Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World (57537 Views)

Nigeria Has 2nd Highest rate of Paternity Fraud In The World / DNA Centre Sheds Light On Child Paternity Fraud In Nigeria / Tunde Ayeni & Adaobi Alagwu In Paternity Tussle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by EMMY76: 12:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
After God fear women imagine suffering for years to train up children in ur home only to later discover that the kids are not even urs. undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by EMMY76: 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
After God fear women imagine suffering for years to train up children in ur home only to find out later the kids are not even urs. undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by apple30(f): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Be truthful to yourself. In any brothel in Yoruba land,what percentage do you notice are Igbos undecided
if u see truth talk am inrespective of ur tribe..an average married Igbo woman can decide to be promiscuous ,damning all d consequences to cheat on dere husband for money,promotion. , but an average Yoruba married woman can f u.ck for no reason ,can fu ck dere neighbor for leaving too close,can fu ck dere tenant ,can Bleep dere bro in-law ,can fu ck dere own son friends,can fu ck dere husband friends etc..CU's dey is no tradition or so ever against it..aside wat pple will say..dey will end it with baba oko mi,ore oko mi,using dere highly respective nature to deceive pple...oluwa this oluwa dat ..yimmu..
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Jimmy231: 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

Be truthful to yourself. In any brothel in Yoruba land,what percentage do you notice are Igbos undecided
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by EMMY76: 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
After God fear women imagine suffering for years to train up children in ur own home only to later find out that the kids are not even urs.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
BENEAMATA:
Amen , thanks for the early morning prayer .
Speaking of which , everyone that is alright won't interprete the sambarry I use to mean anything less than SOMEBODY in adding a funny , street slang to my post and definitely not your own clearly SAMBARRY written in capital letters . Gone back to the original post to modify anyway , good morning , hope you had a good night sleep ? We thank God .
sambarry is a name of a very important personality in Africa and globally cool

Oshe cool
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by EMMY76: 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
After God fear women imagine suffering for years to train children in ur home only to later find out that the kids are not even urs.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Norski15: 1:20pm On Jan 11, 2021
Who should be blamed on this one #Buhari or #Economy.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by PAQ(m): 2:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Could this also be the reason why Nigeria also has the highest child birth & maternal mortality rates in the world??

Karma is a real biatch!!
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by WoundedLamb: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

The same old tired clichés:

"Women are soft and cuddly things and should not be held to account for their pretence and deceit. Look how cute they are and how vulnerable in front of all those big strong men who seduce and overpower them into bed and later abandon them. They are forced to protect themselves from their illicit wildcat pregnancies by deceiving their husbands. Totally not their faults, but the faults of those men who seduced them in the first place".

It would be great if you could point out the part of my post that slightly suggests it's not the woman's fault but the man's fault. I believe the problem here is that most of you are intricately wired to be combative and defensive. You're all bent on presenting men as infallible and anyone that tries to shed light on the men's contribution to the societal menace is automatically an enemy that must be attacked.

I presented the logic behind my perspective. You could have presented a counter logic if you had any. But you'd rather degenerate the discussion into the usual Nairaland tastless, testosterone driven, frivolous discussion, and I'm not good at that. I said when two people have sex, both should be held accountable and not just the one that got pregnant. I believe that was clear enough.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by GboyegaD(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
OChimex:

The statistics are from the number of people that have done the test.

It is called sampling techniques in statistical analysis where you can use a smaller sample figure to arrive at a result.

This technique is also usually used to count animals or insects in the bush

The sampling in this case is extremity bias and no inference can be made based on such. The size is not representative in any way. In Yoruba, this is called 'awawi' which implies trying to trend at all cost. We deserve better than people just throwing statistics around carelessly.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
WoundedLamb:

It would be great if you could point out the part of my post that slightly suggests it's not the woman's fault but the man's fault. I believe the problem here is that most of you are intricately wired to be combative and defensive. You're all bent on presenting men as infallible and anyone that tries to shed light on the men's contribution to the societal menace is automatically an enemy that must be attacked.

I presented the logic behind my perspective. You could have presented a counter logic if you had any. But you'd rather degenerate the discussion into the usual Nairaland tastless, testosterone driven, frivolous discussion, and I'm not good at that. I said when two people have sex, both should be held accountable and not just the one that got pregnant. I believe that was clear enough.

Your logic was clear enough, but you shifted the goal post, for the sole purpose of bringing the lover into the scene and holding him equally culpable for the crime of paternity fraud; which is entirely fallacious. The argument is not about finding the guilty party in the act of extra marital sex; obviously both are guilty there; no question. The argument is all about finding the guilty party in paternity fraud, which is the subject of this thread. The 'logic' you presented was about an entirely different crime altogether, and you deceitfully tried to portray the man as guilty of the second crime by association. Your actual 'logic' was; "he was guilty of the first crime, and the first crime led to a situation, which led to the second crime. Therefore, he must be guilty of the second crime as well". False, ma! ... and maybe if I show you why, you can have more faith in the logic behind tasteless, testosterone filled Nairaland responses.

Let me give you an analogy. I persuade you to go to a bar with me pay for lots of drinks. We both get roaring drunk; which is a natural known consequence of so many shots of expensive vodka. Afterwards, YOU choose to drive back home, subsequently get into an accident and run over a pedestrian, killing him. Now question for you: Am I also guilty of negligent manslaughter because I drank with you, and even bought you drinks?
Now reapply your logic here. The answer is...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by WoundedLamb: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
Regex:

What do you it's only women that get pregnant hence not an equal playing ground?

Do you stand in the middle of the road so that you can blame a car for hitting you? You are very much aware if a car hit you, you'd be dead hence your need for safety. There are measures to take for this case of pregnancy in women which is called protection (condom, contraceptives and morning after pills) that are accessible to women. What stops those married women from taking those drugs?

You are making it look as if it's men responsibility for women not to get pregnant against their wish. It's a not so OK.

When it comes to sex and flaunting body parts, it becomes "It's my body" , but when it comes to the consequences, men have to take responsibility of a body that isn't his.

When you two consenting adults have sex, both should be held accountable. This is the summary of everything I said. I'm not blaming the man alone.Your analogy is a bit off cause that would be an accident (at least for one of the parties) except you're saying the driver and the person on the road agreed to orchestrate the entire thing. I am, nevertheless, not surprised by that analogy cause that's exactly the picture the guys onhere try to paint. Y'all present men as the innocent driver who accidentally hit on a careless or suicidal road user.

Sexual relationship, on the other hand, is not an accident. It's a consensual activity between two parties who had options but decided to do it. By hinging your blame on getting pregnant alone, you're making it look as if a woman having sex with another man is no longer the problem provided she doesn't get pregnant. We both know that's not case. The root problem is the sex between a married person and another who isn't the spouse. The pregnancy phase is only a consequence of that action. Starting your blame from that phase would only be a deliberate attempt to exonerate the parties involved in the first phase cause you believe one party can be held culpable as far as getting pregnant is concerned. But even at that, I believe both parties share the responsibility of avoiding unwanted pregnancy. The man could use condom, the woman could take drugs. I agree only the woman bears the consequences but I don't see anything wrong in blaming these parties for the consequences of their action.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Regex: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
WoundedLamb:

When you two consenting adults have sex, both should be held accountable. This is the summary of everything I said. I'm not blaming the man alone.Your analogy is a bit off cause that would be an accident (at least for one of the parties) except you're saying the driver and the person on the road agreed to orchestrate the entire thing. I am, nevertheless, not surprised by that analogy cause that's exactly the picture the guys onhere try to paint. Y'all present men as the innocent driver who accidentally hit on a careless or suicidal road user.

Sexual relationship, on the other hand, is not an accident. It's a consensual activity between two parties who had options but decided to do it. By hinging your blame on getting pregnant alone, you're making it look as if a woman having sex with another man is no longer the problem provided she doesn't get pregnant. We both know that's not case. The root problem is the sex between a married person and another who isn't the spouse. The pregnancy phase is only a consequence of that action. Starting your blame from that phase would only be a deliberate attempt to exonerate the parties involved in the first phase cause you believe one party can be held culpable as far as getting pregnant is concerned. But even at that, I believe both parties share the responsibility of avoiding unwanted pregnancy. The man could use condom, the woman could take drugs. I agree only the woman bears the consequences but I don't see anything wrong in blaming these parties for the consequences of their action.

Why shouldn't I blame both parties? Why shouldn't I blame the married woman more? Is a married woman supposed to break her marital vows?

If the man refuses to use condom, then the woman should be blamed for having that sex when she could insist on "the no condom no sex". Let's first look at STDs that could kill and restrict one like HIV.

I don't understand how a woman could insist you first provide her with whatever she is willing to exchange with sex but would never insist on condom or contraceptive. Na wa oh.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by WoundedLamb: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Your logic was clear enough, but you shifted the goal post, for the sole purpose of bringing the lover into the scene and holding him equally culpable for the crime of paternity fraud; which is entirely fallacious. The argument is not about finding the guilty party in the act of extra marital sex; obviously both are guilty there; no question. The argument is all about finding the guilty party in paternity fraud, which is the subject of this thread. The 'logic' you presented was about an entirely different crime altogether, and you deceitfully tried to portray the man as guilty of the second crime by association. Your actual 'logic' was; "he was guilty of the first crime, and the first crime led to a situation, which led to the second crime. Therefore, he must be guilty of the second crime as well". False, ma! ... and maybe if I show you why, you can have more faith in the logic behind tasteless, testosterone filled Nairaland responses.

Let me give you an analogy. I persuade you to go to a bar with me pay for lots of drinks. We both get roaring drunk; which is a natural known consequence of so many shots of expensive vodka. Afterwards, YOU choose to drive back home, subsequently get into an accident and run over a pedestrian, killing him. Now question for you: Am I also guilty of negligent manslaughter because I drank with you, and even bought you drinks?
Now reapply your logic here. The answer is...

First, thank you for coming back with a well detail response. I respect that in as much as I might not agree with you. Point of correction, I'm a man. Though I don't think my gender matters cause I believe we're being logical and not sentimental.

I'm not shifting the goal post. Paternity fraud could be viewed as a family problem or as a societal menace. However, for the sake of a comprehensive solution, I only decided to see the big picture. When you consider paternity fraud as a problem between a man and his wife, then the man would clearly be the victim even if he's a cheat himself. This bit is not disputable. However, when we say "Nigeria has been ranked the second...", then it makes sense to also see it as a societal menace that must be addressed comprehensively. In that case, all the parties involved must be reprimanded. At a societal level, you can no longer treat the affected family in isolation cause an innocent man in the affected family is only suffering cause of what his wife did with a not-so-innocent man. If we blame only the wife and ignore that not-so-innocent man, he will do it again with another person's wife.

Regarding your analogy, I don't think it fits in. In fact, it's a determined attempt to leave men blameless. Drinking with your friends (phase one) is not considered wrong. The only wrong thing is driving when drunk (phase two) and that would be your fault. Again, driving home while drunk is not a consequence of drinking with friends. It's a different choice made by one party after the joint session. He could have slept over and called uber. However, with extramarital sex, it's entirely a different ball game. The sex itself (phase one) is considered wrong so all the parties involved are already guilty even if it doesn't lead to pregnancy. Getting pregnant is a consequence of that phase. Contrary to your analogy, the woman didn't just decide to get pregnant after the sex. If semen was deposited during the first phase, she's got no choice in the second phase.

A blame oriented discussion would capitalize on the perspective that would exonerate a particular gender. A solution orientated discussion would capitalize on the perspective that holds everyone involved responsible. I don't just see paternity fraud as a potential problem for myself but also one that could affect my friends, siblings or children. I believe a more worthwhile discussion is one that addresses the root cause by calling on all parties to respect the sacrament of matrimony. I think that explains why we may never agree.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by WoundedLamb: 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
Regex:

Why shouldn't I blame both parties? Why shouldn't I blame the married woman more? Is a married woman supposed to break her marital vows?

If the man refuses to use condom, then the woman should be blamed for having that sex when she could insist on "the no condom no sex". Let's first look at STDs that could kill and restrict one like HIV.

I don't understand how a woman could insist you first provide her with whatever she is willing to exchange with sex but would never insist on condom or contraceptive. Na wa oh.

More? It's about more?

Your assumption is that this extramarital sex is always with single men. That's why you'd hammer on the woman who is supposedly the only married party. But the case of the bank MD only shows that's not always the case. It could also be with married men who are also breaking their marital vows and thereby causing grief to some other innocent woman (his wife) when she learns that her husband has a child elsewhere. In that case, who would you blame more? Single girls also get pregnant for married men. We know this even though there's no test to reveal it. In that case, who do we blame more?

As a man sleeping with a married woman, must she insist on condom before you know that's ideal? Don't we have brains of our own? The truth is, regardless of who's breaking the vows, we're wired to blame the woman. And when both parties are culpable, we look for how to show women are to be blamed more. We only end up presenting men as if they are objects that don't have consciousness to take decisions and be held accountable for them. And I don't see how that yields any fruit cause by always shielding the men, we're raising a beast that will coexist with our sisters and daughters.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by 9gerian: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Well a simple approach will be to summarize all dna test results taken in Nigeria, and use that as the sample size.

Not accurate but gives an idea of results of tests taken so far.

cooltola:
30 % of all Nigerians mothers have 2 baby daddies or more according to statistics Was the DNA sample obtained at the government hospitals, private hospitals? How long was the test taken? 1 year, 1 day , 1 month ? Too many questions on how such results were obtained.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Ryan03(f): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
abbey621:
Lies from the pit of hell! As an educated person ask yourself, where is the study? How was it conducted? What was the sampling methodology used? Because if you only sampled 100 households to make a conclusion that 4 out of 10 Nigerian men are raising illegitimate children then you're a damn fool. To further compound the problem, let's even assume the data is correct, where is the result of the same study conducted in multiple countries to formulate the appropriate ranking.

I'm not even going to talk about the USA where shows like Maury expose the high rate of paternity fraud in the society. As Nigerians, let us not let these sketchy studies paint us abnormal, do your own research, too many fake agents of doom out there!
why stressing yourself? Nigerians love bad news about their selves, the media knows this and is cashing out of it.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by MummyD2020(f): 11:35am On Jan 17, 2021
GofuckYourself:

I have a friend who is a doctor she told me some years ago .. 3 out of 5 men are raising kids not theirs she is a pediatrician

So I believe this stats
Remember she just works with her present employer.. just one. Where is she getting the stats for d whole country from?
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd Highest In Paternity Fraud In The World by Konquest: 6:44pm On Apr 21

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / 4 Ladies Lifts Their Dad Up As He Celebrates His 50th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.