Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639205 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 9:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

This is not necessary atall.Just apply for your EA straight with all your supporting documents and written note why you applying.

Ok thanks for your response!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osaludinho: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
Please help with your email address

There is a WhatsApp group for that.Send me a mail to add you up if you interested [/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hellennah: 10:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

There is a WhatsApp group for that.Send me a mail to add you up if you interested

I would like to join.
Sent an email already but I did not include my number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amojoawo: 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
I cancelled my Lagos appointment and EA request today so I can switch to Abuja. I was able to use the same MRV fee and still saw the Emergency appointment tab on the CGI portal after updating my profile with a new DS160. However, After submitting another EA request to Abuja, I noticed that the EA tab is now gone on the portal. Did anyone experience this?
It did show that my application is now under review after submitting but just wondering why the EA tab is now gone.
For those that switched to Abuja recently, did you also observe this?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kingcescy(m): 12:32am On Apr 25, 2022
Planner99:

I'm in a similar boat as you. They will most likely consider it but is it such a horrible thing to have a support system where you want to study?

Let them see your seriousness and real intention for pursuing the degree. Don't forget to put them in your DS160 when asked if you know anyone in the US especially if they are sponsoring your degree.

Personally I have gotten a B1/B2 visa approved a few years ago with this a similar scenario and now I'm applying for a student visa ��

Speak your truth and leave the rest to God. All the best to us.
yeah I put it on my ds160 and I’m not planning on telling lies. Like you said, I will say my truth and let God handle the rest
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kingcescy(m): 12:34am On Apr 25, 2022
Olutimz:

Regular appointments in Abuja right now is till March 2023
mine was February 2023. But tonight I rescheduled and saw 26 august 2022 so I picked it sharply
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreambigg: 12:45am On Apr 25, 2022
Please I need help with likely F2 Child (above 14 years) interview questions from the VO. Help me because I don't want my child to be caught unawares leading to sloppy response.

Please help, the interview is close!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 2:15am On Apr 25, 2022
Hi guys, please I need your inputs.

I have an I-20 for a university but I’m waiting for that of another university because it’s my most preferred uni. I have filled my DS160 form (not submitted) with the available I20 and have proceeded to fill the visa form. I intend changing the info on my ds160 after receiving the new I20 and before my interview date. My question is, do I need to change the info on the visa form as well? Can the info on the visa form be changed after submission?

Thanks in advance for your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 2:19am On Apr 25, 2022
I want to apply for an F2 visa for my baby (less than 5years). Do they conduct interviews for minors?

What is the procedure for getting an F2 visa for a minor after application?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbryan54: 3:02am On Apr 25, 2022
Please what is the easiest state to get an international passport in Nigeria? Abuja and Lagos are no go areas and I need one urgently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 3:16am On Apr 25, 2022
jbryan54:
Please what is the easiest state to get an international passport in Nigeria? Abuja and Lagos are no go areas and I need one urgently.

It must be in Abuja definitely. They have a center for super priority passport application. The fee could be as high as 90 thousand naira.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Garbia: 4:44am On Apr 25, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

There is a WhatsApp group for that.Send me a mail to add you up if you interested

Please I sent you a mail to add me up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 360great(m): 5:27am On Apr 25, 2022
Try ebonyi state
jbryan54:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aucun(m): 7:06am On Apr 25, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

Good morning.

Can you pls drop the link to the whatsapp group? ur number or ur fancy email?

I dont really understand NL pm these days.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Deemandy(m): 7:26am On Apr 25, 2022
Pathfinder Edu Consultancy for OAU transcript , +234 813 953 4187

I applied Oct 25th 2021,it got approved and sent out on December 23rd 2021, so I can recommend his services.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 8:29am On Apr 25, 2022
I was stucked at this stage

Couldn't link my MRV Payment
which means I can't schedule a date

How do I go about this anyone

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shehas(m): 9:41am On Apr 25, 2022
Please, can I select Lagos as pick up location(VI) to receive my passport after VISA approval while having the interview at Abuja embassy?
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:47am On Apr 25, 2022
[quote author=Sameerahhh post=112243033][/quote]

Hmmm this is long for a 2/3mins interview but anyways.
1. You don't need a Nursing degree to attend a medical school because Nursing students do not get to do all Medical School prerequisites so for you to now come and say you are going for Nursing because you are planning on attending a Med school doesn't add.
2. There's biology premed concentration. I'm stating all these so that you will get your facts right.
3. You really need to check teacher to Students ratio of HBCUs institution before you make a stand on flexibility and diversity o. It's important
4. No comment on the disorder but you really need to get your facts right. I'm really hoping it's not a lamba anyways.
5. To save stress, CC is a red flag. That institution was specifically made for some benefits. And I'm guessing that part of med school has a solid reason with financial backup.
6. Applying to a university with Biology pre-med would have made a whole lot of sense

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temahjeff1(m): 9:51am On Apr 25, 2022
Good morning guys, my school is requesting original copy of my translated documents sent to them directly from WES to their mail.
Pls do WES send copy of result directly to school email? Or how do i go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2022
Shehas:
Please, can I select Lagos as pick up location(VI) to receive my passport after VISA approval while having the interview at Abuja embassy?
Thank you

Yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horkami: 10:08am On Apr 25, 2022
Please i need advise....

Gained admission to resume in August but my passport is not ready...response is booklet is not available despite the fact that i paid for express. Please what can i do?

Also, i have a full sponsorship from my place of work...what document do i need to take for interview and what should i expect?

Please help a sister.

Thanks and God bless,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abraham001: 10:41am On Apr 25, 2022
Yes, if your school is affiliated with WES, then Wes can send soft copy to their mail including hard copy through courier
Temahjeff1:
Good morning guys, my school is requesting original copy of my translated documents sent to them directly from WES to their mail.
Pls do WES send copy of result directly to school email? Or how do I go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davichido(m): 10:45am On Apr 25, 2022
ny11:
I used this app to pay for SEVIS Fee. Quite fast https://apps.apple.com/ng/app/pay4me-app/id1543673271

Please how is this done. With your debit or dollar card?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 10:48am On Apr 25, 2022
horkami:
Please i need advise....

Gained admission to resume in August but my passport is not ready...response is booklet is not available despite the fact that i paid for express. Please what can i do?

Also, i have a full sponsorship from my place of work...what document do i need to take for interview and what should i expect?

Please help a sister.

Thanks and God bless,

Okay. Was international passport not requested when you were filling application?
Anyways, August is still 3 months away so anything can happen. Document: visa appointment, ds160 confirmation, visa receipt, int. Passport, i-20 all other supporting documents

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horkami: 10:55am On Apr 25, 2022
it wasnt requested during application.

Aside statement of account by my employer, what else should they provide?
UmmZayd:

Okay. Was international passport not requested when you were feeling application?
Anyways, August is still 3 months away so anything can happen. Document: visa appointment, ds160 confirmation, visa receipt, int. Passport, i-20 all other supporting documents

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2022
Good day UmmZayd, I'll like to ask you how I answer the question "how much does your sponsor earn?".
Now this sponsor is a business man and has numerous businesses, but we aren't particularly close, so I'm not privy to this information. I know you would ask me to ask him, but let's assume he wasn't comfortable telling me about his earnings.
UmmZayd:

Okay. Was international passport not requested when you were filling application?

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:22am On Apr 25, 2022
Good day, I've been reading transcripts, and I came across yours from last year. I would like you to ask you, for a program whose cost of attendance is 27k per year, what is the LEAST monthly income a sponsor is required to earn that might make the consul view him as a capable sponsor. Also, would a 30million naira account balance be just enough for a bank statement?
NigPatriot:

Thank you for sharing your transcript. I'm certain many lessons can be learnt from there.

Your case scenario, you were nervous. Did you undergo any mock interview before your interview date?.

Also, if you have another school with a lesser COA then you can switch when reapplying and back it up with a cogent reason. If you want to stick with stevens and You say you have the money to pay the fees without funding, but convincing the VO that you do, is something you have to go back to the drawing board to figure how?.

N.B: as someone singlehandedly pointed, you raised a claim that it's almost impossible to get visa without funding. It's ironic you also fall in that category, I can imagine how that thought process must have rigmaroled your mindset.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davichido(m): 11:27am On Apr 25, 2022
horkami:
Please i need advise....

Please help a sister.

Thanks and God bless,
You can get your passport within a week if you know someone at the immigration to pay some extra. If you don't, you may have to wait forever and you need your passport to fill most of the forms for your visa application. So my candid advice is go to there office and find out someone that would help you to expedite it and pay the extra. Good-luck

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adextems: 11:33am On Apr 25, 2022
Good morning everyone.

Please, I need your input on this.
My appointment is next month.
I was supposed to resume on the 4th of this month but I couldn’t secure an appointment date on time.
I requested for a new i-20 from the school for summer resumption since my programmes is open for it but I don’t know how soon the school will reply.
Do I proceed with the interview if the school doesn’t reply me before then and go with the old I-20? Please, what do you suggest I tell the VO or what do you think I should do?

Thank you as you reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 11:38am On Apr 25, 2022
illumined999333:
Good day, I've been reading transcripts, and I came across yours from last year. I would like you to ask you, for a program whose cost of attendance is 27k per year, what is the LEAST monthly income a sponsor is required to earn that might make the consul view him as a capable sponsor. Also, would a 30million naira account balance be just enough for a bank statement?

27k should be around 14-15 million using embassy conversion rate to naira. So 30 million naira should be fine.
As for the stipulated expected monthly income. There is no fixed amount for that. The aim is for you to be able to demonstrate that your sponsor is either into business or a paid salary and has a statement of account where there is sufficient and regular cash flow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 11:55am On Apr 25, 2022
adextems:
Good morning everyone.

Please, I need your input on this.
My appointment is next month.
I was supposed to resume on the 4th of this month but I couldn’t secure an appointment date on time.
I requested for a new i-20 from the school for summer resumption since my programmes is open for it but I don’t know how soon the school will reply.
Do I proceed with the interview if the school doesn’t reply me before then and go with the old I-20? Please, what do you suggest I tell the VO or what do you think I should do?

Thank you as you reply.

To be honest with you, once the VO sees your i20 and realizes that your expected date of resumption has passed and you have no letter from the school to attest that you are to resume for a post-date, that will be an easy denial from the VO. (Read up immigration rules).

Your best bet would be to follow up rigorously with your school to ensure they are swift in approving your new i20. So you don't waste effort and time just to get a denial at the end of the day.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.