Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Orlu: The Untold Story - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orlu: The Untold Story (24089 Views)

Abba Kyari: The Untold Story Of President Buhari’s Chief Of Staff / How Boko Haram Killed Soldiers In Borno & Yobe: The Untold Story - Premium Times / The Untold Story Of The Biafran Ogbunigwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bialegend:

Stop talking trash you "one nigeria" bigot. There are no limitations amongst Orlu people except that which was as a result your "one nigeria" trash. Your mentality shows how the village has not left you despite your leaving the village a long time ago. You have no shame posting shanty dilapidated photos of glorified towns as achievements. Google pictures and European, USA, Korean and Japanese towns and cities and see how cities, where humans live, should be, and those people do not have two heads. We are Biafrans and we will replicate the same/similar structures in our land as our towns and cities once Biafra is restored.
Shame brother, shame is on you. If you have traveled other parts of Nigeria, you will never post these. In no part of the South East will u find shanties like elsewhere. We are developing individually even without federal support at a very fast pace. Stop this nonsense as what you are doing is giving others the ammunition against Ndigbo.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Amah70: 6:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bialegend:

Ol'boy, there is nothing like Orlu town. No single place is known as or called Orlu town. What you have or get is different towns in different areas of the place called Orlu. The zone called Orlu doesn't have one single place that is referred to as it's town/city, similar to Aba, Owerri, or Onitsha. If yes, then tell us where this town/city is.
Stop misinforming people here, and moreover, stop posting these dilapidated roads and buildings that are more of glorified shanty/dusty places. When Biafra is restored, we shall build what is called towns and cities. For now, it will be difficult to build anything that resembles a city under "one nigeria" nonsense.

The area where Holy Trinity Catholic Cathedral, Bishop Shanahan College, Ojike Memorial Secondary School, Girls Secondary School, Imopoly campus are - that’s the area known as Orlu town.

But you will not know when you move from Orlu town to neighboring Umuna, Amaifeke and Mgbee that are all parts of Orlu urban LGA.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
pazienza:

If an Uga person speaks his dialect in Idemili, we will label him "Onye IMO" immediately.
If you are honest, you will agree those people in Nnewi south LGA are more or less of same stock as people in IMO. There is even a town called "Ebenato" there. "Ato" we know is IMO dialects cluster way of saying "Ito" which is three in English.
Uga speak like Akokwa and Arondizuogu people, who speak like their Okigwe neighbours.
Either way, the whole language sound "Imoish" and not quintessential "Anambra dialects" used in Idemii-Njikoka-Dunukofia-Anaocha-Oyi-Onitsha cluster where "fa" and not "ha" is used.
You are also correct. Parts of Nnewi south , Ekwusigo, and all of Ihiala LGAs used to be under Orlu division of Owerri Province. Their dialects are also almost the same with Orsu, Orlu and Oru which are border LGAs in Imo state. A lot of kith and kins were separated while states were being apportioned. For example, Orsumoghu in Anambra and Umuhuokabia(Lazarus Mouka community) in Imo states are brothers same as isseke - Ibiasiegbe -Amorka, Ubulu yet partitionrd into different states.

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Amah70:

The area where Holy Trinity Catholic Cathedral, Bishop Shanahan College, Ojike Memorial Secondary School, Girls Secondary School, Imopoly campus are - that’s the area known as Orlu town.

But you will not know when you move from Orlu town to neighboring Umuna, Amaifeke and Mgbee that are all parts of Orlu urban LGA.
This area is Orlu- gedegwum town(Ishiobiuwku) starting from the local govt office at Enugu road down to Eluama and Abor village bordered by Amike Town . I wrote about them in my thread on the origin of the Orlu nomenclature. People from this place find it hard to tell outsiders even in Orlu LGA that they are from Orlu Town. They will always be asked what part of Orlu. Lol

https://www.nairaland.com/6352206/re-only-city-12-l.g.a
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bonessaw:
You are correct. However, how do you tell the difference between what a man from Uli speaks to what a man from Umuaka speak? Not much differece i think .
Big difference
Example: in saying " That is not it"

The Umuaka and other isu dialect speakers will say -" Owuduyii, Owuduya," etc"

Amifieke, Okporo ,Ihioma down to Ihiala Uli(Oru dialects) will say " Ooowuoya"

2. Where are you coming from:
Umuaka/ Isu - " Ele ebe ishi abiaga", "Ebe kishi"

Oru dialects will say - "belee ki si", some will say "bolee ki si"

3. Not me
Umuaka/ Isu: "Owudumu", some will say "Ondumu" and some will say" Ogbudumu"

Oru: "Oowomu"

E plenty.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 6:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bialegend:

Awka is more related to Enugu people of Igbo than to Nri. Awka dialect sounds more like that of Enugu folks.

No, Awka speak like their immediate Anambra neighbors. Awka doesnt speak like Enugu people. Stop being over simplistic just like a person that claims Onicha speaks Enuani dialect which is a fat lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
I’m surprised as well. I used to see Idenna, Chino, and Nripriest as unsecured bigots, but never knew Ikengawo would be this clownish. Well, the thread continues despite the initial onslaught of the derailers.

I am not insecured because I am from Umuoji , Idenmili with very rich and elegant culture. Ours neighbors are Obosi , Oba ,Ogidi , Ojoto , Uke and Nkpor and we have an enviable culture like our Anambra brothers. We are just proud and defend our priceless culture with every strength. If wanting the best for Anambra makes me a "bigot" then so be it , after all you ndi Imo despise us and that ok by me because I dont care how you feel.

You created a thread with a misleading title , made nonfactual statements and I tried to correct you but you ignored it.

You lots have continued to attack ndi Anambra on facebook just because of their love for their culture/language. The moment a person says they love Anambra dialects you attack them and tell them to shut up. Show some pride and leave us the hell alone. Did you see an Anambra man says he isnt Igbo ? Yet , you lot keep attacking just for saying we love our home land and culture. Its sickening !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Big difference
Example: in saying " That is not it"

The Umuaka and other isu dialect speakers will say -" Owuduyii, Owuduya," etc"

Amifieke, Okporo ,Ihioma down to Ihiala Uli(Oru dialects) will say " Ooowuoya"

2. Where are you coming from:
Umuaka/ Isu - " Ele ebe ishi abiaga", "Ebe kishi"

Oru dialects will say - "belee ki si", some will say "bolee ki si"

3. Not me
Umuaka/ Isu: "Owudumu", some will say "Ondumu" and some will say" Ogbudumu"

Oru: "Oowomu"

E plenty.
You answered the others guys question properly. You seem to understand the difference. Looking at the way you interpreted it, you deserve all the credit. Because from the last time I checked, that’s how the Oru speak theirs, which is slightly different from that spoken in the core Isu. Did you by chance grew up in the villa?
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
You are wrong. It’s the same thing. What she spoke there is the tongue in Uli, Amorka and other parts of Ihiala. Maybe the spelling got you confused. It’s even the same dialect someone from Uga, Umunze in Aguata speaks. Got to the above villages and you’ll understand clearly.

You are wrong, they have related dialect but I can tell when and Ihiala or Uli person speaks. There is a clear difference is dialects in that area. But , the similarity is expected because that area is where Anambra and Imo dialects meet.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

You are wrong, they have related dialect but I can tell when and Ihiala or Uli person speaks. There is a clear difference is dialects in that area. But , the similarity is expected because that area is where Anambra and Imo dialects meet.
Ok, you made a point here.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
pazienza:

Umunze are in Orumba South and not Aguata.

I tried to correct him but he wouldn't listen. Aguata/Ekwulobia/Orumba dialects are only spoken in Anambra and its very unique. I know these people so well because I have lived and interacted with them for decades. Its even somewhat similar to the way Awka people speaks , thats if you know Awka very well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

I am not insecured because I am from Umuoji , Idenmili with very rich and elegant culture. Ours neighbors are Obosi , Oba ,Ogidi , Ojoto , Uke and Nkpor and we have an enviable culture like our Anambra brothers. We are just proud and defend our priceless culture with every strength. If wanting the best for Anambra makes me a "bigot" then so be it , after all you ndi Imo despise us and that ok by me because I dont care how you feel.

You created a thread with a misleading title , made nonfactual statements and I tried to correct you but you ignored it.

You lots have continued to attack ndi Anambra on facebook just because of their love for their culture/language. The moment a person says they love Anambra dialects you attack them and tell them to shut up. Show some pride and leave us the hell alone. Did you see an Anambra man says he isnt Igbo ? Yet , you lot keep attacking just for saying we love our home land and culture. Its sickening !
Read up your post and you’ll see the insecurity written all over it. Why will you jump to derail a thread when you don’t know the content of it. You may not have started it, but the insecure ones from your place almost made a mess of it from the word go. The attitude you displayed from your onslaught was why the likes of Ikengawo showed his own bad side. And I was deeply disappointed with him.

The phrase “Soul of Igbo nation” is correct. Those before you were not wrong to call the area where the Isu, Oru and Orsu inhabited by such name. The location of Orlu in the heart of Igboland and its reputation as the last place to surrender during the war is appropriate. Even if a 2nd war is fought tomorrow, Orlu will still remain the last vestige to bow to foreign occupation. Right from antiquity when Benin, Igala were encroaching Igbo territories, Orlu despite closer to the River Niger where the Jukun-Igala navy ran riot and where the Benin migrants spread their tentacle was unaffected. Why did you think Orlu was unaffected? One, its large swat of forest, two its population, three its bravery, and four the River Niger to which the Oru’s navigated up to the mouth of the atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 7:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
You answered the others guys question properly. You seem to understand the difference. Looking at the way you interpreted it, you deserve all the credit. Because from the last time I checked, that’s how the Oru speak theirs, which is slightly different from that spoken in the core Isu. Did you by chance grew up in the villa?
Thanks brother. I grew up in the north though, Kano precisely but i spend 50% of my time in the East and travel around like kilode.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
Thanks brother. I grew up in the north though, Kano precisely but i spend 50% of my time in the East and travel around like kilode.
I’m really impressed with how you understand the language. I too didn’t grow up in the village. I’m a lagos born and brought up but can speak my dialect even in the dream.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
You are also correct. Parts of Nnewi south , Ekwusigo, and all of Ihiala LGAs used to be under Orlu division of Owerri Province. Their dialects are also almost the same with Orsu, Orlu and Oru which are border LGAs in Imo state. A lot of kith and kins were separated while states were being apportioned. For example, Orsumoghu in Anambra and Umuhuokabia(Lazarus Mouka community) in Imo states are brothers same as isseke - Ibiasiegbe -Amorka, Ubulu yet partitionrd into different states.

No, the dialects of Nnewi , Ekwusigo and SOME Ihiala are not "almost the same with Orsu , Orlu and Oru". I know Nnewi , Ekwusigo and Ihiala. The Ihiala are related with Orlu etc but not Nnewi and Ekwusigo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
I’m really impressed with how you understand the language. I too didn’t grow up in the village. I’m a lagos born and brought up but can speak my dialect even in the dream.
v it helps especially when you do business that takes you deep into villages.You easily blend in. I have mastered most central Anambra , Owerri and Mbaise dialects too. Ngwa and Abia dialects are my next target. Very difficult i must say.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Emlproperties: 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
v it helps especially when you do business that takes you deep into villages.You easily blend in. I have mastered most central Anambra , Owerri and Mbaise dialects too. Ngwa and Abia dialects are my next target. Very difficult i must say.
Lol! I’m really impressed.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
Emlproperties:
Read up your post and you’ll see the insecurity written all over it. Why will you jump to derail a thread when you don’t know the content of it. You may not have started it, but the insecure ones from your place almost made a mess of it from the word go. The attitude you displayed from your onslaught was why the likes of Ikengawo showed his own bad side. And I was deeply disappointed with him.

The phrase “Soul of Igbo nation” is correct. Those before you were not wrong to call the area where the Isu, Oru and Orsu inhabited by such name. The location of Orlu in the heart of Igboland and its reputation as the last place to surrender during the war is appropriate. Even if a 2nd war is fought tomorrow, Orlu will still remain the last vestige to bow to foreign occupation. Right from antiquity when Benin, Igala were encroaching Igbo territories, Orlu despite closer to the River Niger where the Jukun-Igala navy ran riot and where the Benin forces spread their tentacle was unaffected. Why did you think Orlu was unaffected? One, its large swat of forest, two its population, three its bravery, and four the River Niger to which the Oru’s navigated up to the mouth of the atlantic.

An Umuoji man can never be insecure , you called me insecure that why I am replying you. And no , Anambra man can never be insecure because we are too loaded with amazing cultures , wealth and super stars in all field. You just hate our proudness. However, that is your own problem.

All these stuff you are writing is irrelevant. I am just here to correct you. And , no , Orlu is not the soul of Igbo nation because you have absolutely nothing to qualify you as the soul. Stop assigning titles to yourselves. And , no , you arent brave. Aro sold you like chickens to Anglo Saxons including Jaja , Olauda. Go and read your history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

Very bad habit but not only on Facebook but on twitter.

Some even threatened to report and pull down Anambra Facebook page ..

I don't really know their problem..

2 Likes

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 7:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

No, the dialects of Nnewi , Ekwusigo and SOME Ihiala are not "almost the same with Orsu , Orlu and Oru". I know Nnewi , Ekwusigo and Ihiala. The Ihiala are related with Orlu etc but not Nnewi and Ekwusigo.
i said parts not all. Like Ihembosi
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ikenga-Awo , who loves to attack Anambra used Anambra deity , Ikenga as a moniker. You dont know your history and your lords. If you piss me off I will show you your true fathers. Nonsense! I have always noticed its always you Ndi Imo that continued to attack us for no reason.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
i said parts not all. Like Ihembosi

Okay.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by IDENNAA(m): 8:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

There is this young chic from Nnobi that always makes videos and speaks that smooth silky Anambra dialects and people would always leave a comment and say they love her dialect. Ol',boy , come see attack. "its Igbo not Anambra", "why are you discriminating", "Anambra people are the problem of Igbo".....nna, na wetin we do?

And , somebody said we are insecure ? I dont think so.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

Door mind them, they keep attacking Anambra.... Ndi nzuzu
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 8:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
IDENNAA:

There is this young chic from Nnobi that always makes videos and speaks that smooth silky Anambra dialects and people would always leave a comment and say they love her dialect. Ol',boy , come see attack. "its Igbo not Anambra", "why are you discriminating", "Anambra people are the problem of Igbo".....nna, na wetin we do?

And , somebody said we are insecure ? I dont think so.

Anambra dialect rock... Imagine Flavor, P Square or Phyno or Ill Bliss singing in MBAISE or Ngwa or Ohaji language

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

All that started with Ndi Anambra who openly in everyday contact and communication with other Igbo states elevate themselves to be of purer Igbo stock and better than others. The Imolites are just learning to fight back those narratives recently. For me that's pure stupidity of all Igbos engaged in such narratives and posturing. Before the British delineation into provinces and divisions and later Nigeria creation of states, we were all one and same people with mutually intelligible dialects and devoid of all these pettiness. The Ihiala man is more related to the Orlu man than his brothers in Anambra. Same with parts of Aguata
with Ideato/ Ihetennansa- Orsu people. Ngwa and Mbaise even though in different states have common histories, the Aro is found in almost all igbo states, Isuochi nd Umunze are nearly one, Ogbaru is found in both Anambra parts of Oguta Delta and Rivers in Ndoni. The Oji River man is more related to the Awka than to the Udi or Nkanu man yet in different states.

What makes some of us see ourselves as betters than others is quite stupid and plain silly.

1 Like

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:

The problem with us igbo is that we have refused to evolve... The Germanic tribes were separated in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Swiss alps and their have taken these identities of these countries

If the villages you mentioned are in Anambra today, theey are simply Anambra and theey have relationship with other Anambra villages based on political identity and proximity ... That is the truth..

Anambra villages are related to Anioma towns .. but

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by ariesbull: 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
All that started with Ndi Anambra who openly in everyday contact and communication with other Igbo states elevate themselves to be of purer igbo stock and better than others. The imolites are just learning to fight back those narratives recently. For me that's pure stupidity of all igbos engaged in such narratives and posturing. Before the british delimeation into provinces and divisions and later Nigeria creation of states, we were all one and same people with mutually intelligible dualects and deviod of all this pettiness. The ihiala man is more related to the Orlu man than his brothers in Anambra. Same with parts of Aguata
with Ideato/ Ihetennansa- Orsu people. Ngwa and Mbaise even though in different states have common histories, the Aro is found in almost all igbo states, Isuochi nd Umunze are nearly one, Ogbaru is found in both Anambra parts of Oguta Delta and Rivers in Ndoni. The Oji River man is more related to the Awka than to the Udi or Nkanu man yet in different states.

What makes some of us see ourselves as betters than others is quite stupid and plain silly.

Let other igbo elevate themselves period.... Anambra is the igbo first born . That is what many igbo say and that is the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Juicegal:
All that started with Ndi Anambra who openly in everyday contact and communication with other Igbo states elevate themselves to be of purer Igbo stock and better than others. The Imolites are just learning to fight back those narratives recently. For me that's pure stupidity of all Igbos engaged in such narratives and posturing. Before the British delineation into provinces and divisions and later Nigeria creation of states, we were all one and same people with mutually intelligible dialects and devoid of all these pettiness. The Ihiala man is more related to the Orlu man than his brothers in Anambra. Same with parts of Aguata

Is it crime for them to be proud of themselves and their heritage.

They might be related to all these places but as at today they are in Anambra state and belonged politically and culturally there in this current federal arrangement.

If there are no states, I should have consisdered your point but for state existing trashes the point.

Soon both Uli and the rest will returned to Ihiala diocese fully both catholic and Anglican.

This liberalism is now leading to something else.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Juicegal(f): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
ariesbull:

Let other igbo elevate themselves period.... Anambra is the igbo first born . That is what many igbo say and that is the truth

First born you say?? You still dont get it I see. What part of Anambra happens to be this first born or is it all of Anambra including Amorka or Uli who are clearly Oru or parts of Aguata or Orumba who are more related to Ideato and Isuochi in Imo and Abia states respectively.

When was Anambra state created and why do you think simple mapping makes one people better than others.

Anyone can elevate his or herself but don't go rubbing it on other people's faces like you are better than them.
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by adadike(f): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Now, tell me how Biafra will work with such envious people? For me, Anambra is big enough to be a nation on its own
Re: Orlu: The Untold Story by Bonesking(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ekeleke

Like Owu, Ekeleke is another festival popular in many Orlu zone villages. However, the dancers wear high sticks on their leg, while dancing and performing stunts with their faces covered. Ekeleke is also celebrated in other parts of Imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IC1km9WjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FEKkKo2oI

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Oduduwa Agitators Storm Court To Disrupt Ekiti Governorship Election / Atiku Arrives In Anambra For PDP Presidential Campaign / No Short Cut To Naira Appreciation, Says Ned Nwoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.