Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,039 members, 7,810,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (915) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1639343 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyBI: 1:44pm On May 17, 2022
BunmiBie:

16 May, 2022
First attempt
F1& F2(wife and son)
Undergraduate: mechanical engineering
Work experience: 7 years as automobile engineer
Going for: masters in engineering
Funding-8500 (out of state Tuition waiver)
Deficit:44, 000k
Sponsor: Self
School: Texas tech university
Interview location: Abuja
Window 8

God used my baby for me as the guard gave nursing mothers chance to be interviewed first when he saw my wife breastfeeding him. So we were among the first set called in. I was the first to be interviewed by the white lady.
Please, go early and try to be interviewed first if possible. Our slot is 8:00am

After all the biometrics

VO: How old is your baby
Me: 14 months
VO: where do you work
Me: xyz auto garage ltd
VO: your company is at university of Ibadan? (she must have seen that on my ds160) I noticed she was checking my ds160 and I was actually very detailed when filling it. Please, fill your ds 160 form properly.

Me: Yes, in university of Ibadan
VO: nods head
VO: what are your job duties
Me: I am in charge of servicing of motor vehicle engines, ordering of vehicle parts from manufacturers and.... She cuts in

VO: what will this masters degree do for you
Me: (this was where I knew I goofed at first as everything I rehearsed flew away maybe because I was nervous). I will come back to Nigeria to establish my engineering consulting firm and take a better role at my place of work.
VO: Is it a thesis course
Me: No, it's a professional course for practicing engineers
VO: who will fund this deficit
Me: me, I already have savings that covers the two years from my real estate business. (she was still looking at my ds160 I guess. Because I added the real estate business under my job duties on the form). She cuts in but I can't remember what she said here.

She nodded and typed for long and like a magic... She kept our passports and gave us the almighty white paper. No document was checked even though I went with everything including my property documents.
F2 was not asked a single question after all the preparations.lol

Hint.. Avoid the Korean man at all cost. We were on the look out for him and
I prayed and I knew grace spoke for us.
Please if you believe in God fast and pray too, it worth it. Prepare like your life depends on it.
We took a step of faith by purchasing our travel bags before the interview day. I thank God for everything and everyone he used for us on this journey.

Thanks to
Moshkon, I was surprised to see him at our hotel to prep us. God bless you.
Thanks to Mahmoud, praise, Emillion..our mock sessions were great.
Thanks Mr Samuel, Mrs Deborah and every other persons that helped us
The appreciation is not complete without saying a big thank you to Nairaland USA student thread, we read chapter 15 & 16.
It was naija to Yankee thread that spurred this dream. Thanks to mackynaija

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 1:46pm On May 17, 2022
Good day everyone

My last sevis payment will expire in July, please can I use it to apply for visa interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by missuzoma: 2:27pm On May 17, 2022
E never reach to do general fasting and prayer for the notorious VO at Abuja?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Timexxy: 2:59pm On May 17, 2022
Anyone going to Bowie State University, Maryland? Let's connect please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 3:06pm On May 17, 2022
Please, this is confusing, I was denied a visa last year September and I don't know the option to go for. Please can someone assist

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brainner(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2022
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Phd Marine and Coastal Management
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
VO. Can I have your documents
After the biometrics
VO. Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me. Yes, I was in Kenya last Nov to attend a conference organised by the Commonwealth Association of Planners
VO. Are you married?
Me. Yes I'm married, got married Oct, 2015
VO. Do you have kids, how many?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. asked a question I didn't really get, but I heard wife and kids
Me. We have a plan that they will be visiting me at some point or I'll come home during the holidays to spend time with them.
VO. What do you do now?
Me. I'm lecturing in a State Polytechnic...
VO. Cuts in, what's your plan after the program?
Me. I'll be returning to my position as a lecturer, but I have an ambition of becoming a university professor, so I'll be applying to universities upon my return and I believe my knowledge and the degree will give me a headway
VO. Nodded, typed for a while, dropped my passport by the side and reached for the white paper, passed it to me with the I-20 then the instructions followed...make sure you have your I-20 with you at POE blah blah
Me. Thank you sir

I need to point out that grace flows all through for me. I'm using this period to show gratitude to these persons:
Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21
Your updates at some points were very handy and helpful to me, I can confirm this forum is the best.
I wish all prospective interviewees the best, in all of these pls don't forget the place of prayers.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ceedeon: 3:43pm On May 17, 2022
Raily:

Hi there.
I'm also going to ETSU this Fall.
I'm yet to get an appointment date as well.
Can we connect?

gideontriumph@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 3:56pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
After the biometrics
Me. Yes, I was in Kenya last Nov to attend a conference organised by the Commonwealth Association of Planners
VO. Are you married?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
Me. We have a plan that they will be visiting me at some point or I'll come home during the holidays to spend time with them.
VO. What do you do now?
Me. I'll be returning to my position as a lecturer, but I have an ambition of becoming a university professor, so I'll be applying to universities upon my return and I believe my knowledge and the degree will give me a headway
VO. Nodded, typed for a while, dropped my passport by the side and reached for the white paper, passed it to me with the I-20 then the instructions followed...make sure you have your I-20 with you at POE blah blah
Me. Thank you sir

I need to point out that grace flows all through for me. I'm using this period to show gratitude to these persons:
Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21
Your updates at some points were very handy and helpful to me, I can confirm this forum is the best.
I wish all prospective interviewees the best, in all of these pls don't forget the place of prayers.

CONGRATULATIONS G!!!!!!
Fly safe.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yommybrain: 4:00pm On May 17, 2022
Good Afternoon All,

Please, I have been experiencing a challenge accessing my CGI profile to schedule a visa appointment. Whenever I attempt to login, the system tells me “Failed login attempt. Make sure the username and password are correct.”

I have called the customer care agents severally. They said the issue has been escalated to the US Embassy, but no response till this moment. They explained to me that my profile was frozen on May 8, and was expected to be released after 72hrs. Unfortunately, I am still unable to access my profile.

What would you advise pls? Can I go ahead to create a new profile with a new email address and MVR?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by waaobwooob: 4:00pm On May 17, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by walepepe21: 4:01pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
After the biometrics
VO. Are you married?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. What do you do now?
Me. Thank you sir

Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21

Hearty Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Cheekykid: 4:19pm On May 17, 2022
Hi Everyone.
Please my I-20 was mailed to me yesterday and after going through it.I found out that the SEVIS ID on it is different from the one I used to pay my SEVIS fee last year June.Its still the Same University in the US anyways.Please will this pose a problem at the Consulate when I appear for my interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 4:30pm On May 17, 2022
Timexxy:
Anyone going to Bowie State University, Maryland? Let's connect please
Going to Maryland but not Bowie State University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 4:48pm On May 17, 2022
Fescoblack:
correct me if I am Wrong. If the first interview that led to denial wasn't pick through emergency, he can apply for Emergency inspite of the denial but if the first date was picked with emergency and get denied, one would have to wait for 6months before reapplying for emergency date

Yes that’s correct. As long as you haven’t used the emergency within the last 6 months

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Brainner(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2022
Thanks so much boss.
Pls I need this clarification, can I book one-way or MUST be a round trip?
Moshkom:

CONGRATULATIONS G!!!!!!
Fly safe.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 5:27pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Thanks so much boss.
Pls I need this clarification, can I book one-way or MUST be a round trip?

One way!

Return, if you need to get PTA from the bank.

Just stay with one way, unless you’re really sure of a/the particular date/time you would/might want come back.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:56pm On May 17, 2022
Cheekykid:
Hi Everyone.
Please my I-20 was mailed to me yesterday and after going through it.I found out that the SEVIS ID on it is different from the one I used to pay my SEVIS fee last year June.Its still the Same University in the US anyways.Please will this pose a problem at the Consulate when I appear for my interview?
Depends.
What date is your appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by elhadji19: 6:40pm On May 17, 2022
Ceedeon:
quote author=elhadji19 post=112905719]Hello, if anyone is coming to Nashville, Tennessee and its environment. I can pick the person/group of persons from the airport to their various destinations for free. Just trying to give back in my own little way. I wish other can do this too. Thanks

Yes please I am going to East Tennessee state university.

ETSU is not in Nashville, it is like 4 hrs 30 Minutes from Nashville. I dont think you would used Nashville airport but if you want to use Nashville airport, let me know
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2022
Samongo:
Good day everyone

My last sevis payment will expire in July, please can I use it to apply for visa interview?

Yes, you can use it if you happen to get an appointment date before the expiration date in July.

Samongo:
Please, this is confusing, I was denied a visa last year September and I don't know the option to go for. Please can someone assist

Go with the Regular option.
Cheekykid:
Hi Everyone.

You will have to transfer and activate your new SEVIS ID to your SEVIS fee payment portal assuming it has not expired. It is free of charge, so go to the www.fmjfee.com page to this. It should take about a day to get it transferred. That way, you can use your new SEVIS ID to do the DS160 and book a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 6:48pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
After the biometrics
VO. Are you married?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. What do you do now?
Me. Thank you sir

Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21
congratulations

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2022
Ceedeon:
quote author=elhadji19 post=112905719]Hello, if anyone is coming to Nashville, Tennessee and its environment. I can pick the person/group of persons from the airport to their various destinations for free. Just trying to give back in my own little way. I wish other can do this too. Thanks

Yes please I am going to East Tennessee state university.

ETSU is in Johnson's City. There are so many Nigerians there. You do not need to go to Nashville.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Princessemily: 6:52pm On May 17, 2022
BunmiBie:

16 May, 2022
First attempt
F1& F2(wife and son)
Window 8

God used my baby for me as the guard gave nursing mothers chance to be interviewed first when he saw my wife breastfeeding him. So we were among the first set called in. I was the first to be interviewed by the white lady.
Please, go early and try to be interviewed first if possible. Our slot is 8:00am

After all the biometrics

VO: your company is at university of Ibadan? (she must have seen that on my ds160) I noticed she was checking my ds160 and I was actually very detailed when filling it. Please, fill your ds 160 form properly.

Me: I am in charge of servicing of motor vehicle engines, ordering of vehicle parts from manufacturers and.... She cuts in

Me: (this was where I knew I goofed at first as everything I rehearsed flew away maybe because I was nervous). I will come back to Nigeria to establish my engineering consulting firm and take a better role at my place of work.
Me: me, I already have savings that covers the two years from my real estate business. (she was still looking at my ds160 I guess. Because I added the real estate business under my job duties on the form). She cuts in but I can't remember what she said here.

She nodded and typed for long and like a magic... She kept our passports and gave us the almighty white paper. No document was checked even though I went with everything including my property documents.

Please if you believe in God fast and pray too, it worth it. Prepare like your life depends on it.
We took a step of faith by purchasing our travel bags before the interview day. I thank God for everything and everyone he used for us on this journey.

Thanks to
The appreciation is not complete without saying a big thank you to Nairaland USA student thread, we read chapter 15 & 16.
congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 7:43pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
After the biometrics
VO. Are you married?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. What do you do now?
Me. Thank you sir

Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21
congratulations...safe trip

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by YUSUFF3: 7:54pm On May 17, 2022
Pls am a novice , which school give admission wi without IELTS ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hanat04: 8:03pm On May 17, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
After the biometrics
VO. Are you married?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. What do you do now?
Me. Thank you sir

Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21

Congratulations Sir

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by YUSUFF3: 8:10pm On May 17, 2022
EncephalonPikin:
Finally, we're at part 16!

Part 15 was as long as 2020 grin

To all visa/scholarship hopefuls, may you share your testimony in this thread. I've seen the power of resilience and grit firsthand and as the wind blows softly on this cold USA morning, I'm here to tell you that it will be worth it. Victor Hugo once said, “Nothing else in the world…not all the armies…is so powerful as an idea whose time has come.” Take the right steps, ask the vital questions, be optimistic, be pragmatic, be diligent and your time will come. I pray you will enter your season in this thread and as you do, may you go on to do great things!

In the words of one NL mama, May the Force be with you!

PS: Shoutout to Mummy Lagosismyhome for sowing a seed into my ministry, God bless you richly once again Ma'am.

Pls help me out , am a novice wish to study in Canada am just with OND in civil engineering pls which school can I apply for without ielts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 8:57pm On May 17, 2022
YUSUFF3:
Pls am a novice , which school give admission wi without IELTS ?
virtually, most schools since you are coming from the country where English is their language of instructor.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ormoretayour: 9:03pm On May 17, 2022
Congrats brother,
Please can I mail u personally, I have same profile as urs. Or if u can beep me I will appreciate 08029112716.thanks
[qquote author=BunmiBie post=112909299]Profile

16 May, 2022
First attempt
F1& F2(wife and son)
Window 8

After all the biometrics

Thanks to
It was naija to Yankee thread that spurred this dream. Thanks to mackynaija[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ormoretayour: 9:08pm On May 17, 2022
BunmiBie:

16 May, 2022
First attempt
F1& F2(wife and son)
Window 8

After all the biometrics

Thanks to

Congrats brother,
Please can I mail u personally, I have same profile as urs. Or if u can beep me I will appreciate 08029112716.thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeswift(m): 11:06pm On May 17, 2022
It reads ''Previously refused - Visa refused in the last 6 months''. I'll suggest you go with the second option as you've already stayed beyond 6months, so I believe you should be fine.

Samongo:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 11:36pm On May 17, 2022
Thank you
Schrodinger2:

Yes, you can use it if you happen to get an appointment date before the expiration date in July.

Go with the Regular option.

You will have to transfer and activate your new SEVIS ID to your SEVIS fee payment portal assuming it has not expired. It is free of charge, so go to the www.fmjfee.com page to this. It should take about a day to get it transferred. That way, you can use your new SEVIS ID to do the DS160 and book a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimauzor: 12:19am On May 18, 2022
I'm facing the same challenge , I was denied visa last year October
Samongo:

(1) (2) (3) ... (912) (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.