Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins (12130 Views)

See How Buhari's Past Came Back To Haunt Him / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest / The New Igp, Md Abubakar's Past Sins: A Bad Replacement For Ringim! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

You always ROTWATEVA to cover up your lack of knowledge, usually when there are no links to copy and paste. The retort- "I know enough to know, " is usually a defensive mechanism for people who really don't know anything. *sigh* Let me recommend one that will suit your taste:
SOZABOY: A Novel in Rotten English- Ken Saro-Wiwa

It is quite apparent at this point that you and I do not have share the same taste when it comes to what we each consider KNOWLEDGE . . . so it would behoove you to get back to the discussion -- making whatever point you have been trying to all this while. I mean all you really need to is provide legit backup for the claims you make and we go from there. Enough with the distractions please!!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

cry cry my people perish for lack of knowledge. Excuse me I called them BOOKS they are not novels or mills and boom.

I think she saw a title like: The World is Flat - Thomas L. Freidman and immediately assumed that it was written by a Luddite. I find it inconceivable that someone who claims to be knowledgeable dismisses The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century (to quote the full title) as:
Kobojunkie:

CookBook for the Majorly MindF*cked
Plainly then Kobojunkie is a poseur whose empty claims are further revealed by this:
Kobojunkie:

Why didn't you add David Brown's  "The Holy Grail"   to the list  . . .   grin cheesy grin
Certainly the Empress' New Clothes are evident for all to see.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by scorpion1: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2011
The paradox that rudely stares at our faces is GEJ has spent 12 yrs in power yet he is the most clueless.

Or how can you explain his not having any visible achievement in Bayesla State? Even Yar'Adua might have been a sick man but, he was a sick man with guts! Yar'Adua was also a honest man but, his honestly did not materialize into anything because he was sorrounded by the wolves in the PDP,  no amonut of road maps, international standard policy and agenda points would work in Nigeria untill corruption is tackled and GEJ has not proven to me that he can fight corruption. Here are a list of GEJ's indiscretions that showed me he isn't a serious man.

1. He has NO known polical atecedents as a deputy gov, gov, VP , Acting President and president.

2. He presided over the FEC meeting that awarded the N60bn for a 14km runway--even after Yar' Adua had previously turned it down.

3. He bought 3 presidential jets--even after Yar'Adua had previously dismissed the idea--meanwhile, there were already 7 aircrafts in the Presidential Air Fleet while the Nigerian Air Force lack aircrafts.

4. He denied the zoning structure publicly on various national news mediums--only for OBJ to confirm last week that there is actually one.

5. As soon as he was sworn in, he confirred Patricia Etteh and other corrupt PDP officials with National awards.

6. His FIFA debacle really embarraced us.

7. He exonorated MEND and pointed gullible Nigerians towards the direction of Dokpesi, IBB and Atiku (for the records, I despise those two politicians)

8. After TY Danjuma and other members of the Presidential Advisory Committee (PAC) advised him to cut down the size of his cabinet because of its expensive maintenance; he proceed to create 4 more Special Advisers offices--meaning extratra funding and more wastes. What do you need a special adviser for Diaspora (Ikemba's wife) so its chop we all chop, when you have a Minister of Foreign Affairs? Also created Adviser on Counter Terrorism when he already has a National Security Adviser?

9. He has refused to condemn Gbabo of Cote de Voire in the strongest possible terms because he is not sure of the out-come his own up coming election.

10. He still dances to Obasanjo's tunes

11. Squandered all our excess crude account to appease his political opponents and to win the Presidential primaries.

12. Whatever happened to our foreign reserves? Sharing of $15,000 each to delegates to win PDP presidential ticket.

13. Why should he be accepting N1Bn from Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Dantata and Ibrahim for his campaign when they are clearly reponsible for our electricity and fuel problems?--what moral justification would he have to tackle them head on if he wins?

14. From what account is the N100m per day campaign money coming from? WHO DO WE NEED? We need a president who doesn't take orders/ directives from any political godfather. We need a president who is intelligent and ready to provide the basic necessities of life, Food, Clothing and Shelter. We need a president who doesn't romance with corrupt people. We need a president who has the GUTS to fight corruption! MY PEOPLE YOU BETTER WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!! GEJ no be am o!!!"

The team is the Buhari/Bakare (BB) team. Vote wisely. No time for experiments.

Nigerians, shine your eyes.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
mrjingles:

I don VEX! angry angry angry angry angry HOW IN THE NAME OF GOD CAN ANYBODY ANY SANE PERSON CLAIM "THERE WAS NO BLACKOUT IN 1983" "POWER WAS NOT A PROBLEM IN 1983" Whoever claims that must have been born in 1988 or is totally MAD! How many of these "enlightened posters"  were actually ALIVE during that period? Please ask your parents when these words became popular in Nigeria:

HOARDING, ECONOMIC SABOTEUR; ESSENTIAL COMMODITY (ESSENCO), PRICE CONTROLS, FOREIGN CURRENCY TRAFFICKING (READ FOREIGN CURRENCY POSSESSION- IT GOT FELA A JAIL TERM) NIGERIAN NATIONAL SUPPLY COMPANY. SOLDIERS BREAK INTO WAREHOUSES OF BUSINESS MEN WHO REFUSED TO SELL  THEIR PRODUCTS BELOW COST AND SHARED OR BURNED THEM (THEY WERE "ECONOMIC SABOTEURS" NIGERIANS WERE QUEUING FOR RICE MILK AND SUGAR!!! QUEUING LIKE WAR TIME GERMANY AND COMMUNIST EUROPE! IF YOU STORE KEROSENE IN YOUR HOUSE (AS LITTLE AS 20 LITRES) IT WAS "HOARDING AND ECONOMIC SABOTAGE" (MY DAD WAS ALMOST ARRESTED FOR THAT, HE HAD TO BRIBE THE SOLDIERS grin. UPE DIED UNDER BUHARI, IT WAS DURING HIS GOVT THAT PUBLIC PRIMARY  SCHOOLS STARTED PAYING SCHOOL FEES(=N=5) YES THAT WASNT A TYPO FIVE NAIRA.

Excuse my caps but I am seriously P.I.SSE.D OFF when people who did not go to school when there was NO INTERNET pound their keyboards, post useless links and try to pontificate on matters they neither understand nor can properly analyse. I don't support GEJ or BB or NWA!(una know them?) If want to campaign for BB GEJ or RPG go ahead but please DO NOT EVEN TRY TO ATTEMPT TO VENTURE TO REWRITE HISTORY AND "ANALYSE" THINGS YOU DONT KNOW DIDDLY SQUAT ABOUT.
OBJ, SHAGARI, BUHARI, IBB WHOEVER, YARDua, GEJ have one thing in common-THEY ALL PROMISED US POWER BUT WE NO SEE AM
so none of them has a leg to stand on.

ps: if ANYBODY AS ME FOR LINK ABOUT THE ABOVE U GO RECEIVE SLAP! I LIVED THROUGH IT
I have made my point a long time ago ma. Your last reply really sums it up doesn't it? Our conception of knowledge are worlds apart. You don't have a clue about any of the books and your lack of real knowledge is painfully obvious. Keep posting but restrict yourself to things you actually KNOW. @ Aletheia please leave this keyboard warrior, exposing herself without even knowing it.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^^ I am sorry  . . .  unsubstantiated claims do not POINTS make! grin . . . . I don't like hearsay either!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by mrjingles(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
^ at least you beginning to sound a bit civil, thank heavens for that. Sorry am not a "links" person just tell me you were ALIVE under Buhari and try to debunk my post. If not please Learn in silence.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
ROFLMAO!!! Whatever you want to think   . . .  again

Kobojunkie:

^^^ I am sorry  . . .  unsubstantiated claims do not POINTS make! grin . . . . I don't like hearsay either!

PS. John Perkins is right now on TV spewing his brand of KNOWLEDGE for your kind to swallow up  . . . Tune to Link TV  grin
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by stildude(m): 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2011
ziccoit:

Perfect, but Oga you forgot to mention the Nigeria budgets of just millions in 80s to trillions we are having now. There were results then but none now?

Pls what was the naira- dollar exhange rate then and what is it now? millions then should be trillions now. and you can't truly mean nothing has been done now.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by strangest(m): 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
ANIMAL FARM BY GEORGE ORWELL
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by nusirat(m): 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2011
if you dont no what to write or say, while not for GOD GRACE CLOSE UR MOUTH, YOU FORGET THAT EGBIN THERMAL STATION, SHIRORO DAM, WAS STARTED DURING BUHARI REGIME AND FINISH BY IBB REGIME, PLS CAN YOU TELL THE ONE STARTED BY OBJ AND FINISH BY OBJ AFTER SPENDING ABOUT 20BILLION DOLLAR.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 12:22am On Apr 03, 2011
aletheia:

What was the foreign force? Chadian rebels marauding along the Borno-Chad border. General Buhari went beyond his purview by crossing the border and going 16/17 kilometers into Chadian territory. He disobeyed direct orders not to enter Chadian territory. That is insubordination. In any civilized society: That day would make the end of his military career but because this is Nigeria of bendable rules and quota system, he stayed on to plot a coup.  

You children posting should acquaint yourselves with the facts of history before coming here to post rubbish. If you don't know ask your parents or older siblings.
Aletheia, you are being unduly saucy! Is Chad not a foreign country? and it was 50km. Going beyond his remit did not remove from the fundamental issue. He forced a foreign force back. How did he, by what distance are matters of details
Who did he disobey while retaining his job because of quota system - Shagari from the neighbouring state of Sokoto. Why are you so concerned that a GOC from NW disobeys a president from the NW to be talking about quota system. You are just throwing up ethnic sentiments to confuse issues here

You say in any civilized society. Tell me which African country in the early 80s are that civilized? Soldiers get jobs done in a manner that will ensure that they don't have to it again. You are parroting 21 century sentiments here. BTW how many civilians do Americans kill in Afghanistan. How many generals have lost their jobs. So the security agents that razed Odi and threatened the senate delegation to the place led by Okadigbo did not exceed their remit?

How many times since have chadians returned to attack Nigerians since. I prefer insubordinatrion that protects our territorial integrity to perennial harassment which the Jonathan and his godfather (Obj) subject us to through their pacificist policies
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5511520-147/former_militants_threaten_war_over_bakassi.csp
http://www.thenationallifeonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4142:how-militants-rescued-23-nigerians-in-cameroon&catid=135:extra&Itemid=843
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 12:30am On Apr 03, 2011
agabaI23:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/48509/1/president-suspends-campaign-director-for-insulting.html
Vote the peace maker GEJ 2011
I see. can opposition parties now campaign freely in Akwa Ibom, Mapo Hall, Niger State, Imo State etc
But what about the campaign of calumny against the opponents in the newspapers by faceless people?
So only Akpanudoedehe was involved in the AIbom crisis. No PDP person was involved
And this peacemaker is allowing the police to hold a man that the judge said that the police had no case against
All hail Jonathan the chameleon!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by BetaThings: 12:38am On Apr 03, 2011
edicolove:

your post here shows you have little knowledge of what is going on in the Niger Delta. i come from the Niger Delta, the marginalization in the oil companies is alarming. this same oil companies you are commending are the reason for the destruction of the Niger Delta. They are very comfortable because they are the biggest oil bunkerers. they make far more money from oil bunkering than you can imagine. their greatest collaborators, are the northerners. the indigenious niger delta people cannot do anything about it. this is what gave rise to militancy. please when next you come to nigeria, do a litte travelling and go see for yourself. the norths only interest is to embezzle and dominate. this is the reason for corruption not the other way round. there are what you call causes and effects.
So you think that your statement that our problem is not corruption but that we are not one people is an argument against Buhari?
Corruption and insincerity are bigger problems than ethnicity. Go and read the papers, there have been fighting in Ebonyi, Osun state, Bayelsa etc
Do you think these are ethnic battles
Look even if you make every state a country the Urhobo and the Itsekiri would still have issues, the Yewa in Ogun state will be talking about marginalisation, Umuleri and Aguleri

On the Niger Delta problem, I agree that WE HAVE NOT BEEN SINCERE WITH THE PEOPLE. However, do you think Anenih, Obj etc will actually solve the corruption problem there? Or is Jonathan going to resolve the issue?
We need a sincere president to empower the people
Why is Tam David West (Buhari's Minister of petroleum - a Bayelsan) still admiring Buhari
Note also that Buhari worked with a South South person as NNPC MD - Marinho
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by aletheia(m): 12:55am On Apr 03, 2011
BetaThings:

You are parroting 21 century sentiments here. BTW how many civilians do Americans kill in Afghanistan. How many generals have lost their jobs. So the security agents that razed Odi and threatened the senate delegation to the place led by Okadigbo did not exceed their remit?
Irrelevant drivel that has zero bearing on the matter at hand. Military orders still remain military orders whether in 1953 or 2011. As always obfuscating issues. Fact: He disobeyed direct orders. That is insubordination (It would behoove you to read up on General MacArthur - I am sure you will find it instructive). By failing to assert Civilian authority over the army, President Shagari unwittingly laid the groundwork for the subsequent coup that removed him from office. Is it any surprise that the insubordinate General removed him from office?

Your ends-justifies-the-means mindset is the slippery road to the Stalins and Pol Pots. But then again my interaction with BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) drones leads me to believe that most are closet Fascists.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by phuckNL: 1:05am On Apr 03, 2011
Isnt it funny how we have so many Nigerians who "believe" they know it all and yet no one will come forward to effect change. If Nigerias future depended on the internet, Nigeira would be the biggest economy in the world now.
We can yarn sha. Enuf grammar enuf everything yet no action. This is what separates us from the rest of the world.
All talk and no action.

If we could only perform as much as we surf the internet, kai, naija wud be great.
We all want change, yet we sit our fat yanshes on our couches all we do is type type type type.
If you meet us in public transit to, na d same thing. Talk talk talk. noise noise noise.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by amor4ce(m): 1:22am On Apr 03, 2011
Buhari and Decree No. 4 of 1984

I know someone who was given a retirement letter in his early thirties and was denied any form of benefits. What about the preference in hiring Northerners into strategic ministries like Foreign Affairs ahead of career diplomats? What about signing Nigeria up for the OIC?
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by agabaI23(m): 1:41am On Apr 03, 2011
aletheia:

Irrelevant drivel that has zero bearing on the matter at hand. Military orders still remain military orders whether in 1953 or 2011. As always obfuscating issues. Fact: He disobeyed direct orders. That is insubordination (It would behoove you to read up on General MacArthur - I am sure you will find it instructive). By failing to assert Civilian authority over the army, President Shagari unwittingly laid the groundwork for the subsequent coup that removed him from office. Is it any surprise that the insubordinate General removed him from office?

Your ends-justifies-the-means mindset is the slippery road to the Stalins and Pol Pots. But then again my interaction with BB (Buhari deceiving Bakare) drones leads me to believe that[b] most are closet Fascists[/b].
I just love this and the way you put forward the argument but I hate the way these guys choose to be ignore the facts because I know they are not outrightly dumb.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by userlist(f): 2:27am On Apr 03, 2011
I'm amazed at Nigerians for supporting ineptitude. (GEJ)
Let face it:
1. When Alesiamegha was stealing Goodluck folded his hands and just watched? (impossible)
2. What was his achievement as deputy governor? None
3. He lied when he said he spoke to Yar'udua on numerous occasion when he was sick (we are all witness)
4. His wife is as corrupt as any big corrupt person in Nigeria (remember 2 EFCC cases)
5. No balls, remember how Turai caged him before and after he became acting president
6. Remember how security officials took over Abuja airport.
7. He was in-charge of the committee that looked after power generation during Yar'udua (as minister)
8. Said MENDs are not terrorist
9. Received Bode George with open hands
10. He said Babaginda is his mentor
11. OBJ is his Godfather
12. Tony Aneni is his Godfather
13. EFCC/ICPC is dead under his watch.
14. Halliburton/Siemens/Julius Berger scandal hasn't been giving priority
15. Hasn't done anything about the bomb blast all over the country
16. External reserve depleted under his watch
17. Excess crude oil account depleted under his watch
18. Agreed to a debate but chickened out in the last minute
19. Uduahan is a wanted man in England but GEJ make sure he won his re-election
20. Almost all known rouges in Nigeria today is a friend to GEJ
21. He said power problem will be a thing of the past in December 2010 (now shifted to 2015)
22. GEJ doesn't know how many percent of the budget has been implemented
23. Igbinedion is charged with corruption but GEJ right hand man is Igbinedion's deputy
24. He sent Orubebe to South Africa 6mths. to see orka before the independent bomb blast
25. Patricia Etteh/Farida Waziri given national award by Goodluck Jonathan
26. Called south west political leaders bunch of rascals
27. Junket around the globe with too many aids (no wonder our reserve is no more)
28. During Yar'adua we had 60 plus advisers and assistant now GEJ added about 57
29. He made his Senegalese tailor and his wife hair dresser personal assistant
30. Bribed those that voted for him during the primaries with $7,000 (multiplied by 2000 + people)
31. Refuse to bring those bad eggs that prevented him from becoming acting president
32. Yar'udua's signature was forged on the supplementary budget (nothing done till date)
33. Yar'udua's security vote was stollen during the saga ( nothing done till date)

Nigerians Please Think before you vote
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Genius100: 2:50am On Apr 03, 2011
This kobojunkie is such as irritating clown. She is also an unmitigated liar that has no use for facts. She posted an article that did not substantiate her claims, and now she's deliberately trying to obfuscate issues by asking for proof that power was not a problem in 1983. I suggest you ask your papa, hopefully that would be enough proof for you. 

Anyone with half a brain can deduce that there is absolutely no way in the world the <2000MW we were distributing in the 1980s will be sufficient for the entire country. That in itself is enough proof.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Nobody: 3:29am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^^^^she obviously has been RUMPLED into silence, or, is it ROFMALO!!? in to shame, on this thread. kudos guys, that woman and her I TOO KNOW. angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by adino(m): 3:34am On Apr 03, 2011
My people please vote wisely. There is a great influx of voters for Durosinmi etti of the labour party because he was one of the greatest backers of a cowardly Fashola, so Oga Tinubu refused him nomination and gave his wife the senate ticket. Do not forget that Sossan the deputy govenor and Mamora also lost their tickets because of their support for Fashola.
If only I reside in Lagos central, my vote will definitely go to labour party. Please, every eligible voters in the house vote for the LP guy, do not dash Tinubu an undeserved vote.
ACN has chosen to be an autocratic party just like the most feared and notorious PDP. Personally, I will vote for Ganiyu Solomon for senate (ACN), and LP or CPC for House of Rep (Faleke the ACN guy is a Thief), G.E.J for president, Fashola for Governor (I forgive the coward for refusing to decamp to LP Or any other party other than PDP) and LP or CPC for the House of Assembly.
My people, Fashola will either not perform this 2nd term or he will be impeached if he tries to perform, because all the candidates of ACN for L.A.H.A are tinubu stooges and Ass lickers. If you truly love Fashola and want him to perform then vote for Durosinmi etti of the labour party for Senate (I wish I were at Lagos central) and Labour Party for all house of Assembly positions. Since all of Fashola supporters that were denied ACN tickets ran to Labour Party for cover only for the cowardly Fashola to rebuke Lp in a public campaign as directed by his gods.
In this election, let us vote for candidates and not political parties since all the parties are just the same, let us join hands together and remove the most feared and notorious PDP and ten disgrace other politicians who think they are godfathers.
In as much as I hate PDP, my vote is on G.E.J since Ribadu is a farce and BB though okay but will lose the election as the G.E.J vision is unstoppable.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by maxproxl: 4:26am On Apr 03, 2011
@ SSaemoenl.
u photoshopd the picture. it was gbenga daniel and not jonathan, stop deceiving some ignorant nairalanders,

@ valerie.
well said my friend, buhari is a big fool, so stupid enough to choose a man who once abused him openly as his deputy. over 80% of road he constructed as PTF chairman was in the north. negelectin the south-south where the oil is gotten from.

as u all know PTF is PETROLEUM TRUST FUND. a large chunk of this funds should av been used to develop the NIGER-DELTA. instead he was an instrument abacha used to launder money from the national treasury. no wonder he said abacha never stole, stupid man

even when he was head of state, idiagbon was in charge. no wonder babangida had to wait for idiagbon to travel to mecca to pave way for a palace coup. BUHARI is a weakling with no leadership ability. l still find it hard to beleive why most people online are supporting him.

he doesnt av a house in abuja, so?. he doesnt own an oil well, so?. he never had the opportunity. thats why not that he didnt desire it. dont be deceived, am sure he has many properties abroad, Goodluck is destined to rule, God bless NIGERIA, its d dawn of better things to come.

NOW. TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT: ANOTHER PDP ACHIEVEMENT MANY SEEM TO IGNORE.
OBASANJO GAVE THE NIGER-DELTA STATES MORE MONEY FOR DEVELOPMENT THAN ANY OTHER PREVIOUS GOVERNMENT.

FUNDS ISSUED BETWEEN 1999 - 2007(8-YEARS) IS MORE THAN BETWEEN 1960 AND 1999(39-YEARS)
SO WHO IS TO BLAME: THE GOVERNORS OR THE PRESIDENCY
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by maxproxl: 4:38am On Apr 03, 2011
@userlist

u seem to be well informed but 70% of your list are baseless facts. absolute bull-shit, no one is perfect, not even mandela or clinton or obama, to the opposition, they achieved nothing. its a free world so your opinion counts too.
my friend look at it this way, sincerely and honestly now. goodluck & yaradua never had an ambition to rule, they were annointed by OBJ.

then in 2007, we had ATIKU, BUHARI & YARADUA (look closely & judge, who will u rather vote for)

now(2011), we have GOODLUCK, SHEKARAU, BUHARI & RIBADU now (meditate & analyse, even God will choose goodluck jonathan)

as dbanj said, bobo to good o, o tun ni luck o, jona , jona jona, it will be a land-slide victory
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by dayokanu(m): 4:39am On Apr 03, 2011
The PTF headed by Buhari equipped all Federal Universities in the SOuth.

While I was in School in the SW, Our labs were equipped by PTF and almost every school had a PTF donated school bus
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by deezzle(m): 7:27am On Apr 03, 2011
Dear ladies and gents,

One thing is clear reading thrugh the thread, all the allegations labelled against Buhari are mostly hearsay. yes, as a military leader, he was high handed but at that time, it was necessary. Am sure we are all familiar with the term "desperate times need desperate measures". Nigeria was degeneratiing into a banana republic during shagari's regime and someone needed to take charge. Maybe he lingered too long in his cleansing quest, but he meant well. A lot of us here who live in Nigeria are witnessing a situation where we wonder if fainess, discipline and merit are words our society still believe in? or how else will u describe a situation where someone accused of involvement in the death of the attorney general win an election form jail?

We all need to look beyond religion or ethnicity but be logical and think deep about what our common problem is, we have leaders who care only bout their pockets and a president who doesnt see any reson why he should caution them. At least , he is the party leader!!!

Can some of you answer these question:

Will a reasonable president honor Patricia Ette with two national awards?
Will a reasonable president send a congratulatory message to Bode George?
why will Alams be working for his campaign organisation http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/alamieyeseigha-rallies-support-for-jonathan/
Why create new universities when the ones existing are at a point of total decay

as far as am concerned, Jonathan is being supported by deisel importers and generator merchants and hence, a vote for him is more like a vote for regression. All he has been saying are mere political nonsense, or how else will u explain building 36 airports? or ensuring goverment buys nigerian assembled cars?

some of his ideas are good ones but with the people sorrounding him, it is obvious they are just empty promises he will never fulfil.

We need to let these people know that we are wise and mere empty words do not move us.

We all need to take a stand against a PDP led government.

All they keep saying is they have improved the power generation but how many people feel the effect of their claim? A non-performing government does not deserve our vote
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by EvilBrain1(m): 8:09am On Apr 03, 2011
adino:

In this election, let us vote for candidates and not political parties since all the parties are just the same, let us join hands together and remove the most feared and notorious PDP and ten disgrace other politicians who think they are godfathers.
In as much as I hate PDP, my vote is on G.E.J since Ribadu is a farce and BB though okay but will lose the election as the G.E.J vision is unstoppable.

I appreciate your insight into the Lagos ACN/LP brouhaha but I don't understand why you want to vote for the PDP even though you hate them. Its like you want to kill a dragon but you're giving it your children to eat. If you think GEJ is different from the other PDP crooks then you're sadly mistaken. he's been swimming with sharks for the past 12 years and now he wants people to think he'a a dolphin? Spare me.

The worst thing that can happen to Nigeria now is another PDP presidency, lets vote the looters out. May God save Nigeria!
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by onyengbu: 8:33am On Apr 03, 2011
^^^ and vote in non looters like abacha (CPC) and tinubu (ACN).
You guys should get real.
Its about parties, they are all the same corrupt politicians.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by okunoba(m): 8:38am On Apr 03, 2011
In a country ruled by dogma of gone by days, it`s no surprise reason and critical thinking is in short supply.

@Kobojunkie, U have all the right to support Buhari, but that is no excuse to cook up history. According to u there was no power shortage until after the rule of Buhari, well I can tell u the power failure started from the seventies and was a major problem by the time Buhari came to power. I remember saying up Nepa as a young child growing up in Nigeria until I left for NYC in 1980. I remember coming home in 83 and experiencing the same power problem, except that it was worst than before. Now that you have been corrected by those of us who experienced these power failures before and during Buhari`s reign of terror, would u be humble enough to admit u lied just to score a point in defence of Buhari. Would u also agree that any half decent government would have made the power problem a priority, taking into consideration it`s importance in the development of a Nation.

The issue of no one accusing Buhari of  being corrupt is a non starter, accusation is different from conviction and we all know non of our leaders, past or present have ever been convicted of corruption and that list includes not only Buhari but also Ebele Goodluck. If Buhari was clean, holy and really serious about fighting corruption as his supporters want us to believe, he would have had all government accounts audited by external auditors when he was in power.

Fighting corruption isn`t about locking people up or beating them like animals, it`s about building institutions that will prevent or reduce such practices. As a dictator Buhari had the power to lay the foundation for such institutions, unlike in a democracy where u need consensus to get things done.  He could have ordered, as u do in the military, to have all government accounts audited, that would have gone a long way in laying the foundation to fight corruption. How many corrupt people will he be able to prosecute when 80% of the work force is corrupt. Where would he get the man power and resources to prosecute the corrupt ones especially when some of them are the richest in the country. It`s one thing to accuse someone of corruption it`s another thing to actually find enough evidence to convict them. In a democracy you just can`t pick people up and lock them up indefinitely just because you thing they are corrupt, you have to prove it. Even as a dictator he found it difficult to convict that many people in the law courts, how many convictions did he actually get? Attempting to Prosecuting  even one third of these people would take billions and long court battles. With the court system in Nigeria already working at snail pace, any attempt to rigorously fight corruption through the legal system would most definitely keep it at a standstill.

Buhari had his chance to lay the foundation to effectively fight corruption and he failed miserably, instead what we got was selective prosecution and a reign of terror. Buhari as no vision, his only vision is brute force, just like a cave man. Did he deal with the power failure, telecommunication problem, railway problem, corruption problem? The answer is a big no. With all the faults of Obasanjo and the PDP, at least they are trying to deal with these issues. Unlike Buhari who was busing chasing shadows in his fight against corruption, while all the major developmental problems were left to grow and multiply. With telecommunication problem sorted and the railway almost sorted, we can say we are moving in the right direction. Next in line is power, this i believe will be sorted out before the end of Goodluck president`s term expires in 2015.

We have to crawl before we can walk. I believe with Azikwe Ebele Goodlock we will start to walk, With Buhari we were not even crawling.

If u believe in Human right and civil liberty, Buhari is your worst enemy, but if u believe in the abuse of human dignity and rights then his for sure your man.

Voice of reason vs brute force, the choice is yours.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by efisher(m): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2011
^Excellent Reasoning. Please keep it up.

Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by Doyin2(m): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2011
PDP AND IT'S AGENTS ARE DESPERATE AND ARE READY TO DO ANYTHING TO DISTORT THE FACTS AND DECEIVE THE PUBLIC!

Please be informed that Nigeria was generating well over  3000 megawatts of electricity before PDP captured power in1999.12years and  a whopping $16bn after,virtually nothing has been added.

The more reason why we should try something truly fresh:Ribadu/Adeola
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by omogidi234(m): 9:21am On Apr 03, 2011
Hi Guys,

Having considered the argument from all the sides, I am of the opinion that Jonathan is not a bad guy but he has found himself in a company that cannot never deliver promises to Nigeria. Never. Never. Never. I do not know what Ribadu or Shekarau or GMB can do but if PDP wins at the Centre, it is going to be another 4 years of harrowing experience for Nigerians. There is no amount of argument anybody can put up to change this fact.
Re: Buhari's Past Sins, Ribadu's Past Sins, Jonathan's Past Sins by recoome(m): 9:34am On Apr 03, 2011
onye_ngbu*:

^^^ and vote in non looters like abacha (CPC) and tinubu (ACN).
You guys should get real.
Its about parties, they are all the same corrupt politicians.
Yes o! U forgot 2 add buba marwa, abba ruma, ishaya bamaiyi, el-rufai, aminu masari, amongst other CPC vampires, also olowolafe, akume, iyorchia, udoedehe, ikimi, uzamere, onoja, akaagerger, audu ogbeh, ararume, udemwa, ngige(the rigger), sekibo, ajimobi, amosun, amongst other ACN monsters. All i know is that GEJ is winning by a landslide victory come rain come shine. GEJ has the SS/SE/major chunk of the SW/NC/and parts of the NW & NE. GOODLUCK/SAMBO=TRANSFORM NIGERIA!! We will never be blackmailed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimda Hedima- The Pilot Beheaded By Boko Haram / Obiano Declares Zik’s Birthday Work-free Day- Pictures / How To Join Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.