Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (67323 Views)

Police Officer Detained For Shooting A Keke Napep Driver To Death In Rivers / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / Man Punches Taxi Driver To Death In Owerri (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Stanleyq: 11:51am On Jan 22, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/3766772373345225/
ehee naa, as pastors dey tell una, b4 next wk, u go receive alert, na im this one receive, u come dey judge him, if na me, i nog go plead 4 guilty, i go tell them say, i think na God send am o, cos as i dey waka, one prophet assure me say i go see alert, he don make mistake ooo chai!

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Awoo88: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yeah... because the bank will just be looking like lucozade! You don't know what you are talking about.

The only way he could have gotten away with this is if he relocated from the country.
make mistake put 2million for account. Both of us will be victims. part of the money will be used for my defence. Two years letter we will still be going to court to determine if indeed I withdrew the money or was defrauded too
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by jamesfield: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2021
shocked
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by PurestBoy(m): 11:59am On Jan 22, 2021
Legalcriminal:
I’m waiting for a day someone would send same or more into my account.

What would you do?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Yankee101: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2021
If you think you can chop mistaken transfers, think again
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by fineboynl(m): 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I no understand this judgement oooo

Send to prison with fine, not an option.
Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni
me I tire oh when I read that part. the guy wan use smartness convert the money by force. and this angered the judge.

the money done enter voicemail. the guy nor ready to release that money.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by masterP042(m): 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

him no get sense, Immediately he got the alert, he would have got police report his phone and Atm with other valuable documents were missing, withdraw all the money, buy new phone, do welcome back and collect new atm, if dem arrest am, he tender police report, this will indemnify him.
Criminals like u think they're wise. This man may have thought like you.. But just so u know, that 2m in one way or the other will leave a trace, that police will use to implicate you. Just pray u don't enter such situation.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by ClassicMG(m): 12:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
He was probably railroad to jail by the lawyer given to him
Fuckyoumod:
Very useless judgement.

The guy would have been given an option.

Pay back or serve.

1. serve
2. Pay fine
3. Pay back 2m.

Which kin judgement be that? Even After the suspect pleaded guilty.

Appeal the fucking judgement

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
Minjim:

Many people intend to pay for a legit biz but later found out they're dealing with a scammer.
In that situation you can demand your money back by saying it was mistakenly sent.
The receiver will have to justify how he earned it
beautiful! Only, that is not what this story says. If she was scammed, then she should say she was scammed. Why have a clear case of fraud/scam, yet have to resort to demanding your money back by saying it was mistakingly sent? Na that 'mistakingly sent' no just make sense to me. Even uSSD trf's will show name, much less a trf made online or over the counter.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by bigjackass: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
We should learn to do the right thing and stop being opportunists
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by onegig(m): 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Does the presiding judge actually know what they are doing exactly? Or probably those that reported this judgement are mistaken.

So he spends 2 years behind bars and if after time elapses and he isn't able to pay the 2million back . What happens exactly?

He is not released from Prison or what? Or the Plaintiff has to file another case after the two years?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by jaxxy(m): 12:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

Very ridiculous judgement. The man didn’t do yahoo and force anyone to pay into his personal account. It’s an error and yes he shud pay back bt how?

The law is Nigeria Justice System seems partial and ment for only the poor and weak.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by damiloladuke: 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
what do you want to do with money that does not belong to you...It is different if no one lays claim to the fund..but once the owner appears...drop money abeg

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Cutehector(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
I no pity am cheesy
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by OneNigerianist: 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
the judge must be a lunatic
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

INCOMPETENCE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by bonjelevel(m): 12:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
Kwak judge... since he pleaded guilty.. then you should have given him the opportunity to pay back the money within an estimated period..
Will he be receiving salary in the jail ?
Is it a crime to receive an alert ?
Instead of you to face the reality and let the sender knows she is at fault and make solution on how she gets back her money..
Now you putting pressure on another family by jailing there father..
Fake Judgement..
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Rhu4xce: 12:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
Efcc nah thief
MAGU nah thief
The country is crippled with poverty stricken people what then do you expect from a driver?. He was unlucky really. He should have known that was a traceable thingy.
Bitcoins though?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by cpu2006(m): 12:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nicepoker:
East and West. Time to disgrace yourselves.

Empty brain. Oponu, Eranko wink wink wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Mydazz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
The judge don smoke Ondo weed oh,..... 200,000 as fine for what nah?
The change suppose be 1.8milla, but ganja judge still talk two years plus restitution
Salary don dey for jail now......

This kind thing na to arrange payback,..... I pity the owner of the money sha, unless the money plenty for dia
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:45pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I wonder oo. This is a very harsh punishment. He should have been given a sentencing with an option of a fine and restitution of the money stolen. This sentence shows that the owner of the money has longer legs than the accused. Also with 2m, he should have hired a good lawyer to defend him and he won't be in jail now!

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Austin4Jesus(m): 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
It's good to know you guys can conclude a financial criminal case in a very short time, please also perform this miracle when it affects a politician too.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by trilacos: 1:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
You spend someone's money and you think you would go scotfree?hell no! The owner is not a politician,she work hard for her money and you spent it,hoping it won't have consequence and some people are saying how will he paid the money,NOBODY CARES! When he was spending the money,he didn't know or is it the owner that will forfeit her hard earned money. Nigerian are just too criminally minded,look at the comment,we have lost it in this country.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by debbleopto: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
grin
RealLordZeus:

;� he is great great grandson of pharaoh. Shu didun things

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by debbleopto: 1:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
yomi007k:

That one no concern anybody...

Heartless citizen. You won't near place of power
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by debbleopto: 1:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
walter11590:
I no understand this judgement ooooSend to prison with fine, not an option.Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

I am surprised too. Even outside prison he can't work and get #2m, except another mistake alert enter
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by debbleopto: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
TANID:
exactly What's On My Mind seriously That's A Stupid judgement

It is from Ilorin sir
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by herich(m): 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Thought yorubas are saints,,, the way they always paint themselves,
While the Igbos are the only black sheep of the society.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Etinosa1234: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
QueenVaji:

hausa man judgment..his lucky they didn't stone him to death

The judge is not Hausa
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by toxtimmy: 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
That's because the judiciary is full of clowns�.... Look at all the politicians and government workers that stole trillions of naira and non of them have done 2 years in prison.... All the lawyers do is find words for dictionary to talk incoherently...the judges all they wait for bribes and the police is headless chickens running around... Honestly, if you love Nigeria at this stage na to run go to the Amazon forest and start a life there as even the animals in the Amazon forest have a better country than Nigeria.

RealLordZeus:

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by einsteine(m): 1:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
onegig:
Does the presiding judge actually know what they are doing exactly? Or probably those that reported this judgement are mistaken.

So he spends 2 years behind bars and if after time elapses and he isn't able to pay the 2million back . What happens exactly?

He is not released from Prison or what? Or the Plaintiff has to file another case after the two years?

He will remain there indefinitely until he pays fine and he refunds. There are many people in KiriKiri who have served the time part of their sentence but can't pay the fine part. They remain there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maid Locked Up, Fed With Cockroaches & Faeces By Her Madam In Anambra (Graphic) / Soldiers Beat Policemen Extorting Motorists, Cyclists On Aba Road / Ritualists Murder Girl On Her Way To Church In Delta, Remove Vital Organs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.