Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? (20300 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / KIEK Foundation To Get 1000 Children Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by MoneyTrees(m): 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
I'm happy your signature says you don't reply mentions grin grin
To tell the honest truth after reading your comment I'm happy your kids ain't got no phone they'll see how lopsided their ma reasons.
You have a mediocre reasoning
Please upgrade your logic this year
& Stay safe cheesy wink

ahnie:
Nope...even doe they drive me nuts....ayam not ready to take that risk... they're going to sit at home all Tru this week.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries
Is this all you have to say concerning Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church of full of people, why do not you people complain about market? because hunger go kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church? because you they fear God not to send you to hell abi?

the same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let mw ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense
All the so called health enthusiast in Nigeria should read this post and have some sense....

Who are we really fooling in this country...see how they are targeting education all because they have graduated and most of their kids are not studying in Nigeria...ppls lives are literally wasting youths are going into crime all because of idleness due to the hindrance of continous lockdown...

How come no one talk about covid when ASUU where clamouring for settlement..now that they have been fully paid they are now giving excuses...

Markets are open infact ..since the very first lockdown markets were open...since we know we need food nobody dared a total lockdown..yet covid did not kill all of us...

But some misguided fellow want to sound educated and is here saying that opening school is dangerous...

Infact just kuku close that martkets and stay indoors now let's see how long that we last...
Covid is here to stay in the environment let's learn to mangage and live with it just as we have done with,fever,common cold,measles nd even HIV..

Boss thank you very much for this ur comment

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by IgboWarlord(m): 6:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

why do you people like comparing markets??
most markets are open spaces, compared to the hostel lifestyles in schools..
There's no basis for comparison.. bsides, children ain't adults that can care for themselves

Markets in Nigeria open spaces shocked shocked..Have you seen how congested and crowded major markets in Nigeria are??..I ask because from your comment,e be like sey you no know Naija markets..

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Coldie(m): 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
How can u say u are not comfortable sending your child to school but u are comfortable sending them to church and even to enter public transportation etc

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by AlphaBeta130: 6:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Reference:

They are the super spreaders. Young, mobile and rebellious. Covid will spread like wildfire amingst the college population but probably casualties will not be exceptional.

So as a student, obey the protocols, keep fit and stay away from controlled substances and donot sabotage your Ministry of Defence. Covid 19 is the biological Boko Haram of our time.

I don't know what you are saying. University students can handle themselves better. Thats what i believe

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by rottennaija(m): 6:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
Glawrie:

For how long will you continue to take leave?
Abi the leave won't end
Not having contacts with people is almost unavoidable

Till then. Meanwhile, the duration is enough to see why happens in February.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 6:46pm On Jan 18, 2021
Chidorx60:

All the so called health enthusiast in Nigeria should read this post and have some sense....

Who are we really fooling in this country...see how they are targeting education all because they have graduated and most of their kids are not studying in Nigeria...ppls lives are literally wasting youths are going into crime all because of idleness due to the hindrance of continous lockdown...

How come no one talk about covid when ASUU where clamouring for settlement..now that they have been fully paid they are now giving excuses...

Markets are open infact ..since the very first lockdown markets were open...since we know we need food nobody dared a total lockdown..yet covid did not kill all of us...

But some misguided fellow want to sound educated and is here saying that opening school is dangerous...

Infact just kuku close that martkets and stay indoors now let's see how long that we last...
Covid is here to stay in the environment let's learn to mangage and live with it just as we have done with,fever,common cold,measles nd even HIV..

Boss thank you very much for this ur comment

exactly, do not mind them, nice one from u

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Black052(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries
first most sensible responce to covid issues on nairaland,how can you bse of school jettison safety,infact it's now I know Nigerian are really animals ,you will see most of them here it's scamdemic is a lie no covid,simply bse God has been merciful we decided to take his mercies for granted,recording over a thousand a day and u send primary and secondary school out,they will not stop you bse there kids don't eat live school here .
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 6:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Markets in Nigeria open spaces shocked shocked..Have you seen how congested and crowded major markets in Nigeria are??..I ask because from your comment,e be like sey you no know Naija markets..

it seems he is a foreigner

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by TeacherAnas: 6:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
More than comfortable!
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Rotiix(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
portplus:

For how long?
Till hunger wire am comot for house

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Black052(m): 6:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
airex:
Goat
na you gan gan be goat u no just know ni
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Corona will not catch any of my family member in Jesus name. Is corona virus a death sentence? Children should go to school, their brains are getting rusty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ayaomen(f): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2021
My daughter will resume tomorrow jare, didnt allow her go today, had to convince my hubby, even my street was dry, cuz i was actually watching out for students.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Black052(m): 6:59pm On Jan 18, 2021
samuelpeters:

What do you mean markets are open spaces?

A crowded open space is still very dangerous. With no distancing, people sweating etal...
It's no different from our hostel.

Children can keep to rules with strict observation. We only need school authorities to be active in ensuring it.

Keeping children at home will not change anything. The virus is here to stay. By December this year, we will still continue to have cases in Nigeria. Because our testing per/day is very low.

What we can do is to observe the rule and hope for a vaccine(for those that want).

©️2021.
it has come to stay no doubt however Nigeria no like book pass the rest of the world you hear,at least let this figures subside before sending these kids out,and point of correction if u attended a Nigerian public university assuming u are a graduate or an undergraduate then u will know no institution is ready one bit to meet the challenges of covid 19 is it the full capacity hostels like civilian barracks or the class rooms where u have some hanging by window frame bse no space in class
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tisham20(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
Covid have come to stay we should just learn to live with it.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Black052(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
samuelpeters:

Covid-19 is not a joke. It is real but not the hype that we see in Nigeria.

We are already exposed to situations that have increased our immunity. Like our environment being dirty, no clean water and polluted air. We also have a warm climate.
All these things are the contributing factors that made our death rate low with 99% recovery rate.

Hope you know Malaria still kills Millions in Africa yearly. That is where we need God to help us!
Please let the west suffer their problem and face your own.

Nigerians have contracted covid-19 without knowing, they would treat the symptoms like thypiod and malaria. Then the body clears the virus and life goes on.

It's not God but your advantage as an African. The same way the west has theirs in other aspects.

©️2021.
the ealier folks stop comparing covid to malaria the better this is a viral upper respiratory ailment which is transmissible by just shaking hands not to mention the other meriad of means to contract it,if u don't have it or have not seen anyone don't assume shit ,us south Africa not in Africa abi na Europe ASia or America e dey
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Moneywirer: 7:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
ahnie:
Nope...even doe they drive me nuts....ayam not ready to take that risk... they're going to sit at home all Tru this week.

Will covid disappear after this week? grin
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by NOSDAVID: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2021
Continue keeping your children at home mumu. Don't ever think of taking them back to school till forever.

Instead of you to confess you don't have school fees for your kids this term and you're siding the govt to close schools to your advantage.

Closing school till when? That's the big question:
Till thy kingdom come when infection rate is 0?

Have you ever heard corona kill any child who went to school.

Are your kids more safe staying at home than other kids at school

It also mean you don't take them to church/mosque or market or even allow them play with neighborhood kids
Or you your self don't even go hurstle cos you get infected and bring it back home.
The thing is that without Gods protection, All your effort is in vain

The only long time solution is
1.tutor you children on protection protocols at school or else where

2.pray for their protection by almighty God.

Leave the rest to God

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by philos(m): 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
If there's anywhere to maintain social distancing, maintain excellent hygiene, strictly wear face masks, etc, it is simply the schools!
Compare the opem markets, where there's always an uncontrollable crowd. Even the church is not better than the schools in terms of observing the Covid 19 protocols.
It is absolutely unnecessary to express undue fears about opening schools.
In fact, its becoming suspicious that those who oppose the opening of schools have a sinister agenda.
Let our schools be open so that even more orientation and reorientation about Covid 19 could be given to the students.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by GetMeRight: 7:18pm On Jan 18, 2021
Puloc:

If u feel opening of sch will kill ur children then go and die.

Puloc:
why don't u go and lock urself and ur kids inside d house so u wouldn't make any contact with people. u can even resign ur position too where u work and go into hibernation so covid-19 will never see u even if it lasts

Puloc:

why don't u even advocate govt locks down d economy again and shut down all basic human. activities and then everybody goes into hibernation so COVID-19 will disappear totally and then the world be free of any problem. Foolish guy .

Puloc:

No keeping them at home this week is too small. why not keep them at home forever so the wouldn't even smell schools again and face any risk?

Puloc:

Why don't u keep ur kid in d house forever away from school, church, parties, markets or any outside contact so they don't pick up a grain of and along these places and bring it back home.

I'm not sure you're mentally okay

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Going to school to learn is irrelevant?
Interesting
You obviously didn't understand my comment. cheesy where did i mention that going to school is irrelevant?

I thought thought that you were complaining that they are at home distroying your laptop, scratches your car and soaking your remote. Therefore they should be sent to school because of your properties they destroyed while not at school.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by MediMedi(m): 7:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
I'm comfortable going back to school.....my believe is nothing gonno happen to me.
AMEN
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by payloader(m): 7:21pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:
As schools resume Monday, January 18, are you comfortable sending your children & wards back to school
My daughter has been going to school since last week. we had a breakout of Covid 19 in my house, and guess who brought it? me. I had all the classic symptoms of very high fever, headaches, loss of smell, alternate heat and cold bouts. The next day, I managed to go to a nearby aboki and bought some of their malaria and typhoid herbal drugs, took one in the day time and one at night; and presto, the fever subsided and I started getting back my appetite. The only thing that stayed with me for awhile was a dry, unproductive cough, and the loss of smell. after going to the gym to resume my workout, I got back my sense of smell that very hour that I started working out. The cough lasted for about an extra week and fizzled out on its own. My wife and daughter had the same experience. Seine will now be asking if I went to the hospital for a confirmation? No! I didn't want NCDC to add us to their list of statistics, after all, the sympts were very clear. My daughter even experienced shortness of breath, in addition to the high fever and excessive headache. Bottom line is, Covid 19 has been over rated. Whole e
conomie
s have been devastated, businesses lost, jobs lost, etc, because of the misinformation deliberately spread by WHO to put fear into people. More people died out of fear and apprehension, hunger and starvation, than the actual Covid. There is no point encouraging this nonsense about closing of schools for a disease that's 99.9% recoverable. Let our kids resume school joor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by GetMeRight: 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2021
MoneyTrees:
I'm happy your signature says you don't reply mentions grin grin
To tell the honest truth after reading your comment I'm happy your kids ain't got no phone they'll see how lopsided their ma reasons.
You have a mediocre reasoning
Please upgrade your logic this year
& Stay safe cheesy wink

Someone expressed her opinion and you insulted her like that! Many of you are simply sick upstair and we don't even know the cure.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Glawrie: 7:23pm On Jan 18, 2021
rottennaija:

Till then. Meanwhile, the duration is enough to see why happens in February.
so if covid 19 still lingers on by then nko... you'll take another leave or you'll resign
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

yea, no mind them
if they want to lockdown they should include churches, NIN offices and the rest. Not just schools.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Glawrie: 7:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
philos:
If there's anywhere to maintain social distancing, maintain excellent hygiene, strictly wear face masks, etc, it is simply the schools!
Compare the opem markets, where there's always an uncontrollable crowd. Even the church is not better than the schools in terms of observing the Covid 19 protocols.
It is absolutely unnecessary to express undue fears about opening schools.
In fact, its becoming suspicious that those who oppose the opening of schools have a sinister agenda.
Let our schools be open so that even more orientation and reorientation about Covid 19 could be given to the students.
God bless you immensely for this
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 7:29pm On Jan 18, 2021
gypsey:
if they want to lockdown they should include churches, NIN offices and the rest. Not just schools.

exactly
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Ayomidexj8(f): 7:36pm On Jan 18, 2021
rottennaija:

30 days

After that 30days I guess you will take another days till nigeria record zero cases of covid19

#gobish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Acquires Land For Universities In Ghana And Congo - Beecroft / How To Manage Your Finances As A Student / How Do I Get Admission Into University Of Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.