Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12128 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Apr 03, 2011
doja:

and you think Buhari's vice can do better? what is a Bakare bringing to the table?
Well, I was asked about the VP and responded appropriately!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 12:02am On Apr 04, 2011
doja:

and you think Buhari's vice can do better? what is a Bakare bringing to the table?

Help me to ask them. Bakare of all people. Thank God men ain't God. We know all the stories but we not concerned about that for now.
Anybody who can say Fola is not qualified is telling me Sambo or Bakare are the best for Nigerians then.
It's obvious she's up for some  mischievous  intentions.

doja:

^^^
Thank you my brother.

Contrary to what people would like us to believe, Ribadu is a man we can trust.People who do not want him seem to keep talking about Tinubu but the truth is that Tinubu has been out of office for about 4 years and nobody has been able to dig out anything to nail him that should confirm what you said earlier about  beer palour political discusions.

This man is one of the founding fathers of the ACN, he assembles talented and progressive men to lead . He is not afraid of them or of giving them a platform to lead. It is instructive that all the Governors of the ACN are performing well i.e Fashola, Oshiomhole , Aregbesola and Fayemi. Ribadu has consistently insisted he did not go to the ACN because of Tinubu . Rather he went there because of Fashola , Oshiomhole and the many progressive men gathered under the umbrella of the Party. To any fair minded adult, that is a very reasonable explanation. In other words , Ribadu is saying why do folks , if they are not mischievous and routinely negative, only see and highlight Tinubu when the ACN is mentioned ? How about the exemplary performers and progressives in the ACN to include the best performing Governor in Nigeria many Nigerians now tout as a future President ?[b] In any case , has Ribadu gone to the ACN to begin dancing to Tinubu's tune? Did Ribadu not insist on merit with Okonjo-Iweala as his VP  ? Did tinubu not give in to the extent that the offer was eventually made to Okonjo-Iweala after which she turned it down?  [/b]Ribadu is in the ACN and anyone who is fair will see he made the right choice because , from all indications , the ACN will be the natural home of progressive politics and progressive minds. If Tinubu is intent on control then it serves his purpose better to seek crude 'tools' like Alao-Akala instead of men and women with their own resolute minds and ideas.

Please join us, spread the news by sending free sms to your friends about the campaign here

http://www.thetimeisnownigeria.com/campaigns/sms_self/new

That is what am telling them.
Kobojunkie:

N[b]o, I don't think this one is in my mind! Ribadu has no Government experience  . . . he served as EFCC Chairman and that is not same as leading a state or nation.[/b] The results of the election itself will not speak on his qualification at all. It will simply speak of what choice the people are willing to make at this point. Ribadu, if he wins
will only then show us if he has what it takes. Well, lets see what happens!

So leading a dictatorship regime is what u call Govt experience? Or leading a church.
Buhari supporters knows how to run their mouth but they ain't good history students.
They run down the alliance now they wanna run down the ACN candidate.
If  Ribadu wins at the poll they gonna join the PDP and go to the court to challenge the results.
This is the same PDP they were castigating before the election.
Nigerians knows better

Kobojunkie:

Well, I was asked about the VP and responded appropriately!

And in your mind Bakare is more qualified and better than Fola?
I bet Bakare has an account with GTB tho. So if Bakare /Buhari supporters thinks Fola is not qualified let him close his account and take it to Oceanic Bank so all the Ibori's and Ibru's of this world can use it to fund GEJ campaign.
Just let the sleeping dog lie cos if i open the worm of words about Buhari/Bakare we won't finsih it in a year.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2011
oyewolejos:

That is what am telling them.So leading a dictatorship regime is what u call Govt experience? Or leading a church.

Again, there is a different between serving in an office and actually leading a whole state or country. Whether in a dictatorial capacity or a theocratical, once a person has some experience  doing it, it is an experience.

oyewolejos:

Buhari supporters knows how to run their mouth but they ain't good history students.
They run down the alliance now they wanna run down the ACN candidate.
If  Ribadu wins at the poll they gonna join the PDP and go to the court to challenge the results.
This is the same PDP they were castigating before the election.
Nigerians knows better

Now you are just rambling!!

oyewolejos:

And in your mind Bakare is more qualified and better than Fola?
I bet Bakare has an account with GTB tho. So if Bakare /Buhari supporters thinks Fola is not qualified let him close his account and take it to Oceanic Bank so all the Ibori's  and Ibru's of this world can use it to fund GEJ campaign.
Just let the sleeping dog lie cos if i open the worm of words about Buhari/Bakare we won't finsih it in a year.

Again, read my response carefully . . .   You asked this of me earlier

oyewolejos:

[/b] He was allowed to select his Vice without any interference from any quarters so i believe he have his own mind unlike some people  shocked shocked shocked

And I responded appropriately ! If you do not understand the response, ask and I will explain. The insults --I am not here for.

I am more concerned about the main candidates qualification -- but in a case where I do not feel him as qualified, then I consider the vice . . . that is what I said. Not sure why you are trying to turn this into what it is not now.

If you feel you need to turn this into some insult-fest . . . then at this point I exit this one cause I am here for serious discourse only.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Again, there is a different between serving in an office and actually leading a whole state or country. Whether in a dictatorial capacity or a theocratical, once a person has some experience  doing it, it is an experience.

Now you are just rambling!!

Again, read my response carefully . . .   You asked this of me earlier

And I responded appropriately ! If you do not understand the response, ask and I will explain. The insults --I am not here for.

I am more concerned about the main candidates qualification -- but in a case where I do not feel him as qualified, then I consider the vice . . . that is what I said. Not sure why you are trying to turn this into what it is not now.

If you feel you need to turn this into some insult-fest . . . then at this point I exit this one cause I am here for serious discourse only.

Nobody is insulting anybody. If u feel insulted by my post then my apologies. Is no championship so who wins should just do the right thing.
All we want is a better Nigeria no matter who the person is.
Again my apologies
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Apr 04, 2011
oyewolejos:

Nobody is insulting anybody. If u feel insulted by my post then my apologies. Is no championship so who wins should just do the right thing.
All we want is a better Nigeria no matter who the person is.
Again my apologies

Let me help you understand something here . . . I lived through the Buhari regime and the many years before, and the years after. I know of what happened during the regime, and what followed. I know of Buhari's years in the PTF and I also know of what we have been through since 1999. Don't think you can wow me with anything I have not heard or lived through at this point. Just focus on telling your side of things the best you can.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 1:07am On Apr 04, 2011
One man food is another man poison.
In your opinion Buhari is the man we need at this point but not in the opinions of others.
I respect your opinion so u should try to respect the opinions of others on Ribadu/Tinubu/Fola.
We are all partners in progress for a changed Nigeria and that should be a positive change
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 1:10am On Apr 04, 2011
oyewolejos:

One man food is another man poison.
In your opinion Buhari is the man we need at this point but not in the opinions of others.
I respect your opinion so u should try to respect the opinions of others on Ribadu/Tinubu/Fola.
We are all partners in progress for a changed Nigeria and that should be a positive change

Actually, I think you ought to be giving yourself that advice really. I mean if you look through , you are the one who claimed I had some mischevious intentions when I simply reponded to your own questions as I could.

Partners or not . . . that is not the point. You posted something on a forum and I questioned it. We are not saving Nigeria here . . . this was a simple discussion and it ought not to be turned into a mudslinging opportunity or some brownie-point-winning contest.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by oyewolejos(m): 1:15am On Apr 04, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Actually, I think you ought to be giving yourself that advice really. I mean if you look through , you are the one who claimed I had some mischevious intentions when I simply reponded to your own questions as I could.

Partners or not . . . that is not the point. You posted something on a forum and I questioned it. We are not saving Nigeria here . . . this was a simple discussion and it ought not to be turned into a mudslinging opportunity or some brownie-point-winning contest.
Oh OK. Catch where u going.
Am not down for that.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 04, 2011
I just want all supporters of Buhari to know something that what goes around comes around. Buhari overthrew a democratically elected government of Shagari in 1983 and he want us to vote for him? If you have Buhari's ears please tell him that the democracy he stole away from us through coup can not be given to him no matter what. What goes around comes around
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 11:11am On Apr 04, 2011
Gbam!

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 04, 2011
@poster, mr Ibime just answered ur many ignorance. Using power issue was not a good idea. Buhari emergence in 1983-84 was to fight the evil and problem of nigeria which was corruption under shagari, which led to all corrupt politician to flee the country at that time, Just like what Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana. At that time generator is not a common thing cos light was not a problem, roads was not a problem etc our problem was corruption like the ITT project and the empty treasuring some head of state left our dera country in.
Try somethin better next time.
@Ibime, i support and believe u. Dubai used $20 billion dollars to build a whole city plus lighting, roads, infrastructure, social amenities and all those are working but the megawatts generated by Nigeria is powered by generators. what a laff.
One question poster, During Abacha regime when Buari was the head of PTF, when have u slept on the road between lagos and Benin during festive season when u left ur home as early as 7 am? but that is a daily occurence during festive season in all the 12 years of PDP.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by snakova(m): 11:52am On Apr 04, 2011
http://www.africasia.com/archive/na/98_06/abcr0604.htm
follow the link and stop making uninformed utterances. faeb, abi na beaf grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
Damn,
Ghadaffi is  looking pissed off  grin
efisher:

Gbam!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by logica(m): 1:21pm On Apr 04, 2011
[quote="Kobojunkie"]It seems people are dense or just trying really really hard at it . . . . back in the early 80's(82-83)[/quote]You are the very dense one. I lived in the early 80s in Lagos and I witnessed the black-outs and they were frequent. And power was a major issue. How can epileptic power not be a major issue? And of course it had been an issue even in the late 70s when Fela talked about power black-out in his songs. Talk about being dense.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2011
you are wrong Power was stable during Buhari's reign
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by logica(m): 1:26pm On Apr 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

OK. Apparently you were living in Dodan Barracks.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2011
There were no political assassinations during Buhari's era
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2011
@logica
how old were u in 1984/85?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by logica(m): 1:30pm On Apr 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

@logica
how old were u in 1984/85?
Old enough to give you a history lesson.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:31pm On Apr 04, 2011
Foreign news media respected Buhari's governmentin 84/85
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ logica ,
answer the question:
How old were u in 1984/85 when Buhari was in power?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by logica(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

@ logica ,
answer the question:
How old were u in 1984/85 when Buhari was in power?
Old enough to impregnate your girlfriend. You may ask again.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ logica,
It is obvious that you were either not born by 1984 or you were too young to remember the Buhari government.

Lol, I rest my case grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by logica(m): 1:58pm On Apr 04, 2011
. . . and how can I give history lessons or impregnate your girlfriend if I was so young or unborn? Yet it is obvious to you? What is more obvious is that your IQ tends toward the low threshold.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 04, 2011
^^lol
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

There were no political assassinations during Buhari's era
Haba megida
How can there be political assassination in a military era?
GenBuhari:

Not from you general. How much nuts did you eat today? grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
GenBuhari:

^Another liar for Buhari shows up. I can bet my bottom dollar that GenBuhari is less than 30 years old. One of those lying children that want to rewrite history that we lived through and witnessed. Nonsense.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Rorhymes(m): 4:50pm On Apr 04, 2011
Is it just me or has this discussion turned 2 jonathan Vs Buhari? what about ribadu past sins?? (okay thats true he is a freshman so he doesnt have any lol grin)

Just quick thought. Is it about the man or is it about his party?

Buhari - Has his corrupt clear background (yeah right) but his CPC is questionable .(Alhaji Sule Hamman who is d Director General of d Buhari Campaign Organisation was found guilty of corruption & was detained in Kirikiri by Buhari wen he was head of state becoz he looted his state’s treasury, there is also the question mark of Abachas Son)

Ribadu- Has his corrupt free background (and we are all forgetting that he was recruited, trained and installed by the then PDP administration) but his ACN is also questionable (It has Lagos state former Governor Bola Tinubu who is famous for "running things" and was chased by Ribadu in the past on corruption charges, the same Ribadu went to IBB for "blessings"wink

GEJ- has his corrupt free background but his party is questionable( The stories are much abeg)

But when it comes to it, its not really about the party becoz every1 has a "suspicious" party its about the man. Nigeria needs someone that understands what the issues are, someone that is patient, that is not opportunistic someone willing to take the blame. someone that can be counted upon.

Someone like, GEJ grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by OWOLAYEMO: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2011
Thank God it is all past sins!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by tenfour: 4:01am On Apr 05, 2011
BREAKING NEWS!!!

BUHARI HAS VOWED THAT IF HE SHOULD EVER GET BACK TO THE POSITION OF THE PRESIDENCY, HE WILL MAKE SURE THAT NIGERIA GOES BACK TO MILITARY RULE! GOD FORBIDE!!!

PLEASE NOBODY SHOULD VOTE FOR BUHARI OR BAKARE,

GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN IS THE ANSWER!!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 05, 2011
U guys cannot face the truth

Buhari is a proven performer

You can throw all the lies you want against him, but they cannot stick.

Nigerians know how he performed in power - he is tried and tested
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by sley4life(m): 5:00pm On Apr 05, 2011
Most folks says he wasnt corrupt. BB was very corrupt. Buhari is from Niger republic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Picture Of Kano Riot (di8sturbing) / N30bn Mile 12 To Ikorodu Road Expansion Starts / Hit And Run Vehicle Kills Middle-Aged Man At Onipanu Bus Stop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.