Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,819 members, 7,827,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12132 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Revsola: 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jonathan's Sins

1. Allowed wantom corruption: up to a shameful point of allowing Gbenga Daniel to become of one his political patriach.
2. Became an backside-kisser to the same people who didnt want him in power.
3. Turned on the SNG who saved him and who didnt let Turai eat him alive.
4. Finished the entire reserve of the country
5. Became the spokesperson for MEND
6. Ruined a beautiful opportunity to impress Nigerians for a complete year
7. Appointed incompetence all around him, and recently Bianca Ojukwu for some ministry set up for disapora relations Grin
8. Timid, uninsipiring, a fake, unqualified, accidental, semi-illiterate (which is worse than been a illiterate) and totally a shame of a leader.
9. And yes, he has bribed every soul he could squeeze an envelope, even ACOMORAN, the okada riders association got some cash.
10. Failed to appear in an open debate, but prefered a complete interview, showing us this guy wont do what we want, but what PDP wants. A complete puppet of his Obj god father and the pdp scums.

courtesy: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-636908.0.html#msg8034166

Here is another post(here in Nairaland)

EFCC filed charges in a suit number FHC/ABJ/M/340/06 filed on August 21, 2007 at the Federal High Court, Abuja. In the suit,  Mrs. Patience Jonathan, was named as an accomplice in the N104million-money laundering case involving Mrs. Nancy Ebere Nwosu. The said money as revealed by EFCC then was on the order of Mrs Patience Goodluck, laundered into a First Bank of Nigeria account number 3292010060711 held in the name of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited by one Hanner Offor. As a result, the EFCC’s affidavit used in supporting the suit’s originating summons, filed by the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Ofem Uket declared that:

“Our investigations revealed that Mrs. Patience Jonathan, wife of the Governor of Bayelsa State, was the person who instructed one Hanner Offor to launder the said sum of N104, 000, 000 into the account of Nansolyvan Public Relations Limited with First Bank of Nigeria Plc (FBN), Niger House, Marina, Lagos.”

You want to know of sins of Jonathan, our accidental president?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by edicolove: 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
there are truths and there are cliches. corruption is not the greatest problem in Nigeria. this is what a lot of you on NL keep saying but it doesnt make it true. the greatest problem in Nigeria is that we are not one people. as long as we are divided, we will continue to be corrupt. buhari cannot change it in a million years. this is not a military regime. you just cant go around jailing people and killing people. the country has advanced far more than that. you think there are evidence that people like OBJ are corrupt? if there were hard evidence, Atiku would have used it long ago and Tinubu would have been waving it in our faces. Tinubu will give anything to get hard evidence to implicate OBJ. that would be a big plus for him. Atiku would need such an evidence to vindicate himself and he would give anything to have it. these things dont work like you people assume. NIgeria needs to have a system where everyone is respected and welcome and then things will start to change.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by seguno2: 9:01pm On Apr 02, 2011
Kobojunkie:

We are almost into page 3 and still no references for the claims that have been made to this point . . . I am actually open to considering what you have to offer but instead you continue to tie my hand in this -- and I see you pretend you are making some solid argument with the many unsubstantiated claims so far.

Page 3 for where  
lies and half-truths - the trademarks of Buhari and his simplex followers who can't see beyond his public posturing to the stinking rot underneath him.
Pity.
The link you are asking for is the IAEA link you provided on Nigeria. You obviously did not read it OR if you read it, did not fully grasp its important details. I advise you to PLEASE read it again. It is here:

http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf

in case you are still wondering.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Revsola: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
@edicolove
You mean if we are united we will not be corrupt?
No,thats wrong logic!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 9:03pm On Apr 02, 2011
dasa:

This reply is specifically to the people that wont vote for GEJ because he is on the PDP platform.

For now only PDP can deliver a true national leader. maybe in a few years other parties can.

this is why.

PDP is the only National party in Nigeria. all other parties are sleeping. they are based on tribe, religion or location.

PDP has a strong presence in the North, middle belt, south west, south east, and south south.
ACN is mainly in the south west.
Anpp is in a small part of the North.
Apga is in a small part of the south east
CPC(Buhari's personal property) is nothing in buhari's state but has a few almajiris in other states.

the rest do not exist.

These parties shoult mobilise on a national scale if they want to control this country.

GEJ is in the right place. he would have had no chance if he was an ACN candidate.

Please Forget the parrty and vote the man.
you can vote any other person for any other position, but its in our best interest that GEJ wins.

So a man who calls leaders of SW rascals is playing national politics
A man who cannot tell Akpabio to let his opponents campaign in his state/local government area is playing national politics?
A man who looks on while Elecho of Ebonyi refuses Atiku and thereafter ANPP opportunity to campaign has national outlook?
A man who allows Anenih to threaten South South delegates who wished to vote for Atiku at PDP primaries is the best?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
edicolove:

there are truths and there are cliches. corruption is not the greatest problem in Nigeria. this is what a lot of you on NL keep saying but it doesnt make it true. the greatest problem in Nigeria is that we are not one people.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with you again here!!! Corruption remains a big hinderance to development in much of the country. We recently celebrated the rise in GDP, much credited to the increase in oil output, but we never really take time to investigate the trend in the oil economy and how it has remained somewhat resistant to the problems that continue to plague all other aspects of our economy.

The oil industries DO NOT DEPEND on our government on the most part . . . all many of theses companies require from us are information on policies and the rest is up to them, and they seem to know how to manage their business better than we manage the whole country. While the world was in global recession, these companies were instead busy dealing with the one treat they found the major hinderance to their production. As soon as Yar adua helped tackle that problem, the companies went back to running themselves as efficiently as they could. While Nigerians were wondering where their president was, the oil companies were busy growing -- production rose and in return pay to our Government increased. While Jonathan was busy trying to figure out what he would or would not do for the Nation -- these companies were hard at work, churning out oil -- making money for themselves and our country, even in the midst of the chaos and the bombings.

I think it is clear to anyone looking in that the fact that these companies do not themselves run their business on corruption is reason why they seem to be doing really well in a society plagued and sometimes crippled by corruption.

edicolove:
as long as we are divided, we will continue to be corrupt. buhari cannot change it in a million years. this is not a military regime. you just cant go around jailing people and killing people. the country has advanced far more than that. you think there are evidence that people like OBJ are corrupt? if there were hard evidence, Atiku would have used it long ago and Tinubu would have been waving it in our faces. Tinubu will give anything to get hard evidence to implicate OBJ. that would be a big plus for him. Atiku would need such an evidence to vindicate himself and he would give anything to have it. these things dont work like you people assume. NIgeria needs to have a system where everyone is respected and welcome and then things will start to change.

The division is as a result of corruption . . . Nigeria today is more divided than it has ever been in the last 30 years.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

Page 3 for where  
lies and half-truths - the trademarks of Buhari and his simplex followers who can't see beyond his public posturing to the stinking rot underneath him.
Pity.
The link you are asking for is the IAEA link you provided on Nigeria. You obviously did not read it OR if you read it, did not fully grasp its important details. I advise you to PLEASE read it again. It is here:

http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf

in case you are still wondering.

Again . . .
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Still no reference links or documents for claims you continue to make huh? undecided undecided undecided

Again, the document I posted, and read and re-read, does not provide support for any of the claims you continue to make . . .
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2011
BetaThings:

So a man who calls leaders of SW rascals is playing national politics
A man who cannot tell Akpabio to let his opponents campaign in his state/local government area is playing national politics?
A man who looks on while Elecho of Ebonyi refuses Atiku and thereafter ANPP opportunity to campaign has national outlook?
A man who allows Anenih to threaten South South delegates who wished to vote for Atiku at PDP primaries is the best?  
I have a contact in Ebonyi State bros. You have tainted the story. Elechi refused but when the national chairman of the ANPP went to GEJ to complain, Elechi was cautioned and ANPP did not only hold their rally, it was held in style. I cannot talk about the other instances you mentioned.

I got this info from an ANPP supporter mind you.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
This is what the document has on that period  

A key point that emerges from the table is that there has been very marginal improvement in electricity infrastructure over the years. [b]Between 1985 and 2000, electricity generation capacity grew by a mere 10 per cent in Nigeria [/b]compared to 332 per cent in Vietnam, 142 per cent in Iran, 237 per cent in Indonesia, 243 per cent in Malaysia and 205 per cent in South Korea (Maigida, 2008). Electricity generation capacity is also far below comparator countries. Nigeria, with a population of over 150 million people, has an installed generation capacity of 6000MW compared to UAE 4740MW to a population of 4 million or South Africa that has 46000MW to 44million people.

The Graphs don't even tell the same story you are attempting to sell us here . . . .http://www.iaee.org/documents/newsletterarticles/408adeola.pdf
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by JimmyBoy1: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
PDP has managed to prove to one point to us I.e corruption has no tribe or region. Many of us though that it is only our nothern brothers that are corrupt due to their prolonnged domination under millatry era. Now we have seen chronic PDP crook governors in all geo-political zones of the federation . Hwever, we want a Nigeria that will be unified by even properity off all people, fairness and justice.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dasa: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
@BETA THINGS.

He did not call SW leaders rascal. go and read his exact words.
what Elecho does is entirely up to him. the act is condemnable. but CPC supporters threw stones at GEJ's convoy, will you say Buhari told them to? i am sure you wont. when you have supporters, some will do wrong thinking it is in your best interest. all you can do is caution them after the did has been done.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
seguno2:

the same way no one accused Shehu Shagari of corruption. Yet he was the party leader for Umaru Dikko and Adisa Akinloye who were notoriously loud billionaires who made their money under Shagari's holy me-I-no-dey-corrupt watch.

Buhari just like Shagari MAY not be personally corrupt in the SIMPLE sense of stealing money directly. However they are both MORALLY corrupt by allowing others that are very close to them to steal.
Buhari's case is even worse because he allows others to steal only to come back later to expect them to spend such money for his comatose election campaigns and election court case.
Bull.excreta posturing and pure hypocrisy that cannot stand up to deep examination.
How did Buhari allow others to steal and come back? FACTS pls
But Jonathan who has been in that PDP cesspit of corruption and deceit is morally sound?
A man who has with a single stroke abolished the Yaradua-instituted convention of making assets declaration public is your candidate
A man who rejoices with ex-convict (corruption case) is to be preferred to a man who rails
How come all the crooks (and bad/hit men) in town are endorsing Jonathan?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2011
BetaThings:

While Buhari was a GOC, he firmly repelled the invasion of a foreign force
What was the foreign force? Chadian rebels marauding along the Borno-Chad border. General Buhari went beyond his purview by crossing the border and going 16/17 kilometers into Chadian territory. He disobeyed direct orders not to enter Chadian territory. That is insubordination. In any civilized society: That day would make the end of his military career but because this is Nigeria of bendable rules and quota system, he stayed on to plot a coup.  

You children posting should acquaint yourselves with the facts of history before coming here to post rubbish. If you don't know ask your parents or older siblings.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 9:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
dasa:

@BETA THINGS.

He did not call SW leaders rascal. go and read his exact words.
what Elecho does is entirely up to him. the act is condemnable. but CPC supporters threw stones at GEJ's convoy, will you say Buhari told them to? i am sure you wont. when you have supporters, some will do wrong thinking it is in your best interest. all you can do is caution them after the did has been done.
Put his exact words here
And I will advise you to and watch the clip - it is very very ferocious and militant!
Faceless CPC supporters cannot be compared to a state governor who is GEJ's campaign co-ordinator
BTW that Elechi stopped Atiku who was campaigning as an opponent of GEJ in PDP primaries. Elechi has no business with Atiku beyond that
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dasa: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2011
make i leave this debate abeg. no need to talk. vote ur own candidate make we see who go win. GEJ is the popular candidate in Nigeria. Besides, Nigeria does not need a saint. we need a man whoo loves the people. see u election day
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by DrummaBoy(m): 9:25pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

I have read several negative posts about buhari, but I am yet a single person accussing him of corruption. All I hear is that his regim was high-handed, he is an islamic radical and he said abacha did not steal. We should not forget that the PTF was probed by OBJ, we all know that the vindictive OBJ would have thrown him to the lions by now assuming he was indicted in any form. On the high-handedness, this was an innocent mistake that any true leader because as he never enriched himself with it. He has since atoned for this, as this has affected his political fortunes since 1999. However, Nigerians have tested those that claim to observe the rule of law, and have realized that integrity is the missing link in the leadership of this country.You can advise these thieves to also atone for their evil by returning every kobo stolen back to the Nigerian people. Until this is done, buhari is our only hope. I learnt they have released ibori today on health ground,I laugh, we are no naïve enough to buy the health story, they copied that story line from the lockerbie bomber saga between UK and libya. Shame on them.
The above is the finest response to all anti-BB. I am just full of hope at the prospects of anything but PDP from these elections.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2011
I don VEX! angry angry angry angry angry HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD CAN ANYBODY ANY SANE PERSON CLAIM "THERE WAS NO BLACKOUT IN 1983" "POWER WAS NOT A PROBLEM IN 1983" Whoever claims that must have been born in 1988 or is totally MAD! How many of these "enlightened posters"  were actually ALIVE during that period? Please ask your parents when these words became popular in Nigeria:

HOARDING, ECONOMIC SABOTEUR; ESSENTIAL COMMODITY (ESSENCO), PRICE CONTROLS, FOREIGN CURRENCY TRAFFICKING (READ FOREIGN CURRENCY POSSESSION- IT GOT FELA A JAIL TERM) NIGERIAN NATIONAL SUPPLY COMPANY. SOLDIERS BREAK INTO WAREHOUSES OF BUSINESS MEN WHO REFUSED TO SELL  THEIR PRODUCTS BELOW COST AND SHARED OR BURNED THEM (THEY WERE "ECONOMIC SABOTEURS" NIGERIANS WERE QUEUING FOR RICE MILK AND SUGAR!!! QUEUING LIKE WAR TIME GERMANY AND COMMUNIST EUROPE! IF YOU STORE KEROSENE IN YOUR HOUSE (AS LITTLE AS 20 LITRES) IT WAS "HOARDING AND ECONOMIC SABOTAGE" (MY DAD WAS ALMOST ARRESTED FOR THAT, HE HAD TO BRIBE THE SOLDIERS grin. UPE DIED UNDER BUHARI, IT WAS DURING HIS GOVT THAT PUBLIC PRIMARY  SCHOOLS STARTED PAYING SCHOOL FEES(=N=5) YES THAT WASNT A TYPO FIVE NAIRA.

Excuse my caps but I am seriously P.I.SSE.D OFF when people who did not go to school when there was NO INTERNET pound their keyboards, post useless links and try to pontificate on matters they neither understand nor can properly analyse. I don't support GEJ or BB or NWA!(una know them?) If want to campaign for BB GEJ or RPG go ahead but please DO NOT EVEN TRY TO ATTEMPT TO VENTURE TO REWRITE HISTORY AND "ANALYSE" THINGS YOU DONT KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT.
OBJ, SHAGARI, BUHARI, IBB WHOEVER, YARDua, GEJ have one thing in common-THEY ALL PROMISED US POWER BUT WE NO SEE AM
so none of them has a leg to stand on.

ps: if ANYBODY AS ME FOR LINK ABOUT THE ABOVE U GO RECEIVE SLAP! I LIVED THROUGH IT
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 9:32pm On Apr 02, 2011
Buhari fought against freedom of speech, expression and association. He denied us the great opportunity of starting our democracy early. It is ironic today that he is using the media he once persecuted to fuel his ambition of leading in a democratic society!

Say NO to the old order and EXPIRED leadership.

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by EvilBrain1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
dasa:

This reply is specifically to the people that wont vote for GEJ because he is on the PDP platform.

For now only PDP can deliver a true national leader. maybe in a few years other parties can.

this is why.

PDP is the only National party in Nigeria. all other parties are sleeping. they are based on tribe, religion or location.

PDP has a strong presence in the North, middle belt, south west, south east, and south south.
ACN is mainly in the south west.
Anpp is in a small part of the North.
Apga is in a small part of the south east
CPC(Buhari's personal property) is nothing in buhari's state but has a few almajiris in other states.

the rest do not exist.

These parties shoult mobilise on a national scale if they want to control this country.

If you want gold, you have to dig in the dirt
if you want diamond, you will most likely enter a dirty river.

GEJ is in the right place. he would have had no chance if he was an ACN candidate.

Please Forget the parrty and vote the man.
you can vote any other person for any other position, but its in our best interest that GEJ wins.

So you're asking us to vote PDP because they are big even though we know they're a bunch of thieves and looters? Ridiculous!

Anyway, the bolded part shows the folly of GEJ supporters. I'm sorry, there's no kind way to say this, you're all a bunch of mugus! You've forgotten that you fell for the same trick 4 years ago when they said Yar'Adua was such a kind, wonderful man and that he was going to change the party for the better. How did that turn out for you? Remind me!

Jonathan has deceived you people that he is the single bar of chocolate floating in the sea of faeces that is the PDP. But only a foo.l would put something like that in his mouth. If you swim with sharks, you are a shark. There are no honest men in the PDP. I wonder why you think all the PDP thieves are supporting him.

You people should read my previous post if you still need convincing. May God save Nigeria!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by edicolove: 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Quote from: edicolove on Today at 08:59:01 PM
there are truths and there are cliches. corruption is not the greatest problem in Nigeria. this is what a lot of you on NL keep saying but it doesnt make it true. the greatest problem in Nigeria is that we are not one people.

Unfortunately, I do not agree with you again here!!! Corruption remains a big hinderance to development in much of the country. We recently celebrated the rise in GDP, much credited to the increase in oil output, but we never really take time to investigate the trend in the oil economy and how it has remained somewhat resistant to the problems that continue to plague all other aspects of our economy.

The oil industries DO NOT DEPEND on our government on the most part .  .  . all many of theses companies require from us are information on policies and the rest is up to them, and they seem to know how to manage their business better than we manage the whole country. While the world was in global recession, these companies were instead busy dealing with the one treat they found the major hinderance to their production. As soon as Yar adua helped tackle that problem, the companies went back to running themselves as efficiently as they could. While Nigerians were wondering where their president was, the oil companies were busy growing -- production rose and in return pay to our Government increased. While Jonathan was busy trying to figure out what he would or would not do for the Nation -- these companies were hard at work, churning out oil -- making money for themselves and our country, even in the midst of the chaos and the bombings.

I think it is clear to anyone looking in that the fact that these companies do not themselves run their business on corruption is reason why they seem to be doing really well in a society plagued and sometimes crippled by corruption.

Quote from: edicolove on Today at 08:59:01 PM
as long as we are divided, we will continue to be corrupt. buhari cannot change it in a million years. this is not a military regime. you just cant go around jailing people and killing people. the country has advanced far more than that. you think there are evidence that people like OBJ are corrupt? if there were hard evidence, Atiku would have used it long ago and Tinubu would have been waving it in our faces. Tinubu will give anything to get hard evidence to implicate OBJ. that would be a big plus for him. Atiku would need such an evidence to vindicate himself and he would give anything to have it. these things dont work like you people assume. NIgeria needs to have a system where everyone is respected and welcome and then things will start to change.

The division is as a result of corruption  . . . Nigeria today is more divided than it has ever been in the last 30 years.

your post here shows you have little knowledge of what is going on in the Niger Delta. i come from the Niger Delta, the marginalization in the oil companies is alarming. this same oil companies you are commending are the reason for the destruction of the Niger Delta. They are very comfortable because they are the biggest oil bunkerers. they make far more money from oil bunkering than you can imagine. their greatest collaborators, are the northerners. the indigenious niger delta people cannot do anything about it. this is what gave rise to militancy. please when next you come to nigeria, do a litte travelling and go see for yourself. the norths only interest is to embezzle and dominate. this is the reason for corruption not the other way round. there are what you call causes and effects.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
edicolove:

your post here shows you have little knowledge of what is going on in the Niger Delta. i come from the Niger Delta, the marginalization in the oil companies is alarming. this same oil companies you are commending are the reason for the destruction of the Niger Delta. They are very comfortable because they are the biggest oil bunkerers. they make far more money from oil bunkering than you can imagine. their greatest collaborators, are the northerners. the indigenious niger delta people cannot do anything about it. this is what gave rise to militancy. please when next you come to nigeria, do a litte travelling and go see for yourself. the norths only interest is to embezzle and dominate. this is the reason for corruption not the other way round. there are what you call causes and effects.

Dude, you can come from mammy water land for all I care but the fact is . . . this is not about your perception of what is going on down in ND !!! Please do not turn this into some useless debate . . . . focus instead on the actual content of the post you are supposedly responding to there please. Because that is the only way you can respond appropriately here. DEVIATING only shows you probably cannot hold your own in this!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

I don VEX! angry angry angry angry angry HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD CAN ANYBODY ANY SANE PERSON CLAIM "THERE WAS NO BLACKOUT IN 1983" "POWER WAS NOT A PROBLEM IN 1983" Whoever claims that must have been born in 1988 or is totally MAD! How many of these "enlightened posters"  were actually ALIVE during that period? Please ask your parents when these words became popular in Nigeria:

Excuse my caps but I am seriously P.I.SSE.D OFF when people who did not go to school when there was NO INTERNET pound their keyboards, post useless links and try to pontificate on matters they neither understand nor can properly analyse. I don't support GEJ or BB or NWA!(una know them?) If want to campaign for BB GEJ or RPG go ahead but please DO NOT EVEN TRY TO ATTEMPT TO VENTURE TO REWRITE HISTORY AND "ANALYSE" THINGS YOU DONT KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT.

ps: if ANYBODY AS ME FOR LINK ABOUT THE ABOVE U GO RECEIVE SLAP! I LIVED THROUGH IT

^^If na facebook be this, I for don press "Like".
No mind this children that want to re-write history that we lived through and experienced for ourselves.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 9:51pm On Apr 02, 2011
President suspends Campaign Director for insulting Buhari
The director of research and strategy of the oodluck/Sambo campaign organisation, Mike Omeri has been suspended for ignoring the president's directive not to engage opposition parties in smear campaigns.

The suspension was ordered by President Goodluck Jonathan The letter, dated March 22, 2011, which conveyed Mr. Omeri's suspension yesterday, was signed by the director general of the Presidential Campaign Council of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dalhatu Tafida, who said he (Omeri) was making pronouncements without clearance from his superiors.
http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/48509/1/president-suspends-campaign-director-for-insulting.html
Vote the peace maker GEJ 2011
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^ am sorry kobo but you are in DIRE need of enlightenment. Knowledge does not come from browsing websites and posting links. You may sometimes need to read those little things called BOOKS. I will recommend the following:

The Seven Sisters: The Great Oil Companies and the World They Shaped-Anthony Sampson
Confessions of an Economic Hitman- John Perkins
The Arms Bazaar-Anthony Sampson
This House Has Fallen:Nigeria in Crisis- Karl Maier
Chain of Command- The road from 9/11 to Abu Ghraib- Seymour M Hersch.
The World is Flat- Thomas L. Freidman

Read them and understand the world of geopolitics and some history. Its not all about copy and paste
ps: you can find the books on Amazon wink
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by MaiSuya(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
GEJ for president.  tongue
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by ziccoit: 9:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
stildude:

I want to comment on the issue of  black out in Nigeria. I can say that since I was a child, the issue of blackout has always been there in Nigeria. In a few years, I would be celebrating my 40th xmas. The only thing you could say is that the black out frequency is more now than back in the days. That also is due to the mere fact that there are more people in Nigeria now compared to '83. There is also more consumption of power as result of more industrialization in the country. In Buhari's days, we were mostly importing (and even forced to sell below cost price). We hardly were a producing nation. Cocoa and cotton didn't need much power unlike common sealing of bottle water now. Even the roads were not used much back then compared  to now. The roads are getting bad more easily partly cos there is huge pressure on them compared to 80s. It is foolish to compare achievements and challenges between the times.

Perfect, but Oga you forgot to mention the Nigeria budgets of just millions in 80s to trillions we are having now. There were results then but none now?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
How Buhari jailed his campaign DG in 1984, by Daiyabu
NewsMar 21, 2011

*Says Buhari may have lost opportunity to become president
BY JIDE AJANI, EDITOR, NORTHERN OPERATIONS
ABUJA - Further insight was given yesterday into General Muhammadu Buhari’s style of leadership with a revelation alleging that the Director General of his campaign organisation, Dr. Sule Hamman, was sent to jail by the former in 1984 as part of those he hauled into detention immediately after taking over through a military coup on December 31, 1983.
This was part of the views expressed by fiery politician from Kano, Mallam Abdulkarim Daiyabu, in a telephone interview with Vanguard yesterday.
Daiyabu, who was a protégé of late Mallam Aminu Kano and the Yoruba sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, also revealed that General Buhari, who is the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC, may have lost a golden opportunity to win the presidential election slated for April 9, 2011.
The Kano-based politician told Vanguard that Buhari remains an uncorrupt and incorruptible individual but alleged that “it [size=24pt]is for people like Buhari to answer why the person he sent to jail in 1984 when he took over as Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria should today be the Director General of his campaign, Dr. Sule Hamman. [/size]
He sent many people to jail for looting the treasuries in their states when he became Head of State and Commander-in-Chief.
“That is a question he would have to answer and tell Nigerians the reason.  In fact, it remains curious for me and I suspect that there are some people in Buhari’s campaign organisation who may be advising him wrongly”.
Asked to provide evidence of his suspicion, Daiyabu explained that “what I expected Buhari to have done, as a man who is respected by many because they see him as being clean, is to have accepted the platform provided by the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN
Is he no longer corrupt? Does it mean he jailed innocent citizens? Too many questions
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 9:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

^^ am sorry kobo but you are in DIRE need of enlightenment. Knowledge does not come from browsing websites and posting links. You may sometimes need to read those little things called BOOKS. I will recommend the following:

The Seven Sisters: The Great Oil Companies and the World They Shaped-Anthony Sampson

Read them and understand the world of geopolitics and some history. Its not all about copy and paste

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

LWBMB!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

WHAT THE FRELL  . . . You pick out some of the major books that belong in the CookBook for the Majorly MindF*cked   as knowledge  shocked shocked shocked ?? ROFLMAO!!! Why didn't you add David Brown's  "The Holy Grail"   to the list  . . .   grin cheesy grin

No wonder you have not been making sense all this while . . . wait a minute . . . is this @Cap28 or his kid brother

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
cry cry my people perish for lack of knowledge. Excuse me I called them BOOKS they are not novels or mills and boom. Madam am sorry to break the news but using the F word and sounding cute is no substitute for reasoned arguments and KNOWLEDGE. Clearly you don't know ANY of the books mentioned (notice I said you don't KNOW) or the authors which is no problem but describing them the way you did is really sad. It would have served you well to quietly do your thing- punch up a few keys on google. While you are at it you may also add the following:

The Man Died-Wole Soyinka
You must set forth at Dawn-Wole Soyinka

At least you have HEARD about HIM am sure.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

cry cry my people perish for lack of knowledge. Excuse me I called them BOOKS they are not novels or mills and boom. Madam am sorry to break the news but using the F word and sounding cute is no substitute for reasoned arguments and KNOWLEDGE. Clearly you don't know ANY of the books mentioned (notice I said you don't KNOW) or the authors which is no problem but describing them the way you did is really sad. It would have served you well to quietly do your thing- punch up a few keys on google. While you are at it you may also add the following:

The Man Died-Wole Soyinka
You must set forth at Dawn-Wole Soyinka

At least you have HEARD about HIM am sure.

I don't know?? ROFLMAO!!!

Dude, I know enough to know that considering the theories spewed in many of those books as KNOWLEDGE is signs one probably needs help . . . Again, I ask, are you related to @Cap28?? ROFLMAO!!!
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
You always ROTWATEVA to cover up your lack of knowledge, usually when there are no links to copy and paste. The retort- "I know enough to know, " is usually a defensive mechanism for people who really don't know anything. *sigh* Let me recommend one that will suit your taste:
SOZABOY: A Novel in Rotten English- Ken Saro-Wiwa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oyegun Wins Polling Unit / How To Join Politics / FG To Governors: Collaborate To Develop Regional Railway Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.