Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Orlu: The Untold Story - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orlu: The Untold Story (24275 Views)

Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / How Boko Haram Killed Soldiers In Borno & Yobe: The Untold Story - Premium Times / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 10:00am On Jan 10, 2021
Ihioma Orlu

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 10:03am On Jan 10, 2021
Enugu Road, Orlu City

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bonesking(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2021
Orlu town

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
Welcome to Nkwerre. One of the richest towns with lots of millionaires in Orlu. Stratford Hotels Nkwerre welcomes you. Nkwerre is the home of late Chief John Anyiehie the man who donated a large sum of money for the Imo state airport under Dee Sam Mbakwe. He was the richest man in Port Harcourt during his time and single-handedly built a Cathedral for his people in Nkwerre.

Nkwerre also boast of notable Igbo sons and daughter, one of whom is Illbliss.

This is Stafford Hotels Nkwerre

You got it.
Late John Anyaehie of Nkwerre had the first land line telephone service in Nkwerre.

He built the first modern Hotel -Richards Hotel -along Bank Road in Orlu during the early 1970s. The hotel was most luxurious then.

There is John Anyaehie Street in Orlu today.

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 11:02am On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN7CksehQkA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYxp7xmZi-M

It’s like magic: two rivers - Njaba and Orashi meet in Oguta lake- but the waters of the two rivers never mix.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by pazienza(m): 11:21am On Jan 10, 2021
Ikengawo, you are pure disgrace to Igboland.

With misguided parochial folks like you,Ndiigbo don't need external enemies, you and your ilks are big enough to destroy us.

I can't believe I use to think you are a brilliant man.

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by kettykin: 11:28am On Jan 10, 2021
coolI sincerely hope orlu is not living in some past glory. The new kids on the block like abakiliki ebonyi and awka have recorded so much traction in the past 5 years that the demographics of the east has changed dramatically.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Rugaria: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2021
kettykin:
coolI sincerely hope orlu is not living in some past glory. The new kids on the block like abakiliki ebonyi and awka have recorded so much traction in the past 5 years that the demographics of the east has changed dramatically.
Lol,
You want to compare Orlu with Awka and Abakiliki? Orlu na my area oo, but the truth has to be ssid... Orlu has no city plan! No integrated water projects and no economic master plan! I don't know what my people get hyping our struggling town. Our predicament started with Dee Mbakwe. A very visionary leader who as was typical of the time, had a serious grouse with Orlu because the then opposition leader was from Orlu zone. In fact NPN had it's opposition base at Orlu, so Mbakwe and his NPP focused more on Owerri, Aba and umuuahia. Thosexareas were pro NPP..

The military didn't help. Since 1999, Orlu has been producing most of the governors; Udenwa, Rochas and Uzodinmma the incumbent. Yet, these guys seem to be more interested in enjoying the enchanting life of Owerri. None of them has been able to provide a solid master plan to modernise the city. Rochas tried but he lacked tact. Orlu is just like Nnewi, just that Nnewi has got more serious commercial activities going on..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 11:55am On Jan 10, 2021
Ledaa ndi ojoo. Aguduma ata unu ria ria. Unu amadu suu Orlu wu eze. Anda gbaha ya agbaha. EML nwannemu jishike.. Igudu atata kaa mmiri Njaba. Iseee!!!

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 12:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
kettykin:

For Orlu’s predicament today, blame governors and so-called politicians from Orlu senatorial zone who have governed and are governing Imo state. Like someone earlier mentioned, no integrated water supply system as used to be in Owerri; hardly any public university in the zone of 12 LGAs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 12:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
Rugaria:

Lol,
You want to compare Orlu with Awka and Abakiliki? Orlu na my area oo, but the truth has to be ssid... Orlu has no city plan! No integrated water projects and no economic master plan! I don't know what my people get hyping our struggling town. Our predicament started with Dee Mbakwe. A very visionary leader who as was typical of the time, had a serious grouse with Orlu because the then opposition leader was from Orlu zone. In fact NPN had it's opposition base at Orlu, so Mbakwe and his NPP focused more on Owerri, Aba and umuuahia. Thosexareas were pro NPP.. The military didn't help. Since 1999, Orlu has been producing most of the governors; Udenwa, Rochas and Uzodinmma the incumbent. Yet, these guys seem to be more interested in enjoying the enchanting life of Owerri. None of them has been able to provide a solid master plan to modernise the city. Rochas tried but he lacked tact. Orlu is just like Nnewi, just that Nnewi has got more serious commercial activities going on..

Even the city plan with many urban roads started in Orlu and embraced by an outsider former governor of Imo state from Bende, Amadi Ikwechegh, no governor from Orlu zone continued from where Ikwechegh stopped.

The urban roads and drainage project started and not completed by Ikwechegh lay in ruins today.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by rtdCivilservant: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Ledaa ndi ojoo. Aguduma ata unu ria ria. Unu amadu suu Orlu wu eze. Anda gbaha ya agbaha. EML nwannemu jishike.. Igudu atata kaa mmiri Njaba. Iseee!!!
Abeg write wetin everybody go understand.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Abeg write wetin everybody go understand.
lolz thats my dialect joor.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by rtdCivilservant: 1:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Seriously I de interested for wetin u yan, interpret for me na.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Seriously I de interested for wetin u yan, interpret for me na.
okoooo

Ledaa ndi ojoo( See bad people ooo). Aguduma ata unu ria ria( I no go blame una at all at all). Unu amadu suu Orlu wu eze(una no know say Orlu na King dem be). Anda gbaha ya agbaha.( arguement no dey am at all) EML nwannemu jishike( EML my brother bravo).. Igudu atata kaa mmiri Njaba. Iseee ( just like Njaba River no fit dry, U maself no fit dry in all areas of ur life. Amen..)

If u wan learn my dialect always listen to Chief Imo comedy. he speaks pure Isu- Orlu dialect.

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

What is this?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by rtdCivilservant: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
okoooo

Ledaa ndi ojoo( See bad people ooo). Aguduma ata unu ria ria( I no go blame una at all at all). Unu amadu suu Orlu wu eze(una no know say Orlu na King dem be). Anda gbaha ya agbaha.( arguement no dey am at all) EML nwannemu jishike( EML my brother bravo).. Igudu atata kaa mmiri Njaba. Iseee ( just like Njaba River no fit dry, U maself no fit dry in all areas of ur life. Amen..)

If u wan learn my dialect always listen to Chief Imo comedy. he speaks pure Isu- Orlu dialect.

Ok, thank u. I love u

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Ok, thank u. I love u

Yeye love. grin grin Make my husband catch you.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by rtdCivilservant: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

Yeye love. grin grin Make my husband catch you.
Which one be yeye love again o, when is loving a married woman a bad thing? U should first ask me what kind of love I was talking about. I still love u sha.

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
rtdCivilservant:

Which one be yeye love again o, when is loving a married woman a bad thing? U should first ask me what kind of love I was talking about. I still love u sha.
which kind love ? cheesy winkOya talk am make we hear.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Kennyswag: 2:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Igbos have not mentioned afonja since here, what happened? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Orlu City
Despite our flaws we’ll get there.

Below are the inner city roads of Orlu town

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by rtdCivilservant: 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
which kind love ? cheesy winkOya talk am make we hear.
U know na, the titanic type.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 2:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Ya ga zie gi eze nwanyi.

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 2:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
More

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by oilyngbati(m): 3:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
pazienza:

With misguided parochial folks like you,Ndiigbo don't need external enemies, you and your ilks are big enough to destroy us.

Are you surprised? He’s a bonafide member of the mor.0nic IPOB. They are very good at promoting and ass.licking minorities, while denigrating major tribes in Nigeria. The major tribe hated most by these brainless clowns called Ipob is Igbo. Imagine a grown up fool like the Ikengawo spewing trash here about another Igbo group? Who needs an external enemy when you have an ipob (internet peoples of Biafra)....apologies to Ojiofor here.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bialegend(m): 3:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

That's very uncultured from a people who claim they are the originators of Igbo.

The culture we the Omanbala invented are different from yours. Every group contribution but at different degrees.

We are the northern Igbo or Nri/Awka.
Awka is more related to Enugu people of Igbo than to Nri. Awka dialect sounds more like that of Enugu folks.

3 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
pazienza:

I’m surprised as well. I used to see Idenna, Chino, and Nripriest as unsecured bigots, but never knew Ikengawo would be this clownish. Well, the thread continues despite the initial onslaught of the derailers.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Amah70:
Nigeria’s brutal Civil War ended when the war was about to enter into Orlu senatorial zone.

It’s apt to classify Orlu zone as the soul of Igbo nation because it was in Orlu zone where all surviving Igbos clustered last days of the civil war
Exactly. Ndi-Imo achieved much exploit by recapturing Owerri despite the low morale. Even with the low-morale and starvation we saw the exploits of the Oguta boy who halted the federal forces from attacking Ojukwu’s last base. However, most account written about the civil war talked about the area called Orlu zone. Achebe talked about how he lived in Umundugba towards the end of the war. Much of the foodstuffs the Biafran populace survived with was gotten from Orlu zone. Lastly, Orlu suffered much rains of aeriel bombardment and onslaught from every corner as it was the last forte where Ojukwu still had control over. To the glory of God, we didn’t allow the Nigerian army have Ojukwu’s head on a platter. That would have been a disgraceful end to the war.

4 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bialegend(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
This dialect is spoken in the axis of Nkwerre, Isu, Njaba, Amiri, Umuaka, e.t.c and is quite different from what is spoken in Ihiala, Ihioma, Awo idemiri e.t.c, yet all are lumped together as Orlu.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 4:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bialegend:

This dialect is spoken in the axis of Nkwerre, Isu, Njaba, Amiri, Umuaka, e.t.c and is quite different from what is spoken in Ihiala, Ihioma, Awo idemiri e.t.c, yet all are lumped together as Orlu.
You are wrong. It’s the same thing. What she spoke there is the tongue in Uli, Amorka and other parts of Ihiala. Maybe the spelling got you confused. It’s even the same dialect someone from Uga, Umunze in Aguata speaks. Got to the above villages and you’ll understand clearly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Pictures From The South-East Economic And Security Summit. / NAF Conducts Exercise Steel Dome At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport,Abuja(photos) / 12 Soldiers Killed In Doka, Kaduna Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.