Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,653 members, 7,854,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 04:08 AM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12170 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2011
According to Ototis who carried out an emergency maintenance of the Jebba station, it was commissioned in 1983.
http://www.ototisengineering.com/
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 3:27pm On Apr 03, 2011
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO!!! Oh yes . . . it has been proven, even when document after document, posted so far, do not show that to have been the case!!! 
http://www.unido.org/fileadmin/import/52413_Mr._Ismaila_Haliru_Zarma.pdf

But you have made NO POINT  . . . . you are still doing the same old  . .  picking around  for substance. Again, where the evidence you have to show that power was an economic issue, as you claim, in the early 80's? All you have done is show that there were power projects running through the period but none of that supports your claim even to this point.

By the way . . . IBB did not do build those plants . . . the plans were already in place from the late 70's . . . all the government needed was to adequately fund the constructions. I mean think . .  none of these dams were built in 2 minutes . .  we are talking years of construction here. At least about 3 for each . . . use your head a bit more in this. Anyways, Jebba was online by 1984 -- shiroro was completed in the late 80's and came online 1989 – 1990.

http://www.dawodu.com/aluko105.htm

Disjointed thoughts! That must have hurt you really bad! Don't worry, I'll let you save face while I move on to more important issues.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2011
roflamo!!! PS. the post you quoted has been modified to include more corrections to some of the assertions you have made so far!

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by scopusng(m): 3:31pm On Apr 03, 2011
GEJ election wahala in lagos

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by userlist(f): 3:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
@efisher
We have even gone a step further to show that IBB was even more serious than that joker. IBB did not need up to a year before he commissioned Jebba. Check the facts.

So what has GEJ added for the year he has been there
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
Lol.
Kobojunkie, you are so childish cute! BTW How old are you?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Apr 03, 2011
@scopusng, do you mind taking that picture off? It is really disturbing . . . you could go post it on GoodLuck's Facebook instead please!!! cry cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by recoome(m): 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2011
@ evil brain, u cannot blackmail us into voting 4 the red eyed shariaist, we are unshaken in our resolve 2 support GEJ in view of his laudable achievements, so take ur propaganda somewhere else.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Sulerabdul(m): 4:28pm On Apr 03, 2011
I can not vote for goodlock because: 1) his gangs that supported him are worse people we have in Nigeria, 2)he is father of militant because he supported them. 3)his regime of bomb blast in Nigeria 4)can not control a common crises of jos and Bokoharam. 5) the huge amount of money he loot and use them for his campaign 6) the 3800mw are useless b/c we can't have a 3hours light in 24hours 6) down grade of edutional system. 7) insecurity because now in Nigeria u are always at risk of dead. coolunemployment because i am now a second class honor upper division without work 4 almost one year
Ozin:

Buhari who many claim is not corrupt has also accepted all the so called criminals in PDP be his financier and make 90% of CPC current membership.Dictator Buhari is nothing but an hypocrites!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2011
Reject Fascism

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2011
No. He can never be trusted again. He lost his chance already. It is backward to go back to what we have left behind in the bitter past.

This is how backward thinking goes:

* "Maybe we should go back to Buhari"       

* "Maybe we should go back to military rule"

* "Maybe we should go back to colonialism"

* "Maybe we should go back to slavery"

* "Maybe we should stop wearing clothes"

Chronologically, the starting point of backwardness is BUHARI! The best way to reverse all the progress made so far.
We should not try to recycle something out of nothing. We need to move forward not backwards.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Dikyson: 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
BB is good man, but for him to have overthrow an elected democratic Govt, He has lost is mandate in democracy. sorry, BB sorry, BB sorry, BB. GEJ to win and win again
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^ Nothing according to the Constitution which defines our democracy!!! He didn't create the document!grin grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dapoola(m): 6:24pm On Apr 03, 2011
Testimony By a Nigerian on Why They Didn't vote Buhari before . In 2011, GMB is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though some claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led. We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know. But now we know, We know that he has followership in the north that money can't buy. We know that those who follow him are poor, and follow him out of hope and belief in his values. need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank". Now we know that here is someone that has been in everything to make him an IBB or Danjuma, but didn't take that road. We feared he was an Islamic fundamentalist,but he challenged us to provide any human being who can point at anything he did to show that. Now we know, that it's about the values, The only former head of state that does not own a house in Abuja . Educate someone. I just did!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2011
Its all bull$hit. Ribadu is the way forward. The future is the most important thing for the masses not the past.
Whatever has happened in the past can never change anything about the future so u guys should just drop all the arguments and lets see what pot May 29 will bring to us
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by gymer(m): 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2011
NASS election now holds on 9th April, Presidential 16th April and Governors and House of Assemblies now holds on 26th of April
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by nateevs(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
Ok the original issue has derailed a lot. Alethia, Efisher, can we go on and list the past sins of GEJ? And please don't evade.
Well you probably will.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nicepoker(m): 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
even the dogs, goats, and sheeps will never elect Buhari as their leader let alone clean humans like us To HELL WITH BUHARI
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by ojofree: 7:33pm On Apr 03, 2011
Buhari simply lacks the presence, carriage and charisma to be a leader, that is why his is the only government that needed appending the name of a junior officer as a suffix IDIAGBON to lend it respectability, we always remember that era as the BUHARI-IDIAGBON REGIME , Nigerians never bothered with him, everybody held IDIAGBON in higher esteem, have you never wondered why it wasn't BABANGIDA/AIKHOMU or ABACHA/DIYA? those rulers had the presence and charisma, Buhari simply lacks it, if you notice, history is repeating itself, even his apologists find themselves calling him BB (BUHARI BAKARE)
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 7:34pm On Apr 03, 2011
^ Good thinking there.

They say "You cannot teach an old dog new tricks". Nobody should expect change from such a person who has already used up all the vitality there is in him.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Demdem(m): 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2011
ojofree:

Buhari simply lacks the presence, carriage and charisma to be a leader, that is why his is the only government that needed appending the name of a junior officer as a suffix IDIAGBON to lend it respectability, we always remember that era as the BUHARI-IDIAGBON REGIME , Nigerians never bothered with him, everybody held IDIAGBON in higher esteem, have you never wondered why it wasn't BABANGIDA/AIKHOMU or ABACHA/DIYA? those rulers had the presence and charisma, Buhari simply lacks it, if you notice, history is repeating itself, even his apologists find themselves calling him BB (BUHARI BAKARE)

well, i see it in a different way if this your assertion is right. that shows he is not such a dictatorial person as he is being accused. he likes to carry every one along which is a democratic quality. However his management skills arent in doubt. He showed us this when he was in PTF and excelled greatly with enough results to show for it. or do you know of any assistant of his (assistant chairman-PTF) during those days?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
Below is the partial lyrics of the track "ORIGINAL SUFFER HEAD" by Fela Kuti released in 1982:

Water, lighti, foodu, housi,- water, lighti, foodu, housi ye kparipka o, (wetin do dem) wetin do dem ehen (wetin do dem) you mean you no know (wetin do dem) I go tell you, when I tell you, you go hear am- dat means to say you no dey for nigeria be dat, you se yoursef you no dey for africa at all-(@ kobo) you must dey comu from london from new york from brazil from germany from frankfurt, from spanish from portugal from romu from italy from arabia from moscow and chicago. If you dey for africa where we deyy u go know (i go know wetin) you go know (i gonknow wetin) plenty aboutu wateeerrr lightiiiii fooduuuu housiii,

The song goes on to detail power shortages, lack of housing and food. This was in 1982! Your case is worse than people who comu from london, you were not even born then! Like i said before- LEARN IN SILENCE!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
Demdem:

well, i see it in a different way if this your assertion is right. that shows he is not such a dictatorial person as he is being accused. he likes to carry every one along which is a democratic quality. However his management skills arent in doubt. He showed us this when he was in PTF and excelled greatly with enough results to show for it. or do you know of any assistant of his (assistant chairman-PTF) during those days?

And in another way he has no credential as a person without Idiagbon.

In PTF it was Afro consultants my friend. Under his nose 14% (25B) of the money that accrued to PTF was misappropriated and he was not aware of the monumental corruption.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

Its all bull$hit. Ribadu is the way forward. The future is the most important thing for the masses not the past.
Whatever has happened in the past can never change anything about the future so u guys should just drop all the arguments and lets see what pot May 29 will bring to us

I am sorry Ribadu did his own career in . He knew we were trying to get rid of the godfathers and what did he do? Get himself a godfather and then make statements that shocked a lot of us.

I mean he could still win but I wouldn't then expect him to change the country much since he now surrounds himself with some of the same people we are trying to get away from.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Demdem(m): 8:11pm On Apr 03, 2011
agabaI23:

And in another way he has no credential as a person without Idiagbon.

In PTF it was Afro consultants my friend. Under his nose 14% (25B) of the money that accrued to PTF was misappropriated and he was not aware of the monumental corruption.

since this point of his is multi-faceted and could be seen in many ways then it should be thrown into the bin and not valid. What do you think?

As at then, PTF = BUHARI. not many, infact few (most likely the contractors) knew about those consultants. he was definately in charge of PTF. U mean this money was misappropriated and the man OBJ sent to clean up the place to nail buhari didnt dig it out instead he himself find himself in jail for stealing millions of dollars. i doubt this very much
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by ojofree: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2011

Since Obama is so democratic we should be saying OBAMA/BIDEN, my friend admit it, BUHARI simply does not have what it takes,
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Demdem(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2011
ojofree:

Since Obama is so democratic we should be saying OBAMA/BIDEN, my friend admit it, BUHARI simply does not have what it takes,

The bolded made no sense to me please kindly expantiate. I cant admit that notion of yours, Give me reasons that makes him not have what it takes?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by EvilBrain1(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2011
agabaI23:

You are right on the highlighted and I do not contest a good argument like the BB people who cannot accept that Buhari goes to toilet. However in this case, you cannot visit the sins of the father on the offspring. GEJ is toeing a different part with rogues around him just like we have the same rogues who ran things at one time or the other making up to at least 75% of the people in CPC.

He has ideas and clear road maps which will surely change the status quo. The same cannot be said of Buhari and you and I know that Buhari's selling point is his questionable 'straightforwardness' which has been applied to his party by association and very erroneous applied to his party members by extension.

Please explain to me how GEJ is materially different from the PDP rogues. He's been president for a year and he's been running the country in the same corrupt PDP way, so I really don't know what you are talking about. In all his 12 years as a senior PDP member, I can't think of a single thing he has done that has made me think he didn't fit in with the other thieves. If you swim with sharks, you are a shark. End of Discussion.

I'm amazed at how people can for the "he's not like the other PDP thieves" trick for 2 elections in a row. They said the exact same thing about Yar'Adua if you remember, and they'll say the same thing about the next thief they want us to vote for. Don't be their mugu.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by EvilBrain1(m): 8:45pm On Apr 03, 2011
oyewolejos:

I used to support Nuhu Ribadu too but its become abundantly clear that he has no real chance of winning. A vote for him is a vote for PDP because he's just splitting the anti-PDP block. Don't waste your vote. Buhari is far from perfect, but anything is better than another PDP presidency. Hopefully Ribadu will have the good sense to step down and endorse Buhari. We can't miss this chance to kick out the PDP looters.

If we are not careful, we'll be living in totalitarian PDP kleptocracy in a few short years. May God save Nigeria!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2011
@GEJ goons,reason why everyone is calling Buharis name is because we are fed up to our throats withe the same faces that have bled us dry.
we are sick and tired of seeing them doing nothing and frittering our money away.
me personally i am so repulsed that i dont even bother to watch tv or buy papers anymore because of my mental health.
people are ticking time-bombs that is why any situation escalates,
why cant pdp just leave us alone.are they deaf or blind or has greed eaten so deep into their DNA that they have lost any form of reason
WE ARE TIRED OF SEEING YOUR FAT,INDULGENT AVARIOUS FACES AND DULL DULL BRAINS,
EVEN CHILDREN HATE ALL OF YOU
GO AWAY WE DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE BECAUSE U HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER US ANYMORE ONLY PROMISES AND EXCUSES, GO AWAY PLEASE
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by gymer(m): 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2011
God bless Alitheia, Agaba123 and Efisher (Amen). I am impress with your debt of knowledge on issues. I have been well educated with your information on Buhari. I cannot be deceived. GEJ has my vote.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 9:02pm On Apr 03, 2011
Evil Brain:

I used to support Nuhu Ribadu too but its become abundantly clear that he has no real chance of winning. A vote for him is a vote for PDP because he's just splitting the anti-PDP block. Don't waste your vote. Buhari is far from perfect, but anything is better than another PDP presidency. Hopefully Ribadu will have the good sense to step down and endorse Buhari. We can't miss this chance to kick out the PDP looters.

If we are not careful, we'll be living in  totalitarian PDP kleptocracy in a few short years. May God save Nigeria!

Under what ground? If u are a politician with 18 million votes coming from the SW alone and majority of  votes from Benue, Imo, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Jigawa, Adamawa, Anambra, Rivers, Sokoto will u step down for another politician? What about million of your followers? Will u just let them down cos one General is desperate to be president? Politics is a service not a must so even if he doesn't win in a free and fair election he stands a better chance next time.
The million of youths yearning for change in this country want total change not recycling.
We are voting for principle not just to get replace PDP with another calamity but replace them with the best Man for the job.
Since Buhari scattered the alliance then lets go to the polls and see what will happen.
How do u expect a party with 4 Governors to abandon their party and follow a less than a year old party to the polls?
You want to appoint the VP and the Party Chairman without any input from the other party in the alliance, are u taking them for a fool or what?
Why will u dump a party that gave u the platform to contest an election in 2003 and 2007 on a platter of gold just because they insist u will have to go through primaries for 2011?
This election is about principle and i know Nigerians know better.
I wish Buhari best of luck but he should know that Nigeria is bigger than any personal ambition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment / SON Confiscates Stuffed Substandard Tyres Worth About ₦600 Million / Gbajabiamila: Sanwo-Olu Is Doing Well, I’ve No Plan To Unseat Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.