Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (67316 Views)

Police Officer Detained For Shooting A Keke Napep Driver To Death In Rivers / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / Man Punches Taxi Driver To Death In Owerri (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Biodun556(m): 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison

A 45-year-old driver, Adetunji Tunde Oluwasegun, has been sentenced to two years imprisonment for fraudulently converting to personal use a sum N2million that was erroneously transferred into his account.

The Ilorin Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had on Monday, January 18, 2021 arraigned Oluwasegun on one-count charge bordering on stealing before Justice Sikiru Oyinloye of the Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin. The offence contravenes Section 286 and punishable under Section 287 of the Penal Code.

The charge reads:

"That you, Adetunji Tunde Oluwasegun, sometime between the month of July, 2020 and 21st of August, 2020 at Ilorin, Kwara State, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court dishonestly took the sum of N2,000,000.00 (Two Million Naira), property of Sherifat Omolara Sanni, which she erroneously transferred to your bank account 0008383333 domiciled with Guaranty Trust Bank plc, without her consent and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 286 of the Penal Code and punishable under Section 287 of the same Penal Code"

The defendant pleaded ‘guilty’ to the charge when it was read to him.

Justice Oyinloye found Oluwasegun guilty of the offence and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with a fine of N200, 000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira).

The judge also ordered the convict to restitute his victim the sum of N2million before he finished serving his jail term.

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/3766772373345225/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Lawalemi(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2021
Na wah o. Oversmartness don put this one for jail

116 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nicepoker(m): 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2021
East and West. Time to disgrace yourselves.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by RealLordZeus(m): 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2021

Justice Oyinloye found Oluwasegun guilty of the offence and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with a fine of N200, 000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira).

The judge also ordered the convict to restitute his victim the sum of N2million before he finished serving his jail term.
I no understand this judgement oooo

Send to prison with fine, not an option.
Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

591 Likes 30 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Sonnobax15(m): 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
cool. Baba God,abeg any alert wey go lead us into problem,abeg make we no receive am..

305 Likes 10 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by UncleHaba22: 10:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
U dey your house wahala carry him leg com meet you
Nawa o

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by yomi007k(m): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

That one no concern anybody...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by walter11590: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
I no understand this judgement ooooSend to prison with fine, not an option.Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

18 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by SouthNigerian: 3:36am On Jan 22, 2021
Sharming95:
says a foolish being whose brothers efrione knows are into drug peddling both home and abroad

Any moniker that tries to turn this to an Igbo & Yoruba fight is a fulani online confusionist.

They are up there, they belong to the same team.

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by tobechi74: 5:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Whoose fault
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Fuckyoumod: 5:47am On Jan 22, 2021
Very useless judgement.

The guy would have been given an option.

Pay back or serve.

1. serve
2. Pay fine
3. Pay back 2m.

Which kin judgement be that? Even After the suspect pleaded guilty.

Appeal the fucking judgement

241 Likes 19 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Mide3367: 6:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Money! money!! money!!! It can change a man in an instant to something else whether good or bad

4 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by TANID(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2021
Fuckyoumod:
Very useless judgement.
The guy would have been given an option.
Pay back or serve.
1. serve 2. Pay fine 3. Pay back 2m.
Which kin judgement be that? Even After the suspect pleaded guilty.
Appeal the fucking judgement

exactly What's On My Mind seriously That's A Stupid judgement

115 Likes 9 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Kingluqman(m): 7:53am On Jan 22, 2021
Na wa ooo!!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Mayng01(m): 8:09am On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I tire o

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by xest(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2021
Bennysam:
I’m not surprised he is a Yoruba man , criminal minded people
if na some ppl from one part of the country now,Dem go do name check. Now na dem dey lead for stealing

4 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by SamgoldBaba: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2021
His he entitled to allowance in prison? How is he going to pay up?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by bigdammyj: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2021
Noted
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by slawormiir: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr

Isoright
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by pretydiva(f): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
The man no get sense ni undecided. The money is traceable

4 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by OakConsultNG: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Interesting..

Meanwhile, take your business to the peak today.. Register your Business, Church and Association also Incorporate your Company with the CAC all at a 20% DISCOUNT today!. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Legalcriminal: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
I’m waiting for a day someone would send same or more into my account.

15 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Julietfashola: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Lol ..this man sha
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by CalabarPikin: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Hmmm

That's total rubbish to me.....bros fine money get better lawyer....WTF....na me send u to bless me ni..

But las las, oga u no try sha....anybody can make mistake....why u go chop money were u no labour for....abi u be thief...??

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
Hahahahaha..... Laf wor kill me here
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by GroundnutSoup9: 10:45am On Jan 22, 2021
This judge must have been high when delivering this judgment.Restitute #2M in jail!?! undecided

21 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Kingpele(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2021
Chai, just When the poor man thought that God has picked his call,he never knew all along it was his village people calling him to enter jail ,now he will cough up 200k as fine and still have to make 2million inside prison to settle im matter..wait 2milla he wasn't able to make outside prison all this years ,he must make it in two years inside jail wow... greed is a bastard

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Codes151(m): 10:46am On Jan 22, 2021
If na that one dem go quick judge.

Efcc even post am. For their mind they are working.

2 years smh for money way no get value

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road / Man's Penis Bitten Off For Stealing In Bakassi Peninsula (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.