Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence (23290 Views)

ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities / Education And Academics: The Difference You Really Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Hotbutt(f): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
I dislike Nudity.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by mechanics(m): 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
The governor of Lagos State did very well for the gifts he gave to the best graduate for BSc and MSc.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Damisam93(m): 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
gopel8052:

They already have a future and trajectory in Nigeria looking at what's popular. grin

Bobrisky will become president
Oloshos will be the economic engine
Yahoo boys will take over the House of assembly
grin grin

Education and entertainment are good but when naija got it wrong is that they ignore other sectors and focus on entertainment only. Developed nations always balance things up, that is why European football is making wave around the globe but they still place high priority on human development and education.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Newman20(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
I really feel bad for the dumb Naira landers on the front page demonizing the entertainment industry.

Like a fellow on the second page said the industry makes money because people like to be entertained and will pay any amount to receive said entertainment. It is the up to innovative people to create the entertainment people look for.

Academic excellence is good in its own right but it will NEVER generate as much money for the people working in it as the entertainment industry.

Fin

Said by Newman20

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by ModestGal(f): 7:32pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hmmn, best graduating student means out of more than 100,000 students, he leads, meanwhile bbn are not more than 50, the winner is been awarded with lots and lots.

I would say, entertainment industry is doing better than educational industry, and thus people should wise up. School is a scam
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by pegix(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
ebere89:
Op you know what. the kind of educational system we africans accepted brought to us by Europeans , is a non values abhorring educational system where we learn the exploits of the white Europeans as science. A system that makes you more subservient to your slave master. So don't cry fowl when your polticians value BBN and denigrate the educational system.
have you not seen the pin pon the federal government have been playing on ASUU head lately.
My guy i go agree with u jare
Na true u tok sha embarassed embarassed
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by PericomaNwankwo: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
If the organisers of those bbn shows were no academics, you don't expect them to appreciate intelligence. They'll appreciate what is like them
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by pegix(m): 7:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
BestOne344:
May God help us
Amen o...d matter get as be e
Las last we go dey aiit
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by winnah(f): 7:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
And after getting the education, what next?

School teach u how to come out and be a job seeker instead of being a job provider.

If everyone comes out with good grade expecting to get a better job, who will provide the job.

Don't get me wrong, am not undermining the place of getting a good grade.

We should rather celebrate the research work done by this fellow.... Bro... It's not about coming out with best grade, it should be all about the potential of being able to solve a problem.

Best graduating student often comes out of school seeking for a job.... How many of them owns a company....

Now,I love the part were u said, "politicians should stop buying motorcycle for citizens as empowerment." What I do think it's right to do, is to graciously encourage those graduates and undergraduate who seek the path of solving real time problem both for the now and future (research).
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Omezif(m): 7:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Laycon is lucky guy
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by winnah(f): 7:50pm On Jan 10, 2021
God bless you sir. What value have they brought to the table. Who many jobs have they created.

We should rather celebrate their research work rather than who graduated top of his/her class.

And after getting the education, what next?

School teach u how to come out and be a job seeker instead of being a job provider.

If everyone comes out with good grade expecting to get a better job, who will provide the job.

It's not about coming out with best grade, it should be all about the potential of being able to solve a problem.

Best graduating student often comes out of school seeking for a job.... How many of them owns a company....

bunnae66:
To the best of my knowledge all bbn participants are graduates so what's the big deal

You get first class, how many of our problems you don solve?

Abeg park well o
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by allandutch: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

As far as this generation is concern, nudity pays more. It's the new oil

As the century progress, 1 nudity will be equal to 100BTC undecided

In your dreams pal, in your dreams.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
Damisam93:

Education and entertainment is good but when naija got it wrong is that they ignore other sectors and focus on entertainment only. Developed nations always balance things up, that is why European football is making wave around the globe but they still place high priority on human development and education.

Exactly bro , entertainment is just that, only a few make it.

Then there's bad entertainment, the type that is bad for development.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Komu1048(m): 8:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/n5m-to-celebrate-nudity-n5m-for-mental-excellence/amp/

Bros, the best graduating student in my department that year is still in Al-kimah grammar school. He takes physics, maths, basic science, basic Tech, do extra lesson and private teacher to earn 35,000 per month.

Whereas Jude that wasn’t serious and finish with 3rd class. He use his whole year at school to womanize, club, party and only show up for test and exam sef na expo. He now works with Huawei, own his house and 2exotic cars. This life no balance at all
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by allandutch: 8:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hotbutt:
I dislike Nudity.

*Yinmu*

HotButt wey no like nudity. Dey deceive yourself.

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by chatinent: 8:13pm On Jan 10, 2021
Misplaced priority.

Stupid country.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Stallion93(m): 8:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Myer:

Entertainment has always been more celebrated than Academics.
Sports is even more ridiculous. Imagine paying 500million euros just for a player to come and be kicking a ball

But atleast this is a good development from the gov.
Very true, That’s how the human brain is wired i guess, People who work hard even Keep out time to Enjoy hard as well. Who no like better thing?

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by beeboy09(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
The Author of this post is a big FOOL.
God has said he will use foolish things to outsmart the wise.
You are a sample of a wise being dumbfounded by foolish things.
Suck it up and search for your own relevance.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by helicoptarr: 8:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Pickieox:
We shall not forget Lekki Toll Gate saga. All these to save face and be in the good book of the hoi polloi grin grin grin

Beware of diversion, shey na him money ni? No bè our (government) money e dey spend?

See as the masses are so easy to manipulate...

What is the possibility that the governor would do this if there was no Endsar issue?

Every nation gets the government it deserves.
- Joseph de Maistre

grin grin grin
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by NairalandSARS: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
Why should academic excellence be rewarded?
Your first class is for yourself. It is its own reward.
Removing the "matthew effect", the best graduating students are not always better than their colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Hasib04(m): 8:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
officialsaw01:
I'm dedicating this FTC to my padi hasib04, top notch digital farmer....

Thanks Boss.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Etudy: 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
This is the reason why I believed that Bola Tinubu can actually make a good president he seems to surrounded by highly active people.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Bimpe29: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sanwo Olu facilitated and encouraged goodness while Abiodun promoted immorality.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
E je a ma bawon so, ki won ma se wu iwa ibaje mo o
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Pickieox(m): 8:56pm On Jan 10, 2021
helicoptarr:

See as the masses are so easy to manipulate...

What is the possibility that the governor would do this if there was no Endsar issue?

Every nation gets the government it deserves.
- Joseph de Maistre

grin grin grin

Can we blame the yoots. No! They have been brainwashed via all these moribund ivory towers which train them to think and reason like a programmed robot. What can they do? They can't think outside the box...

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by GetMeRight: 8:57pm On Jan 10, 2021
edoairways:
Other governors shouldn't. . They haven't upgraded their schools yet you admonished cash giving

I don't see how rewarding excellence prevents them from upgrading the schools' facilities. You can clamour for that too
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by GetMeRight: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
NairalandSARS:
Why should academic excellence be rewarded?
Your first class is for yourself
. It is its own reward.
Removing the "matthew effect", the best graduating students are not always better than their colleagues.

It's called motivation. It's even more important and essential now than ever that many youth don't see any success coming out of having education and certificates
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by GetMeRight: 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
Newman20:
I really feel bad for the dumb Naira landers on the front page demonizing the entertainment industry.

Like a fellow on the second page said the industry makes money because people like to be entertained and will pay any amount to receive said entertainment. It is the up to innovative people to create the entertainment people look for.

Academic excellence is good in its own right but it will NEVER generate as much money for the people working in it as the entertainment industry.

Fin

Said by Newman20

No nation can progress without giving priority to education.

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by GetMeRight: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
beeboy09:
The Author of this post is a big FOOL.
God has said he will use foolish things to outsmart the wise.
You are a sample of a wise being dumbfounded by foolish things.
Suck it up and search for your own relevance.

Someone's response to a topic on public forum. Hmmmm!

1 Like

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by madjune(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2021
Entertainment can't develop any economy in the 21st century.

Only scientific exploits and innovations.

Enough said.

If Nigeria loves its future generation, it should prioritize its economic investments.
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by NairalandSARS: 9:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
GetMeRight:

It's called motivation. It's even more important and essential now than ever that many youth don't see any success coming out of having education and certificates
Why should be motivated instead of their colleagues?
I understand motivation after scholarship exams, but no graduating first class.
Like I said, it is a reward by itself as have an advantage in getting interviews, research grants etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Bar II 2016/2017 / Please I Need Help In Balancing These Equations / JAMB: Farook Kperogi's Suggestion On UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.