Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,810 members, 7,827,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1654142 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
pc me to give you all you need to take care of kids here in the states
school, daycare and all
trust me if nobody cut rope for you e go hard.

Lol I tell you. You go just dey

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
while you wait for that I would advise you chose 3 times in 24hrs you can check for dates.
I can not help you here.
favyjane:
Thank you i would do that ...
Please i would like to be added to the WhatsApp group for appointment date checking
This is my number 08151486700
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by favyjane(f): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Thank you for your response
Please how do I do the checking?
chibertha:
while you wait for that I would advise you chose 3 times in 24hrs you can check for dates.
I can not help you here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
Donfide:
My guy, it's importance cannot be overemphasized. Pray well for Grace, then do your work by getting the right answers, then be confident. Lol.

Thanks baba mi.

Na date I Dey wait mai go collect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nesino(m): 4:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
congratulations

are both of you STEM-STEM

Una be asset oyibo get sense them dey take style collect workforce

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ikeolafarm: 4:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Anyone going to University of Nebraska-Lincoln?

DM please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 4:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen

Congrats ����

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Legacymum: 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
congratulations

are both of you STEM-STEM

Una be asset oyibo get sense them dey take style collect workforce

Yes we are.... Pharmaceutical sci.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IGmech619: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
Moshkom I would love to join too. Please how do I join in the Mock interview
Moshkom:

Kindly PM Me, ‘we’ have a propose scheduled mock session later today (2/6/22) on Google Meet.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by APCHUKS: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
Transcript.
Abuja:
Total:27,260
Merit scholarship of 5000
Deficit: 22,260
Pos: 37,570

After pleasantries.
Vo: I will be starting with your biometrics.
Me: no problem.

Then vo pointing at my i20
Vo: I see you are going to Etsu for Mph,
Who is sponsoring you?( pointing at the name on my i20).
Me: my uncle he….
Vo cuts in
Vo: what does he do?
Me: his a businessman and owns a bleep pharmacy.
Vo: where do you work?
Me: I work at bleep pharmacy as sales manager
Vo: that means you work for your uncle.
Me: yes.
Vo: what will this degree do for you?
Me: it will enable me take up the role of health policy manger in my company upon return.
Vo: what’s the staff strength of the company.
Me: above 60 staff and the company has its presence in bleep state and bleep state but I work at the head office.
Vo: how did you come across the school?
Me: during my undergrads study my research exposed me to the work of prof bleep at etsu that’s how I got to know…. (Vo cuts in with a tuned voice)
Vo: how does this concern pharmacy?
(Immediately my mind got negative of the visa approval)
Me: my research interest circles around environmental health which is an actual problem within the community where my company is located, the knowledge I will acquire from the degree will help me identify the problem in the community and profer a possible way to address…
She didn’t allow me finish then
Sorry, you ain’t qualify for this category of visa.
Green paper. I was shocked though.

Please what’s the actual problem.
I presume it was my response with how I got to know the school that triggered the refusal.

Please I need clarification.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michaelshow: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
I can not help you here.

I have booked my appointment and got 19 April 2023 while my program start 12 August 2022.

Please, how will I be checking for available on my portal?

Can I apply for EA now?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Michaelshow: 5:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
IGmech619:

Please I need this mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
IGmech619:

Kindly PM me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 6:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Michaelshow:

Please I need this mock interview

PM Me, please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
Still useful!

fairheart:
I found this from the list of one of my old posts here and I thought I would share with those of you that are not sure how to get emergency appointment:

HOW TO REQUEST FOR EMERGENCY APPOINTMENT

NOTE: Emergency appointments are mostly approved for students who are requesting within 60 days of their program start date (program start date is on your I-20). So, make sure you you are applying within that 60 days. But if it is beyond that at the moment, relax; don't let others' approval news push you to request before the required period or you may limit your visa lifetime and be forced to pay another visa fee if you didn't get a suitable date later.

To proceed

1, Pay visa fee, SEVIS fee, and at least, start your DS-160 FORM and have the application Number; according to the U.S embassy site, you are encouraged to complete it.

2, Create your CGI profile and fill in the details.

3. Proceed by booking any available date you see, even if the current available appointment date is 2024, book it (Schedule an appointment online for the earliest available date. Please note that you must schedule an appointment before you can request an expedited date. At the time you schedule your appointment, you will see an onscreen message showing the earliest available appointment date, which includes emergency appointments--from the US embassy site).

4, Once you are done, return to your landing page and you will see "Emergency Request." Click that and read the details on the page that loads. Once you are done, Click Here at the bottom of that page.

5, On the Emergency Request page, Fill in your tentative date. Then type your reason for requesting emergency appointment. This is a constructive message explaining that you did not see a suitable date that works for your program start date as stated on the I-20 and so, you need an interview appointment date before your program start date.

6, Since you have paid the fees mentioned in step 1, upload the pdf document in the file section below the box you type your message. Remember, your SEVIS fee payment confirmation, I20. You may attach a third document such as assistantship letter or admission letter, but this is not required.

The embassy usually reply within 3 days.
Read more about Emergency appointment request from the U.S embassy's designated page for it:

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-emergencyappointment.html

Remember, getting a visa is not just about getting an admission and a date. Put in the effort to prepare for your interview; show confidence, speak up, let the consular feel energy in your voice. You have invested money, time, and other resources to come this far, the interview is the last phase to getting the visa. Give it your best. Do not go to embassy not knowing why you pick your school, your course, and what you want to do with the degree after graduation. If your appearance at the embassy this time is your chance to finally get the visa, please prepare. Let your preparation meets the opportunity!

All the best!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 6:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
Village people grin
nonye6194:
Transcript
Visa approved 1/06/2022
First attempt
St Louis University, MSc
Full Funding, zero deficit
US Consulate Abuja

I arrived the embassy before 6:30 and waited till we were beckoned by the security for the business of the day. Started with security/documents check and thereafter CGI. At the CGI point the lady sent me back to retake my passport, touts use me shine.

Village people 1 - 0 Me

Got inside and started waiting turns to be interviewed, I noticed there were three windows today conducting interviews; 8 (balded male vo), 9 (female vo) and 10 (younger female vo).

There were alot of white paper issuance I saw today. Green paper too, but minimal.

There was no Korean in sight today so no need to dodge.

Village people 1 - 1 Me

It got to my turn and I went to young lady in window 10 for my interview. Greeted her and gave her my i20 and passport. She started their usual typing and then the following ensued:

Q1 How long have I worked in my current job

A. 1 year and 8 months

Q2 How long have I worked in my previous job

A. 2 years and 1 month

Q3 Do I have a study leave

A. Not yet. This is pending getting my visa approval

Q4 What is my post study plan

A. I intend to return to my current place of work, in a mid level management position. My organization is undergoing a transition phase and this is expected to last 3-5 years during which our operations will expand beyond the western region to a nationwide coverage. This will open up many positions and with my experience and degree, I will be positioned to fill one of these new positions.

Then the magic words came with the white paper.

Village people 1 - 2 Me
(Full time score)

No documents were asked asides passport and i-20. Maintained eye contact all through. Had zero tension, abi anxiety.

*Three weeks ago (yes, three weeks ago) I did not have my i-20, interview date or made any payment for my Visa. applied for EA in Lagos and they bounced me before I switched to Abuja and got a close regular date. I didn't even know my funding will be full till I saw my i-20. And I was expected to be in school before July 5 for start of my summer classes. My DSO was doubtful of my chances cos the timing was too close.

Fast forward to today, I'm checking flights to Midtown St Louis and warming breakfast to serve my employer. Everything happened so fast and I'm yet to process all of these. GOD IS REAL.

Thank you to everyone who responded to questions, contributed and supported others here. Y'all the real MVPs.

It really took a village to make this happen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 6:53pm On Jun 02, 2022
Jummie14:
thank you so much. I need plenty things �. How can I get across to you?
send a PM
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adewaleintown(m): 6:54pm On Jun 02, 2022
Pls I jst paid for my sevis fee and am going to university of new haven for my msc in computer and information science . The program is starting by August hope I will still meet up . And anybody with transcript that can share?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
chibertha:
with may in the sentence chill for now

ok thanks, I'm taking it out of my list.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SimpleGuy001: 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
Bigsecret:
Hello, i will say you should email the program coordinator or ask the international admission for what has been done in the past. So, you won't waste your application fee. I am sure there are thousands of other schools out there you can apply to

scrapping it off my list. Looking for schools isn't an easy stuff, whole lotta work embarassed

Anyway, my determination to find my way out of naija must keep me working.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeonBaba: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
The VO has already given you a hint on what is wrong. VO asked you "how does this concern pharmacy?" which means the program you are going for does not relate well with pharmacy and the company you currently work for. You may want to see how you can explain the connection between your program and your current job (or your future aspiration). I wish you better luck next time.
APCHUKS:
Transcript.
Abuja:
Total:27,260
Merit scholarship of 5000
Deficit: 22,260
Pos: 37,570

After pleasantries.
Vo: I will be starting with your biometrics.
Me: no problem.

Then vo pointing at my i20
Vo: I see you are going to Etsu for Mph,
Who is sponsoring you?( pointing at the name on my i20).
Me: my uncle he….
Vo cuts in
Vo: what does he do?
Me: his a businessman and owns a bleep pharmacy.
Vo: where do you work?
Me: I work at bleep pharmacy as sales manager
Vo: that means you work for your uncle.
Me: yes.
Vo: what will this degree do for you?
Me: it will enable me take up the role of health policy manger in my company upon return.
Vo: what’s the staff strength of the company.
Me: above 60 staff and the company has its presence in bleep state and bleep state but I work at the head office.
Vo: how did you come across the school?
Me: during my undergrads study my research exposed me to the work of prof bleep at etsu that’s how I got to know…. (Vo cuts in with a tuned voice)
Vo: how does this concern pharmacy?
(Immediately my mind got negative of the visa approval)
Me: my research interest circles around environmental health which is an actual problem within the community where my company is located, the knowledge I will acquire from the degree will help me identify the problem in the community and profer a possible way to address…
She didn’t allow me finish then
Sorry, you ain’t qualify for this category of visa.
Green paper. I was shocked though.

Please what’s the actual problem.
I presume it was my response with how I got to know the school that triggered the refusal.

Please I need clarification.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hamatthan: 8:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please how do I PM you, I'll like to be among those to go through the mock interview
Moshkom:

Kindly PM Me, ‘we’ have a propose scheduled mock session later today (2/6/22) on Google Meet.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
adewaleintown:
Pls I jst paid for my sevis fee and am going to university of new haven for my msc in computer and information science . The program is starting by August hope I will still meet up . And anybody with transcript that can share?

You will meet up
Some of us are still waiting for funding decision cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fabdozie: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please house, can I print an account statement like 3 weeks or a month prior to my interview. The funds are available in the account now, I may not have this much in the account in 3 weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyAyodeji(f): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
[quote author=kelechi12345 post=112119385][/quote]

Good evening everyone,

I received my I20 documents from the School this evening.
My question is (1.) Inside the documents, they have already gave me SEVIS number, am i to pay for SEVIS again?
(2.) Which web will i apply for VISA, to get my Interview date, and pay for VISA?

Thanks all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KennyAyodeji(f): 9:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please, add me up as well. Am doing my interview before August, yet to get a date.
Thanks

hamatthan:
Please how do I PM you, I'll like to be among those to go through the mock interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fabdozie: 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please can someone answer this?
fabdozie:
Please house, can I print an account statement like 3 weeks or a month prior to my interview. The funds are available in the account now, I may not have this much in the account in 3 weeks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sammydlegend: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hello,
Can I be added to the Lagos appointment date Whatsapp group 08065446722.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teamothy: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
can i be added to abuja group 08118503933
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Akinoj044: 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Please friends,

I am going for fall 2022, I would appreciate if the link for Lagos appointment date seeking group is given. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (951) (952) (953) (954) (955) (956) (957) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Kingchris007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.