Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? (20298 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / KIEK Foundation To Get 1000 Children Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by mohammedisa27: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
The part of Europe and other countries that suffered severely from the first wave of covid-19 are making efforts to return the economy as well make life normal again. I see no reason why Nigeria shouldn't do same. Another lockdown will only worsen the current situation. Get people to wear the mask and adhere to other guidelines to prevent this deadly virus that's all.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Zane2point4(m): 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2021
So even if the covid thrash continues till 2025 your kid no go go school?

Pls stop making excuses for our govt to keep this kids at home,,life continues with or without covid.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Glawrie: 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
rottennaija:

I'm not. I took leave so I can avoid unnecessary contacts with people.
For how long will you continue to take leave?
Abi the leave won't end
Not having contacts with people is almost unavoidable

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2021
COVID 19 IS 5% IN NIGERIA BUT THOSE BINGO CALLED LEADERS WHO SHALL DIE BY ROAD ACCIDENT ARE GIVEN US FAKE FIGURE

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by KnightsTemplar(m): 6:14pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries

When the federal government thinks it's also a joke, why won't the masses see it as a joke. When pantami abi what's his name and federal government are playing blind eye at what is going on at NIN centers, and is it not the same Aboki led government that said schools should start?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Odoctor(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

why do you people like comparing markets??
most markets are open spaces, compared to the hostel lifestyles in schools..
There's no basis for comparison.. bsides, children ain't adults thatt can care for themselves

Who are the population at risk?? Adults or children?

Pls go to worldometer, and see the number of young people covid has killed and the number of adults covid has killed, then you tell us the people that are actually suppose to be on lock down.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt
Laptop spoilt. Infact one washed it under a tap for daddy. Soaking my lappy
Tv wire cut. How that happened still baffles me
Car scratch....bicycle hit
Biscuit and snacks wrappers will reduce. They're always eating

Not forgetting the screams and noises. Make them go!!!!

You don't have serious problems.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by thatigboman: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
I am not I swear!
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church of full of people, why do not you people complain about market? because hunger go kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church? because you they fear God not to send you to hell abi?

the same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let mw ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense
It is hyporcritical isn't it? sad
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

There's no basis for comparison.. bsides, children ain't adults that can care for themselves

SHUT UP THERE!

I KNOW YOU HAVE NOT SLEPT WELL SINCE SCHOOLS RESUMED

KEEP HAVING SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.
NA YOUR BODY GO TELL YOU, NO WORRY

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
It is hyporcritical isn't it? sad

I did not get u, what did u mean?
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt

So these are your excuses? These unnercerssary things concerns you the most right? Perhaps you shouldn't have had kids. Because of these irrelevant things you want to send them away to school?.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by EduTechTainMent: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
This is exactly the reason why I shared this post.

https://www.nairaland.com/6370299/reopening-universities-fg-needs-contact

We should be seen to give it all it takes in providing a safe learning environment for our kids and colleagues in the higher institutions.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
What is it with School sef...why not bothered about markets, commercial vehicles, churches mosques etc

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

I did not get u, what did u mean?
I mean, you are correct, they leave the others and talk only about schools.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Reference(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
The virus hasn't morphed to be a direct threat to that age group so for now no problems but, BUT it is only a matter of time before it jumps the age barrier.

The biggest challenge remains the long term physiological damage this virus is going to cause to humanity as a whole, symptoms or not. We will learn more of this pandemic as the years unwind.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by jaeyking(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

There's no basis for comparison.. bsides, children ain't adults that can care for themselves

do you know that Covid can be easily controlled in school than Markets.

any parents wey no allow him pikin go school cuz of CoVID.
an him/her own wahala.

it's high time we learn to live with covid
and anybody that supports the government to close school cuz of CoVID

thunder fire una there

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
YoonSung79:
Just the way you are prepared to Die!

SHUT UP!!!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by olajizz01(m): 6:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt

Hahaha................,washed Laptop under water, funny.
That kid no like dirt at all.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 18, 2021
100% I pity private schools teachers, may God keep providing for you guys.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by AlphaBeta130: 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries
but u go to church and markets. why should school be a different case.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Odoctor(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

You mean all students in Nigeria are children?

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by AlphaBeta130: 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

what about university students
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Reference(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Samson0599:
What is it with School sef...why not bothered about markets, commercial vehicles, churches mosques etc

Because that is where the next generation is huddled together. And there is something unnerving about watching kids suffer and hopefully not lose their lives unnecessarily or avoidably.

Children the world over are vulnerable and must be protected at all costs. That is why.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by zedegit: 6:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:
As schools resume Monday, January 18, are you comfortable sending your children & wards back to school

Some gofernors have postponed it .

Thread closed. Everyone can go and sleep
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by tnerro1(m): 6:31pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:
As schools resume Monday, January 18, are you comfortable sending your children & wards back to school

The problem is not the children, they are young and strong with antibodies to fight off the infection.. the problem is the parents that are at home, they may bring the virus back home to you and if your immune system is not strong, then God help you

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Reference(m): 6:33pm On Jan 18, 2021
AlphaBeta130:

what about university students

They are the super spreaders. Young, mobile and rebellious. Covid will spread like wildfire amingst the college population but probably casualties will not be exceptional.

So as a student, obey the protocols, keep fit and stay away from controlled substances and donot sabotage your Ministry of Defence. Covid 19 is the biological Boko Haram of our time.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by benzion72(m): 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
Covidbiz na international conspiracy by the big Pharmaceutical to banner in money and polictrickcian to make money Nigeria to use one Trillion to buy vaccine na cool money for Pfizer and co and APC goons
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by zedegit: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
ahnie:
Nope...even doe they drive me nuts....ayam not ready to take that risk... they're going to sit at home all Tru this week.

Covid will disappear this week abi?

Who noticed that naija cases increased when Bubu tuned to CNN and heard of second wave and increasing cases abroad?

Copy copy goferment
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by nedekid: 6:34pm On Jan 18, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
useless and foolish woman
Must you insult people?
You call someone you do not know, probably older than you, a woman with kids foolish?
Very, very uncouth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 6:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
I mean, you are correct, they leave the others and talk only about schools.

yea, no mind them
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
So these are your excuses? These unnercerssary things concerns you the most right? Perhaps you shouldn't have had kids. Because of these irrelevant things you want to send them away to school?.
Going to school to learn is irrelevant?
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unijos Direct Entry 2015/2016 Admissions / Ayobami Taofeek Salami Is OAU Vice-Chancellor Now / Winners Chapel Acquires Land For Universities In Ghana And Congo - Beecroft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.