Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,702 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises (26506 Views)

Lady Sues Boyfriend For Failing To Marry Her After ‘Wasting Her Time’ For 8 Yrs / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal / Lady Calls Out Her Married Boyfriend For Deceiving Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by sylve11: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Adaorababy:

Christianity in Nigeria is purely scam. It's all about the money. 95% of Nigerian pastors can not be trusted with money. No iota of integrity in them.

Your eyes don dey open? grin cool
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Viicfuntop(f): 9:09am On Jan 20, 2021
Okortor:
Fear WOMEN.......more reason why I have been careful dealing with them ...at work and anywhere.

And you shouldn’t fear your fellow man for deceiving her like that. You Nigerian guys think so highly of yourself when you are actually nothing. It’s people like you that only believe in taking. Nonsense.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by sylve11: 9:10am On Jan 20, 2021
symbianDON:
r for repent grin grin

that space she booked na for plenty opata wey she wan type as usual............. grin grin cool
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by LoveTalk(f): 9:12am On Jan 20, 2021
mansakhalifa:

'...chopped her money'

What is wrong with Punch? angry
Punch the punch nah
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Godszilla: 9:14am On Jan 20, 2021
True talk

God bless you.
Slackerpenguin2:

Christians have more of a responsibility to live up to the tenets of our religion...it is even written into the bible.

Especially pastors.

Especially the pastor in question who allegedly lied to a woman in the name of God so that he could get money from her.

We better start taking sin in the house serious...otherwise, in a generation, the church in Nigeria will end up like the church in Europe...empty, and desolate. Because how can you be claming christian and living like a worshipper of darkness?
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by hedocharles(m): 9:14am On Jan 20, 2021
inoki247:
The village name sef wan be like Kerewa..

Naso woman dey scam man since 1800BC they're now going to court if man start going to court case go plenty for court...

grin grin
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Viicfuntop(f): 9:18am On Jan 20, 2021
BiggyB242:

Fear women really??. Don't you see how heartless the man is, how can you make a woman sell her house, made her resign from her job and later dump her that's heartless. People when they take pastor words hook, line and sinker I blame.

I have a friend as speak who leading a girl who is 35+ while he is 33yrs knowing that he isn't going to marry her just but wasting her time for selfish gain. I keep telling him what he is doing isn't right.

At least a man isn’t supporting the pastor
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Godszilla: 9:18am On Jan 20, 2021
I see what you wrote there and you making brain seriously
Slackerpenguin2:

Well, we are following a man who said...'I am the Way'...not 'I might be the Way'....
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by tamunobello: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:
What Nigerian men don't understand is that if you promise to marry a woman and you don't, the woman can sue you to court.

In Nigeria, a promise to marry is a legally binding contract and contrary to what you think, she can institute a civil suit against you, win and be awarded monetary damages.

But how it became a criminal case here is somehow maybe due to the financial investment involved
Gbam! They don't know. Na to dey call person Simp them sabi for here.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by spadar4u(m): 9:26am On Jan 20, 2021
MackIV:
only reasonable comment here.
So he is ftc sense abi. Oya reduce ur size.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by mariovito(m): 9:35am On Jan 20, 2021
The Pastor should decline being tried by the Area Court, it doesn't have jurisdiction over him since he's Christian. Also, this is purely a civil matter, a breach of promise to marry which is not a crime but a tort. The Pastor should be let off the hook if his lawyer is basically smart, doesn't require a genius.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by jasman1: 9:35am On Jan 20, 2021
Yahoo Pastors!!
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by od501: 9:41am On Jan 20, 2021
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by cocolacec(m): 9:42am On Jan 20, 2021
blinking001:
I love this news.....I love it when evening newspapers get frustrated and act irrationally.....she wasted all her youths sleeping around and now old age is knocking and she wants to settle down with a pastor?..nonsense somebody....the pastor just dodged a bullet......more good news like this one is what we need.

How is the woman evening newspaper,when the Pastor is not more than 28 years old.?The lady is probably in her 20’s.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Yankee101: 9:45am On Jan 20, 2021
Don't give to any Pastor because he said so. Give according to the word of God
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by cocolacec(m): 9:46am On Jan 20, 2021
densiks:
The story says the pastor denied her claims with no details whatsoever which suggests he never took money from the complainant under false pretense which in my opinion could have been the only criminal aspect of the report.

I’m not aware that promising to marry someone and failing to do so afterwards warrants even a civil summon in any court.

If the story is true, then by natural law, karma will eventually visit the false pastor and the woman should pick up her life and move on.

Women have done worse things to men in the past and life continued.

If promise to marry wasnt a case,the court will not sit on it in the first place,the pastor has a case to answer.

Under the Penal code you can get into trouble for enticing a married woman to leave her husband.
North uses Penal code and the South uses criminal code.Different laws depending on the location.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 20, 2021
Okortor:
Fear WOMEN.......more reason why I have been careful dealing with them ...at work and anywhere.

It is obvious you never bothered to read the entire news before chanting "FEAR WOMEN" undecided

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Greenback: 9:59am On Jan 20, 2021
Fool!! I mean,Foooool!!!!! BIG FOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!

IF I'M THE JUDGE, I WILL SENTENCE HER TO JAIL FOR BEING A BIG FOOL.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Champneys: 10:00am On Jan 20, 2021
Another sorry tale from the chronicles of men of God.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 20, 2021
Kubernetes:
The pastor man is a devil.
[s]The woman is foolish to have resigned her job and sold her house.[/s]

Don't blame her at all. Limit the blame to the scammer she erroneously labelled a pastor because it is not a crime for her to love and humbly give whatever to him, having been assured of love and marriage.

Any viable NGO (Board Member) in Yola reading this should please help her. Assisting her financially will give you more media coverage, which can attract more local and overseas funding. So, it is a win-win situation. Please help her embarassed
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by FaAbokiWithSuit(m): 10:08am On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:
What Nigerian men don't understand is that if you promise to marry a woman and you don't, the woman can sue you to court.

In Nigeria, a promise to marry is a legally binding contract and contrary to what you think, she can institute a civil suit against you, win and be awarded monetary damages.

But how it became a criminal case here is somehow maybe due to the financial investment involved

Is that why you have been single all these years ?

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by musajo1(m): 10:13am On Jan 20, 2021
Pastors pastors pastors
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by BafanaBafana: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2021
inoki247:
The village name sef wan be like Kerewa..

Naso woman dey scam man since 1800BC they're now going to court if man start going to court case go plenty for court...
Hehehe.
Karewa is not a village though, it's a high brow area in yola.

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Yxxx: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2021
Kedu odika iberibe bu ihe nka. Odiegwu o!!!
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by ABOVEDELAW: 11:19am On Jan 20, 2021
SAYS WHO? MARRIAGE PROMISE DECREE WAS ABOLISHED BY THE BRITISH HOUSE OF COMMONS IN 1971, IT'S THE SAME LAW WE ARE PRACTISING IN NIGERIA, SO GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE POSTING.
Mynd44:

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by zoghys: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

Inasmuch as its wrong to promise a woman marriage and renege on it, there is never a constitutional provision for break in such promise especially when no substantial evidence is provided to declare otherwise.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by etrouble: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

In Nigerian or in Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Where's the man's pics? Let me see how handsome he is to be playing church girls. cool Lol
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by ebullient19(f): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
You are seeing too much
FalseProphet1:
I see more ladies falling prey to this marriage scam. I see desperation driving them into forcing men to commit to them, I see many of them being disappointed by these men. I see the pastor in question bribing his way out of the police state. I see him freed and back on the streets looking for the next available desperate woman to decieve. This I have seen.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by Ojochogwusunny(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2021
it baffles me that some people find it easy to deceive or swindle their victims....a thought of doing that alone make me feel uneasy; my conscience wouldn't allow me do that.
Re: Lady Sues Adamawa Pastor For Deceiving Her With Marriage Promises by mercy87(f): 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mynd44:

Is this true? Any law that can prove this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Non- Nigerian Women What Do You Really Think Of Nigerian Men / Ladies love-vendor Their Friends To Their Fathers - Ossai Success, Okowa’s Aide Claims / This Is Why You Shouldn't Date A Fat Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.