Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,289 members, 7,818,984 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? (20281 Views)

Stop Sending Your Children For Holiday Lessons / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools / KIEK Foundation To Get 1000 Children Back To School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by bepositive11: 9:54pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church was full of people everwhere, why do not you people complain about market?...because you do not want hunger to kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church?..because you are afraid God will send you to hell fire if u did not worship him abi?

The same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let me ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense

The problem of Nigeria is not covid19 but hunger, insecurity and poverty

people die by accident, people die by electric shock, some sleep and dey did not wake up, just like the way people die by road accident so also there are over 1 million ways to die and covid19 is just one of them

we cannot run away from covid19, we can only learn to live with it and manage it like the way we manage malaria, HIV, cancer, sickle cell e.t.c

You have some good points but covid is not an ordinary sickness. Some people have lasting lasting symptoms that you don't hear about because the media doesn't cover it. The death rates may be low, but the virus can lead to long term complications. And we still don't know how the virus will affect people in years to come - there's still a lot of unknowns. Some people prefer to be on the safe side - let them be. People like you don't worry much about the long term effects that it will have on your health - that's your choice.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by bepositive11: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Tony142:

what make you think if they sit at home all through this week, corona virus would no longer exist as from next week? keep deceiving yourself

people die by accident, people die by electric shock, some sleep and dey did not wake up, Infact, there are more than 1 millions way to die and corona virus is just one of them

Some people love their lives. You don't. Let them be.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by HelipsTech: 10:00pm On Jan 18, 2021
You have some good points but covid is not an ordinary sickness. Some people have lasting lasting symptoms that you don't hear about because the media doesn't cover it. The death rates may be low, but the virus can lead to long term complications. And we still don't know how the virus will affect people in years to come - there's still a lot of unknowns. Some people prefer to be on the safe side - let them be. People like you don't worry much about the long term effects that it will have on your health - that's your choice.

There is nothing like long term effect of covid if your immune system is strong you overcome otherwise you die unless you are a spirit. If you know you know
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by matm: 10:03pm On Jan 18, 2021
lilbarracuda:

And after this week?

Thats a good parent that loves his kids.Kudos.But he should ensure they stay at home daily,for going out exposes them to covid 19.Taking them to church,markets or to public ceremonies/ board public buses will expose them even more than in school.
On ur own part as their parent,remember to obey all the protocols For if u contract it,automatically ur kids will get it from be on the safest side pls stay at home with ur kids.
For those who dare allow their kids start school,ensure u provide sanitizer and nosemasks for them.
But remember u have d right to keep ur kids at home.No one will force u to allow them go to school.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by samuelpeters(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2021
Black052:
it has come to stay no doubt however Nigeria no like book pass the rest of the world you hear,at least let this figures subside before sending these kids out,and point of correction if u attended a Nigerian public university assuming u are a graduate or an undergraduate then u will know no institution is ready one bit to meet the challenges of covid 19 is it the full capacity hostels like civilian barracks or the class rooms where u have some hanging by window frame bse no space in class
We no like book pass America but their children are not idle.

The figures will not come down even at the end of this year. Since last year March till now, we have been able to test only 1M Nigerians. Which is not even up to 5% of our population. Is it with this our low testing rate that you want figures to come down? grin Countries like SA are testing 100,000 per/day while we are still stuck with 3000 per/day.

Like I said, government and school authorities should make sure students adhere to these protocols. We can't continue to keep them at home while religious centres,markets, airports and other places are open. Even the same FG ordered people to go register for NIN!

Please let them move forward abeg.

©️2021.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by matm: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2021
Parents who love their kids should pls stay with them at home without coming out so as to stay safe.
After all life is more important than school .
However,those whose kids have resumed school equally have the right to do so.Tk God we are in a free world.Covid 19 is real,stay safe.Stay at home with ur lovely adorable kids until we record zero covid 19 case in Nigeria.Gd luck
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Cutiekatty: 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2021
Momcherry:
What people don't understand is that diseases/ sickness spread more in school environment. My daughter brought back lice from school twice even though she's not a boarder, how did she get lice? She helped to pick out lice from her classmate's hair, and that was it, other classmates got it too, she brought it home and we all got a share of it and had to start treating lice, it wasn't a funny experience at all. Lice that is not an airborne disease o. It's only God that will help us sha
This is what I have been saying, disease spread faster with kids , even the teachers can infect them. Let the kids learn digitally from home , because kids can't adhere to strict regulations completely like an adult. For example Lagos state civil servants are working from home till February because of Covid19 now they are sending kids out.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by aguizm(m): 11:41pm On Jan 18, 2021
I laugh at this learning digitally talk. How many people can afford such volume of data daily. And for the civil servants deceiving themselves not me about working from home, I smh. People wey never work for office, na for house them go work. Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Mulisana: 2:19am On Jan 19, 2021
Cuomo pointed out that a recent report by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention proved one of his long-term propositions: The coronavirus has come to New York and was once the center of the global outbreak, mainly from Europe rather than China. He criticized President Donald Trump's coronavirus response, calling the pandemic in the United States "a virus of American division and federal incompetence."
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ahnie: 2:50am On Jan 19, 2021
GetMeRight:

I guess you were the one helping us pay it before. Only God knows the kind of frustration many of you are dealing with!
Hello i think you should learn how to ignore some comments from sick entities.most of them are kids still bn fed by their wards hence their retarded behaviors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Odoctor(m): 2:59am On Jan 19, 2021
Reference:
The virus hasn't morphed to be a direct threat to that age group so for now no problems but, BUT it is only a matter of time before it jumps the age barrier.

The biggest challenge remains the long term physiological damage this virus is going to cause to humanity as a whole, symptoms or not. We will learn more of this pandemic as the years unwind.
Now this is sense talking. I have always maintained, if there are places to open ,it's the schools because the age range on schools almost have 99.9% survival rate. And if there are places to be on lockdown, it's the markets, because they have the adult population that is most at risk.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by portplus: 7:46am On Jan 19, 2021
Rotiix:

Till hunger wire am comot for house

wink grin
You funny o.
That's one good thing for entrepreneurs like you.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by chewwie(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2021
nedekid:

I hear the new strain of the virus is deadly towards kids. Besides, the kids bring it home to their parents.
Check out the mtn expatriate manager that died past November.
There's no scientific evidence to back these new strain claims.
Only 6% of covid-19 fatalities didn't have underlying conditions, the remaining 94% had underlying conditions. Those are risks I'm willing to take.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by TGON(m): 9:21am On Jan 19, 2021
Nuttella:
Corona will not catch any of my family member in Jesus name. Is corona virus a death sentence? Children should go to school, their brains are getting rusty.
now that's the spirit. i wish other moms would think like this
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by TGON(m): 9:24am On Jan 19, 2021
matm:
Parents who love their kids should pls stay with them at home without coming out so as to stay safe.
After all life is more important than school .
However,those whose kids have resumed school equally have the right to do so.Tk God we are in a free world.Covid 19 is real,stay safe.Stay at home with ur lovely adorable kids until we record zero covid 19 case in Nigeria.Gd luck
lol...naija and sacarsm sha...hilarious
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ursamajor: 10:44am On Jan 19, 2021
I give you one week, maybe two weeks max, na you carry key drive dem go school yourself

ahnie:
Nope...even doe they drive me nuts....ayam not ready to take that risk... they're going to sit at home all Tru this week.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Slynation(m): 11:13am On Jan 19, 2021
Tony142:

it seems education is your problem in life, go to any big market around you and see crowds everywhere, I was in church on Sunday yesterday, church was full of people everwhere, why do not you people complain about market?...because you do not want hunger to kill you abi? or why do not you people complain about church?..because you are afraid God will send you to hell fire if u did not worship him abi?

The same Government that shut down school is asking people to go and do their national identity number and link it to their Sim card, let me ask u have u being to NIN office? go there and see the crowds of people trying to do their National identity card

u people will not talk of market, church, NIN office, international border that is open, clubs e.t.c na only school ona see to talk about #nonsense

The problem of Nigeria is not covid19 but hunger, insecurity and poverty

people die by accident, people die by electric shock, some sleep and dey did not wake up, just like the way people die by road accident so also there are over 1 million ways to die and covid19 is just one of them

we cannot run away from covid19, we can only learn to live with it and manage it like the way we manage malaria, HIV, cancer, sickle cell e.t.c
You have spoken like the true son of your Father, The northerners are happy everyone is on dsame level as them, they never loved school, hence education was the only targeted institution regarding this scamdemic brouhaha....
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Tony142: 11:20am On Jan 19, 2021
Slynation:
You have spoken like the true son of your Father, The northerners are happy everyone is on dsame level as them, they never loved school, hence education was the only targeted institution regarding this scamdemic brouhaha....

hahahaha, no mind them
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 19, 2021
Schools have resumed, children have been taught to take precautions.

Locking children at home for 365 days is a foolish idea as 2020 showed, only psychopaths will advice parents to lock their children indefintely in 2021 as if there are no other diseases killing people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by ahnie: 1:17pm On Jan 19, 2021
ursamajor:
I give you one week, maybe two weeks max, na you carry key drive dem go school yourself

I bundled them to school today...lolz I just Kent deal.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2021
Govt should let students resume abeg!!
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by banggy: 8:18pm On Jan 19, 2021
ikorodureporta:
As schools resume Monday, January 18, are you comfortable sending your children & wards back to school
Good evening

Please, I am in need of a sound minded tutor in the following subjects

Economics
Geography
Data processing

Kindly contact me on 07034579079
P.S: Must be Lagos resident, preferably Mainland

Thanks
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 1:17am On Jan 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Make them go abeg!!!!!
Remotes spoilt
Laptop spoilt. Infact one washed it under a tap for daddy. Soaking my lappy
Tv wire cut. How that happened still baffles me
Car scratch....bicycle hit
Biscuit and snacks wrappers will reduce. They're always eating

Not forgetting the screams and noises. Make them go!!!!
I thought you said you won't get married
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:37am On Jan 20, 2021
BKsoul:
I thought you said you won't get married
Who told you I was?
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:38am On Jan 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Who told you I was?
Then which kids are you sending off to school??
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:42am On Jan 20, 2021
BKsoul:
Then which kids are you sending off to school??
Inspector fashola. So to get pikin I must marry. Okay o.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:44am On Jan 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Inspector fashola. So to get pikin I must marry. Okay o.
Oshe.... Eyan baby daddy... Keep spreading the seeds like a bedsheet... A to e ti.
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 20, 2021
BKsoul:
Oshe.... Eyan baby daddy... Keep spreading the seeds like a bedsheet... A to e ti.
Stop jumping to conclusions.... Shey na only baby daddies dey get kids? Since I see you're raring for a fight make I go play PS. We no dey fight again
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:49am On Jan 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Stop jumping to conclusions.... Shey na only baby daddies dey get kids? Since I see you're raring for a fight make I go play PS. We no dey fight again
no be serious fight nah... Just want something that will make me laugh and smile...dasall
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:57am On Jan 20, 2021
BKsoul:
no be serious fight nah... Just want something that will make me laugh and smile...dasall
Fight dey make you laugh? As in E shock me
Re: COVID-19: Are You Comfortable Sending Your Children Back To School?? by Nobody: 3:59am On Jan 20, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Fight dey make you laugh? As in E shock me
lol....does pillow fight make you cry Mr oloyonmeji

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Anambra School Boys Win Bronze At World Tech Festival- PICTURES / All Nigerian Scholarships Past Questions & Answers Download / With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.