Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (952) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642245 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Donfide(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
My guy, it's importance cannot be overemphasized. Pray well for Grace, then do your work by getting the right answers, then be confident. Lol.
Doubuzofficial:

Congrats my lawyer.

Omo as Una Dey preach this confidence ehn, God Naim I need like this and I am hopeful.

Congrats once again brother man.

Congrats �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hanat04: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
hamatthan:
Good day guys, please has anyone been admitted to Western Illinois University. Would like to partner up with whoever.

Hello
We’ve a group chat for Western Illinois University students .
I sent you a mail already respond so I can send you the link .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Schrodinger2(m): 8:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
Whykay2504:
Good Day Everyone.
Please I would like to ask the following questions on behalf of a friend.

1. She got Masters Admission in a school in the US and her Sponsor is a family member in the UK, please how can she defend herself when the VO ask about her Sponsor?

2. Please note her sponsor went there on a Permanent Residence and she has the document backing it up with the statement of account of her sponsor.Pls what should she do?

You or your friend!

There's nothing to worry about your situation as you've pointed out. Simply tell your VO the truth about your sponsor that you mentioned above. Do not give unnecessary answer to question you were not asked.

Let your explanation corroborates with what you submitted in your DS160. Ordinarily, a Foreign sponsor in UK should be a plus.

Also, ensure you go with your sponsor's Statement of Account as it could be needed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 8:40pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hello everyone,

PLS HELP!

Would be glad to get clarification about the issue of reapplying after being denied F1 visa. I also think there a lot of people like myself who are unclear about this also.

While trying to re-apply after paying a new Visa fee and filing a new DS 160,

Is it best to click regular? or previously refused? Will be glad to read your responses.

Clicking previously refused says "no appointment date at this time"

Also, particularly If you had been previously denied and have got a new date or got approval, could you please share your experience with us?

This will really help a lot.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Santanjack: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2022
Kelvic90:
Kindly add me in the Whatsapp group for Abuja appointment dates. 08062402014. Thanks
please add me too to the Abuja WhatsApp Group i got my appointment..08061786623.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Santanjack: 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2022
Got my appointment.. Please add me to Abuja Group..Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Baloemmy23(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
Please has anyone traveled with a visit visa to USA please tell me the process to take cause I have someone in the USA willing to assist me to come over please put more light to how I can do it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2022
Is there any affordable means of making a $250 tuition deposit, the black market rates are scary
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hamatthan: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
So sorry I got your message late as you sent it to my old mail. I have however responded so I await further talks from you. Thanks in advance.
Hanat04:

Hello
We’ve a group chat for Western Illinois University students .
I sent you a mail already respond so I can send you the link .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dreamsss: 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2022
chibertha:

if you see how I dey laugh roll for the ground because of the bolded eeeh.
you get am wella

As in...na coded guy. And I can de feel coded guys grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legacymum: 12:22am On Jun 02, 2022
Hello everyone....

I opened a new account cos my previous account was banned.

F1 and THREE(3)F2 (wife and 2kids)
Abuja
8:30am
First Attempt
School: University of ****
COA: 64k
Funding: 54k
Deficit: 10k
VO: Bald headed VO at Window 8

VO: cheerfully asks...Who are these people with you
F1: My wife, son and daughter...and we've been married for over 4 years now.

VO: Have you traveled out before?
F1: Yes....to Germany, Kenya and Ghana....all for academic seminars.

VO: Did u go with your family
F1: No

VO: What do you do?
F1: I work as a Lecturer in a Federal Uni... specifically University of **** with over 6years of teaching and research in ******

VO: What will you do on your return
F1: resume my lectureship position and pick up a promotion as a senior lecturer plus more research works...blah blah

VO: I can see you are fully funded and the deficit (due to your family) will come from your personal savings right?
F1: Yes Sir.

(Worthy of note: we didn't carry any recent statement of account...cos my husband believed strongly that we wouldn't be asked for it)

Turns to F2
(my son refused to stay still and was playing everywhere...so I was distracted trying to control him)
VO: What do you do?
F2: I work as a graduate research assistant at the same Faculty as my husband in the same university...
I proceeded to tell him the research I was involved with.

VO: cuts in nicely...guess he was bamboozled with my plenty grammar....plus he was looking pointedly at me.
What would you do over there?
F2: I will support my husband fully and take care of the kids cos they are very young and tender.

VO: Everything looks good
I'll be approving your visas...
He kept our four passports and handed over the white paper...

Didn't hear anything again after that.

NB
A couple with kid in front of us that was avoiding the bald headed VO...rushed to another window and was denied.
Don't form any bias for any VO...TRUST GOD!

We didn't have any preference..and yet the interview with the bald headed VO felt more like a discussion.

In all...we trusted God and we had lots of mock interviews....
Even though my husband is a very competent 'talker' ...yet he didn't allow overconfidence to becloud him... we practiced really hard like we were novices and joined WhatsApp groups for more support.
We also focused on reading transcripts
of successful F1 with dependents

Also...people tried to discourage my husband from applying with his dependents as it would reduce his chances...but Hubby was adamant!

And God showed up..

Over-preparation is better than Under-preparation ooo
Also.. YouTube videos helped a lot... especially ARGO visas... check them out on YouTube.

So shall y'all share your success transcript. Amen.

Note:
Please NO dms. I'll reply tagged messages at my convenience.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tek77: 2:12am On Jun 02, 2022
Guys pls my uncle who is a Us Citizen gave me the school fees and it's in my account rather than giving me his statement of account. How is this a plus? And what do I tell the visa officers abt the money? As I show proof of funding thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aditueledumare(m): 4:05am On Jun 02, 2022
adewaleintown:
Have just been given admission to university of new haven. Msc computer and information science. I need a transcript so as I can prepare well. Am new here help a brother. Face cover �

I am expecting the same school to decide on my admission in the next few weeks.
I applied for accounting and artificial intelligence/analytic
Please let connect
Iyiolabell@gmail.com

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Whykay2504: 6:21am On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=hamatthan post=113378326]Good day guys, please has anyone been admitted to Western Illinois University. Would like to partner up with whoever. Yes you can message me on Facebook let's talk.
Ibitoye Olaitan Idris.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by omeogaprecious(f): 7:02am On Jun 02, 2022
Good morning pls is there a telegram or WhatsApp group for the school looking forward to your response
adewaleintown:
Have just been given admission to university of new haven. Msc computer and information science. I need a transcript so as I can prepare well. Am new here help a brother. Face cover �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nonye6194: 7:21am On Jun 02, 2022
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Planner99: 7:24am On Jun 02, 2022
Good day everyone

Who has applied for emergency appointment recently in the Lagos US Embassy please? How long did they take to respond?

Has anyone applied for EA before the 60days rule please? How did it work out?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2022
Good morning,
I went for my Visa interview last year August and was denied,I reapplied last year October and the only available date I got was June 15th 2022 in Abuja,but my Sevis receipt will be expiring on the 7th of June, the hat am I supposed to do??
I need your help guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by favyjane(f): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2022
My classes start date us 22nd of August and program start date is 1st of August and the earliest regular appointment i have is may 24th 2023. Please can someone add me to the appointment dates group? This is my number 08151486700.
Also please how early can my apply for EA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:49am On Jun 02, 2022
Please anybody living in New-york should get in touch, it's urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Evicsholar(f): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2022
Hello,

I would like to ask,

Are F2 dependents permitted to work remotely in the US, maybe for a European country?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2022
Bigsecret:
they can use their normal email as long as they have the letter head

Hi BigSecret, thanks for your help so far but I have question.

When reading about graduate Assistantships, I came across a statement on the UNO (uni of Nebraska, Omaha) website regarding transcripts.

International Transcripts: Applicants who have completed any undergraduate or graduate coursework at an international higher education institution outside of the United States may be required to submit a course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or Educational Perspectives

Did you at any time face this? Did you go through this or it can be waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afeez6: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2022
UmmZayd:

Why do you have multiple sponsors??

Because my family will be sponsoring me, my uncle, my Aunty and my cousin.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by incognitoo: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2022
Even for F-1s it’s not allowed.

Evicsholar:
Hello,

I would like to ask,

Are F2 dependents permitted to work remotely in the US, maybe for a European country?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OmotoyosiTee: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2022
Hi Everyone,
My sponsor is a founder of a church basically he’s a pastor. Is this a good one please.
Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 10:42am On Jun 02, 2022
NO

Evicsholar:
Hello,

I would like to ask,

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 10:44am On Jun 02, 2022
Sponsor can be anyone who is financially capable to finance your academics

OmotoyosiTee:
Hi Everyone,
My sponsor is a founder of a church basically he’s a pastor. Is this a good one please.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by photoberi: 10:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Hello everyone,

PLS HELP!

Would be glad to get clarification about the issue of reapplying after being denied F1 visa. I also think there a lot of people like myself who are unclear about this also.

While trying to re-apply after paying a new Visa fee and filing a new DS 160,

Is it best to click regular? or previously refused? Will be glad to read your responses.

Clicking previously refused says "no appointment date at this time"

Also, particularly If you had been previously denied and have got a new date or got approval, could you please share your experience with us?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by itoski(m): 10:55am On Jun 02, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen

Congratulations.
Did you take GRE or IELTS?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexaan(f): 11:02am On Jun 02, 2022
melinaaa:

quote this with your number

Please can someone add me to the Abuja interview date group +2349037474766
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.