Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Orlu: The Untold Story - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orlu: The Untold Story (24260 Views)

Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / How Boko Haram Killed Soldiers In Borno & Yobe: The Untold Story - Premium Times / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Is it crime for them to be proud of themselves and their heritage.

They might be related to all these places but as at today they are in Anambra state and belonged politically and culturally there in this current federal arrangement.

If there are no states, I should have consisdered your point but for state existing trashes the point.

Soon both Uli and the rest will returned to Ihiala diocese fully both catholic and Anglican.

This liberalism is now leading to something else.
politically yes, culturally big NO.. The Aguleri culture cannot be said to be same with the Ihiala man who shares same culture with his Oru brethren in Imo state.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
Now, tell me how Biafra will work with such envious people? For me, Anambra is big enough to be a nation on its own

Gbam.

And so I hold.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by adadike(f): 8:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

No, the dialects of Nnewi , Ekwusigo and SOME Ihiala are not "almost the same with Orsu , Orlu and Oru". I know Nnewi , Ekwusigo and Ihiala. The Ihiala are related with Orlu etc but not Nnewi and Ekwusigo.
ihialas are not related to them in any way. Even awo idemili that is closer to ihiala is more related to Anambra than orlu
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
politically yes, culturally big NO.. The Aguleri culture cannot be said to be same with the Ihiala man who shares same culture with his Oru brethren in Imo state.

That's why we have commissioner of culture and chieftaincy affairs

Unification can be achieved if aimed at and with years passing by it will gradually evolve to one.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
All that started with Ndi Anambra who openly in everyday contact and communication with other Igbo states elevate themselves to be of purer Igbo stock and better than others. The Imolites are just learning to fight back those narratives recently. For me that's pure stupidity of all Igbos engaged in such narratives and posturing. Before the British delineation into provinces and divisions and later Nigeria creation of states, we were all one and same people with mutually intelligible dialects and devoid of all these pettiness. The Ihiala man is more related to the Orlu man than his brothers in Anambra. Same with parts of Aguata
with Ideato/ Ihetennansa- Orsu people. Ngwa and Mbaise even though in different states have common histories, the Aro is found in almost all igbo states, Isuochi nd Umunze are nearly one, Ogbaru is found in both Anambra parts of Oguta Delta and Rivers in Ndoni. The Oji River man is more related to the Awka than to the Udi or Nkanu man yet in different states.

What makes some of us see ourselves as betters than others is quite stupid and plain silly.

You got history completely wrong. And it is getting tiring to keep seeing Nigerians basically claiming whatever they want and putting a "history" stamp upon it.
Keep Delta state out of your mouth please, historically it has nothing to do with you.

Also, before the arrival of the British, there was no igbo-unity, rather you had a bunch of tribes, not one tribe, several tribes !
Several small tribes who sometimes had languages with enough similarities to understand each other because of the fact their homelands were geographically close.
When the British arrived, they actually had to unite these different tribes in order to rule over them with less efforts. In colonial nigeria, efforts were made to unify the different local languages of the south east into one language.
So don't get history wrong. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bonesking(m): 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Let me advice you. Stop replying some persons with bigoted tendencies. Just allow them be. For your health and sanity. The thread for all I know started with an innocent intention. But those with an habitual attitude of infighting will not allow us rest.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
Now, tell me how Biafra will work with such envious people? For me, Anambra is big enough to be a nation on its own

It will work if only you and every Igbo man respect our common heritage, mutual intelligible language, culture and customs. When Ojukwu was fighting and sponsoring the war, he wasnt looking at it in the prism of Anambra is better, Imo is this, Abakaliki is beaneth others and other nonsense. Go to onitsha and see how people from Okposi and Abakaliki are been treated . E no make sense. We must stop this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
It seems you guys knowledge of history doesn't go passed Nigeria's civil war and even that you don't know very much.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

You got history completely wrong. And it is getting tiring to keep seeing Nigerians basically claiming whatever they want and putting a "history" stamp upon it.
Keep Delta state out of your mouth please, historically it has nothing to do with you.

Also, before the arrival of the British, there was no igbo-unity, rather you had a bunch of tribes, not one tribe, several tribes !
Several small tribes who sometimes had languages with enough similarities to understand each other because of the fact their homelands were geographically close.
When the British arrived, they actually had to unite these different tribes in order to rule over them with less efforts. In colonial nigeria, efforts were made to unify the different local languages of the south east into one language.
Understanding is not your strong point . We are actually saying the same thing . Na u know wetin dey ur mind. Before then; the arrival of the British, was there Anambra, or Imo, or Enugu or Even Delta? What makes the Anambrarian or Imolite feel he is better than igbos from Ebonyi, Abia or even those in Benue , Rivers and Delta states??
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bonesking(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:
It seems you guys knowledge of history doesn't go passed Nigeria's civil war and even that you don't know very much.
Why do you say so?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

Remove yourself here and go back to Bini thread.

You see ur likes here or your kith here.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Remove yourself here and go back to Bini thread.

You see ur likes here or your kith here.

Well I am not Igbo, I am Edo and I was on a thread of my Anioma people and our Oba when some of your hoodlooms came to say rubbish.
Also right here, I responded to some of you who keep dragging us along into your imaginary Igbo country.
Talk about your south-eastern people and let us be
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Understanding is not your strong point . We are actually saying the same thing . Na u know wetin dey ur mind. Before then; the arrival of the British, was there Anambra, or Imo, or Enugu or Even Delta? What makes the Anambrarian or Imolite feel he is better than igbos from Ebonyi, Abia or even those in Benue , Rivers and Delta states??
I think the same could be said about you.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Kinematics: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:
Hian

Oochim

This Orlu madness started since last week...now soul of Igboland.

Let's see what it might be tomorrow.....maybe leg or buttocks of Igboland grin

Spirit of Iboland grin

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

Well I am not Igbo, I am Edo and I was on a thread of my Anioma people and our Oba when some of your hoodlooms came to say rubbish.
Also right here, I responded to some of you who keep dragging us along into your imaginary Igbo country.
This thread is not for perennial landgrabbers. Please stay clear.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

That's why we have commissioner of culture and chieftaincy affairs

Unification can be achieved if aimed at and with years passing by it will gradually evolve to one.
That Unification must be channeled towards the broader Igbo ethnic identity and wherever they are found all over Nigeria. We all have common enemies on multiple fronts and all these internal bickering and competition exposes us to their wicked intentions towards the Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Kinematics: 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

Finally I've seen someone that reason very well. This people history of Nigeria is just civil war.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

I think the same could be said about you.
I for no answer you initially if i no say u no be Igbo person. Abeg carry your ofo ogiri dey go.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
This thread is not for perennial landgrabbers. Please stay clear.
"Lamdgrabbers" isn't that the reputation the Igbos have all over Nigeria ? You guys should take a look at a mirror from time to time. Nobody is more a landgrabber than the Igbo. So you calling anybody landgrabber is just like Hitler calling a deer hunter "murderer".
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

Question 1 and Question 5.

What is the meaning of Anioma in Bini?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 8:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

First born you say?? You still dont get it I see. What part of Anambra happens to be this first born or is it all of Anambra including Amorka or Uli who are clearly Oru or parts of Aguata or Orumba who are more related to Ideato and Isuochi in Imo and Abia states respectively.

When was Anambra state created and why do you think simple mapping makes one people better than others.

Anyone can elevate his or herself but don't go rubbing it on other people's faces like you are better than them.

I dont subscribe to the first born claims but Anambra has rich culture which is very elegant and boisterous on its own. If you understand the nze na ozor institution and the way it elevates the initiate to a noble status , the Anambra man's expectation to join the society and elevate himself then you will understand our thought process. We practice a well painstakingly developed noble culture.

However, the hate towards ndi Anambra started with the marriage thing. In the 70's and , 80's and 90's we were not encouraged to marry from Imo and Ndi Imo hated Anambra for that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Question 1 and Question 5.

What is the meaning of Anioma in Bini?
Question: what is your point ?
What is the meaning of Fulani in Fulani language ?
What is the meaning of Yoruba in oyo language.
What is the meaning of Nigeria in any Nigerian language ?
What is the meaning of Germany in German language ?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
So dumbo, what is your point ?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:
Question 1 and Question 5 failed.

Now to Question 2 and Question 4.
What is the meaning of "Bia" and "Nduka" in Bini?

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Question 1 and Question 5 failed.

Now to Question 2 and Question 4.

What is the meaning of "Bia" and "Nduka" in Bini?

You may have missed this dumbo:

nocomment1:

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
It seems you are stuck in very old talking points which were made by semi illiterates.
Your languages have only recently started to have a written form.
There is actually no logical basis to be using "meanin in this language" as an argument at all. Because very easily you can add a word from an other man's language into the new dictionary of your language.
This is an argument which puts down your old semi illiterate talking point.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
ihialas are not related to them in any way. Even awo idemili that is closer to ihiala is more related to Anambra than orlu

Not all Ihiala towns. for instance , Okija migrated from Idenmili but you know being in that located ushered in a lot of intermarriages and even diffusion of cultures. Even Aro Izuogu borrowed alot of traditions from Anambra groups.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

I dont subscribe to the first born claims but Anambra has rich culture which is very elegant and boisterous on its own. If you understand the nze na ozor institution and the way it elevates the initiate to a noble status , the Anambra man's expectation to join the society and elevate himself then you will understand our thought process. We practice a well painstakingly developed noble culture.

However, the hate towards ndi Anambra started with the marriage thing. In the 70's and , 80's and 90's we were not encouraged to marry from Imo and Ndi Imo hated Anambra for that.
This is what we are saying. Inferiority complex! You abrogated first to yourself. And then abrogated the origin of Nze na Ozo an ancient Igbo culture to yourself. You still went ahead to abrogate Igbo heritage to Nri of yesterday. Now we are hearing how special you are when it comes to marriage.

I don’t know who brought this attitude to Igboland. Neither the Isu, Awka, Nnewi, Aro, Oru, Mbaise, Ngwa, Ikwerre have such tendencies. Something tell me it started with the Onitsha man and today there are at the receiving end.

Signs of inferiority complex.

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
nocomment1:

You may have missed this dumbo:
You are slow.
I am asking you the question since u be Bini.
Ask me what igbo stands in igbo language?
What concerns me with Yoruba and German this man.

Anyway Question 2 and question 4 failed.
Now finally to question 3.
What is is the meaning of the word "Onye ala" in Bini?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

First born you say?? You still dont get it I see. What part of Anambra happens to be this first born or is it all of Anambra including Amorka or Uli who are clearly Oru or parts of Aguata or Orumba who are more related to Ideato and Isuochi in Imo and Abia states respectively.

When was Anambra state created and why do you think simple mapping makes one people better than others.

Anyone can elevate his or herself but don't go rubbing it on other people's faces like you are better than them.

It is not about what part of Anambra... The truth is that in igbo land Anambra is the first person and state in terms of busineess, education, development, commerce and culture

The dialect is the best ... Even other states of Igbo accept this ... So you can argue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

The Nze naOzor institution is also present in Imo. Am very sure of that in parts of Orlu and Ideato. I cant speak for Owerri or Okigwe zone. As for marital discriminations, its everywhere my brother. Even in Imo , such happens between Orlu and Owerri, Mbaise and Owerri. The Ohaji man is even seen as inferior by others. That must stop.

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

You are slow.

I am asking you the question since u be Bini.

Ask me what igbo stands in igbo language?

What concerns me with Yoruba and German this man.

Anyway Question 2 and question 4 failed.

Now finally to question 3.

What is is the meaning of the word "Onye ala" in Bini?

If by Bini you mean Edo then you would be right since Anioma are Edo.
Also, now it seems you are just talking only to talk and not to make sense.

nocomment1:
It seems you are stuck in very old talking points which were made by semi illiterates.
Your languages have only recently started to have a written form.
There is actually no logical basis to be using "meanin in this language" as an argument at all. Because very easily you can add a word from an other man's language into the new dictionary of your language.
This is an argument which puts down your old semi illiterate talking point.

nocomment1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Troops Neutralize Bandits In Kebbi Including Kidnappers Of School Pupils / Cry For Help About The State Of Ogun Roads / We Are Not Responsible For Your Loss, PDP Tells GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.