Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (953) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1648614 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 11:06am On Jun 02, 2022
Stella03:
Good morning,
I went for my Visa interview last year August and was denied,I reapplied last year October and the only available date I got was June 15th 2022 in Abuja,but my Sevis receipt will be expiring on the 7th of June, the hat am I supposed to do??
I need your help guys.

Please I your response.�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nonye6194: 11:10am On Jun 02, 2022
itoski:

Congratulations.
Did you take GRE or IELTS?

None of those but I took Duolingo English test and did Wes evaluation

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexaan(f): 11:16am On Jun 02, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen

Congrats ooo Safe trip
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KINGTELLER: 11:23am On Jun 02, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

A. 1 year and 8 months

A. 2 years and 1 month

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

Congrats
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2022
“In as much as I celebrate with everyone getting approvals, I’ll love to remind us not to forget why we left in the first place.

Our actions also affect the next set of applicants from our country. If you’re going to school, please go to school.“

22 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sunkanmi64: 11:42am On Jun 02, 2022
F1 Interview Transcript
First Attempt (Approved)
Abuja
June 2 2022
Teaching Assistantship with deficit of 5,800.

VO: Have you ever travelled out of Nigeria?
Me: I've not had a reason to.

VO: You're going to the University of Oklahoma for a Master's in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology (That's what is on my I-20)
Me: I'm going for a Master's in Health Promotion specifically, under Health and Exercise Sciences. (I filled Health Promotion in my DS-160)

VO: Alright. What do you do in Nigeria at the moment?
Me: I'm presently a Research Assistant to two faculty members at the undergraduate institution I graduated from and I'm involved in activities including manuscript writing, literature reviews, data collection, data analysis and data entry. I also have one paper already published and two under review.

VO: What will you be doing after your Master's?
Me: Upon my return back to the country, I'd be picking up a Lecturing position in the University where I am presently a research assistant. The teaching assistantship I'd be holding during this program also provides the required training for it.

VO: Do you have/know anyone in the United States?
Me: No

VO: Everything looks good, I'd be approving your visa.
Me: Thank you very much.

VO: This paper will show you how to pick up your passport...

I really appreciate UmmZayd for always taking the time to answer all my questions. God bless you.

I couldn't sleep yesterday due to the tension but I'm glad it has all ended well. I'd try to be updating if I remember anything else.
I wish everyone the best of luck!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horkami: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hello Moshkom,

Please how can i schedule for mock interview with you? i and couple of others?

Moshkom:
“In as much as I celebrate with everyone getting approvals, I’ll love to remind us not to forget why we left in the first place.

Our actions also affect the next set of applicants from our country. If you’re going to school, please go to school.“

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
horkami:
Hello Moshkom,

Please how can i schedule for mock interview with you? i and couple of others?

Kindly PM Me, ‘we’ have a propose scheduled mock session later today (2/6/22) on Google Meet.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horkami: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
If you wil attending Bowie State University for Fall 2022 please quote me for the whatsapp group link. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Maxidooo1990: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
US Consulate Abuja

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Village people 1 - 1 Me

A. 1 year and 8 months

A. 2 years and 1 month

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

Big congratulations to you dear. God is always wonderful and marvellous. May his name be glorified.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:32pm On Jun 02, 2022
Afeez6:

Because my family will be sponsoring me, my uncle, my Aunty and my cousin.

You have still not answered why. Why can't your aunt alone sponsor you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OmotoyosiTee: 12:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
AsiwajuAfo001:
Sponsor can be anyone who is financially capable to finance your academics

Thank you responding Asiwaju, A few people are telling me church is not a business and also that the VO may have an opinion about pastors or church owners that’s why I asked. And Yes my sponsor is capable
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
Moshkom:

grin

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
create a portal for yourself on the visa website
file DS160
Pay the application fee at any GTB branch or online if you bank with them
Get interview appointment
if you are given
buy your ticket and fly

if not try again

as easy as that

visa category is B

Baloemmy23:
Please has anyone traveled with a visit visa to USA please tell me the process to take cause I have someone in the USA willing to assist me to come over please put more light to how I can do it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2022
The guy over know wetin dey.
A lot of people no sabi say if them PC them go show them road wella
Dreamsss:

As in...na coded guy. And I can de feel coded guys grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mercyof: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please I need assistance on payment for TOEFL registration. E joor please help, for those that have gotten admission, how did you go abt your registration
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
congratulations

are both of you STEM-STEM

Una be asset oyibo get sense them dey take style collect workforce

Legacymum:
Hello everyone....

I opened a new account cos my previous account was banned.

F1 and THREE(3)F2 (wife and 2kids)
Abuja
8:30am
First Attempt
School: University of ****
COA: 64k
Funding: 54k
Deficit: 10k
VO: Korean VO at Window 8

VO: cheerfully asks...Who are these people with you
F1: My wife, son and daughter...and we've been married for over 4 years now.

VO: Have you traveled out before?
F1: Yes....to Germany, Kenya and Ghana....all for academic seminars.

VO: Did u go with your family
F1: No

VO: What do you do?
F1: I work as a Lecturer in a Federal Uni... specifically University of **** with over 6years of teaching and research in ******

VO: What will you do on your return
F1: resume my lectureship position and pick up a promotion as a senior lecturer plus more research works...blah blah

VO: I can see you are fully funded and the deficit (due to your family) will come from your personal savings right?
F1: Yes Sir.

(Worthy of note: we didn't carry any recent statement of account...cos my husband believed strongly that we wouldn't be asked for it)

Turns to F2
(my son refused to stay still and was playing everywhere...so I was distracted trying to control him)
F2: I work as a graduate research assistant at the same Faculty as my husband in the same university...
I proceeded to tell him the research I was involved with.

VO: cuts in nicely...guess he was bamboozled with my plenty grammar....plus he was looking pointedly at me.
What would you do over there?
F2: I will support my husband fully and take care of the kids cos they are very young and tender.

VO: Everything looks good
I'll be approving your visas...
He kept our four passports and handed over the white paper...

Didn't hear anything again after that.

NB
A couple with kid in front of us that was avoiding the dreaded Korean VO...rushed to another window and was denied.
Don't form any bias for any VO...TRUST GOD!

We didn't have any preference..and yet the interview with the Korean man felt more like a discussion.

In all...we trusted God and we had lots of mock interviews....
Even though my husband is a very competent 'talker' ...yet he didn't allow overconfidence to becloud him... we practiced really hard like we were novices and joined WhatsApp groups for more support.
We also focused on reading transcripts
of successful F1 with dependents

Also...people tried to discourage my husband from applying with his dependents as it would reduce his chances...but Hubby was adamant!

And God showed up..

Over-preparation is better than Under-preparation ooo
Also.. YouTube videos helped a lot... especially ARGO visas... check them out on YouTube.

So shall y'all share your success transcript. Amen.

Note:
Please NO dms. I'll reply tagged messages at my convenience.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
God for you tell them your sponsor has already transferred the money to your account. so go with your account statement showing the amount.

Tek77:
Guys pls my uncle who is a Us Citizen gave me the school fees and it's in my account rather than giving me his statement of account. How is this a plus? And what do I tell the visa officers abt the money? As I show proof of funding thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2022
You are not nice @ the bolded
congratulations and welcome to the USA
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
US Consulate Abuja

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Village people 1 - 1 Me

A. 1 year and 8 months

A. 2 years and 1 month

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stella03: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
Can I go for my interview on June 15 with my Sevis receipt that will expire on June 6th?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
pc me to give you all you need to take care of kids here in the states
school, daycare and all
trust me if nobody cut rope for you e go hard.

Legacymum:
Hello everyone....

I opened a new account cos my previous account was banned.

F1 and THREE(3)F2 (wife and 2kids)
Abuja
8:30am
First Attempt
School: University of ****
COA: 64k
Funding: 54k
Deficit: 10k
VO: Korean VO at Window 8

VO: cheerfully asks...Who are these people with you
F1: My wife, son and daughter...and we've been married for over 4 years now.

VO: Have you traveled out before?
F1: Yes....to Germany, Kenya and Ghana....all for academic seminars.

VO: Did u go with your family
F1: No

F1: I work as a Lecturer in a Federal Uni... specifically University of **** with over 6years of teaching and research in ******

VO: What will you do on your return
F1: resume my lectureship position and pick up a promotion as a senior lecturer plus more research works...blah blah

VO: I can see you are fully funded and the deficit (due to your family) will come from your personal savings right?
F1: Yes Sir.

(Worthy of note: we didn't carry any recent statement of account...cos my husband believed strongly that we wouldn't be asked for it)

Turns to F2
(my son refused to stay still and was playing everywhere...so I was distracted trying to control him)
F2: I work as a graduate research assistant at the same Faculty as my husband in the same university...
I proceeded to tell him the research I was involved with.

VO: cuts in nicely...guess he was bamboozled with my plenty grammar....plus he was looking pointedly at me.
What would you do over there?
F2: I will support my husband fully and take care of the kids cos they are very young and tender.

VO: Everything looks good
I'll be approving your visas...
He kept our four passports and handed over the white paper...

Didn't hear anything again after that.

NB
A couple with kid in front of us that was avoiding the dreaded Korean VO...rushed to another window and was denied.
Don't form any bias for any VO...TRUST GOD!

We didn't have any preference..and yet the interview with the Korean man felt more like a discussion.

In all...we trusted God and we had lots of mock interviews....
Even though my husband is a very competent 'talker' ...yet he didn't allow overconfidence to becloud him... we practiced really hard like we were novices and joined WhatsApp groups for more support.
We also focused on reading transcripts
of successful F1 with dependents

Also...people tried to discourage my husband from applying with his dependents as it would reduce his chances...but Hubby was adamant!

And God showed up..

Over-preparation is better than Under-preparation ooo
Also.. YouTube videos helped a lot... especially ARGO visas... check them out on YouTube.

So shall y'all share your success transcript. Amen.

Note:
Please NO dms. I'll reply tagged messages at my convenience.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
congratulations to all those who have got visas and will be arriving soon

if you plan to have an ID here I advise you get a driver's license to do that
go to
https://www.dmv-test-pro.com/ then chose your state and start studying

also practice parallel parking very well
I found this very helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy8nP72vMkY

finally, check your state DMV office for requirements which include

letter from school
SSN or SSN reject letter
I 94
I 20
Passport with visa
evidence of residence usually rental agreement.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
pay again sorry
Stella03:
Good morning,
I went for my Visa interview last year August and was denied,I reapplied last year October and the only available date I got was June 15th 2022 in Abuja,but my Sevis receipt will be expiring on the 7th of June, the hat am I supposed to do??
I need your help guys.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
take it and apply for EA

favyjane:
My classes start date us 22nd of August and program start date is 1st of August and the earliest regular appointment i have is may 24th 2023. Please can someone add me to the appointment dates group? This is my number 08151486700.
Also please how early can my apply for EA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
sure
Evicsholar:
Hello,

I would like to ask,

Are F2 dependents permitted to work remotely in the US, maybe for a European country?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
with may in the sentence chill for now
SimpleGuy001:

Hi BigSecret, thanks for your help so far but I have question.

When reading about graduate Assistantships, I came across a statement on the UNO (uni of Nebraska, Omaha) website regarding transcripts.

International Transcripts: Applicants who have completed any undergraduate or graduate coursework at an international higher education institution outside of the United States may be required to submit a course-by-course transcript evaluation from World Education Services (WES), Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or Educational Perspectives

Did you at any time face this? Did you go through this or it can be waived?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
how is it written on your I20? My school puts it as family funds, if that be the case then just mention 1 person

Afeez6:

Because my family will be sponsoring me, my uncle, my Aunty and my cousin.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afeez6: 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
UmmZayd:

You have still not answered why. Why can't your aunt alone sponsor you?

Because the burden will be too much on one person to bear, that’s why they all contribute resources together to sponsor me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Afeez6: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
how is it written on your I20? My school puts it as family funds, if that be the case then just mention 1 person

The school listed there names
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you well said.
Moshkom:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
that school wicked.
Afeez6:

The school listed there names

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by favyjane(f): 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you i would do that ...
Please i would like to be added to the WhatsApp group for appointment date checking
This is my number 08151486700
chibertha:
take it and apply for EA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.