Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Reality Vs Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reality Vs Story (824 Views)

The Reality Behind 5G Network: Could This Be End Of The World? Read Carefully. / Death At The Mercy Of Life - The Reality Of The Resurrection Of Jesus / Love And Inter-tribal Marriage: The Sad Reality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2021
Reality
Friend: Come and follow me to somewhere.
Johny: My daddy died and I will be going for his burial tomorrow.
Friend: Let the dead people bury your daddy. Just come and follow me.
Johny: (shoots friend in the head in anger).

Story
Jesus: Come and follow me.
Anthony: My daddy died and I will be attending his burial tomorrow
Jesus: Let the dead bury themselves, but just come and follow me.
Johny: Wow, what a great philosophical reply from Jesus Christ my Lord.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 20, 2021
it was a very philosophical reply.

if you read well the man's father wasnt dead, the man was taking care of his sick father, also the man was giving excuses not to follow his calling spiritually. also jesus didnt say he shouldnt bury his father

What jesus meant was simple "let the spiritual dead people bury the physically dead person"
Re: Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

if you read well the man's father wasnt dead, the man was taking care of his sick father, also the man was giving excuses not to follow his calling spiritually. also jesus didnt say he shouldnt bury his father

What jesus meant was simple "let the spiritual dead people bury the physically dead person"
Christians sure know how to tell likes to cover up flaws. grin grin

Spiritually Dead People should bury physically dead person abi grin

If your parents die, just go and do evangelism while the 'spiritually dead people' bury your daddy behind your back. You and Jesus are two lying bunch grin grin
Re: Reality Vs Story by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
geoworldedu:

If your parents die, just go and do evangelism while the 'spiritually dead people' bury your daddy behind your back. You and Jesus are two lying bunch grin grin

The problem with people like you is that you don't understand what jesus was saying because you read the bible to find fault and to criticize, you read the surface instead of reading the depth of what he means. I know people like you wont understand sarcasm when they see one, or a joke where you have to connect the dots together to understand.

The spiritually dead people are people that do not believe in his gospel ( unbeliever)

Physically dead means ( a dead man)

Connect the dots together to understand.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2021
geoworldedu:
Reality

Story
Where have you been?
Re: Reality Vs Story by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56pm On Jan 20, 2021
geoworldedu:

This is No Flaw but the secret to living. For by that passage, Christ Shows us that we were and are all Dead, even though we are still breathing.

And we have oftentimes confessed the Truth of our death and the things that kill us in saying "I don die oh" for indeed you died and you knew it.

So the passage proves the Truth of the other passage that says He is "The Life".

Therefore, since The Life had chosen them to follow Him, surely He shall give them Life if they forsake death, which by His Calling and Choosing, He has made it easier for them to put away death from themselves and separate themselves from it.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05am On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The problem with people like you is that you don't understand what jesus was saying because you read the bible to find fault and to criticize, you read the surface instead of reading the depth of what he means. I know people like you wont understand sarcasm when they see one, or a joke where you have to connect the dots together to understand.

The spiritually dead people are people that do not believe in his gospel ( unbeliever)

Physically dead means ( a dead man)

Connect the dots together to understand.

This is not correct for it is the Law of God "the flesh (physical) profits nothing".

It is rather The Law of "Try the spirit". The Lord trieth the reins of my heart". Psalm 26:2

Any who does not follow Christ is in his death already and remains in it. They shall die not because they shall come to death, No, they die because they are dead and are in the dustbin of the Dead.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On Jan 21, 2021
geoworldedu:
Reality

Story
OP, I know this may seem hard for some of you to believe, but there are indeed those of us who's reality is shaped more like what you tag as story there.
A couple of years ago, a friend from Uganda told me how there is a tribe( a bunch of villages in undeveloped parts of uganda) out somewhere in Uganda where the living simply dump the body of their dead out in the forest to rot. They literally shove the dead body in a car, drive out to a place with some hidden bushes, threw the body out the back of the car, and drive off - no big deal! grin
Life and death ought really to be just that simple since after all we are all going to die eventually anyways.

The world out there does not really revolve around you and your chosen beliefs/traditons there, even as far as the dead are concerned.

When I die, if my body can't be donated to science or mined for parts, I want it cremated and cast in someone's garden to be used as fertilizer. grin
How about you? undecided
Re: Reality Vs Story by Kobojunkie: 7:03am On Jan 21, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Wrong! undecided
The dead father was indeed dead and the man had the choice of following Jesus Christ at that point instead of waiting to first bury his dead father, before proceeding on the journey with Jesus Christ and his other disciples. undecided

Seems there were others who could take care of the burial in the man's absence, even if It meant the man foregoing any honorary roles expected of him at said burial. To follow Jesus Christ, one is commanded to deny one's self (prepare to suffer loss of reputation, traditional/cultural standing, position, respect, etc.career, friendships/relationships), all in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ.
Re: Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 10:54am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
OP, I know this may seem hard for some of you to believe, but there are indeed those of us who's reality is shaped more like what you tag as story there.
A couple of years ago, a friend from Uganda told me how there is a tribe( a bunch of villages in undeveloped parts of uganda) out somewhere in Uganda where the living simply dump the body of their dead out in the forest to rot. They literally shove the dead body in a car, drive out to a place with some hidden bushes, threw the body out the back of the car, and drive off - no big deal! grin
Life and death ought really to be just that simple since after all we are all going to die eventually anyways.

The world out there does not really revolve around you and your chosen beliefs/traditons there, even as far as the dead are concerned.

When I die, if my body can't be donated to science or mined for parts, I want it cremated and cast in someone's garden to be used as fertilizer. grin
How about you? undecided
If your father dies, can you throw his damn body into the bush to get rotten.
Re: Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 10:59am On Jan 24, 2021
gensteejay:

Where have you been?
My phone was stolen in November bro. I have been managing one small phone since then. Happy new year bro.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Kobojunkie: 11:10am On Jan 24, 2021
geoworldedu:
If your father dies, can you throw his damn body into the bush to get rotten.
Without batting an eyelash, yes! After all, what is left after he is gone is just a carcass. undecided

Of course, I will, for sanitary reasons bury it under soil. undecided
Re: Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 11:22am On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Without batting an eyelash, yes! After all, what is left after he is gone is just a carcass. undecided

Of course, I will, for sanitary reasons bury it under soil. undecided
Your father must have treated you badly while growing up, if not, it is not cultural to throw your dad in the dump bin just like this.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Kobojunkie: 11:25am On Jan 24, 2021
geoworldedu:
Your father must have treated you badly while growing up, if not, it is not cultural to throw your dad in the dump bin just like this.
I never said anything about anyone treating ne badly growing up or even now, so let's stay away from the stupid assumptions shall we. undecided

I just do not subscribe to your cultural ideals, even those about the treatment of dead bodies is all. undecided

And as I mentioned, there are many cultures around the world that do not. undecided
Re: Reality Vs Story by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 24, 2021
geoworldedu:
My phone was stolen in November bro. I have been managing one small phone since then. Happy new year bro.
That's sad to hear. Sorry.
Re: Reality Vs Story by geoworldedu: 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never said anything about anyone treating ne badly growing up or even now, so let's stay away from the stupid assumptions shall we. undecided

I just do not subscribe to your cultural ideals, even those about the treatment of dead bodies is all. undecided

And as I mentioned, there are many cultures around the world that do not. undecided
Your culture doesn't accept throwing your dead dad into the dust bin so it is uncultural and it's natural for a rational human being to get offended if someone is advising him or her not to bury his or her dead in a region where burying is the norm. So Jesus advising that guy is a no no in a place where burying is the norm.
Re: Reality Vs Story by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
geoworldedu:
Your culture doesn't accept throwing your dead dad into the dust bin so it is uncultural and it's natural for a rational human being to get offended if someone is advising him or her not to bury his or her dead in a region where burying is the norm. So Jesus advising that guy is a no no in a place where burying is the norm.
Don't you just hate it when you start sounding exactly like the religious people you love to hate. undecided
ROFLMAO
grin wink grin cheesy grin cheesy grin wink
Again, I do not subscribe to your cultural ideals.... I don't believe corpses are human beings but simply carcasses to be disposed of. Some burn the corpses of their dead, some float them out to be buried at sea and turned into fish food .... It all depends on what you subscribe to. undecided

There is nothing 'natural' or 'rational' about treating a corpse as more than that...Emotional responses are not by default rational responses... They are simply just that. undecided

Your cultural ideals are yours... Others have theirs..none more superior in that wise just different. undecided

Now back to Jesus Christ, He was not against those who chose to bury their dead. Neither did He declare cultures that believe in burying their dead as being far superior than others. He simply asked the man to follow Him, allowing those who do not care for Him to handle the dead, even if on the man's behalf.

(1) (Reply)

Sexuality of Jesus and The Missing Verses Of The Gospel Of Mark / New Yam Festival And The Bible / Man Punches His Mother In-law For Giving His New Born Baby Tribalmarks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.