Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1642803 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2022
Normally you email the prof the find out if s/he can take you on and also ask for funding before you apply.

frankmoney:
oh nice one . Please how did you go about it ? I want to apply for a PhD programme as well .

Did you apply from the University directly or emailed a professor to join their research programme ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
see the boldede
Adarabi:
Good day everyone I stumbled across the thread please welcome me. I’m in the process of filing my DS 160 and I have a question

Is it fine for to use business a business account as SOA
ANS NO

I work for my mums business and the business is sponsoring my VISA

I have also been granted a scholarship of 8k…I20 as been issued before the scholarship happened so it’s not reflecting, do I need to contact my enrollment officer about making the scholarship reflect on my I20 or should I carry on with my interview without it.
ANS YES MAKE IT REFLECT IN YOUR I20 IF YOU CAN IF NOT THEN CARRY THE LETTER THAT STATES IT ALONG TO YOUR INTERVIEW

Lastly there are 2 spots on the I20 about Jobs

The first one says primary occupation
The second say employment for the last 5 years

ANS BE SURE TO PUT IN SOMETHING THAT IS RELATED TO YOUR PROPOSED COURSE OF STUDY THERE

Are my supposed to tell about Job status in both cases.
ANS YES
Thanks.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 2:52pm On Jun 09, 2022
Any one is ok as long as it is above the COA stated on your I20

official4000:
Hello house, is it advisable to have your POF in dollar dom account? Or do I have to convert to Naira? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MartinsOsifo22(m): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2022
Please do you know how i can reach at to @UmmZayd, BunmiBie? please�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2022
official4000:
Hello house, is it advisable to have your POF in dollar dom account? Or do I have to convert to Naira? Thanks
Dorm account is good too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2022
I hail you fellow this is not an easy part of Civil, wow soil mechanics and behavior were my nightmares in school.

RENOWNED2:

Good morning bro.

How's school? Would love to ask you some questions as I'm a civil engineering grad and looking to specialize in geotechnical too.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Plannie22: 3:10pm On Jun 09, 2022
Jsadetokunbo:

I'll advise, apply irrespective of the date available. Then apply for emergency request with 5 supporting documents

My school starts in September so I am not due for emergency yet, plus, I was denied a visa last week so I don’t think I can use the emergency request.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by saheed0011: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
Jsadetokunbo:

I'll advise, apply irrespective of the date available. Then apply for emergency request with 5 supporting documents
please, can you share with us the five supporting documents one needs to attach
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Happychioma: 3:46pm On Jun 09, 2022
sourkandi:

@Fescoblack you cannot apply for an F-1 visa without admission because during the application you will need to fill in your sevis number which is something you cannot get without getting admitted into a school in the US. So just pray that you get accepted, get your I-20, pay your sevis fee, fill the ds-160 and apply for a visa. I wish you good luck.
The visa fee is #67,200.

You can pay for F1 visa at GTBank but u can't apply bc u do not hv I 20 and sevis no.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frankmoney(m): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2022
chibertha:
Normally you email the prof the find out if s/he can take you on and also ask for funding before you apply.

Really appreciate your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adarabi: 3:57pm On Jun 09, 2022
Boss I hail ooo…please can I use a business bae account for soa?
nonye6194:

Why not. I am ready to assist in any way I can. But I prefer to respond to any questions on this thread instead of DMs. If we all did the DM way, others won't benefit like I did from this platform
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JesusIsAMuslim: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2022
Please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by drjustice17: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2022
Apply to School. Most of the Ph.D. in the USA come with full funding. Just apply early.

chibertha:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Quiver: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
Can anyone who was refused especially in Abuja and has not torn his/her blue paper send it to me maybe via Whatsapp or Telegram? I want to ask for a refund of tuition deposit I made in a school in the US as I was refused twice but later got visa for study permit in Canada and so need my money back. Anyone please? Cos the US school is demanding I show them the blue paper of denial from the embassy before they can refund me back my money

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 4:16pm On Jun 09, 2022
Adarabi:
Boss I hail ooo…please can I use a business bae account for soa?
Your question has been answered twice above.
It is more advisable to use a personal account.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fiffyst: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hello house,

I need your assistance. My EA request was approved but when i try to reschedule, it says “your group size is larger than the current allocation “. I have tried to reach the US Visa service desk and they said there’s nothing they can do about it.

Please, who has had this issue and how did you resolve it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JesusIsAMuslim: 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
Th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:55pm On Jun 09, 2022
yes, you are welcome
frankmoney:
Really appreciate your response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2022
which kind of yeye shcool is that naa.
They should send back your money fast.
check if it was stamped in your passport too.

Quiver:
Can anyone who was refused especially in Abuja and has not torn his/her blue paper send it to me maybe via Whatsapp or Telegram? I want to ask for a refund of tuition deposit I made in a school in the US as I was refused twice but later got visa for study permit in Canada and so need my money back. Anyone please? Cos the US school is demanding I show them the blue paper of denial from the embassy before they can refund me back my money
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2022
send pm to them

MartinsOsifo22:
Please do you know how i can reach at to @UmmZayd, BunmiBie? please�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adarabi: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2022
How can someone not be anxious or overwhelmed
Planner99:
Good day everyone

Who has applied for emergency appointment recently in the Lagos US Embassy please? How long did they take to respond?

Has anyone applied for EA before the 60days rule please? How did it work out?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adarabi: 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2022
Please invite me to the Abuja interview WhatsApp group 08187717512
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaslaze: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2022
Hello everyone, i have been trying to acquire a date at abuja and i have even paid for a new Visa fee so i can request for an EA but i just can seem to find a date since May. I had an interview last December which i was denied visa so i would like to know if that has been why i have been affected by this or what exactly can be the issue

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2022
Quiver:

This school!!!
Check your visa profile if you can get any evidence as regards that. There should be something that stated that you were denied.

Best of luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tinafusty: 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2022
Quiver:
Blue paper is blue paper, they don't write Abuja or Lagos on it, I can get u the blue paper from Lagos but with some little charge, dm me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sauce22: 7:30pm On Jun 09, 2022
chibertha:
which kind of yeye shcool is that naa.
They should send back your money fast.
check if it was stamped in your passport too.

Check the attachment I sent you the blue paper...it doesn't matter the location, blue paper is blue paper

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 8:15pm On Jun 09, 2022
it is not me oooh
Sauce22:

Check the attachment I sent you the blue paper...it doesn't matter the location, blue paper is blue paper

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.