Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,074 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

How To Deal With Being Ignored - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With Being Ignored (1322 Views)

My Girlfriend Ignored Me At A Party She Invited Me To! I Am Confused / Slay Queen Ignored Man Wooing Her, But When She Saw His Flashy Car, She Did This / Why Are i being Ignored (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2021
I’ve been dating this guy for two years now, I love him and I also assume he does.

We’ve not had any conversation for five days now because of something he did and all I just wanted was an apology but he instead continued to send messages after making him realize I didn’t like what he did. I wouldn’t do that to him and even when I offend him I’m always quick to apologize.

I really don’t know what to do. Should I take him back if he messages or at least if he apologizes or since he caused me more pain I should call it quits. I don’t even know if he’s ever going to message. He’s been posting and all.
Also how do I deal with this??
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by SweetBuns(f): 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2021
if he refused to apologise and be sorry for what he did and is instead giving you silent treatment, you should probably end that relationship asap

you're dating o and this nonsense is happening. imagine what will happen when you get married

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
SweetBuns:
if he refused to apologise and be sorry for what he did and is instead giving you silent treatment, you should probably end that relationship asap

you're dating o and this nonsense is happening. imagine what will happen when you get married

Thank you.
Really don’t know how easy that will be though
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:

I’ve been dating this guy for two years now, I love him and I also assume he does.

We’ve not had any conversation for five days now because of something he did and all I just wanted was an apology but he instead continued to send messages after making him realize I didn’t like what he did. I wouldn’t do that to him and even when I offend him I’m always quick to apologize.

I really don’t know what to do. Should I take him back if he messages or at least if he apologizes or since he caused me more pain I should call it quits. I don’t even know if he’s ever going to message. He’s been posting and all.

How is he supposed to know that you want him to apologise? Repeat after me...

MEN
CANT
READ
MINDS.

Tell him to apologise. It's that simple.

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2021
I feel uncomfortable dealing with people who find it hard to apologize. It's just me and maybe it's because I do it effortlessly.

He is your man, you know him better than any of us here and you know your tolerance level so take your decision by yourself hanty.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

MEN
CANT
READ
MINDS.

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
I told him the way he responded isn’t nice and it made me feel bad.

RisenPhoenix1:

MEN
CANT
READ
MINDS.

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2021
J111333:
I feel uncomfortable dealing with people who find it hard to apologize. It's just me and maybe it's because I do it effortlessly.

He is your man, you know him better than any of us here and you know your tolerance level so take your decision by yourself hanty.
Thank you but if only he asked why I wasn’t responding I’d have told him. But this is day five
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:
I told him the way he responded isn’t nice and it made me feel bad.

Then you are going out with someone who doesn't like admitting his mistakes or apologising (assuming he's really wrong and you didn't misunderstand his view of the situation). If he really does not like apologising and you always expect apologies when wrongfully offended, then you have to either leave him, or come to terms with living with that behaviour. I'm afraid there's no third option.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by paulolee(m): 5:58pm On Jan 16, 2021
others go help with good advice, I don tire for woman matter abegi

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 16, 2021
paulolee:
others go help with good advice, I don tire for woman matter abegi

�got me laughing �
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by farady(m): 7:44pm On Jan 16, 2021
Women wahala dey like bicycle, e no dey hard to start.

Why not let him know outright and that you feel hurt. What is difficult there.

Btw, what kind of friends are you. Is your relationship defined? What do you want or what's your projection?

If it's not leading to anything, then let it be.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by baralatie(m): 7:46pm On Jan 16, 2021
SweetBuns:

Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Olakunleyakub(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
Booking a space.

I will come back after mosque If it is not too late!
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by baralatie(m): 7:47pm On Jan 16, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Then you are going out with someone who doesn't like admitting his mistakes or apologising (assuming he's really wrong and you didn't misunderstand his view of the situation). If he really does not like apologising and you always expect apologies when wrongfully offended, then you have to either leave him, or come to terms with living with that behaviour. I'm afraid there's no third option.
third option is she gets abused mentally and emotionally
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 16, 2021
baralatie:

third option is she gets abused mentally and emotionally

That's a natural outcome of the second option, actually. When you swallow constant exposure to treatment that you dislike, you feel resentful and emotionally assaulted.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nazgul: 7:53pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:

If you still love him, send him a message and try to begin normal conversation with him. He will definitely reply your messages. Once things stabilizes with you guys, bring up the issue. If he doesn't apologize or show any form of remorse, then you should know that it's a glaring red flag.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by SamuelLoch: 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2021
Like the first person above said, its a red flag and you're choosing to ignore. Its better now than for you to get into a marriage you'd be enduring.

By the way, why are you finding it difficult to quit?
Is he the money-bag? Your peace, soul, and health is at stake here.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:

I don't understand the bolded.

I hope you are not the only one trying so hard to make the r/shp work sha.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by PCG001: 8:15pm On Jan 16, 2021
tɦɛ ɢʊʏ ռa ʀɛɖ քɨʟʟɛʀ tongue
ɨ ʟօʋɛ tɦօsɛ ҡɨռɖa ʍɛռ grin
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by theMagnet: 8:20pm On Jan 16, 2021
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
SimplyFacts:

I don't understand the bolded.

I hope you are not the only one trying so hard to make the r/shp work sha.
I told him the response he gave isn’t nice and it made me feel bad. He didn’t address that but just continued the conversation later in the evening, to which I didn’t respond and he stopped messaging since that first day. He’s been online posting and all since then.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 16, 2021
farady:
Women wahala dey like bicycle, e no dey hard to start.

Why not let him know outright and that you feel hurt. What is difficult there.

Btw, what kind of friends are you. Is your relationship defined? What do you want or what's your projection?

If it's not leading to anything, then let it be.

Did you read the part where I said I made it known his response wasn’t cool and it made me feel bad?
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:

I told him the response he gave isn’t nice and it made me feel bad. He didn’t address that but just continued the conversation later in the evening, to which I didn’t respond and he stopped messaging since that first day. He’s been online posting and all since then.

Don't get depressed too much. It's gonna be well. And,,,, don't stoop too low all in the name of love. Best wishes!
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by kingemaker(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2021
He probably feels you should be the one apologizing not him. I want to believe that there's a communication gap somewhere. Can you just give him call and discuss this? You're adults for crying out loud. If his response isn't encouraging, please call it a quit, life isn't so complex you know.
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by Firstandonly(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Bqhmmm:

Thank you.
Really don’t know how easy that will be though
date someone else and watch ur attention shifting from him...if u where in calabar i would have dated u for the main time, still u clear ur head off him
Re: How To Deal With Being Ignored by iheanacho98013: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2021
:others go help with good advice, I don tire for woman matter abegi �got me laughing �

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Break Up / Sad: Ugandan Lady Jumps Off Story Building Because Of Her Boyfriend Who Cheated / How I Met Adesua Etomi - Banky W

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.