Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648824 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2022
cuttingedge:

Boss Moshkom please hope this change will not affect the interview Date I already secured?

Not at all.

Just make sure you UPDATE the new confirmation number on/in your cgi portal, so that both aligns.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cuttingedge: 9:48pm On May 18, 2022
Moshkom:

Not at all.

Just make sure you UPDATE the new confirmation number on/in your cgi portal, so that both aligns.

Thank you Boss and thanks for the speedy response...may the good Lord bless you for all you do on this platform.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teensmentor: 11:27pm On May 18, 2022
Good evening Guys,

I am new to Nairaland and this is my first post here.

So I did my Visa interview today and was told it's been approved. However, I tried to track the status of my visa out of curiosity on https://ceac.state.gov/ and it says "Administrative Processing". I have googled what it means and it seems to be that it's for people who need additional screening and they are usually told during the interview? Sometimes the wait time can be weeks r even months?

I was told mine was approved so I am wondering if this is a normal status for everyone immediately after the interview.

I also tracked using https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ and was told my passport is still with the US consulate.

Now my question is, Is the administrative process status normal for everyone immediately after the interview or should I be worried?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 12:09am On May 19, 2022
Moshkom:

Oh! Sorry for the denial bro.

I won’t lie, You failed in preparation. I doubt you did proper mock(s) before the interview.

You really have to act up towards your next application.

Maybe;

- Change school to one with low Cost of Attendance.
Check out TRUMAN STATE UNI, they automatically gives 10k to international students and their COA is ‘just’ 28k. Minus the 10k, your sponsor would now have ‘just’ 18k to cover has deficit

- Do proper prep talks, mock and know-how before you next visa interview, with someone that is more knowledgeable in this field.

- Your Parent should be your best sponsor in the Undergraduate path. If they can’t in this ‘primary level’ of yours, then try to convince the VO why your uncle is taking their position.

PS: In MOSHKOM’s words “Dem no dey rush go embassy oh”.
Because this one you are already calculating your SEVIS payment expiring date against your next possible interview date ehn, calm down oh.

- Don’t forget NOT to apply to COMMUNITY COLLEGE.
- Don’t forget to apply at the right age range.

Good luck Young Champ!!!

Okay sir thank you so much. I’m not rushing just asking about the sevis only.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 12:10am On May 19, 2022
Please I have a question to ask about F2 visa interview.
I am currently in the US with F1, I just gave birth and my husband is about to go for his F2 visa interview, is it appropriate for him to tell the VO that he wants to come help me out for few months in taking care of baby while I go to school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 12:13am On May 19, 2022
Shannon70:

You are are 25 going for a bachelor's degree. Strike one.
You got into an argument with the Consular Officer about whether it was inexpensive or not. Strike two.
Your brother who is in politics is funding you, so where is his money coming from? The assumption is corruption. Strike three.
Thanks for your opinion but his money is legit, apart he is a politician he has his own personal business that is running. So the money is not from politics.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 12:32am On May 19, 2022
hi i'm back here lol so i'm in the same boat... approved on the 10th... here's what I found on quora....

Anonymous
Answered Oct 24, 2020
Related
Student (F1) visa approved by Visa Officer but on the CEAC website it is showing that my visa is in Administrative Processing. What should I do?
Let me explain my case,

Classes start date in US university: 10th January

15th October: Visa Interview with the Consular

16 to 20th October: Visa status in the CEAC website shows ‘Administrative Processing’

21 October: Visa status in the CEAC website shows ‘Issued’

23 October: Received the Visa at home through premium delivery.

Hope the answer may be of some help.
Teensmentor:
Good evening Guys,

I am new to Nairaland and this is my first post here.

So I did my Visa interview today and was told it's been approved. However, I tried to track the status of my visa out of curiosity on https://ceac.state.gov/ and it says "Administrative Processing". I have googled what it means and it seems to be that it's for people who need additional screening and they are usually told during the interview? Sometimes the wait time can be weeks r even months?

I was told mine was approved so I am wondering if this is a normal status for everyone immediately after the interview.

I also tracked using https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ and was told my passport is still with the US consulate.

Now my question is, Is the administrative process status normal for everyone immediately after the interview or should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:55am On May 19, 2022
Bigsecret:
I disagree sir/ma

I have had a lot of people come here without exams (me inclusive). Everything with the embassy is how well you can defend yourself.

I even had someone come in for PhD chemistry without any exam.

Besides there is Covid, which is why most schools are not requesting for exams anymore. So?

PhD is different from BA. I have worked the other side of the window. What can I say.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:57am On May 19, 2022
Femotech123:
Thanks for your opinion but his money is legit, apart he is a politician he has his own personal business that is running. So the money is not from politics.

Truth v perception.

I have worked the other side of the window. simply offering my insight.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by meracool(m): 3:20am On May 19, 2022
Walspring:

I just replied and sorry for late response

Check your PM Sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 3:34am On May 19, 2022
Chynwem:
Please I have a question to ask about F2 visa interview.
I am currently in the US with F1, I just gave birth and my husband is about to go for his F2 visa interview, is it appropriate for him to tell the VO that he wants to come help me out for few months in taking care of baby while I go to school?
Please someone should answer me naaahhhh
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 3:47am On May 19, 2022
Ebi1:
hi i'm back here lol so i'm in the same boat... approved on the 10th... here's what I found on quora....

Anonymous
Answered Oct 24, 2020
Related
Student (F1) visa approved by Visa Officer but on the CEAC website it is showing that my visa is in Administrative Processing. What should I do?
Let me explain my case,

Classes start date in US university: 10th January

15th October: Visa Interview with the Consular

16 to 20th October: Visa status in the CEAC website shows ‘Administrative Processing’

21 October: Visa status in the CEAC website shows ‘Issued’

23 October: Received the Visa at home through premium delivery.

Hope the answer may be of some help.
Since 10th? How long did the consular tell you that the passport will be ready for collection during the interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 3:51am On May 19, 2022
Femotech123:

And why can't you state the personal business and back it up with him being a politician? You left the strong point to clamp on the auxiliary.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Johnsonnnn: 3:52am On May 19, 2022
Please I need a legit recommendation on here for payment of sevis fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ItzBenita(f): 5:31am On May 19, 2022
ItzBenita:
Hello gurus in the house kindly assist me with this. I got admission to a us school and I am expected to resume in August 19th. I applied for an Emergency appointment as a near date was not forthcoming now. My EA was denied. I want to ask is it possible to apply for another EA date within the 60days of resuming?

Please ohh can anyone help with my question. Can I still request for an emergency date within my 60 days to resuming after being denied once
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ItzBenita(f): 5:33am On May 19, 2022
Please can someone add me to the Abuja visa WhatsApp group 07069201685
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emablaq: 5:40am On May 19, 2022
ItzBenita:
Please can someone add me to the Abuja visa WhatsApp group 07069201685

I think EA is given only once. I am also in your shoes. My school resumes 12th August and I applied for EA without getting info from Nairaland atleast. So now, I am regularly checking cgifederal site for earlier dates.

But I have an understanding which may be wrong that paying another mrv visa fee and starting the application afresh might open up another EA. I am gonna explore this once it's within 60 days to my start date.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emablaq: 5:50am On May 19, 2022
emablaq:

I think EA is given only once. I am also in your shoes. My school resumes 12th August and I applied for EA without getting info from Nairaland atleast. So now, I am regularly checking cgifederal site for earlier dates.

But I have an understanding which may be wrong that paying another mrv visa fee and starting the application afresh might open up another EA. I am gonna explore this once it's within 60 days to my start date.
[color=#006600][/color]

I would like to be added to Abuja visa whatsapp group - +2349032285860
Thanks a lot.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ikeolafarm: 6:48am On May 19, 2022
Please which area is closer to Lagos consulate and with cheap hotels that one can lodge?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Quonchovsymenez: 7:03am On May 19, 2022
Guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:17am On May 19, 2022
meracool:

Check your PM Sir

I got it and I have replied you back.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Walspring: 7:18am On May 19, 2022
Johnsonnnn:
Please I need a legit recommendation on here for payment of sevis fee

I have replied your pm, I could be of help for you sevis fee as well
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tolajohn12: 7:23am On May 19, 2022
Good Morning All, I have been denied US visa like 3 times now. Infact i have given up on it right now and maybe try other countries that i can go for my masters. I just want to share my transcript so that people can learn from my experience.

First intervew
Abuja Nov 9 2021

Course: Management Information Systems ( conditional Admission so a bachelor's degree I-20 was issued because of one prerequisite management course that i needed to do).

School: UIS: COA: 35k

VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning
VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No, this will be my first time
VO: What is your highest level of qualification?
Me: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering
VO: Why are you going for a second degree?
Me: It is a conditional admission. i'm actually going for a master degree( I was jittery in this part because the question caught me unaware). I'm required to write a course before i can get full admission
VO: Okay Okay
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm single
VO: who is going to be your sponsor?
Me: My Father:
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate ( Again i was stuttering through this part)
VO: Farming?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: No
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for visa , brought the Blue paper.

for the first timers. Make sure you prepare very very well and make sure you are always truthful in your DS 160. I actually have close relatives in the USA.I don't really communicate with them often. I listened to people advise and decided not to include them in my DS-160. It is better to just include it. Please avoid any conditional admission. I actually got admitted in 4 schools but UIS admission decision came very early. You must try as much as possible to nail your first interview

Second Interview:

December 1st
Lagos: Surge Dates things

School: Bowie State University COA 23k

Course: Management Information System ( Unconditional Admission)

VO: Why are you going to the US?
Me: I'm going to the US to pursue masters degree in Management information system at bowie state university Maryland.
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools ( I mentioned the schools)
VO: How many gave you admission?
Me: All the 3
VO: Who is your sponsor:
Me: My Father. He is a businessman with Investment in agriculture and real estate. He has landed properties in Lagos, Ekiti, Port harcourt, Oyo and Ogun state.

The VO is actually a nice woman, She approved visa for lot of students that day. I guess my first interview really messed me up. The moment the woman asked you to talk to her like a friend. Just be sure that she is ready to approve your visa but you must convince her. She wanted to approve a guy visa that day but the guy couldn't convince her about his sponsor. The guy said his mother does Ajo ( Cooperative Contribution)

3rd Interview

May 12 Abuja (In my mind i was like if this one no work. na to say bye bye to USA. I no fit kill myself because of the stressed that i passed through that day. I had to travel across four states before i get to lagos and fly to Abuja)

Nothing changed in terms of schools and course. I just defered my admissions. I applied to MTSU but got denied. I got promoted at work and also had a change of Job role.

Before i got interviewed, One woman got denied. The woman almost scattered embassy that day ooo. She was just shouting that they must tell her the reason she was denied and she won't leave until someone explained to her. She said she has travelled to US more than 25 times and all her kids are citizens. They called like 6 security personnels for the woman but she no gree at all. It was until one nice american woman came to talk to her. That was when she decided to leave. Anyway. It was the same Visa Officer that denied the woman that also interviewed me. grin

Me: I'm going to the US to pursue masters degree in Management information system at bowie state university Maryland.
VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: I chose the school because it is affordable and because of my research plans which is based on restructuring the power industry in nigeria using information technology. I will be working with professor Azene zenebe whose research focus are based on information systems security, crime in electronic business solution and business intelligence and data mining. This will help me to achieve my aim of revamping the power industry in Nigeria. I'm currently working in the power industry and i know the problems we are facing ( VO cuts in)
VO: You started working there one months ago?
Me: No Sir. I actually got promoted and also had a change of Job role. I have been working there for 4 years I was formerly ....... now I'm ..........
VO: Okay. Sorry about that. I didn't see that
Me: So i continue with my explanation on why i chose the schools. I can't remember what i said but the VO was just nodding his head
VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: My dad. He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate. He started a feedmill factory about 15 years ago when he retired from Nigeria Customs Service. He has about 3 properties in Oyo State, He is living in one of the properties while the other two are being managed by me and twin brother. His properties in lagos is managed by my elder sister. He was typing when i was saying these.
VO: He just brought out that dreaded blue paper and gave it to me. Infact USA consulate don dey make me hate anything blue. Blue used to be my favorite color but not anymore. The color don break my heart too much. I wasn't really heart broken compare to the first time because i sacrificed a lot of things that first time. I did everything possible to get the visa. I wrote GRE, Duolingo and also did wes. I applied to several schools but I believed my time has not come yet. So i will take a break from anything USA for now and focus on my career. Thanks everyone. God bless you

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yommybrain: 7:46am On May 19, 2022
Guys,
Good morning,
Please, I have been having issues with my CGI profile to schedule an interview date. My account has been frozen since May 8, and the service desk guys have been unable to resolve it. They said they had escalated the issue; thus, I should await the notification of the US embassy. I asked about the timeline. They said they cannot share the specific time the embassy would resolve the issue. Simply, I can’t proceed and they are not helping.

I am just trying to explore different options right now. Is it possible to create a new profile with my existing passport number and details?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denny322: 8:26am On May 19, 2022
Good morning everyone. Silent member, no longer silent alert.
Kudos to all the years of contribution on this platform.
Glad to be here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Denny322: 8:42am On May 19, 2022
Happy birthday @Shannon70.
This is wishing you a lifetime of happiness and prosperity in all life's endeavors.
Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:49am On May 19, 2022
Don't you think the informations on your D-160 could be the problem? People mostly get denied the F-1 visa, because of lack of home ties.

tolajohn12:
Good Morning All, I have been denied US visa like 3 times now. Infact i have given up on it right now and maybe try other countries that i can go for my masters. I just want to share my transcript so that people can learn from my experience.

First intervew
Abuja Nov 9 2021

Course: Management Information Systems ( conditional Admission so a bachelor's degree I-20 was issued because of one prerequisite management course that i needed to do).

School: UIS: COA: 35k

VO: Have you travelled out before?
Me: No, this will be my first time
VO: What is your highest level of qualification?
Me: Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering
VO: Why are you going for a second degree?
Me: It is a conditional admission. i'm actually going for a master degree( I was jittery in this part because the question caught me unaware). I'm required to write a course before i can get full admission
VO: Okay Okay
VO: Are you married?
Me: No, I'm single
VO: who is going to be your sponsor?
Me: My Father:
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate ( Again i was stuttering through this part)
VO: Farming?
Me: Yes
VO: Do you have any relative in the US?
Me: No
VO: I'm sorry you are not qualified for visa , brought the Blue paper.

for the first timers. Make sure you prepare very very well and make sure you are always truthful in your DS 160. I actually have close relatives in the USA.I don't really communicate with them often. I listened to people advise and decided not to include them in my DS-160. It is better to just include it. Please avoid any conditional admission. I actually got admitted in 4 schools but UIS admission decision came very early. You must try as much as possible to nail your first interview

Second Interview:

December 1st
Lagos: Surge Dates things

School: Bowie State University COA 23k

Course: Management Information System ( Unconditional Admission)

VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: 3 schools ( I mentioned the schools)
VO: How many gave you admission?
Me: All the 3
VO: Who is your sponsor:
Me: My Father. He is a businessman with Investment in agriculture and real estate. He has landed properties in Lagos, Ekiti, Port harcourt, Oyo and Ogun state.

The VO is actually a nice woman, She approved visa for lot of students that day. I guess my first interview really messed me up. The moment the woman asked you to talk to her like a friend. Just be sure that she is ready to approve your visa but you must convince her. She wanted to approve a guy visa that day but the guy couldn't convince her about his sponsor. The guy said his mother does Ajo ( Cooperative Contribution)

3rd Interview

May 12 Abuja (In my mind i was like if this one no work. na to say bye bye to USA. I no fit kill myself because of the stressed that i passed through that day. I had to travel across four states before i get to lagos and fly to Abuja)

Nothing changed in terms of schools and course. I just defered my admissions. I applied to MTSU but got denied. I got promoted at work and also had a change of Job role.

Before i got interviewed, One woman got denied. The woman almost scattered embassy that day ooo. She was just shouting that they must tell her the reason she was denied and she won't leave until someone explained to her. She said she has travelled to US more than 25 times and all her kids are citizens. They called like 6 security personnels for the woman but she no gree at all. It was until one nice american woman came to talk to her. That was when she decided to leave. Anyway. It was the same Visa Officer that denied the woman that also interviewed me. grin

Me: I chose the school because it is affordable and because of my research plans which is based on restructuring the power industry in nigeria using information technology. I will be working with professor Azene zenebe whose research focus are based on information systems security, crime in electronic business solution and business intelligence and data mining. This will help me to achieve my aim of revamping the power industry in Nigeria. I'm currently working in the power industry and i know the problems we are facing ( VO cuts in)
Me: No Sir. I actually got promoted and also had a change of Job role. I have been working there for 4 years I was formerly ....... now I'm ..........
Me: So i continue with my explanation on why i chose the schools. I can't remember what i said but the VO was just nodding his head
Me: My dad. He is a businessman with investment in agriculture and real estate. He started a feedmill factory about 15 years ago when he retired from Nigeria Customs Service. He has about 3 properties in Oyo State, He is living in one of the properties while the other two are being managed by me and twin brother. His properties in lagos is managed by my elder sister. He was typing when i was saying these.
VO: He just brought out that dreaded blue paper and gave it to me. Infact USA consulate don dey make me hate anything blue. Blue used to be my favorite color but not anymore. The color don break my heart too much. I wasn't really heart broken compare to the first time because i sacrificed a lot of things that first time. I did everything possible to get the visa. I wrote GRE, Duolingo and also did wes. I applied to several schools but I believed my time has not come yet. So i will take a break from anything USA for now and focus on my career. Thanks everyone. God bless you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 9:27am On May 19, 2022
tolajohn12:

3rd Interview

Third Interview Was really good

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (916) (917) (918) (919) (920) (921) (922) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: bimsbabe(f), 6lam(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.