Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? (20289 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / KIEK Foundation To Get 1000 Children Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by chewwie(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

bsides, children ain't adults that can care for themselves
Children are less at risk from the Chinese virus than the adults. Check how many children of school age (2-17) have been hospitalized and died from the Chinese virus worldwide and get back to me.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Bosch10(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church was full of people everwhere, why do not you people complain about market?...because you do not want hunger to kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church?..because you are afraid God will send you to hell fire if u did not worship him abi?

The same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let me ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense

The problem of Nigeria is not covid19 but hunger, insecurity and poverty

people die by accident, people die by electric shock, some sleep and dey did not wake up, just like the way people die by road accident so also there are over 1 million ways to die and covid19 is just one of them

we cannot run away from covid19, we can only learn to live with it and manage it like the way we manage malaria, HIV, cancer, sickle cell e.t.c
guy,you made my day. God bless you sir.
dey no wan use eye see school.why
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by rottennaija(m): 7:39pm On Jan 18, 2021
Glawrie:

so if covid 19 still lingers on by then nko... you'll take another leave or you'll resign

Probably... Likely
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Yello1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
Prolificgiant:
Yes of course, they should ensure Strick covid-19 protocol compliance, Register for WAEC AT SOUTHFIELD 6, Awomodu Street, Ladilak. Lagos State and make 100% result..for more details contact me
Once one register 100percent result is certain. Sorry is d 100percent poor or gud result.
And hope it isnt through malpractice shaa
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by MoneyTrees(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
I hate to say this but you're not a real nigarr
I ain't insulting her, but you just did to me & that's not nice grin cheesy
I said her reasoning was lopsided that's just an adjective, it's not even derogatory.
cheesy wink cheesy grin

GetMeRight:

Someone expressed her opinion and you insulted her like that! Many of you are simply sick upstair and we don't even know the cure.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by JuIiusmalema: 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2021
GetMeRight:

Someone expressed her opinion and you insulted her like that! Many of you are simply sick upstair and we don't even know the cure.
both you and the ahnie are foolish.
Instead of you to open up and tell this forum you don't have money to pay your wards fees.
Las Las na poverty go kill of una

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by chewwie(m): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries
The Chinese virus is not a joke, just that the unrelenting targeting of our educational sector is unreasonable and not based on science. Check how many school age children have been hospitalized and died from the Chinese virus worldwide and get back to me.
The Chinese virus generally has a very low death rate. 99.4% of people who get it survive, that's lower than measles and Ebola. The lockdown is complete madness.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 7:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
Bosch10:
guy,you made my day. God bless you sir.
dey no wan use eye see school.why

No mind them
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by iparipa: 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church was full of people everwhere, why do not you people complain about market?...because you do not want hunger to kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church?..because you are afraid God will send you to hell fire if u did not worship him abi?

The same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let me ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense

The problem of Nigeria is not covid19 but hunger, insecurity and poverty

people die by accident, people die by electric shock, some sleep and dey did not wake up, just like the way people die by road accident so also there are over 1 million ways to die and covid19 is just one of them

we cannot run away from covid19, we can only learn to live with it and manage it like the way we manage malaria, HIV, cancer, sickle cell e.t.c

Correct.
I agree with you totally.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
GetMeRight:

I'm not sure you're mentally okay
U're unsure only because u're foolish. Now keep d side and stop talking balderdash here.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Blessed3434(m): 7:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
Nanaborga:
Most Nigerians still think COVID-19 is a joke , it’s obvious we prefer education to our lives and safety , may GOD help us , I know GOD has been helping us that’s why there is low deaths rate in Nigeria and many poor countries
We should know that Covid-19 have actually come to stay, and not to depart soon... So the best remedy is to learn how to stay with it than lockdown, will you stay home for years if the virus live in continuum like other viruses like HIV/AIDS, CANCER, and so on
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Bosch10(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

No mind them
but,are you a teacher? just asking though
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by bluefilm: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
Honduras01:
why is everyone carrying school on their head?

why not talk about markets? .

Covid is here to stay, if u are a victim, u die and u die nah niyen, go and meet baba God. Nah one thing go sha kill man.

Life must continue, But at the same time try to stay safe.

Don't mind all those #COVIDIOTS

They have bought into this weird idea that covid is the only disease that can kill people now.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ayenale1(m): 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2021
ikorodureporta:

why do you people like comparing markets??
most markets are open spaces, compared to the hostel lifestyles in schools..
There's no basis for comparison.. bsides, children ain't adults that can care for themselves

I can't believe this statement; markets have open spaces...are u kidding me...seems u re not in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by richie240: 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt
Laptop spoilt. Infact one washed it under a tap for daddy. Soaking my lappy
Tv wire cut. How that happened still baffles me
Car scratch....bicycle hit
Biscuit and snacks wrappers will reduce. They're always eating

Not forgetting the screams and noises. Make them go!!!!
grin grin grin

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by samnaija: 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2021
The truth is children immunity is not has peak as adults going to the market...
Their immunity is developing, they easily pick up viruses normally faster than adults. Thats why it does not make sense.

The people responding with insults to lady giving her opinion, are very biased, either they are teachers or school owners.

They fail to see that a whole lagos state is allowing primary and secondary schools to resume, but university students are at home, and lagos state is telling it's staff to stay at home till February... Something is not right.. .
So youngest among us should resume, ..... While lagos workers are at home..
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by God2man2again(m): 8:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
Life is all about risk. If you keep children at home during Covid 19, what is the guarantee that you will be comfortable with it?
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by nedekid: 8:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
chewwie:

Children are less at risk from the Chinese virus than the adults. Check how many children of school age (2-17) have been hospitalized and died from the Chinese virus worldwide and get back to me.
I hear the new strain of the virus is deadly towards kids. Besides, the kids bring it home to their parents.
Check out the mtn expatriate manager that died past November.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Dollanaira: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2021
Yes because covid in nigeria is a scam
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by airex(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2021
Black052:
na you gan gan be goat u no just know ni
bakin busuru..
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Seniormanfeyyie(m): 9:01pm On Jan 18, 2021
Lets be reasonable for once. Most people who are against reopening of schools are the ones who,
dont
have school fee for their children like one man in my street he is
always afraid whenever they
say school should open and the lazy public school teachers who want to continue receiving salary without working. Children that are at home playing about with one another didnt contact covid but it is school they will contact it. Do u consider how many private school teachers will be affected again? Dont they have families? How do u want them to cope? Students are in school under supervision of teachers they fear and respect and will do as instructed. University students that are adults can take care of themselves better than market men and women who will consciously or unconsciously disregard covid guidelines. Am not too surprised almost all the so called leaders are not educated. Schools are the first to be locked and the last to be opened. And just incase u dont know majority of the cash government use in paying public school teachers is generated from the annual dues paid by over 7400 private schools in lagos alone and u dont need to ask am a proud teacher and a seasoned educator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by folu4real(f): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
Honduras01:
[s][/s]

Covid is here to stay, if u are a victim, u die and u die nah niyen, go and meet baba God. Nah one thing go sha kill man.

Abi ooo
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by GetMeRight: 9:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
JuIiusmalema:
both you and the ahnie are foolish.
Instead of you to open up and tell this forum you don't have money to pay your wards fees.
Las Las na poverty go kill of una

I guess you were the one helping us pay it before. Only God knows the kind of frustration many of you are dealing with!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ityP(m): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2021
nedekid:

I hear the new strain of the virus is deadly towards kids. Besides, the kids bring it home to their parents.
Check out the mtn expatriate manager that died past November.

Tell me, don't the parents go out? Won't they still bring the virus home to their kids even if schools are closed? See eh, this virus is here to stay. We must learn to live with it
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by stunning4real: 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt
Laptop spoilt. Infact one washed it under a tap for daddy. Soaking my lappy
Tv wire cut. How that happened still baffles me
Car scratch....bicycle hit
Biscuit and snacks wrappers will reduce. They're always eating

Not forgetting the screams and noises. Make them go!!!!
�����I can relate.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Lordbinsmar: 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2021
Honduras01:
[s][/s]

GOD NO GO SHAME YOU.

YOU TOO GET SENSE.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2021
Bosch10:
but,are you a teacher? just asking though

No, i am a 200L university student
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by frozen70(f): 9:38pm On Jan 18, 2021
Prolificgiant:
Yes of course, they should ensure Strick covid-19 protocol compliance, Register for WAEC AT SOUTHFIELD 6, Awomodu Street, Ladilak. Lagos State and make 100% result..for more details contact me

Do you live around Awomodu, Adeshina or Olorunkemi street ?
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by hstar: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
Honduras01:
[s][/s]

U no send at all
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by knowhowk: 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2021
Absolutely No.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by samuelpeters(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
Black052:
the ealier folks stop comparing covid to malaria the better this is a viral upper respiratory ailment which is transmissible by just shaking hands not to mention the other meriad of means to contract it,if u don't have it or have not seen anyone don't assume shit ,us south Africa not in Africa abi na Europe ASia or America e dey
I have seen covid-19 case first hand.
I know it is viral and all those shits. Like I said, our immunity is superior,thanks to our environment.

©️2021.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by HelipsTech: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2021
I'm not. I took leave so I can avoid unnecessary contacts with people.

What makes you think staying at home protects you from Covid?

If the first lock down work, why the second one?

If the first lock down didnt work, why the second one?

I pray your children don't get dump from staying at home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

All Nigerian Scholarships Past Questions & Answers Download / ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike / With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.