Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement (54033 Views)

Reps Fault Presidency On Jan 18 School Resumption, Suggest 3-month Postponement / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG / Election Postponement- LASG Review School Calendar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by denvers: 9:29am On Jan 17, 2021
Lordbinsmar:
OGUN KILL EVERY BODY CALLING FOR A SECOND LOCKDOWN IN NIGERIA.

MAY DEATH AND SICKNESS LOCK THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES DOWN.

THE REAL PANDEMIC IN NIGERIA ARE HUNGER, POVERTY AND INSECURITY.

BUT ALL THIS USELESS PEOPLE WILL NEVER TALK ABOUT IT.

CALLING FOR A LOCK DOWN AT THE DETRIMENT OF THE POOR MASSES.
Amen
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by jimmynauty: 9:36am On Jan 17, 2021
Freestainworld:
na dem gbagam, I talk am say e go happen, it's unfolding already
i watched pastor chris read a document of how 2021 will be arranged grin grin grin
The man of sin cometh
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Olushola1144(m): 9:36am On Jan 17, 2021
meditator:
Its really biting us hard. For more than a month now, I haven't touched One Thousand Naira. Things are getting much more difficult by the day.
I live on #200 per day. Infact, i do turn it to fasting and prayer at times. It hasn't been easy since the start of the pandemic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by successismine01(m): 9:39am On Jan 17, 2021
could you believe punch has remove the link?

9ja news self.
I didn't believe the nesw at first self, a day to resumption.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Tony142: 9:46am On Jan 17, 2021
Melonny:

Can schools follow strict measures? Do most of the staffs and student of the schools even believe there is Covid19?. I was at a Uni last week, approximately 5% of the people I saw wore a nose cover. The remaining didn't care

Go sit down joor, is like u have never being to market, enter market weather u go see single person with face mask
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by complexBoss12: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2021
SirBunky85:
why not share the business idea here so dat others who are interested can collabo with u?
would you do that??
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Melonny(m): 9:54am On Jan 17, 2021
Tony142:

Go sit down joor, is like u have never being to market, enter market weather u go see single person with face mask
You must think you are bringing a counter argument. You only added to the reasons why the government should put more effective measures in place.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2021
assistant:
Is it not better the students start learning work than staying at home hoping for resumption
learn work since 2020 they've been at home?
How many work should they learn at home for almost two years now?
If you don't have anything to say learn to keep your mouth shut

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Kaybaba5(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Realtord43:
HOT Thunder and Hurricane will strike and scatter this reps that have no sense except sense of stealing and corruption.

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
Horlayhemy:
Schools to be closed for 3 months just because the Reps were not consulted? What country is this?

I go soon leave this country for you now...
that exactly is the main point and not really because of the virus.
Power and ego comes into play here

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin

This is the worst time to be a student in this modafvcking country right away...

Most of my guys who are already in 300 level in different universities have already given up on school.....Ask them what's the way forward, they'll tell you-"omo,na Yahoo sure pass now oh".

By the time our leaders will realize the huge damages most of their selfish decisions have brought upon Nigeria,it might have been too late... because the only future I can foresee for my beloved south/south right now is that Yahoo and oloshoism would be the only way out for most youths

And when the ordinary Yahoo isn't going well as planned, they'll have no other option than to couple it up with ritual

I'm a Deltan and I know what I'm talking about...in let's say not less than five years time,the south may likely be in ruins

Small small I don dey regret why I leave north come home for 2015
you're so right especially in this warri side
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2021
Chudyfuto:
Which way nigeria?
Somewhere in the north,local government election is going on(overcrowding).
Somewhere in nigeria,there is mass enrolment in nimc offices (overcrowding).
I think there is a silent fight against education by the elites.how can a sensible government allow such crowds due to election and nimc enrolment but prevent schools from reopening?
God abeg auto reset nigeria for us.
something is definitely going wrong somewhere
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:06am On Jan 17, 2021
QueenVaji:
All of una wey dun set to go fuvk marathon fvck for school...una sorry grin
stark illiterate spotted
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by zedegit: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2021
adenigga:
https://m.punchng.com/Featured/Reps-oppose-school-resumption-propose-three-month-postponement

These people merely want a huge cut from the #40 billion.

So because he wasn't consulted abi? What does he know about Covid?

Is he more important than those consulted?
Or he's looking for someone to massage his inferiority complex.

Nonsense.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2021
joxxy01:
If one member from the reps talks they will term it "House of rep." Just imagine, it has now become a tussle of ego...
you just said my whole mind
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Tony142: 10:09am On Jan 17, 2021
Melonny:

You must think you are bringing a counter argument. You only added to the reasons why the government should put more effective measures in place.

The useless government do not have the brain and ideas to put more effective measure in place, the only thing left in their empty brain is how to loot

why is it that it is only school they are interested in closing down?

1. market is open and full people without face mask

2. Church is open, and full of people every Sunday

3. NIN office is open, and full of people that want to link their Sim card to their national identify number

4. international border is open, and people travel as they like, even politicians student are in school abroad

now my question is why are they only interested in school? it is not as If they care about students, just that dey are looking for excuse to loot civid19 fund

3 Likes

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by zedegit: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2021
HenryThegreat1:
Yeye house
Will covid disappear after 3 months.

Let them lockdown their allowance and entitlements and you will see them clutching like headless chickens.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:11am On Jan 17, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Amen!
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by MajorOvakporaye(f): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2021
Melonny:

YOU BETTER SHUT UP THERE!!!
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2021
GetMeRight:
Why can't we do the right thing at the right time in this country? Reopening schools at this time is ill advised and ill timed. I'm not sure that the next semester or term will even be allowed to run through, there's possibility of academic activities suspension.
it's not every topic you see on nairaland that you must comment most especially if it's an intellectual content that is way beyond the reasoning of your empty brain.
The romance and joke section is there for you and your fellow illiterates to comment.
slowpoke
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by adenigga(m): 10:13am On Jan 17, 2021
successismine01:
could you believe punch has remove the link?

9ja news self.
I didn't believe the nesw at first self, a day to resumption.

Check it up....!!!

https://m.punchng.com/Featured

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Bintuenyo: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2021
God go punish all of una

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2021
Rilwayne001:
This country is just cursed by evil and horrible leaders.

What sort of nonsense are these fools saying again
but you voted APC in the elections so why you complaining?

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2021
coputa:
It's not as if he/they care about the student/children,but because they were not consulted before arriving at the said date.empty pride.The future of these children is greater than your selfish interested.
I'm happy you also saw what I observed.
Power and ego comes into play here
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:17am On Jan 17, 2021
BonPatrick:
Am happy about it I really need time to get enough money
wetin you been dey do all these while

1 Like

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Digmygold: 10:18am On Jan 17, 2021
Lordbinsmar:

Na wa o.Sort out your poverty issues by working hard instead of shamelessly displaying your permanent frustration.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I am not in support of a lockdown but on behalf of those who are for reasons best known to them, i send all your curses back.upon your life and coming generations in your cursed lineage a million fold. Wicked soul.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:19am On Jan 17, 2021
Jakumo:

The pandemic is raging like a wildfire in Lagos State, where oxygen supplies are dwindling rapidly, as patients struggling to breathe, are quarantined in droves. Those clamoring for schools to reopen, will certainly change their tune the instant that somebody they personally know, is viciously struck down by this horrible disease now mutating into an even more infectious, transmissible and deadly strain.

If schools and universities are allowed to reopen in Nigeria, the medical establishment will very quickly find itself overwhelmed and unable to cope with the tidal wave of severely ill patients all struggling to breathe. The Yaba Corona quarantine hospital is overflowing right now, with dead bodies being loaded out of that place at a truly alarming pace.

This pandemic is REAL, y'all. Even if your children lose an entire YEAR of education before they are able to safely return to school when the contagion subsides, they will all have SURVIVED, to describe the nightmare to their own grand children, decades into the future. Rushing children into school, during this second more deadly virus attack, will result in the avoidable loss of MANY young lives. The online education option MUST now be prioritized anywhere on this planet that is afflicted by the virus. There is NO viable alternative, until the storm has passed.

Living to fight another day, against this invisible enemy called Covid-19, must remain the guiding philosophy, to spare the human race from comprehensive annihilation by an incurable, virulent disease that CAN be fought head-on by governments that are willing to revise their battle plan, as needed, and as events on the ground dictate. Such a cataclysmic event IS currently on the ground in Nigeria, therefore schools and universities nationwide, MUST be closed for now.
don't say this behind the keypad.
Reveal your location and come and talk this trash in the public.
If them no go roast you alive.
Bastard

2 Likes

Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Digmygold: 10:22am On Jan 17, 2021
CaIIMeAthena:
don't say this behind the keypad.
Reveal your location and come and talk this trash in the public.
If them no go roast you alive.
Bastard

Nobody is roasting him
He just stated a fact.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by Olatara(f): 10:23am On Jan 17, 2021
Melonny:

Can schools follow strict measures? Do most of the staffs and student of the schools even believe there is Covid19?. I was at a Uni last week, approximately 5% of the people I saw wore a nose cover. The remaining didn't care
So they should sit at home right?
Ajegbodo to n wa ni kunra.
Re: Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement by CaIIMeAthena(f): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2021
Digmygold:

Nobody is roasting him
He just stated a fact.
shut up troll I actually don't have your time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

She Graduated With A CGPA Of 4.99 From Covenant University / 4.98 CGPA In Mathematics: Toluwani Deborah UNILORIN Best Graduating Student 2019 / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Bagging A PhD In Mathematics At 27 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.