Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement (54031 Views)

Reps Fault Presidency On Jan 18 School Resumption, Suggest 3-month Postponement / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG / Election Postponement- LASG Review School Calendar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Kingstanding: 8:20am On Jan 17, 2021
Dididrumz:
These guys wants to continue with their madness again..
. They are not bothered because their bogus salaries and allowances will be credited to their various accounts every month. Useless sets of legislooters. God will punished them all for their wickedness to the citizens. They did not tell federal government on how they will give citizens palliative money only thing they know is to make life unbearable to the citizens. Joe Biden that is yet to resume as the president of American has already approved $1400 to each American citizens as a covid19 stimulus packages. He has approved $450 billion dollars to small scale businesses in America but here in Nigeria the case is opposite. Almighty God will judge our leaders and their households the way they treat Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by rachytenny2(f): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2021
I quite see from their view, but the decision of postponement to the next 3 months is way out of it. We are in a modernized world for goodness sake. If they had said an online method would he adopted.. Their words concerning the rising cases would have been justified......
I really don't want another version of ASUU.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by saintruky(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2021
I no blame them at all... Afterall their children dey school abroad... So they care less for their supporters children n kids of their ballot box snatchers...
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:25am On Jan 17, 2021
This is madness taken too far
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by tauheedmontana: 8:26am On Jan 17, 2021
Protecting who?
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by coputa(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2021
It's not as if he/they care about the student/children,but because they were not consulted before arriving at the said date.empty pride.The future of these children is greater than your selfish interested.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by BonPatrick(m): 8:26am On Jan 17, 2021
Am happy about it I really need time to get enough money
Freestainworld:
na dem gbagam, I talk am say e go happen, it's unfolding already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by RayRich(f): 8:28am On Jan 17, 2021
Let the schools open already we have cultivate the habit of hand washing and keeping social distancing.
course of 4years has turn to 6 years
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by moneyissweet(m): 8:31am On Jan 17, 2021
The good thing and the most sweetest is that most of this selfish and heartless Rep members will die of covid19 before that 3 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Bimpe29: 8:31am On Jan 17, 2021
The government presently constituted by mediocre, insensitive and aimless group of people.

Instead of ensuring public health safety, they're compelling people to throng the NIMC for NIN and asking our younge populace to go back to school without necessary measure to guard against covid-19.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Mubarak55(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2021
helinues:
3 months?

Just because of an imaginary Covid cases in Nigeria
it is not imaginary brother I lost my uncle to the virus yesterday please
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by bakol: 8:40am On Jan 17, 2021
Coming from a professor. What a shame?

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by DAILIES(m): 8:41am On Jan 17, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Yeye house
Will covid disappear after 3 months.
Sensible query!

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by adenigga(m): 8:43am On Jan 17, 2021
Bimpe29:
The government presently constituted by mediocre, insensitive and aimless group of people.

Instead of ensuring public health safety, they're compelling people to throng the NIMC for NIN and asking our younge populace to go back to school without necessary measure to guard against covid-19.

You are....

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by 4ckyou: 8:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Mynd44:
Private school teachers are going to be pissed if this is followed sha.

This is a mess all around

School owners you mean, teachers have started looking for other jobs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by nnamdi640: 8:48am On Jan 17, 2021
Self-centered people. They should tell us what will happen to those that will be jobless for that three months.Wicked and heartless honourables.........
The most annoying thing is that thesame people that are condemning school reopening are the ones that brought covid-19 into this country through their families.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Jakumo(m): 8:51am On Jan 17, 2021
Bimpe29:

The pandemic is raging like a wildfire in Lagos State, where oxygen supplies are dwindling rapidly, as patients struggling to breathe, are quarantined in droves. Those clamoring for schools to reopen, will certainly change their tune the instant that somebody they personally know, is viciously struck down by this horrible disease now mutating into an even more infectious, transmissible and deadly strain.

If schools and universities are allowed to reopen in Nigeria, the medical establishment will very quickly find itself overwhelmed and unable to cope with the tidal wave of severely ill patients all struggling to breathe. The Yaba Corona quarantine hospital is overflowing right now, with dead bodies being loaded out of that place at a truly alarming pace.

This pandemic is REAL, y'all. Even if your children lose an entire YEAR of education before they are able to safely return to school when the contagion subsides, they will all have SURVIVED, to describe the nightmare to their own grand children, decades into the future. Rushing children into school, during this second more deadly virus attack, will result in the avoidable loss of MANY young lives. The online education option MUST now be prioritized anywhere on this planet that is afflicted by the virus. There is NO viable alternative, until the storm has passed.

Living to fight another day, against this invisible enemy called Covid-19, must remain the guiding philosophy, to spare the human race from comprehensive annihilation by an incurable, virulent disease that CAN be fought head-on by governments that are willing to revise their battle plan, as needed, and as events on the ground dictate. Such a cataclysmic event IS currently on the ground in Nigeria, therefore schools and universities nationwide, MUST be closed for now.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Black052(m): 8:53am On Jan 17, 2021
As much as I can never opt for 3 months closure fg was too much I'm a haste with the figures been recorded to open almost as if there is more to it than meets the eye
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Cutiekatty: 8:57am On Jan 17, 2021
fitzmayowa:
They are about to waste another 3 month or something they have a solution for, its high we wake up to the reality that we have to live with COVID....
. If you are a parent and support the resumption date, may God help u. For me I don't trust our government to handle ordinary malaria talk less covid19 , don't let teachers and school owners come here to Deceive you, they are only after their salary against the life of your children, for me my kids ain't going anywhere I will pay their school and still homeschooled them, they will only go to school to write their exam. With my supervision... If your kids contract covid 19 it will get to u and u might not survive it. Covid19 is real it happened to my relative and my in law its not funny at all I have seen the horror that goes with it.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Godszilla: 8:58am On Jan 17, 2021
Thanks. I hope people know that the vaccine will be primarily yearly administered or at most every 3 years depends on d type your government order. [https://nypost.com/2021/01/11/moderna-says-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-at-least-a-year/

https://www.verywellhealth.com/length-of-covid-19-vaccine-immunity-5094857

Let get this news out cos most think it a 1 off. You don't c this on most news outlets. What this probably means there may end up with ministry of covid 1c vaccine procurement as they are already spending like half a trillion now.

Use you brain my people.

Covid is real stay safe and practice necessary measure but Der is a dark undertone to this

matrix199:
Are they more obligated to managing COVID-19 than the PTF who has okayed the resumption of schools on 18th January, so long the schools follow strict guidelines on COVID-19?

COVID-19 is here to stay. It's either we run from it and die of other things it deprives us of, or we learn to live with it with care and move on with our lives.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Daniella2252(f): 9:02am On Jan 17, 2021
Chai the government is never for us to....

Happy Sunday to all nairaland either registered or guest.... May all I prayer be answered by whoever we are praying to and may we find favor in the eyes of the maker..

I want to use this medium to plead for a little help although it might sound somehow but it is really something so important to me right now...
I need a #200 recharge card to do a day subscription to download some materials for my project (academic)...
Would have find another means but I really had no option but to come to my family up here on nairaland....
Will be glad if I can get the help from you please because I know that behind every moniker is a great person with kind heart.
Thanks to everyone and may this weee be our week of financial breakthrough..
This is my number 08141116925
So grateful.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Seyzcham91(m): 9:14am On Jan 17, 2021
useless people!

dem own children are abroad in one way or the other observing online class and lectures which means Academic calendar continous but here leaving Poor masses children rotten at home

Selfiesh bastards and motherfuckers keeping Children under lock and key in the guise of taking precaution of some Scamdemic undecided undecided

Useless and incompetent law makers only looting money and doing nothing

i wish i could just go to their midst and blow them all up undecided
adenigga:
https://m.punchng.com/Featured/Reps-oppose-school-resumption-propose-three-month-postponement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2021
fitzmayowa:
They are about to waste another 3 month or something they have a solution for, its high we wake up to the reality that we have to live with COVID....
is high time student should stand up for there right...who is
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by complexBoss12: 9:22am On Jan 17, 2021
4ckyou:

Go get a loan
borrow is loan, I think

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 17, 2021
Emperor2020:
is high time student should stand up for there right...who is
who is going to pay there 3months rent...there kids are out of country nd in private uni studying,
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by highchief1: 9:27am On Jan 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin

This is the worst time to be a student in this modafvcking country right away...

Most of my guys who are already in 300 level in different universities have already given up on school.....Ask them what's the way forward, they'll tell you-"omo,na Yahoo sure pass now oh".

By the time our leaders will realize the huge damages most of their selfish decisions have brought upon Nigeria,it might have been too late... because the only future I can foresee for my beloved south/south right now is that Yahoo and oloshoism would be the only way out for most youths

And when the ordinary Yahoo isn't going well as planned, they'll have no other option than to couple it up with ritual

I'm a Deltan and I know what I'm talking about...in let's say not less than five years time,the south may likely be in ruins

Small small I don dey regret why I leave north come home for 2015
u r mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / 4.98 CGPA In Mathematics: Toluwani Deborah UNILORIN Best Graduating Student 2019 / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.