a real estate investor since before I was born. He runs real estate across the country.

To start with when they say dont give short answers it doesnt mean it has to be lenghty, this things you plan to say are too long for a 3mins interview and the V.O will not give you the chance to say all these except he hears something interesting then you can go on and on abt what you wanna do. My advise is summarize the point and try to be very concise and detailed(put your highlights in front of him or her) for instance if you have scholarship that could be a good highlight of your case. Oh and not to discourage you, Community colleges are a major redflag and be ready to explain why a community college and not a 4yr uni. all the best

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michaelshow: 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
Please, anyone studying at O'Neill school, Indiana University, Bloomington. I got MSc admission in Environmental Science for fall 2022.

I need to make some equiries.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2022
jbryan54:
Please what is the easiest state to get an international passport in Nigeria? Abuja and Lagos are no go areas and I need one urgently.

Kindly go do their Annex in G.R A Sagamu, it's swift there
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 7:47pm On Apr 25, 2022
Temahjeff1:
Good morning guys, my school is requesting original copy of my translated documents sent to them directly from WES to their mail.
Pls do WES send copy of result directly to school email? Or how do i go about it

WES sends a Certified True Copy of your certificate. You can email them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nozino: 8:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
Faskyyoung:
HI GUYS! I’m having my visa interview coming up very soon and I need to get all sides of opinion on this transcript. Thank you very much!

I graduated from high school in 2018 and I’m looking to pursue a nursing program at Wayne county community college.

During my previous interview, I was nervous and discomposed due to the fact that it’s my first time being in any embassy for any interview. I am ready to convince my visa officer that I’m a credible US visa applicant with strong reasons to travel to the USA, strong ties to my home country, important reason to return back to Nigeria and strong financial capability to see me through my approved period of stay in the United States.

What do you do currently?/ What have you been doing since high school graduation?
I graduated from high school in 2018. February 2019, I enrolled in a AS/A levels program which spanned for 18 months. I finished the program in August 2020. I wrote the exam May 2021 after COVID lockdown. I took Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics (AAA). During 2020 COVID lockdown and 2021 early post lockdown, I volunteered as a ground community and house to house COVID-19 sensitization worker in Oyo state. We travelled to various communities in rural and remote areas in the state and a few towns to sensitize the populace on what the virus is, it’s mode of transmission, prevention practices, suspected cases means of report and putting the mind of people at peace (not to panic).
Late 2021 to 2022, I started researching extensively, making decisions and applying into colleges in the United States.

My ultimate plan in the United States of America is to attain my medical degree in the US and return home to harness acquired state of the art skills and knowledge in pediatric medicine in the children populace of Nigeria. It is for this reason I am pursing earning my first degree in Nursing at Wayne county community college district which is a compulsory requirement for any prospecting US medical school applicant i.e. any first degree earned outside of the US makes any applicant ineligible for admission into any US medical school.

Why an associate degree?
Honestly, the only reason I have decided to go for an associate degree in a community college and then transfer to a 4-year university because of my worry on the possibility of me timely adapting/ adjusting to foreign student and social lifestyle. I have adjustment disorder. It’s a stress response syndrome that’s non-psychotic and short term. I had its first attack when my family relocated to Ibadan and I was to attend a new high school (beginning my senior secondary school education as a boarding student). It lasted for 3 months before full recovery with the help of therapy sessions with my therapist as the only treatment. So, it had been a worry for me until I got to know community colleges existed and that they offer better academic flexibility and smaller classroom to teacher ratio than universities which allow a good way for me to ease into the world of US higher education and catalyze my adaptation to US higher education student lifestyle and environment.

I applied into 3 colleges. Two in Michigan- Wayne county community college district and north central Michigan college and one in California- Taft college. I chose WCCCD because, unlike other colleges) is affiliated to university of Michigan and offers easy transfer of credit hours to university of California Los Angeles at the same time. Taft college is not affiliated with UofM and NCMC is not affiliated with UCLA. This is important because these two universities are my top selection for medical school destinations, so I would also love to complete my bsc in nursing in either.
Also, WCCCD is the most popular for quality education in nursing among the three colleges. As a matter of fact, In Michigan, WCCCD is best known for its Nursing program. It is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the positive review put up by the commission in support of the college is captivating and satisfactory and the course module corroborates this.

Why Nursing ?
I have chosen nursing as my premed because unlike any natural science major, it prepares me for a career in medicine including the clinical area of medicine. This way I get to study for 4 years for a pathway to medicine and still be in connection with what I have passion for. Biology for an example as a natural science major, which is a main component of medicine, does not focus only on human biology. It ranges across plant biology, invertebrate animal biology and ecology and does not offer any clinical experience. Studying nursing as my major would make my experience in medical school easier.

Who is your sponsor?
My mother will be officially sponsoring me. She has been a medical consultant for the Oyo state government for the past 30 years and she is also a major distributor of healthcare products to hospitals in Oyo state and Lagos state. She has an annual income of 45million. (*note: my total cost of studying in the us is $15,200 for the first year)
My father has been a real estate investor since before I was born. He runs real estate across the country.

Hello,

Firstly, you can get into A US medical school with a foreign bachelors. Granted it makes it more difficult but getting in with a US bachelors is also difficult.

For medical school, you need to take certain prerequisites which a Biology degree usually covers. A nursing degree doesn’t cover most medical school prerequisites so you’d probably need a post Bac after your degree.

Be certain of what you’re saying! For someone who wants to get into medical school, nursing is arguably one of the worst choice for undergrad.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olufemi1400: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2022
I've tried to send a mail to you, I'm also an an undergraduate looking to reapply after being denied around December, I want to ask you some questions regarding that or should I drop my contact?.
Faskyyoung:

Why an associate degree?

Why Nursing ?

Who is your sponsor?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 8:23pm On Apr 25, 2022
My people......how's everyone doing? I want to use this medium to wish you all goodluck in your visa interview. My Jan 13 interview seems the easiest I've ever seen. Apart from doing my part very well to the best of my knowledge and understanding, I was also super lucky on that day, extra grace also followed me. I will always celebrate Jan 13 every year.

Goodluck to everyone and stay blessed

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2022
OladeleEniola01:
I was stucked at this stage

Couldn't link my MRV Payment
which means I can't schedule a date

How do I go about this anyone

Change your visa category to "student...."
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by toyobillz(m): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hi everyone, please how do I change my next interview location to Abuja??
P.S: I have paid the visa fee, I have not scheduled an appointment, and I haven’t submitted Ds-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
Hello house,

A friend of mine introduced this great platform to me and have been following up with various comments and responses and saw benefits and help this great house has rendered so far

I applied to 4 schools which are ball state university, temple university, towson university and middle tennessee state university

I got admission from 2 schs, which are Towson and Middle Tennessee, one rejected I.e ball state University and have been for admission interview by temple University. The admission from the two schs is without funding

My questions go thus

1. How can I apply for campus job as I was not given scholarship and/or assistantship

2. Is there any other ways to fund graduate studies if scholarship and/or assistantship is not given.

3. What are the likely questions to be expected during admission interview

Please house, I really need your help on the above questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2022
macuwon:

Well if you really needed the EA, you will not leave anything behind. EA means EA and you should be ready to move if granted.
Keep checking for earlier date.

Best of luck

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.