Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,326 members, 7,819,114 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises (26501 Views)

Lady Sues Boyfriend For Failing To Marry Her After ‘Wasting Her Time’ For 8 Yrs / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal / Lady Calls Out Her Married Boyfriend For Deceiving Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Trustedpro: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
Way to go. Babylon the great has fallen. Expose them expose them expose them
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 20, 2021
edoairways:

It is normal for human being. It isn't peculiar to Christians only

Christians have more of a responsibility to live up to the tenets of our religion...it is even written into the bible.

Especially pastors.

Especially the pastor in question who allegedly lied to a woman in the name of God so that he could get money from her.

We better start taking sin in the house serious...otherwise, in a generation, the church in Nigeria will end up like the church in Europe...empty, and desolate. Because how can you be claming christian and living like a worshipper of darkness?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by woleabayo(f): 8:17am On Jan 20, 2021
man of god
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by dontai(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:
What Nigerian men don't understand is that if you promise to marry a woman and you don't, the woman can sue you to court.

In Nigeria, a promise to marry is a legally binding contract and contrary to what you think, she can institute a civil suit against you, win and be awarded monetary damages.

But how it became a criminal case here is somehow maybe due to the financial investment involved
boss, with due respect. you are just being emotional like the said lady. where is the evidence, where is the receipt of love? (if love ever had one). The guy did wrong morally, who knows maybe the guy just Dodge a bullet. Dubai and Sheraton hotel marriages got squashed, and nobody jailed for it. I would have said the guy scammed her, but who am I to when I haven't heard from the said guy. maybe he have the greatest investment in the futile relationship, who knows.
I'm not siding with the man, just seems love goes wrong. if it's the same guy that claim to be in this dilemma, I know you will just advised him to be a man and move on. but because, it's a woman heaven must fall.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Princedapace(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:
What Nigerian men don't understand is that if you promise to marry a woman and you don't, the woman can sue you to court.

In Nigeria, a promise to marry is a legally binding contract and contrary to what you think, she can institute a civil suit against you, win and be awarded monetary damages.

But how it became a criminal case here is somehow maybe due to the financial investment involved

But why is no one also suing ladies when they commit paternity fraud?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Crunchyg3: 8:19am On Jan 20, 2021
Handywork:
well the woman knows her right
marriage is not a joking matter
at a lower price DM for your logo and flyer design
Can you do a book cover for little or no money?
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2021
symbianDON:
the man has moved on like keke marwa grin but on a serious note, what sort of house sells for N500,000?

Thatch and mud house on less than 1/4 plot of land. Only slightly bigger than huts.

Trust me. They still exist.

Just go to the countryside and see for yourself.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by edoairways: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Christians have more of a responsibility to live up to the tenets of our religion...it is even written into the bible.

Especially pastors.

Especially the pastor in question who allegedly lied to a woman in the name of God so that he could get money from her.

We better start taking sin in the house serious...otherwise, in a generation, the church in Nigeria will end up like the church in Europe...empty, and desolate. Because how can you be claming christian and living like a worshipper of darkness?
Christianity gives choices to choose not compelling you to follow its tenet

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Bennysam: 8:21am On Jan 20, 2021
I thought zzor and Nairaland girls say men is not everything

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by hashtagged(m): 8:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

So what I can break anyone's heart and use anybody as far as it isn't a crime there is no problem there. Civil suit is only applicable in cases like this when he obviously scammed her of money If no money scam was involved judge would dismiss the case I have seen a few women who are crybabies and bring matters like this to court, the judge takes it as a joke and dismisses the case

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 20, 2021
Vagina people and fish brain sef.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by matm: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2021
Some people are advocating that Rev frs should be allowed to start marrying as a solution to immorality.What advise then do we give to pastors who of course are married but are becoming dogs nowadays.Anything in skirt is a target to them,no choice.Ordinary niggas have choice and don't just accept any woman,but a pastor will sleep with girls,ladies,married women,divorcees,and they also engage in rape.etc.
God forbid!!!
Don't be surprised that ordinary niggas u call weed smokers will make heaven in the place of d so called pastors.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2021
edoairways:

Christianity gives choices to choose not compelling you to follow its tenet

Well, we are following a man who said...'I am the Way'...not 'I might be the Way'....

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by saajus: 8:23am On Jan 20, 2021
This will be difficult to prove especially if there is no audio, picture or video evidence. I am not a lawyer but I guess that part of the law will be more viable for runaway groom/bride. I've seen the situation where the groom or bride run away on their wedding day.
Mynd44:

That is for the judge to decide.

If she can prove from witnesses and close friends, she might be on to something sensible

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by slimman007: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=FalseProphet1 post=98245727]I see more ladies falling prey to this marriage scam. I see desperation driving them into forcing men to commit to them, I see many of them being disappointed by these men. I see the pastor in question bribing his way out of the police state. I see him freed and back on the streets looking for the next available desperate woman to decieve. This I have seen.[/quot

The Seer of our time....I hail sir keep the ministry moving.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by edoairways: 8:24am On Jan 20, 2021
Slackerpenguin2:

Well, we are following a man who said...'I am the Way'...not 'I might be the Way'....
Jesus is not a man even though he came in flesh
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by uuzba(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:
What French is this that you speak?
Legally binding contract with only mouth with wey I take talk am?

Therefore Buhari should be locked up inside the underground of prison and the key thrown away na!?
He said, he will return $1 to N50, Petrol back to N87 per litre and he didn't do it. In addition to his numerous campaign promises.
Shey na mouth dem dey take do legally binding contract!

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by wman(m): 8:33am On Jan 20, 2021
This is painful. Men of God who ought to be trusted shepherds over the flock. Now, they are turning to be wolves.

A lot of people trust them which is why they can easily defraud them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Crunchyg3:
Can you do a book cover for little or no money?
DM me on whatapp let's talk
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by holyfather(m): 8:36am On Jan 20, 2021
blinking001:
I love this news.....I love it when evening newspapers get frustrated and act irrationally.....she wasted all her youths sleeping around and now old age is knocking and she wants to settle down with a pastor?..nonsense somebody....the pastor just dodged a bullet......more good news like this one is what we need.

That's what I'm saying, we all saw the guy's age and nobody is asking how old she is.

To think that a woman sued a man for drawing back on his promise to marry her...
What if all men have to go to court for the women that ate their money and eventually refused to marry them?

Class action!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 20, 2021
MilesMaxwell:
Na wah for pastors
Nawa for fake pastors you mean?

1 John 4:1.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by OJURONGBE1(m): 8:37am On Jan 20, 2021
A fool & her money have parted.
I don't know why there's an uprising obsession with dating pastors from the female folks.
Is it due to the recent monetization of the gospel?
Or because they have been brainwashed?
Even in 1Cor 7: 9-15, Apostle Paul didn't condemn people who married unbelievers, rather he said their faith would comfort their spouses, which is a very good avenue to draw people to the Lord.
My Uncle, though a christian but a liberal person married a staunch christian believer, they've been married for 10years with 2beautiful girls. Need, i tell you these people are enjoying the good life & dividend of marriage. The woman did not say, oh, cos my husband is not a spiritually deep person, I will pack out of his house. She loved him and that's the most important aspect of marriage.
Raji Fashola, Ayodele Fayose, Tinubu marital stories would give you chill.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Twelfthman: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2021
Hey be careful what you wish for

Queenlovely:
I wish she was my sister

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by cardoctor(m): 8:48am On Jan 20, 2021
We pray she gets a fair judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Karlosorji(m): 8:53am On Jan 20, 2021
And am sure they were bleeping. They missed that part

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by IgOga(m): 8:54am On Jan 20, 2021
It is sad that many Nigerian Christians don't read their bible and many of their pastors just make up doctrines that are unfamiliar in scriptures.

There is no where in the bible that says that it is only one man or one woman that is tailor-made for you. As a matter of fact the responsibility of choosing a husband or a wife lies with the person. The bible clearly tell women that they are free to marry whosoever they wish ( only in the Lord).

Church tradition on wedding is to ask the couple individually "do you take this person as your spouse?"

The idea that someone is still falling for "God said you are my wife" scam is sad.

Everyone need to take responsibility for their marital and relationship decisions.

This case only has a chance if the intent of the so called pastor was to defraud the woman of her money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by healthbing(f): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021
Do you know you can make at least 20-50k with no capital on mini-importation��??
The introductory class is totally free..

We are organizing this training to equip our fans with better financial knowledge and information needed to be successful legitly.

This is another means of growing your financial power.

*Course outline for the free class*
� Introduction to china Importation
�Methods of importation from China
� Understanding how to buy from China
�China platform to buy from
�1688.com
� Picture searching of product
�How to copy link
� Alibaba
� Introduction to blogging.
� Pre-order

This training program will on the 30th of this month⏰ by 8:00 PM

We love you ❤️
Why not save that 1k for sharwama and use it invest in yourself��.You don't need money to start importation.you can start by teaching.
The free class is on the 30 & 31st of January
Paid class is from 18-23 February 2021
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by kilonshele101(m): 9:01am On Jan 20, 2021
Adaorababy:
Two church pastors that I've seen such happen to their respective victims was an assistant pastor, Christ Embassy, Bida, Niger State and The Lord's Chosen, Baruten, Kwara State.

Christianity in Nigeria is purely scam. It's all about the money. 95% of Nigerian pastors can not be trusted with money. No iota of integrity in them.

It pains me to see how these lots continue to embarrass Christians coz Christianity is not just a religion, it's Christ's way of life. People should endeavor to study the Bible and get an understanding of the scripture and stop worshipping these God of men!!!

The same way some extremist Muslims are embarrassing Islam with their dangerous political struggle. But your fellow hypocrite Christians won't stop tagging the whole religion terrorism. Not knowing the joke is on them too.

Imagine tagging the whole Christianity 'scam'

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by tonyson010(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

Interesting. Did like to have evidence of this your opinion.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Refinedbeing(m): 9:06am On Jan 20, 2021
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

That's one fake pastor there, he played that lady right from the start and she fell for it.

The lady is dumb, she deserved what she got.

I said what I said.
He played her using religion. I pity her. She was played in the name of Jesus.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by BadBradley: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

stop talking what you don't know and don't generalise your statements.

Promising someone marriage and declining to marry by itself isn't a legal matter except it is clear the party who promised marriage is shown to have falsely led the other on and caused her great suffering and wastage.

Hope you get the drift?
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Godszilla: 9:08am On Jan 20, 2021
Brother take it easy with men, people really do pray to get marriage.

I know most dont like hearing this but marriage is actually over rated and by default more difficult for men.

The major problem with marriages these days is its too materialist which marriage is not and base of too much feeling which love is not because love is not a feeling.

Am a married person with kids and i see the good and bad like everything in life - you have to play the hand you are dealt.

Put PEACE of mind about any/everything before you get married. forget the money, the physical appearance put PEACE at the top before making that decision if you want to.
Offpoint1:
Do people really pray for marriage? Like do people actually pray to get married?

That's one of the most useless prayer point or thing to pray for...

Let me know believe only ladies offer such prayers. Any guy who does such should be shot at close range with 50 cal.

I couldn't read the content to the end, the foolishness in it is astonishing.
Is there brain in the lady head?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ladies love-vendor Their Friends To Their Fathers - Ossai Success, Okowa’s Aide Claims / Is It Better To Confess Or Keep It A Secret??? / This Is Why You Shouldn't Date A Fat Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.