Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (67331 Views)

Police Officer Detained For Shooting A Keke Napep Driver To Death In Rivers / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / Man Punches Taxi Driver To Death In Owerri (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by wirinet(m): 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Awoo88:

make mistake put 2million for account. Both of us will be victims. part of the money will be used for my defence. Two years letter we will still be going to court to determine if indeed I withdrew the money or was defrauded too
Don't mind them, that is why I say corruption and illiteracy is the bane of the Nigerian judicial system.

The charge sheet is rubbish;

"That you, Adetunji Tunde Oluwasegun, sometime between the month of July, 2020 and 21st of August, 2020 at Ilorin, Kwara State, within the jurisdiction of this Honourable Court dishonestly took the sum of N2,000,000.00 (Two Million Naira), property of Sherifat Omolara Sanni, which she erroneously transferred to your bank account 0008383333 domiciled with Guaranty Trust Bank plc, without her consent and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 286 of the Penal Code and punishable under Section 287 of the same Penal Code"
Where did the defendant see the Sherifat Omolara Sanni before you talk of him dishonestly taking her money? This at best should have been a civil case whereby the defendant is given time to refund the money.

The the judgement is absurd. The convict is being punished 3 times for the same offence.
1. Pay a fine.
2. Go to jail
3. Return the money.

The judgement itself reeks of corruption.

Then what is it with these accused confessing and pleading guilty to crimes without the presence of their lawyer? A standard accused must be read his rights before arrest and interrogation, his rights to a lawyer and a right to remain silent.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hollah123: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
masterP042:

Criminals like u think they're wise. This man may have thought like you.. But just so u know, that 2m in one way or the other will leave a trace, that police will use to implicate you. Just pray u don't enter such situation.
what if he relocated n change all SIM card?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
romenna:

Ur comment is purely based on ur ignorance of the banking business.
To enlighten u in d language I think u can understand, a bank is where u keep or store valuables that u r free to take back anytime u need that "YOUR" valuable u stored with the bank.
Now from this professional explanation of what a bank means, tell me if the valuable in question (2m) was stored by d culprit.
Talking of religion, do u know Nigeria is a secular state? Ur Islamic or Christian beliefs will not be consulted b4 a judgement is passed on ur matter in a secular state.
And again, ur ignorance of our laws is not necessary in court.
Make una dey get sense o
Now d best u can do is sue d bank for invading ur privacy and disturbing ur peace of mind, hoping d judge will find any substance in ur arguement

Wisdom demands that you are civil when you are arguing with people you don't know online. "Make una dey get sense" is not a statement you say to anyone.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by romenna: 1:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
PenName55:

Wisdom demands that you are civil when you are arguing with people you don't know online. "Make una dey get sense" is not a statement you say to anyone.
Firstly, I was enlightening and not arguing.
Secondly, d phrase "make una dey get sense" is a general advice to all and not directed to anyone in particular
Finally, I said a lot in my comment, how come u only focused on d negative? Are u naturally a sadistic narcissist?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
romenna:

Firstly, I was enlightening and not arguing.
Secondly, d phrase "make una dey get sense" is a general advice to all and not directed to anyone in particular
Finally, I said a lot in my comment, how come u only focused on d negative? Are u naturally a sadistic narcissist?

I am never saddistic but rather happistic grin
It's just that some words I don't use on people except during a fight I don't like it used at me when I discuss.

Have a pleasant weekend
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by masterP042(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
hollah123:
what if he relocated n change all SIM card?
The best thing is to return the money.. Bvn is there to track him
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Princerichi0(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I no understand this judgement oooo

Send to prison with fine, not an option.
Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

People wey normal for this country no plenty. If you check well, you'd find out the judge dey kush.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by udemzyudex(m): 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
One day it will be end the judiciary.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hollah123: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
masterP042:

The best thing is to return the money.. Bvn is there to track him
he can only b tracked if he uses any account linked to his BVN,if that kind money enter person account n he no wan return am...
Na to relocate straight up,drop all sim cards n never use any of your account again...it's as simple as that
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by romenna: 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2021
PenName55:

I am never saddistic but rather happistic grin
It's just that some words I don't use on people except during a fight I don't like it used at me when I discuss.

Have a pleasant weekend
I hope u have come away with useful information from my initial comment tho. Cheers

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by neutral2000: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
That is unfair
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by TANID(m): 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
debbleopto:

It is from Ilorin sir
yes i Know Sir i'm Even At ilorin right now
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by TANID(m): 2:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
banmee:

It's not. It is common practice to fine and jail anyone convicted depending on the crime but it is left to the discretion of the judge. More often than not, the judge will consider the circumstance of the accused before making judgement and not impose both. The accused must have pissed him off.
understood Sir

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2021
Very harsh judgement for the poor, a slap on the wrist usually for the rich.

The mentality of both poor and rich is usually the same in this country - zero ethics/morals - but the poor are more liable to do desperate things and as such need to be dealt with, with a lot of caution.

Guess if this perp had money for a decent lawyer he'd also get off with a much lighter reprimand. Sad, either way.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Eagban(m): 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
damiloladuke:
what do you want to do with money that does not belong to you...It is different if no one lays claim to the fund..but once the owner appears...drop money abeg
The money is in his name!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by frog12: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
POLITICIAN steals billions, pay only fine!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by yomi007k(m): 2:21pm On Jan 22, 2021
debbleopto:

Heartless citizen. You won't near place of power

Thief supporter = Thief.

May you rot in hell.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by smallsmall: 2:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
Justice Oyinloye found Oluwasegun guilty of the offence and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with a fine of N200, 000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira).

The judge also ordered the convict to restitute his victim the sum of N2million before he finished serving his jail term.

All these shameless Nigerian Judges, it is when dealing with POOR PEOPLE that they begin to flex muscle. One day, the poor people are going to come for them. undecided If it was a Politician that stole #20 Billion now, this same Judges will put him underhouse arrest or ask him to refund #500K out of it, as punishment.

How does this foolish Judge expect someone who was sent to Prison, who will be in prison for the next two years, to restitute the Victim, DURING his time in Prison? Will he make that amount of money while in Prison?
And that is ontop of a #200,000 fine!

I am not in support of his actions, the bank should just have blocked the withdrawal of such money from the account while he is appealed to, and shown proof that it was sent there in error (it could have been sent there intentionally, by kidnappers trying to use his account for ransom) afterwhich the transaction should be reversed by the bank.

I am almost certain this Judge is under the influence of a bribe and has an axe to grind against such poor people.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by masterP042(m): 2:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
hollah123:
he can only b tracked if he uses any account linked to his BVN,if that kind money enter person account n he no wan return am...
Na to relocate straight up,drop all sim cards n never use any of your account again...it's as simple as that
The thing is that one can only have one bvn, no matter the bank u wanna open the account in Nigeria. Secondly, 2m is not worth relocation, but even if it was. Can u safely, relocate with your family? Where can u safely relocate to that the Nigerian police can't trace you? Unless it's abroad.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by lagosrd: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cool. Baba God,abeg any alert wey go lead us into problem,abeg make we no receive am..

Next time when you get such alerts . just go to the bank and transfer it to federal government remitta account as over payment or erounous payment. The owner go just faint forget the money. On a more serious note. What is not yours is not yours. I will rather send same back to the owner and have peace of mind and fear God too.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by infogeneral: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
The smartest thing to do if someone mistakenly transfers to your account is quickly raise alarm. The owner might consider your being honest and give you some reward. Trying to run away with such money can only land you in trouble. The banks have your biometrics, thanks to the BVN.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hollah123: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
masterP042:

The thing is that one can only have one bvn, no matter the bank u wanna open the account in Nigeria. Secondly, 2m is not worth relocation, but even if it was. Can u safely, relocate with your family? Where can u safely relocate to that the Nigerian police can't trace you? Unless it's abroad.
guy u don't need to open any other account again,Na because d guy Na illiterate.
U must have a close confidant who will have more than one account or better still open an account for one of your confidant n collect one of his/her SIM so Na only u go dey receive alert.

After that is done u relocate finally n never to use any of your account again.

If u are in south West relocate to another region, Naija no get database so it's easy to do that.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by abbey621(m): 2:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
You jail someone 2 years and still expect him to pay back the money he was kjailed for? What a stupid judge! If not that Nigeria is a useless country, money was transferred by error to his account, was the victim forced or hacked? The victim admitted making the error, that should be between the victim and the bank! When was the guy notified? A day, a week or months after? A credible lawyer could argue that due notice was not given. WHY MUST WE MAKE EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT IN THIS COUNTRY FOR THE LESS PRIVILEDGE? This looks more like a civil case than a criminal one, pay back the money or go to jail, not go to jail and pay back the money. I can bet anything that if this happened to someone with connections, the judgment would have been completely different! Goes to show that even our judiciary system is poo!
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Oyinlomobambam(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

Na so I see am too oo

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by mechanics(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
How will they expect him to restitute the money when he will be in prison?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nicepoker(m): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
cpu2006:

Empty brain. Oponu, Eranko wink wink wink
I can see pains.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by alshalz(m): 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
walter11590:
I no understand this judgement ooooSend to prison with fine, not an option.Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni
Then go to a higher court for proper interpretation
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by OmoManU: 3:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nicepoker:
Calling East and west means I am from the north.
is Ilorin not part of the north?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by candygist: 3:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
I don't mind to go into jail for 2 years for an alert of 50 million. The money will still be under my custody and once I'm out. I will enjoy my cash.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by onadana: 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ritualists Murder Girl On Her Way To Church In Delta, Remove Vital Organs / Lagos Theatre In Oregun Burnt Down By Hoodlums / Man's Penis Bitten Off For Stealing In Bakassi Peninsula (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.