Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? (333 Views)

Don't Be A Prisoner Of Engagement / Man Proposing To His Fiancée Misplaced The Engagement Ring (pics) / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 13, 2021
I am trying my best to understand the logic of this proposal, engagement ring brouhaha

As a man, are you suppose to ask your girlfriend you have dated for 2 years, if she will marry you? I don't understand the logic.

When i see guys proposing to girls and the guy happy because she said yes, it makes me laugh.

So you been together with your girl, you both have the same goals and aspirations, you like her character, she too like yours, you guys talk about marriage and all is ready, so what is the essence of asking her with a ring if she will marry you?

Isn't logical to marry her at once?
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 13, 2021
You'll be surprised where the other person placed you in the relationship all this while.
So assumptions maybe be wrong at the end of the day. Some people can be with you for years ( as a boy or girl friend figure) just to pass time pending when they have that someone they wish to work things out with and then you go assuming things without their knowledge.

Someone can be with you for different reasons and not necessarily because they want to end up with you. So instead of jumping into conclusion by assuming all is already set, it's better you ask to avoid rejection raised to power 90.

Op, Ask, Ask Ask!!!!
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by DICKstractor: 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
undecided

An engagement ring represents what a trap means to a rat. They are just different tools with the same purpose of trapping

BTW
If you don't propose, it doesn't look OFFICIAL. At that point you can call the person "my fiancée or fiancé"... No more boyfriend or girlfriend
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
free knacking of the kpekusgrin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
CalliDora1:
You'll be surprised where the other person placed you in the relationship all this while.
So assumptions maybe be wrong at the end of the day. Some people can be with you for years ( as a boy or girl friend figure) just to pass time pending when they have that someone they wish to work things out with and then you go assuming things without their knowledge.

Someone can be with you for different reasons and not necessarily because they want to end up with you. So instead of jumping into conclusion by assuming all is already set, it's better you ask to avoid rejection raised to power 90.

Op, Ask, Ask Ask!!!!

If 2 of you have the same goal and aspirations, you understand each other well, there wont be fear.

I believe the reassurance by engagement ring shows the fear of the man, maybe he doesn't know where he stands in the relationship, that is why he have to ask her by putting an engagement ring on her finger
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by phelonrays: 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
Fear of the Unknown.. grin
Re: What Is The Essence Of Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 13, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I believe the reassurance by engagement ring shows the fear of the man, maybe he doesn't know where he stands in the relationship, that is why he have to ask her by putting an engagement ring on her finger

We are still saying the same thing. You need to know where you stand in that relationship hence the need to ask.

(1) (Reply)

. / Know Your Worth !!! Lol... / Possible Reasons Why Your Partner Does Not Pick Your Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.