Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (916) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1641294 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chimauzor: 12:23am On May 18, 2022
Please someone should assist us, please
Samongo:
Please, this is confusing, I was denied a visa last year September and I don't know the option to go for. Please can someone assist
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluthedaddy: 12:25am On May 18, 2022
Hello house,
Is there anyone going to Lincoln University??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:51am On May 18, 2022
Quick One:

There is ZERO emotions in this USA path.
They’re ready to toy with your emotion, no matter who you are at any time of your USA application (visa or school).

Keep your emotions AWAY from this path.

Just move on and/or try again elsewhere (another country).

You’re NOT a failure because of a denial.

PS: Not trying to promote an act or musician, but if you ever feel like giving up, listen to Burna’s TAT album. You would be fine and later level up.

GOD NO GO SHAME US!!

- Moshkom.

15 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:55am On May 18, 2022
“Today, I experienced firsthand the beaming ecstasy and the deepest genuine display of happiness from successful applicants. I have never seen someone hug me so joyfully, genuinely, and passionately.
I saw flowing tears of joy
Omo America Visa na Vibe!

However, I also experienced firsthand the gloomy and depressing someone could get. The low spirit and miserable feeling of delayed applicants almost moved me to tears. Some hid it well and were courageous on the spot ( but I'm certain they may cry later) while others were totally broken and every word of encouragement was like salt to injury.

Mixed feelings everywhere just pray for grace.

*Please Avoid the ***** guy at all cost. I swear this *** guy's case is real in Abuja”

- Gbolahan (May 16, 2022)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaheedJay: 12:56am On May 18, 2022
Hello Bro Please I need your assistance regarding my application can i have your whatsapp number please.
Moshkom:
Quick One:

They’re ready to toy with your emotion, no matter who you are at any time of your USA application (visa or school).

PS: Not trying to promote an act or musician, but if you ever feel like giving up, listen to Burna’s TAT album. You would be fine and later level up.

GOD NO GO SHAME US!!

- Moshkom.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NewUSaspirant: 3:01am On May 18, 2022
Moshkom:

CONGRATULATIONS G!!!!!!
Fly safe.

Hi Moshcom, if you don’t mind I’d like to discuss my transcript with you, I know that’s selfish of me but kindly let me know when you’re free. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 3:18am On May 18, 2022
Lagos
Bachelor degree
Coa: $23,699
No funding: (haven’t been decided yet till May ending according to DSO of the school)
school: EIU
Vo : do your thumbprint
Vo : you are going for your bachelor degree right
Me : yes bachelor degree in political science
Vo : why this school
Me : I chose this school because it’s cheap and very affordable for my sponsor and she cut in
Vo : 49$ is not cheap!
Me: No ma my COA is just $23k+ ( but due to the SOA I send to get my i20 after they calculated the money with there rate is was equivalent to $49k so they input it like that so the family fund was $49k as indicated on my I20 I think that is why she said it’s not cheap) she check and quickly confirm and nodded.
Vo : who is spending a lot on you
Me : my brother he has been supporting me since when I want for my diploma course and he is ready and welling to support me
Vo : what does he do.
Me : he is a politician (I mute for a while immediately I wanted to say he Former deputy she cut in and ask
Vo : what will you do with the course
Me : I will come come to Nigeria to continue work at my place of work but in higher position. I can be transferred to state secretariat or federal and I will start my political ambition by joining political party.
Vo : type and type and type like 5min self and eventually she said you aren’t qualified for this and brought out the blue pepper.

Please guys at @moshkom and at every other gurus in this house just advise me pls and I will appreciate this is my 3 attempt and I am 25. Should I try again or I should just go back and complete my hnd and apply for masters or I should try once again ?
Secondly my sevis fee will expire on July eventually if I apply and get date lets say by August (aug 22 is my program start date ) hope I will still be able to use the sevis fee or I will have to pay for another sevis fee again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 4:02am On May 18, 2022
Brainner:
Abuja
Approved ✅
First Attempt
16/05/22
Phd Marine and Coastal Management
Texas A&M
COA- 41k
Funding- 53k
Window 10
White male
VO. Good morning
Me. Good morning sir
VO. Can I have your documents
After the biometrics
VO. Have you traveled out of the country before?
Me. Yes, I was in Kenya last Nov to attend a conference organised by the Commonwealth Association of Planners
VO. Are you married?
Me. Yes I'm married, got married Oct, 2015
VO. Do you have kids, how many?
Me. I have two kids
VO. typed for like a min
VO. asked a question I didn't really get, but I heard wife and kids
Me. We have a plan that they will be visiting me at some point or I'll come home during the holidays to spend time with them.
VO. What do you do now?
Me. I'm lecturing in a State Polytechnic...
VO. Cuts in, what's your plan after the program?
Me. I'll be returning to my position as a lecturer, but I have an ambition of becoming a university professor, so I'll be applying to universities upon my return and I believe my knowledge and the degree will give me a headway
VO. Nodded, typed for a while, dropped my passport by the side and reached for the white paper, passed it to me with the I-20 then the instructions followed...make sure you have your I-20 with you at POE blah blah
Me. Thank you sir

I need to point out that grace flows all through for me. I'm using this period to show gratitude to these persons:
Ebi1
walerush
Moshkom
Themaths
Captaintitan
walepepe21
Your updates at some points were very handy and helpful to me, I can confirm this forum is the best.
I wish all prospective interviewees the best, in all of these pls don't forget the place of prayers.

I'm glad we could help. Congratulations my man.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibekej: 5:08am On May 18, 2022
[b][/b]
Moshkom:
“Today, I experienced firsthand the beaming ecstasy and the deepest genuine display of happiness from successful applicants. I have never seen someone hug me so joyfully, genuinely, and passionately.
I saw flowing tears of joy
Omo America Visa na Vibe!

However, I also experienced firsthand the gloomy and depressing someone could get. The low spirit and miserable feeling of delayed applicants almost moved me to tears. Some hid it well and were courageous on the spot ( but I'm certain they may cry later) while others were totally broken and every word of encouragement was like salt to injury.

Mixed feelings everywhere just pray for grace.

*Please Avoid the ***** guy at all cost. I swear this *** guy's case is real in Abuja”

- Gbolahan (May 16, 2022)
Dear Moshkom, I was interviewed by this same vo in Abuja ( ****** guy). I would like to know if he can still interview me should our path still cross again in Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OmotoyosiTee: 5:13am On May 18, 2022
BunmiBie:
Congratulations

16 May, 2022
First attempt
F1& F2(wife and son)
Undergraduate: mechanical engineering
Work experience: 7 years as automobile engineer
Going for: masters in engineering
Funding-8500 (out of state Tuition waiver)
Deficit:44, 000k
Sponsor: Self
School: Texas tech university
Interview location: Abuja
Window 8

God used my baby for me as the guard gave nursing mothers chance to be interviewed first when he saw my wife breastfeeding him. So we were among the first set called in. I was the first to be interviewed by the white lady.
Please, go early and try to be interviewed first if possible. Our slot is 8:00am

After all the biometrics

VO: How old is your baby
Me: 14 months
VO: where do you work
Me: xyz auto garage ltd
VO: your company is at university of Ibadan? (she must have seen that on my ds160) I noticed she was checking my ds160 and I was actually very detailed when filling it. Please, fill your ds 160 form properly.

Me: Yes, in university of Ibadan
VO: nods head
VO: what are your job duties
Me: I am in charge of servicing of motor vehicle engines, ordering of vehicle parts from manufacturers and.... She cuts in

VO: what will this masters degree do for you
Me: (this was where I knew I goofed at first as everything I rehearsed flew away maybe because I was nervous). I will come back to Nigeria to establish my engineering consulting firm and take a better role at my place of work.
VO: Is it a thesis course
Me: No, it's a professional course for practicing engineers
VO: who will fund this deficit
Me: me, I already have savings that covers the two years from my real estate business. (she was still looking at my ds160 I guess. Because I added the real estate business under my job duties on the form). She cuts in but I can't remember what she said here.

She nodded and typed for long and like a magic... She kept our passports and gave us the almighty white paper. No document was checked even though I went with everything including my property documents.
F2 was not asked a single question after all the preparations.lol

Hint.. Avoid the Korean man at all cost. We were on the look out for him and
I prayed and I knew grace spoke for us.
Please if you believe in God fast and pray too, it worth it. Prepare like your life depends on it.
We took a step of faith by purchasing our travel bags before the interview day. I thank God for everything and everyone he used for us on this journey.

Thanks to
Moshkom, I was surprised to see him at our hotel to prep us. God bless you.
Thanks to Mahmoud, praise, Emillion..our mock sessions were great.
Thanks Mr Samuel, Mrs Deborah and every other persons that helped us
The appreciation is not complete without saying a big thank you to Nairaland USA student thread, we read chapter 15 & 16.
It was naija to Yankee thread that spurred this dream. Thanks to mackynaija
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 5:21am On May 18, 2022
Good morning, please in the process of getting a regular date through daily checking... how many time can someone who has not missed an appointment in the past reschedule to earlier date? Is there a link to it if one keeps rescheduling for an earlier date ? And hope it won’t affect the chance of Emergency Request by making it to disappear if one does the rescheduling more than two times.
Moshkom:
Quick One:

GOD NO GO SHAME US!!

- Moshkom.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Patricel: 5:33am On May 18, 2022
Please after canceling a later appointment date for b1b2 but now the same MRV payment being used for f1/F2 as linked by the embassy and appointment booked for May 2023 with program start date of 12th August 2022. Please how many time one can be rescheduling for earlier dates if available on the portal without affecting the change of Emergency request. As I just found an available date in November 2022. Is it advisable to select this date and still checking for an earlier date before I apply for emergency date
Walspring:

You need to just take chilled pie and wait till when you can make use of the emergency date option.

Or you keep checking using the rescheduling link to reschedule for early date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:51am On May 18, 2022
haywhy17:
I have an update on a reply here but before I do that. How are you guys that are already in the US having straight A in your courses?��. Because I don’t understand how I am expected to have 90+/100 in a course to get an A. What happened to 70 (A)��

This Semester I have a perfect GPA(4.0/4.0). Though it was challenging because I took programming courses and advanced level physics courses but what helped me is I was already preparing for the semester since the Yuletide(dec) break. I registered for crash courses online during the break and it was helpful. This summer I plan to do the same while also revitalizing with some sun in the Bahamas again & visiting the city of jazz with my hubby.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Festy8: 8:27am On May 18, 2022
Hello friends.

Which schools are still giving out graduate admissions for fall 22?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Artorius(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by damolah10(m): 9:37am On May 18, 2022
Hello Guys,

Please I need an active date search group for Abuja, Be it Whatsapp or Telegram. I am open.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 9:40am On May 18, 2022
Hi Moshkom, please do respond to my mail request. Thank you
Moshkom:
Quick One:

GOD NO GO SHAME US!!

- Moshkom.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:46am On May 18, 2022
shekhaz:
Hi Moshkom, please do respond to my mail request. Thank you

I should have. If not, kindly DM on the social media in my signature.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 10:05am On May 18, 2022
YUSUFF3:

Pls help me out , am a novice wish to study in Canada am just with OND in civil engineering pls which school can I apply for without ielts
most schs in Canada dont request for ielts since you are coming from English speaking country and based on your educational background, I would suggest that you go for college....you can check out for Seneca college
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by shekhaz(f): 10:18am On May 18, 2022
I will do that, thanks
Moshkom:

I should have. If not, kindly DM on the social media in my signature.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kpukpuyenke: 10:31am On May 18, 2022
UmmZayd:

Looks like you can't use the EA option again. Sorry about that.
So here's the thing, you have to keep checking for earlier dates. You can join the WhatsApp groups that others are or Keep a timely check by yourself. Hopefully you get an early date before end of month

Please how can I join the WhatsApp group?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 11:01am On May 18, 2022
kpukpuyenke:

Please how can I join the WhatsApp group?

Date available in June-July now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 11:01am On May 18, 2022
Abuja date is available now,June July 2022.Pick urs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damboy96(m): 11:20am On May 18, 2022
Please can someone add me to a Lagos group?

08097312670. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by demiladewills: 11:25am On May 18, 2022
please I have a question.
So the school I applied to in the US doesn't require GRE, but people around me have been saying i should still write it because they will ask for it in the embassy, so please do they really ask for test scores during the interview?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehimare55: 11:33am On May 18, 2022
Please add me also, here's my number 08135735975
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 11:42am On May 18, 2022
demiladewills:
please I have a question.
So the school I applied to in the US doesn't require GRE, but people around me have been saying i should still write it because they will ask for it in the embassy, so please do they really ask for test scores during the interview?

If the school doesn’t require it you don’t need to write it. If they ask for it, tell them it was not a requirement from the school. That’s all.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukwudi718(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2022
Hello Everyone!

Please is it possible to reschedule my interview appointment more than 2 times?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 12:09pm On May 18, 2022
Please does anyone have an idea how long it takes to get your passport back after J1 visa approval.
Please I need help with the timeline
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 12:16pm On May 18, 2022
itoski:

Date available in June-July now
I just checked the date now is still showing February, March and April 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (913) (914) (915) (916) (917) (918) (919) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.