Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,860 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1645452 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Belluvia: 1:19am On May 20, 2022
Babnxst93:
please i would like to know if one can choose VISA date even without paying the sevis fee

@Moshkom, pls i have been trying to reach you. Can I reach you via WhatsApp pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Belluvia: 1:31am On May 20, 2022
Moshkom:

Oh! Sorry for the denial bro.

I won’t lie, You failed in preparation. I doubt you did proper mock(s) before the interview.

You really have to act up towards your next application.

Maybe;

- Change school to one with low Cost of Attendance.
Check out TRUMAN STATE UNI, they automatically gives 10k to international students and their COA is ‘just’ 28k. Minus the 10k, your sponsor would now have ‘just’ 18k to cover has deficit

- Do proper prep talks, mock and know-how before you next visa interview, with someone that is more knowledgeable in this field.

- Your Parent should be your best sponsor in the Undergraduate path. If they can’t in this ‘primary level’ of yours, then try to convince the VO why your uncle is taking their position.

PS: In MOSHKOM’s words “Dem no dey rush go embassy oh”.
Because this one you are already calculating your SEVIS payment expiring date against your next possible interview date ehn, calm down oh.

- Don’t forget NOT to apply to COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
- Don’t forget to apply at the right age range.

Good luck Young Champ!!!

Pls @moshkom I sent you a mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teensmentor: 1:52am On May 20, 2022
Thanks. The visa has been issued.

UmmZayd:

Congratulations and you're already worried. Since it was approved, don't be worried

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teensmentor: 2:00am On May 20, 2022
Hello,

I have similar experience as you.
MY spouse has been in the US on f1 visa before I applied for graduate school. My interview was this week and my visa has been issued.

You don't have to lie about anything. Just state it as it is.

I was asked "are you married "? I said yes. Then the next question was so what happens to family when you are away. I told the VO that my spouse is currently in the US on f1 visa and I have no kids yet.

If every other thing is good, then this shouldn't be an issue.

To answer your question about statement, there isa high probability that the VO wouldn't even look at your statement, however, printing the extra 2 months statement or requesting it wouldn't hurt. You want to make sure every t is crossed from your end and you have nothing to worry about.

mobbwc:
Good day House,

1. Does it make sense or work to attend the interview in May 2022 with a SOA that was gotten/printed in March 2022?

2. anyone has/or have heard of an f1 applicant who has/had a spouse on f1 already located in the US at the time of their interview? Will like to know the complexities and things to lookout for.

Please advise.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afeez6: 2:02am On May 20, 2022
Myfavour22:
May and June dates available for Abuja atm
09023006108 please can you add me to Abuja WhatsApp date group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oldienavie: 2:05am On May 20, 2022
tolajohn12:
Good Morning All, I have been denied US visa like 3 times now. Infact i have given up on it right now and maybe try other countries that i can go for my masters. I just want to share my transcript so that people can learn from my experience.

First intervew
Abuja Nov 9 2021

Course: Management Information Systems ( conditional Admission so a bachelor's degree I-20 was issued because of one prerequisite management course that i needed to do).

School: UIS: COA: 35k

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No, this will be my first time
VO: What is your highest level of qualification?
Me: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering
VO: Why are you going for a second degree?
Me: It is a conditional admission. i'm actually going for a master degree( I was jittery in this part because the question caught me unaware). I'm required to write a course before i can get full admission
VO: Okay Okay
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm single
VO: who is going to be your sponsor?
Me: My Father:
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate ( Again i was stuttering through this part)
VO: Farming?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: No
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for visa , brought the Blue paper.

for the first timers. Make sure you prepare very very well and make sure you are always truthful in your DS 160. I actually have close relatives in the USA.I don't really communicate with them often. I listened to people advise and decided not to include them in my DS-160. It is better to just include it. Please avoid any conditional admission. I actually got admitted in 4 schools but UIS admission decision came very early. You must try as much as possible to nail your first interview

Second Interview:

December 1st
Lagos: Surge Dates things

School: Bowie State University COA 23k

Course: Management Information System ( Unconditional Admission)

VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going to the US to pursue masters degree in Management information system at bowie state university Maryland.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools ( I mentioned the schools)
VO: How many gave you admission?
Me: All the 3
VO: Who is your sponsor:
Me: My Father. He is a businessman with Investment in agriculture and real estate. He has landed properties in Lagos, Ekiti, Port harcourt, Oyo and Ogun state.

The VO is actually a nice woman, She approved visa for lot of students that day. I guess my first interview really messed me up. The moment the woman asked you to talk to her like a friend. Just be sure that she is ready to approve your visa but you must convince her. She wanted to approve a guy visa that day but the guy couldn't convince her about his sponsor. The guy said his mother does Ajo ( Cooperative Contribution)

3rd Interview

May 12 Abuja (In my mind i was like if this one no work. na to say bye bye to USA. I no fit kill myself because of the stressed that i passed through that day. I had to travel across four states before i get to lagos and fly to Abuja)

Nothing changed in terms of schools and course. I just defered my admissions. I applied to MTSU but got denied. I got promoted at work and also had a change of Job role.

Before i got interviewed, One woman got denied. The woman almost scattered embassy that day ooo. She was just shouting that they must tell her the reason she was denied and she won't leave until someone explained to her. She said she has travelled to US more than 25 times and all her kids are citizens. They called like 6 security personnels for the woman but she no gree at all. It was until one nice american woman came to talk to her. That was when she decided to leave. Anyway. It was the same Visa Officer that denied the woman that also interviewed me. grin

Me: I'm going to the US to pursue masters degree in Management information system at bowie state university Maryland.
VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I chose the school because it is affordable and because of my research plans which is based on restructuring the power industry in nigeria using information technology. I will be working with professor Azene zenebe whose research focus are based on information systems security, crime in electronic business solution and business intelligence and data mining. This will help me to achieve my aim of revamping the power industry in Nigeria. I'm currently working in the power industry and i know the problems we are facing ( VO cuts in)
VO: You started working there one months ago?
Me: No Sir. I actually got promoted and also had a change of Job role. I have been working there for 4 years I was formerly ....... now I'm ..........
VO: Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't see that
Me: So i continue with my explanation on why i chose the schools. I can't remember what i said but the VO was just nodding his head
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My dad. He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate. He started a feedmill factory about 15 years ago when he retired from Nigeria Customs Service. He has about 3 properties in Oyo State, He is living in one of the properties while the other two are being managed by me and twin brother. His properties in lagos is managed by my elder sister. He was typing when i was saying these.
VO: He just brought out that dreaded blue paper and gave it to me. Infact USA consulate don dey make me hate anything blue. Blue used to be my favorite color but not anymore. The color don break my heart too much. I wasn't really heart broken compare to the first time because i sacrificed a lot of things that first time. I did everything possible to get the visa. I wrote GRE, Duolingo and also did wes. I applied to several schools but I believed my time has not come yet. So i will take a break from anything USA for now and focus on my career. Thanks everyone. God bless you
Bros, I am sorry you had such a bad experience, one thing I noticed is that you talked too much .
And it seems your responses sound like a script, I think its because you were under pressure.
But when Oyinbo see you under pressure, they will think its cos you are lying not knowing that the embassy itself can give someone hbp.
Like some people have said, what you need is to look for funding, if you can get funding I am sure they will give you visa.
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afeez6: 2:14am On May 20, 2022
Ebi1:
immediately if paid via western union in the US...
Please my brother try to pay the sevis fee for me in the us but they said the company name is not coming up that he need to provide 4 digit code, please how can I go about that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:32am On May 20, 2022
Femotech123:

1. Okay. I should haven’t mentioned that first. Learn my mistakes.
2. It’s Lagos embassy I try to reschedule it’s 2024 i am seeing, no EA again expect i switch to Abj.
3. My first and second was same school same course
But third one is another school and another course.
Thanks for your opinion and time. Looking forward to your response about this also

Okay. I will advise you wait for funding decision and defer your admiutill next session. If you can get funding then the story will change. And don't forget to schedule mock sessions before going again.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 2:35am On May 20, 2022
Afeez6:

Please my brother try to pay the sevis fee for me in the us but they said the company name is not coming up that he need to provide 4 digit code, please how can I go about that?
Which company's name bayii
Your brother should follow the instructions on the coupon. There's a Western Union stand at Walgreens store and Walmart. Even ShopRite has
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avivian030: 2:46am On May 20, 2022
JesusIsAMuslim:
Hello everyone!

To Mpower loan beneficiaries, please I have a question. I got good news message from Mpower saying my support letter is available, but I'm yet to receive that. I have so far submitted my financial statement and financial forms to the school waiting for my I-20, but my school keeps rejecting the financial statement. When I carefully read, I realized that I will need the support letter to get the I-20. How long do you think it takes Mpower to issue the support letter? They keep asking me if I have my I-20 already but they have not done everything on their part. Should I be worried or it takes a little bit to receive the support letter? I think it carries the amount I will be supported with right? Please do help answer this if you have any experience with them. Thank you.

Hi , I would advise you give them a call, (*not an email) tell them you have a close deadline(if you do). This should work.

Wish you the best!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JesusIsAMuslim: 4:50am On May 20, 2022
Avivian030:

Hi , I would advise you give them a call, (*not an email) tell them you have a close deadline(if you do). This should work.

Wish you the best!

I got the letter. Thank you very much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Merisco: 5:15am On May 20, 2022
You can apply to study with scholarship in US without an agent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlekXRWwEiM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tolajohn12: 8:27am On May 20, 2022
krcboy:
this is a tough one , but to my knowledge when the first VO denied you and the second VO denied it was easier for the third vo to deny you( when the vo looks at you visa records and see the little side notes scribbled down by his or her previous colleagues) and maybe you fail to share something very convincing enough to the VO this time around i.e you ds160 not tallying with what you are saying , then maybe you gotta go with a diff strategy and approach, maybe next time highlight your positives if you have funding thats a good highlight of your case , all in all just figure out what your positive highlights are and put it forward and go with the flow. goodluck. (the more the denials, the harder it becomes to get approved. mayb book a consultation with "argo visa" and peharps they can help you figure why you were denied previously) dont give up
Thanks. I really appreciate your advice. I would consider the consultation with argo visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tolajohn12: 8:29am On May 20, 2022
oldienavie:

Bros, I am sorry you had such a bad experience, one thing I noticed is that you talked too much .
And it seems your responses sound like a script, I think its because you were under pressure.
But when Oyinbo see you under pressure, they will think its cos you are lying not knowing that the embassy itself can give someone hbp.
Like some people have said, what you need is to look for funding, if you can get funding I am sure they will give you visa.
Goodluck.
In the 3rd interview. I didn't follow my script at all. It just came naturally. The problem is funding. Do you have any suggestion on that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tolajohn12: 8:31am On May 20, 2022
Maxidooo1990:

Be strong brother. I love your courage. God will do it at his own time. Just believe. Be strong!!!
Amen. Thanks Bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opamilerinayo: 8:41am On May 20, 2022
Please share your transcript. Many thanks.

Teensmentor:
Hello,

I have similar experience as you.
MY spouse has been in the US on f1 visa before I applied for graduate school. My interview was this week and my visa has been issued.

You don't have to lie about anything. Just state it as it is.

I was asked "are you married "? I said yes. Then the next question was so what happens to family when you are away. I told the VO that my spouse is currently in the US on f1 visa and I have no kids yet.

If every other thing is good, then this shouldn't be an issue.

To answer your question about statement, there isa high probability that the VO wouldn't even look at your statement, however, printing the extra 2 months statement or requesting it wouldn't hurt. You want to make sure every t is crossed from your end and you have nothing to worry about.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 9:05am On May 20, 2022
UmmZayd:

Send me an email
I have sent a mail to you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chris4guns: 9:40am On May 20, 2022
Chynwem:
I have sent a mail to you.
ol: Western Colorado University
Funding: Fellowship + on campus Job ( $26,000)
Deficits: $11,000
COA: $37k
Abuja
Sponsor: Mom ($21k on I-20)
Interview by the popular *****VO
This was my transcript
Before I could even put my documents on the slab oga don ask the travel question
VO: have you travel out of the country before
Me: no, I haven't had opportunity to (oga cut me)
Me: before we go on sir, I would like to say the SEVIS code for my program is written as environmental studies on the I-20.
From now he stop looking at the system and focused on me and my I-20. Me too focused on him. He left the system and was looking at my I-20 form to ask me questions
V.O: okay, I see you are going to Western Colorado University, what program, I said environmental management
Why environmental management.
This degree will equipped me with the right skills set and give me practical learning experience in the area of intensive forest management and precision forestry, which will help me to mitigate the high rate of forest degradation in Nigeria ( I added something here shall but can't remember)
What are your plan after study. I plan to come back to Nigeria to take up a higher role as a principal forest Officer, in my current place of work, I work with the ***** state government, forestry department.
I also want to have my own environmental consultant firm where I want to partner with state, and private, international organization such as FRIN, UNEPA on best management practices ( can't remember what I said again)
V.O: I see your mom is sponsoring you.
What does she do
She has a cocoa plantation of over 50 acres where she sell cocoa bean seed to Cocoa need company in Oyo and Ondo state. She has 5 landed properties where she give for house rental purposes.
NB: I was very fast saying it oo. I didn't stammer. It was typewriter talking.
No documents ask for.
Advise: the questions comes very fast, but answer it at your paste
While some will say don't profile any VO, please don't meet with him especially if you haven't travel out before. I never knew he was the one until after the interview.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:43am On May 20, 2022
Hello,Lagos and Abuja dates are open now.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 9:43am On May 20, 2022
Lagos dates are available o

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:44am On May 20, 2022
Lagos dates available starting from may,Abuja also,pick yours now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cuttingedge: 10:00am On May 20, 2022
My wife and I were offered fully funded PhDs in the the same school and my wife has our 18 month old son as dependent on her application. Now we have our interview slated for next month with about a week interval. How do we establish home ties without harming our chances?
How do I establish home ties after my wife and son are issued visas knowing fully well that the VO might likely ask of I'm married or not?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:19am On May 20, 2022
tolajohn12:
Good Morning All, I have been denied US visa like 3 times now. Infact i have given up on it right now and maybe try other countries that i can go for my masters. I just want to share my transcript so that people can learn from my experience.

First intervew
Abuja Nov 9 2021

Course: Management Information Systems ( conditional Admission so a bachelor's degree I-20 was issued because of one prerequisite management course that i needed to do).

School: UIS: COA: 35k

VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No, this will be my first time
VO: What is your highest level of qualification?
Me: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering
VO: Why are you going for a second degree?
Me: It is a conditional admission. i'm actually going for a master degree( I was jittery in this part because the question caught me unaware). I'm required to write a course before i can get full admission
VO: Okay Okay
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm single
VO: who is going to be your sponsor?
Me: My Father:
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate ( Again i was stuttering through this part)
VO: Farming?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: No
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for visa , brought the Blue paper.

for the first timers. Make sure you prepare very very well and make sure you are always truthful in your DS 160. I actually have close relatives in the USA.I don't really communicate with them often. I listened to people advise and decided not to include them in my DS-160. It is better to just include it. Please avoid any conditional admission. I actually got admitted in 4 schools but UIS admission decision came very early. You must try as much as possible to nail your first interview

Second Interview:

December 1st
Lagos: Surge Dates things

School: Bowie State University COA 23k

Course: Management Information System ( Unconditional Admission)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools ( I mentioned the schools)
VO: How many gave you admission?
Me: All the 3
VO: Who is your sponsor:
Me: My Father. He is a businessman with Investment in agriculture and real estate. He has landed properties in Lagos, Ekiti, Port harcourt, Oyo and Ogun state.

The VO is actually a nice woman, She approved visa for lot of students that day. I guess my first interview really messed me up. The moment the woman asked you to talk to her like a friend. Just be sure that she is ready to approve your visa but you must convince her. She wanted to approve a guy visa that day but the guy couldn't convince her about his sponsor. The guy said his mother does Ajo ( Cooperative Contribution)

3rd Interview

May 12 Abuja (In my mind i was like if this one no work. na to say bye bye to USA. I no fit kill myself because of the stressed that i passed through that day. I had to travel across four states before i get to lagos and fly to Abuja)

Nothing changed in terms of schools and course. I just defered my admissions. I applied to MTSU but got denied. I got promoted at work and also had a change of Job role.

Before i got interviewed, One woman got denied. The woman almost scattered embassy that day ooo. She was just shouting that they must tell her the reason she was denied and she won't leave until someone explained to her. She said she has travelled to US more than 25 times and all her kids are citizens. They called like 6 security personnels for the woman but she no gree at all. It was until one nice american woman came to talk to her. That was when she decided to leave. Anyway. It was the same Visa Officer that denied the woman that also interviewed me. grin

VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I chose the school because it is affordable and because of my research plans which is based on restructuring the power industry in nigeria using information technology. I will be working with professor Azene zenebe whose research focus are based on information systems security, crime in electronic business solution and business intelligence and data mining. This will help me to achieve my aim of revamping the power industry in Nigeria. I'm currently working in the power industry and i know the problems we are facing ( VO cuts in)
VO: You started working there one months ago?
Me: No Sir. I actually got promoted and also had a change of Job role. I have been working there for 4 years I was formerly ....... now I'm ..........
VO: Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't see that
Me: So i continue with my explanation on why i chose the schools. I can't remember what i said but the VO was just nodding his head
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My dad. He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate. He started a feedmill factory about 15 years ago when he retired from Nigeria Customs Service. He has about 3 properties in Oyo State, He is living in one of the properties while the other two are being managed by me and twin brother. His properties in lagos is managed by my elder sister. He was typing when i was saying these.
VO: He just brought out that dreaded blue paper and gave it to me. Infact USA consulate don dey make me hate anything blue. Blue used to be my favorite color but not anymore. The color don break my heart too much. I wasn't really heart broken compare to the first time because i sacrificed a lot of things that first time. I did everything possible to get the visa. I wrote GRE, Duolingo and also did wes. I applied to several schools but I believed my time has not come yet. So i will take a break from anything USA for now and focus on my career. Thanks everyone. God bless you

Chai,even though you have denied 3times, please dont give up.Someone got his at 9th attempts.May God perfect all that concerns you. May his Grace be sufficient for you.

Thank you for bringing out time for this detailed transcript. You will get your visa on your next,Amen.Just believe.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:38am On May 20, 2022
Teensmentor:
Thanks. The visa has been issued.

Did you post your transcript here?.I wish to read through
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:40am On May 20, 2022
Hello Ummzayd, I just picked may 24 lagos date; that's tuesday. If I pay my sevis fee today, would it be confirmed before Tuesday? If so, how do I go about paying.
UmmZayd:

Which company's name bayii
Your brother should follow the instructions on the coupon. There's a Western Union stand at Walgreens store and Walmart. Even ShopRite has
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:47am On May 20, 2022
illumined999333:
Hello Ummzayd, I just picked may 24 lagos date; that's tuesday. If I pay my sevis fee today, would it be confirmed before Tuesday? If so, how do I go about paying.
Sevis fee payments via western union reflects within 24hrs most times.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:48am On May 20, 2022
Any western union branch on Nigeria?
beejhay69:
Sevis fee payments via western union reflects within 24hrs most times.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 10:48am On May 20, 2022
illumined999333:
Paid only in the US.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aodiba(m): 10:49am On May 20, 2022
Read one page back. Someone was in the same situation and got her visa. You don't have an issue. Fully funded PhDs have a better chance at approval.

cuttingedge:
My wife and I were offered fully funded PhDs in the the same school and my wife has our 18 month old son as dependent on her application. Now we have our interview slated for next month with about a week interval. How do we establish home ties without harming our chances?
How do I establish home ties after my wife and son are issued visas knowing fully well that the VO might likely ask of I'm married or not?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 10:51am On May 20, 2022
tolajohn12:
In the 3rd interview. I didn't follow my script at all. It just came naturally. The problem is funding. Do you have any suggestion on that?

Ask Bigsecret or anyother person here to help you with schools you can apply to with your qualifications that will give you funding ok.With Funding ,you are good to go.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 11:00am On May 20, 2022
illumined999333:

Kindly Dm Walspring,Moshkom or fairheart to help you pay as soon as possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (919) (920) (921) (922) (923) (924) (925) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Chemist4life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.