Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad (37913 Views)

My Nasty Experience With Nigerian In New Jersey / Why Are Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:

That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad. I had the chance of relocating to London 2 years ago. but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians are all over the place. What's the point of leaving Lagos for another Lagos Phase II (London). I think I will prefer white churches will still keeping in touch with few good Nigerians
look any part of the world u travel to u will always see a nigerian
We are everywia.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by salford1: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnennachiji:
I attend a Nigerian church Redeemed in Houston and is one of the best decisions ever
You can’t just conclude all Nigerian churches are bad
This particular church is a good one and really helps it’s members
They allowed my sister to bring her twins to their daycare for two years without paying
Even now what the are paying is below the normal rates
The help new immigrants to become comfortable
And can even be coming to your house to take you to church if you don’t have a car
The assist you a lot
It’s really a nice church
Even my son I have registered him to their daycare without paying but due to corona he has not been going
This church is a life saver
It’s a small church so no much gossip
I love this church
Some Nigerian churches are very good no doubt about that. Just a few bad ones out there.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by felixnkubi: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
you don't want to go to any country that have many Nigerians but you still wanna go to a country with Nigerian churches... they have use your brain to wrap akara

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Chrisog: 5:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
Church is church anywhere, the only difference is the intonation the pastor uses and environment. Perhaps, Oyibo and other Africans aside Nigeria behave differently.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by MacMkboy(m): 5:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
MoneyTrees:
cheesy cheesy
Your reply dey like when hoodlums enter protest.
How far ni you sef follow for believers? tongue
U even know wetin to believe grin grin grin
Ogbeni pack well, smoke Mali kush you won't listen, I know you don't understand, what I'm doing is for your sake grin
I'm trying to caution that Aunty to atleast assist us by saying the truth that she knows well that religion is a scam
If she admits it, some people will atleast listen to her and gradually become liberated and you're busy quoting me up-and-down

I used to be a worse atheist sometime ago. I pray you jam power. Then u go believe.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:

That's shocking! Same Nigeria mentality manifesting abroad. I had the chance of relocating to London 2 years ago. but I turned it down when I discovered Nigerians are all over the place. What's the point of leaving Lagos for another Lagos Phase II (London). I think I will prefer white churches will still keeping in touch with few good Nigerians
I guess uncle ruckus is right after all!!! white people are calmer in every thing they do.....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnennachiji:

Are they forcing you to pay tithe and offering?
In my church nobody forces anybody to pay anything
So someone saving you up to 600 dollars a month is not generous
Anyway I know the church is really a life saver
So quit trying to sound as if you know everyone’s Situation

Sir
Please I am moved to ask you for assistance
No matter how small or no mattet the nature
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by MoneyTrees(m): 5:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin grin
This one sounds like one nerd I met last week, I simply brought out my Jumbo sized Mali kush smoked quietly & when I left I heard rumors that he jammed with a really rough mafiaso grin

Smoke & you won't hear
Imagine now you're sounding like primary 2B
Which one is jam power again ni
What power what are you talking about angry
MacMkboy:

I used to be a worse atheist sometime ago. I pray you jam power. Then u go believe.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by BigDawsNet: 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
I attend Roman Catholic Church in California

The are all Spanish , Dominican and whites

Very low percentage of blacks and those black self are African Americans...

No drama
Just pray and worship God that's all

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by MoneyTrees(m): 5:48pm On Jan 24, 2021
Lamanii22:

I love that church already
See ni >shocked the other Aunty should stop spreading mediocre thoughts grin tongue
These people are already copying ni
All my efforts sad
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Irijosa777(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
nnennachiji:

What do you mean by daddy and mummy crew
I told you my experience take a chill pill please

Don't mind him, he want everybody to speak bad about the church and if you don't support their views they will call you names but one thing is sure, their opinions are irrelevant as long the church is concerned.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by hustla(m): 5:50pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:
Good evening friends.
I was going through this thread yesterday and the writer clearly advised any new immigrant to stay from Nigerian churches abroad in other to avoid drama and Toxicity.

https://www.nairaland.com/6328171/sad-truths-living-abroad

Please I want people to share the experiences with Nigerian churches abroad.

I am planing to travel out before this year runs out and I needs to be well informed with regards to churches.
Relocating to UK (london) has never been part of my plan due to high population of Nigerians residing there. Why should I leave Nigeria for another country with high concentration of Nigerians. It makes no difference anymore.

Please kindly help us share your experiences with Nigerian churches abroad. Thanks

Cc: DisGuy, justwise

No where wey naija no dey

Best is to just avoid them whether Australia or Canada or UK and live your life lowkey

I've heard terrible stuff about Nigerian churches abroad though and seen some videos

Winners and Redeem especially.. Then too dey do nonsense
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Freezby2020: 5:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin grin
Lol
So na di daughters dey make you and your friends go to the church. Thank you. grin grin

Your post makes me laugh, I almost break my ribs
grin
iLegendd:
In Singapore, my Church was opposite Lee Kuan Yews' house (the greatest Prime Minister on Earth who made the country the best and safest in the world). No tall fence, no security, no noise, no loud speakers. After Church, lots of food and refreshment.

One day, I managed to go to a Nigerian Church abroad and they were too noisy, but the noise if only within inside. Playing music more than anything. Get too loud and the pastor will be arrested and the Church closed. After that day, I refused attending Nigerian Churches. Below is a picture I took in Church one of those days.

I miss that Church. Pastor's extremely beautiful twin daughters kept me and my friend always going to Church. We wanted to share them, but it was as if God knew our plans and he paralyzed our mouths and when we see them, we couldn't say a word. Lol. One day, I just had to do it.

I put $5 offering and eat food/fruit worth $50 or more. Picture of me and Naija friends standing outside the Church eating.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Oluwaleinad14(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
Abih make I share my naija church experience since arh never go obodo oyinbo

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Burruchaga71(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithers ( na there you go know say mr sola doesn't have a mortgage but went to buy an expensive car, sister Mary is an assylum seeker using female genital mutilation formats, bro Kenneth married an old mama for papers bla bla bla)

The good side- socialization (abroad life is lonely), invites to birthday, naming and weddings etc.

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses.

Source - used to attend one in Birmingham back in 2006 with my mother . Stopped being religious shortly after that grin. Na scam
. Same story here in South Africa when I used to attend Zoe ministry in 1998. These criminals who called them selves pastors nearly dried me up.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Chibabe005(f): 6:11pm On Jan 24, 2021
Brightfab:

My friend go and sit down, you don't have anything to contribute to this thread.

buhahahaha!!! been a while I laughed this hard!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Bahamas95(m): 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2021
@Zorani.

You nailed it. Most gullible christians are yet to realize these pastors give you with the left hand and collect from you with the right hand. grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by GloShare(m): 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
I attend a diversified church. Tried a few nigerian churches and them too dress. Too serious, kept bugging me to become full time member.

Now I do a mixed church. My wife and kids dress moderately. I usually wear a polo, jean and slippers and I'm off. Most whites don't stress over church clothes.

Anytime my wife and I wear matching outfits they will be admiring us. Theres always food and bread outside which you can take home if you want. Offering is after church if you choose to.

I like my mixed church.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by gabicon: 6:15pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:
Good evening friends.
I was going through this thread yesterday and the writer clearly advised any new immigrant to stay from Nigerian churches abroad in other to avoid drama and Toxicity.

I am planing to travel out before this year runs out and I needs to be well informed with regards to churches.
Relocating to UK (london) has never been part of my plan due to high population of Nigerians residing there. Why should I leave Nigeria for another country with high concentration of Nigerians. It makes no difference anymore.

Please kindly help us share your experiences with Nigerian churches abroad. Thanks

Nigerians like, entertain, enjoy, and act a lot of drama, this characteristic goes with is exhibited wherever we live. It's not so much about the church, it's more about the character of the people. I lived in the UK for some time as a student, I really didn't understand why some Nigerians refused to attend Nigerian church. I attended a Nigeria church, the drama plenty, it's either the pastor or pastors wife, or members. There is barely a month you won't get some entertainment or unanswered questions. So if you are not up for drama just go attend another church. If I were you I would attend a few churches and decide on the bone that bests suits me.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Dollanaira: 6:19pm On Jan 24, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by GloShare(m): 6:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
salford1:

Some Nigerian churches are very good no doubt about that. Just a few bad ones out there.

Nah...

Its a few good ones, not a few bad ones.
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nicoswit(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2021
Chibabe005:

buhahahaha!!! been a while I laughed this hard!
Ur dp sef dey laugh hard
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by godwon01(m): 6:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg
What happens is that , Nigeria are concentrated in a particular place where they will enjoy the same life like that of Lagos. The day I got to Peck ham ,I thought I was at Idumota or Oyingbo. People speaking Yoruba as if they were in Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Martins004(m): 6:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
Christ Embassy I attended BK then in Al-ain in UAE is of no difference from Nig own, same method of worship and doctrine. offering is not by force, the church comprises of both Nig, other African Nationals nd whites nd it was cool worshiping there.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Keebee4bowale: 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
2years ago my family relocated to uk. When my hubby got a job after 2wks, we were looking for an apartment. Somebody advised us to look for a Nigeria churches around, so we look for rccg because we attended redeem in Nigeria. we called d pastor and he came to our rescue. He went to my husband office and pick him for house inspection. after d whole story we were asked to pay deposit and house rent, d pastor paid part of the accommodation. To God be d glory We moved in, d dat very day pastor brot dinner to us. The following day him and d wife went to do shopping for us food stuffs, blender, sets of plates and cups, provisions, everything full ground, I and my husband could not close our mouth because dis can’t be done in Nigeria. Dis was so amazing. Every Sunday he will come and pick us to church. Offering and tithe are not compulsory. Always help members. None of the members lack good things. We always help each other like a family.
There was a day my husband asked pastor wia de are getting money to run d church from because we realised dat most people don’t drop offering and tithe. He said from voluntary donations.
See way de are helping members during lockdown no be small thing o.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
Den of gossips and envy, people nacking each other's wives/ husband, competition and back biting, pastors always want to milk you with different tithes and some have awards and special callouts for highest tithers ( na there you go know say mr sola doesn't have a mortgage but went to buy an expensive car, sister Mary is an assylum seeker using female genital mutilation formats, bro Kenneth married an old mama for papers bla bla bla)

The good side- socialization (abroad life is lonely), invites to birthday, naming and weddings etc.

Oyinbo churches are somewhat calm, they are not tithe and offering obsessed, everyone minds their own businesses.

Source - used to attend one in Birmingham back in 2006 with my mother . Stopped being religious shortly after that grin. Na scam

You just summarise everything in few sentences, you be journalist ni cheesy
Op better pray at home or if you must, white church

As for me, have always turn down every invitations to any 9ja churches.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by chubinwa(m): 6:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
SirToby:
Good evening friends.

you obviously lost track of your sense when you compared the population of Nigerians in London to that of Lagos. obviously, you don't no what you are saying. me, I haven't comot from this shithole, but that has been my utmost desire to comot even though Nigerians outnumbers the citizens. it will give me some level of dopamine owning to the fact that I am in a white man's land where saner people breed.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by IceTrice01: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
ednut1:
sorry you are not making sense. Nigerians in London are not up to 3% of the total population there. Who goes abroad thinking about how many of his country men are there Abeg

Actually 12.5% as at 2013, so as expected it'll be higher than that now.

Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
iLegendd:
In Singapore, my Church was opposite Lee Kuan Yews' house (the greatest Prime Minister on Earth who made the country the best and safest in the world).

One day, I managed to go to a Nigerian Church abroad and they were too noisy, but the noise is only within. Playing music more than anything.

I miss that Church. [s]Pastor's extremely beautiful twin daughters kept me and my friend always going to Church. We wanted to share them, but it was as if God knew our plans and he paralyzed our mouths and when we see them, we couldn't say a word. Lol. One day, I just had to do it. You only die once.[/s]

I put $5 offering and eat food/fruit worth $50 or more. Picture of me and Naija friends standing outside the Church eating.

In summary, it was worth it.

Una no dey think outside una tiny penis. Everything una see una want Fu¢k. Twaaa!
Re: Share Your Experience With Nigerian Churches Abroad by descarado: 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
Rubicon67:

London is a Cosmopolitan City with diverse nationalities and ethnic blends. Nigerians are just one of these groups of people.

Tagging London as Lagos Phase II doesn't make sense and you are way off mark, as they both have their unique identities. If you don't want to live in London, you can live in other Cities in the UK...and that could have it's pros and cons regarding integration and opportunities.

You mentioned Nigerian mentality, please don't join the group of people that will secure a 6 month visa and start bashing their country of origin and acting 'whiter than the whites', with manufactured foreign accents.

If you don't like a place, find another. Don't go bashing and basing your judgement on hearsay.

Especially with the manufactured foreign accent.
Oh gosh!
That's where u will notice that majority of us have low self esteem
U will never see a south African, Ghanaian, gambian, Kenyan etc deny their mother tongue cos they want to fit in.

I always tell anybody who feign to struggle with hearing my accent to listen very well, if I can hear him or her, she or him should make effort to hear me. And once you say this, they will sit up and respond appropriately.
End of story.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Deadly Flooding In Umuoba Anam Community Anambra State (video) / COVID-19: The Story Of Nigerians Under Lockdown In Foreign Countries / Accident In Abuja,SUV Catches Fire Due To Fuel Leakage At Police Checkpoint(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.