Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642819 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 1:31pm On May 21, 2022
Ebi1:
I now know why mine is taking long.. Due to the revocation of my previous visa, they sent out a note to airlines and notify them of the revocation but since that issue has been cleared, they have to send the information again to notify everyone that I can now be allowed to board and stuffs... so yea I have to contact the NIV... to see if they can expedite the process tho clear my record...

[If a visa has been revoked and you subsequently determine that the reason for revocation has been overcome and the alien is no longer ineligible, and that the visa has not been physically cancelled, then the visa should be reinstated in accordance with the appropriate procedure as indicated below, and, in all applicable cases, the procedures listed below should be taken promptly. Posts should submit CLOK removal requests for any revocation-related entries (or contact the Department for entries with DPT refusal sites), and contact the CA Service Desk for removal of the red REVOKED banner from any applicable NIV records.]

Wow
At least you have an idea what’s going on
Any luck now? You’re resuming on Monday right
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Avivian030: 1:34pm On May 21, 2022
Hello. Please I would appreciate your suggestions on my situation.
I intend to apply for the USA student Visa for my masters program stating mpower financing and my sister as sponsor. my sister lives and work in the US. Though in a different state.
Please any advise with regards to this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mobbwc: 1:51pm On May 21, 2022
Thanks a lot for this, it is quite comforting, also congratulations to you. @Teensmentor

Teensmentor:
Hello,

I have similar experience as you.
MY spouse has been in the US on f1 visa before I applied for graduate school. My interview was this week and my visa has been issued.

You don't have to lie about anything. Just state it as it is.

I was asked "are you married "? I said yes. Then the next question was so what happens to family when you are away. I told the VO that my spouse is currently in the US on f1 visa and I have no kids yet.

If every other thing is good, then this shouldn't be an issue.

To answer your question about statement, there isa high probability that the VO wouldn't even look at your statement, however, printing the extra 2 months statement or requesting it wouldn't hurt. You want to make sure every t is crossed from your end and you have nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teensmentor: 3:29pm On May 21, 2022
I don't think it's an issue.

I filled 3 to 4 ds160 forms for the same application/interview slot. The first one was for my f2. Filled in the second one but forgot to note the confirmation number. Filled a third one but when I was done, I noticed an error in my name. Then a filled a fourth one which I used. You are permitted to change your ds160 form if you want but has to be before 72 hours to the interview ie 3 days. Once you fill a new form, just go to your CGI portal and update your profile with the new number. Please do this at least 72 hours to your interview. Need I say that I got my visa approved with all the changes I made?

BigboysZ:
Sadly, you can't delete it and they have your information in their database.

I can't give a specific advice because you have submitted a wrong information before and now you want to correct it. Doing that will show inconsistency and it's a red flag.

I would suggest you leave it if it's something you can defend, otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you.

Let's see what others have to say.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teeegirl: 4:06pm On May 21, 2022
Good day everyone
I just joined this platform and I’m already learning a lot. Please can anyone conduct a mock interview for me??

I applied for an F-1 visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evaowokotomo(f): 4:06pm On May 21, 2022
Please is it possible to choose visa date before submitting my DS160 and visa application?

Also can I wait close to my visa date to pay the SEVIS fee or I have to pay it before I can submit online?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cynad: 4:57pm On May 21, 2022
pls I will need to join the abuja WhatsApp group for date 07084883947
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by willieguy: 4:57pm On May 21, 2022
Oh I mean SEVIS. Thanks
BigboysZ:
I-20 or SEVIS?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by willieguy: 4:58pm On May 21, 2022
Same here 08168281212
cynad:
pls I will need to join the abuja WhatsApp group for date 07084883947

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 21, 2022
Hello Ummzayd, I sent you a pm. I'd be glad if you reply, I'd like to ask you a question.
UmmZayd:

Which company's name bayii
Your brother should follow the instructions on the coupon. There's a Western Union stand at Walgreens store and Walmart. Even ShopRite has
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2022
Zigii:
Hello guys!

I’m 20 and got married in January this year and will be going to the US for my bachelors degree on a full ride scholarship at one of the T10 schools. I already submitted my DS160 and ticked the married option when asked. Would my being married affect my visa interview in any way?
Yes. Positively.
It's one of the best home ties to have
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ceedeon: 7:12pm On May 21, 2022
willieguy:
Same here 08168281212

Please I need to join LAGOS group. Link please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AbroadEye: 7:12pm On May 21, 2022
Boss Moshkom please I sent you a mail. I applied to a 4years college for masters. No funding, I've been given I-20 and I am preparing for my Visa interview, please I need your guidance. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wendywilson: 7:58pm On May 21, 2022
Can anyone respond to this pls?

Wendywilson:
Pls to fill in my DS-160 for graduate program, is it okay to use 'intern' as my role in an organisation as my present job?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 8:10pm On May 21, 2022
yea it's crazy... no update yet... I don't know why they just dumped our documents in one corner since the 10th of May. My sister in the US called them yesterday at their US location and they said everything on their end is processing well and that I should contact the consulate here... Nigerian things are always hard... this is the 4th visa id be getting and I don't know why they are making things stressful...
Myfavour22:

Wow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zigii: 8:15pm On May 21, 2022
Thank you very much for your response

Stevenssen:

Yes. Positively.
It's one of the best home ties to have
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ebi1(f): 9:12pm On May 21, 2022
how was your May 18th interview? My classes will start on the 28th according to my school schedule... I pray everything gets sorted out asap...
Myfavour22:

Wow
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BigboysZ(m): 9:31pm On May 21, 2022
Of course.

Research Intern?

Specify it.

Remember it's your job title. Say it as it is.

Wendywilson:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:48pm On May 21, 2022
illumined999333:
Hello Ummzayd, I sent you a pm. I'd be glad if you reply, I'd like to ask you a question.

I've replied
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 9:49pm On May 21, 2022
Wendywilson:

Yes
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osigiepurr(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2022
Please, I applied for F-2 visa to join my spouse who has been in the US since last year. I want someone to add me to whatsapp group where I can I get more information related to interviews.... Thanks 08030403132
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Myfavour22: 10:31pm On May 21, 2022
Ebi1:
how was your May 18th interview? My classes will start on the 28th according to my school schedule... I pray everything gets sorted out asap...
Yes it went very well, we’ve collected our visas
I wish you and your family a speedy resolution

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:16am On May 22, 2022
AbroadEye:
Boss Moshkom please I sent you a mail. I applied to a 4years college for masters. No funding, I've been given I-20 and I am preparing for my Visa interview, please I need your guidance. Thank you

I Replied your PM already, boss!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mosh2035(m): 1:24am On May 22, 2022
Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)

We at Navesta MKP are dedicated to helping African students overcome the challenges of paying the SEVIS I-901 fee. We are offering a professional and seamless SEVIS I-901 payment for you. Please reach out to us at support@navestamkp.com with the subject: SEVIS I-901

Please see attached sample with redacted candidate information.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tjsam: 3:15am On May 22, 2022
I want to apply for f2 visa. Please, somebody add me to wasapp group where I can get f2 visa interview update. Thanks 07067800886
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kenwizy(m): 7:44am On May 22, 2022
Pls house, I use the pics that I used last year on my ds form ?

Please what can I do as I have already sunmitted my old pix for the second application.

My interview is in 3days time from now..

What can I do please...?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Queenlyt: 8:14am On May 22, 2022
Queenlyt:
Hello everyone. I would really appreciate if I get as many opinions on this.
I was denied sometime last year before the start of the Fall semester and I currently have another interview scheduled later this month for this Fall semester. I deferred for a whole year.
I was given the blue slip with 214b reasons and honestly don’t know what to put in the ‘give reasons for previous refusal’ section in my Ds160.
Although, the interview started to go downhill when I showed the bank statement of my sponsor (my uncle) who is now a US citizen, I had no idea at the time that it would worsen my home ties situation.
Now my second question is this, how would I answer the question of ‘what has changed since your last interview’ if I’m asked by the VO. I have already changed sponsors but would I have to mention it since they did not precisely tell me the bank statement I used before was the issue.

Please I hope I get responses, opinions and suggestions on this.
Thank you.

Please I need a response to this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tasho105(m): 8:56am On May 22, 2022
No big deal...
Since it was a deffered admission...same schl and program, then nothing has changed regrading this.
But since your sponsor is no more the same, make sure you have a strong explanation for this
Queenlyt:

Please I need a response to this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.