Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison (67327 Views)

Police Officer Detained For Shooting A Keke Napep Driver To Death In Rivers / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / Man Punches Taxi Driver To Death In Owerri (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

I no understand this judgement oooo

Send to prison with fine, not an option.
Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni

Naija is a funny country that judgment look somehow. The guy should have got a lawyer instead of pleading guilty.

The law of Nigeria gives us freedom of religion. In my religion we believe in miracles. I prayed earnestly for a financial miracle and along the line 2million was transferred into my account.
Who wants to say I am a criminal for practicing my faith and believing in what my faith says.
Did I hack someone's account? No!
Did I break into a house to steal? No!

Who says I don't have the right to sue the bank for putting the money that is not mine into my account. My account is not for any other person's money but mine.
If the guys family are well to do it would have been an interesting case. He will appeal the case and sue the bank for damages.

Pure Nonsense!

10 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nitah1: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2021
Biodun556:

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/3766772373345225/
Sending money to my account without my knowledge also is an offense and violation of my privacy.

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Lenient001: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
Eyah.

I felt sorry for you o while imagine hoW so happy he would be when he got this horrible alert (poor condition can leads to one's downfall if you fail to use your head).
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by lagdmark(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
pretydiva:
The man no get sense ni undecided. The money is traceable
Na so dem mumu reach, his brothers are shouting stupid judgment up and down.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by illicit(m): 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
This judgement is somehow....
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by IMASTEX: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2021
Sonnobax15:
cool. Baba God,abeg any alert wey go lead us into problem,abeg make we no receive am..
It isn't the alert but stealing. I have received an alert before that I wasn't expecting. It happened on Friday evening, I knew it was wrongly posted to my account by a cashier. The cash was left idle till Tuesday that it was reversed. Now imagine I quickly zero the account. They will obviously reach me on phone and I decide to ignore that is where the stealing act will begin.
Just late last year, I issued out a cheque and the cashier erroneously credited the person in excess of 180k. It took days to notice that, went after the person only to be able to recover #150k unspent.

2 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by DamnnNiggarr: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2021
SouthNigerian:

Any moniker that tries to turn this to an Igbo & Yoruba fight is a fulani online confusionist.

They are up there, they belong to the same team.
smart man,

When it's time to bash the Igbos, you'll be nowhere to be found.

But now, it's the Yorubas turn,
You don turn online unity begger.
Double standard in the highest order.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hopexter(m): 11:21am On Jan 22, 2021
Lawalemi:
Na wah o. Oversmartness don put this one for jail

How e take be over smartness? He didn't steal it or Robbed it with arms from the drunk victim who mistakenly sent money to my account. It's sad he had to pay for the victim's foolishness angry angry

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Josskute(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2021
This judge must be very foolish cos which kain judgement be this??
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Periklis: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2021
The judge is brutal
Why send a man to jail with a fine and also to restitute while in jail.

Nigger will pay his debt to society and still restitute, haba na
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Seyzcham91(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2021
Amen!
Sonnobax15:
cool. Baba God,abeg any alert wey go lead us into problem,abeg make we no receive am..
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

him no get sense, Immediately he got the alert, he would have got police report his phone and Atm with other valuable documents were missing, withdraw all the money, buy new phone, do welcome back and collect new atm, if dem arrest am, he tender police report, this will indemnify him.

If he reports to the police that he has lost his ATM card, they will advise him to contact his bank to hotlist the ATM card, and then they will log their suggestion.

Of course, you know what would happen if they hotlist his card, he would need to get a new one.

And would have to send the money back to the real owner.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by TheFacelessMan: 11:25am On Jan 22, 2021
To all those asking how the criminal would earn the money and the fine ...you think the Law cares ?

If he doesnt pay back and on time, he would have an extended stay with "free accommodation" in jail.

It serves him right. Punishments like this would help correct the terrible criminal mentality a lot of people have....

It's not shocking Africa or more specifically Nigeria is in such a sorry state when majority of commenters are in support of the criminal and probably would have tried to abscond with an erroneous bank deposit if it happened to them too.

It was his duty to report to the bank and not spend the money. I wonder what his supporters would have said if the N2million was their own hard earned money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by tunddy(m): 11:25am On Jan 22, 2021
Lolzzz
grtboy51:
Use the money buy Bitcoin,serve two year for prison,come out of prison,u dn blow
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by romenna: 11:30am On Jan 22, 2021
PenName55:

Naija is a funny country that judgment look somehow. The guy should have got a lawyer instead of pleading guilty.

The law of Nigeria gives us freedom of religion. In my religion we believe in miracles. I prayed earnestly for a financial miracle and along the line 2million was transferred into my account.
Who wants to say I am a criminal for practicing my faith and believing in what my faith says.
Did I hack someone's account? No!
Did I break into a house to steal? No!

Who says I don't have the right to sue the bank for putting the money that is not mine into my account. My account is not for any other person's money but mine.

Pure Nonsense!
Ur comment is purely based on ur ignorance of the banking business.
To enlighten u in d language I think u can understand, a bank is where u keep or store valuables that u r free to take back anytime u need that "YOUR" valuable u stored with the bank.
Now from this professional explanation of what a bank means, tell me if the valuable in question (2m) was stored by d culprit.
Talking of religion, do u know Nigeria is a secular state? Ur Islamic or Christian beliefs will not be consulted b4 a judgement is passed on ur matter in a secular state.
And again, ur ignorance of our laws is not necessary in court.
Make una dey get sense o
Now d best u can do is sue d bank for invading ur privacy and disturbing ur peace of mind, hoping d judge will find any substance in ur arguement

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Lifestone(m): 11:30am On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

him no get sense, Immediately he got the alert, he would have got police report his phone and Atm with other valuable documents were missing, withdraw all the money, buy new phone, do welcome back and collect new atm, if dem arrest am, he tender police report, this will indemnify him.
Lol. This your argument be like from Primary school pupil.
How does that make you escape justice? Best advice is dont take what does not belong to you!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Bmaster(m): 11:31am On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Criminal Instincts embarassed

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Lifestone(m): 11:34am On Jan 22, 2021
hopexter:

How e take be over smartness? He didn't steal it not Robbed it with arms from the drunk victim who mistakenly sent money to my account. It's sad he had to pay for the victim's foolishness angry angry
He did stole the money. He should have reported to his banker

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Goldbw122(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2021
You can't run from what is coming to meet u, he was not smart enough, he should have return the money and receive honour....
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by yomi007k(m): 11:35am On Jan 22, 2021
aktolly54:
but is that how they do for politician? sometimes you just need to reason some things well well for this country....

This country is messed up na...

Na small thief dey suffer pass.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 22, 2021
Biodun556:

Justice Oyinloye found Oluwasegun guilty of the offence and sentenced him to two years imprisonment with a fine of N200, 000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira).

The judge also ordered the convict to restitute his victim the sum of N2million before he finished serving his jail term.

https://www.facebook.com/509762239046271/posts/3766772373345225/

Brutal judgement.

The rain fell on the guy in torrents.

No wonder he looked drenched in that photograph.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Neddyogu(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2021
So with free 2million he no fit get lawyer to sue GTB, and d stupid fool wey make mistake for account number?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Jan 22, 2021
UncleHaba22:
U dey your house wahala carry him leg com meet you
NASA o

How??! Abi he use him hand collect wahala...

What stopped him from going to his bank to report so the money could be returned to the owner??!... He is paying for his greed.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Oyerinde16:

Yeah... because the bank will just be looking like lucozade! You don't know what you are talking about.

The only way he could have gotten away with this is if he relocated from the country.
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by hopexter(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2021
Lifestone:

He did stole the money. He should have reported to his banker

He stole the money? Why should he report to the bank? At this current situation in Nigeria and with such occupation, what do you expect? The judge is unprofessional with his sentence. He's out of job and still expect the poor man to pay she he's in prison. Does that makes sense to you?
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Angelfrost(m): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2021
Goldbw122:
You can't run from what is coming to meet u, he was not smart enough, he should have return the money and receive honour....

There is no honor among thieves... His fellow criminals are all over the thread cussing him for not being "smart" enough to avoid detection.

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Angelfrost(m): 11:44am On Jan 22, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
To all those asking how the criminal would earn the money and the fine ...you think the Law cares ?

If he doesnt pay back and on time, he would have an extended stay with "free accommodation" in jail.

It serves him right. Punishments like this would help correct the terrible criminal mentality a lot of people have....

It's not shocking Africa or more specifically Nigeria is in such a sorry state when majority of commenters are in support of the criminal and probably would have tried to abscond with an erroneous bank deposit if it happened to them too.

It was his duty to report to the bank and not spend the money. I wonder what his supporters would have said if the N2million was their own hard earned money

You can't just help but feel pity for this generation of young Nigerians... No morality whatsoever!!! This nation is in big trouble.

3 Likes

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Stanleyq: 11:44am On Jan 22, 2021
RealLordZeus:

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison ni
The 2million he took Naa

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by IamHonourable1: 11:45am On Jan 22, 2021
[quote author=RealLordZeus post=98303079]

Then the convict must restitute money while in prison, shey he wan earn money for prison

He would quickly give the 2m naira back to the owner if after the 2 year imprisonment the court still leave him in prison because he didn't pay back the money.

1 Like

Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Awoo88: 11:46am On Jan 22, 2021
This judge na fool. e bi like say the guy wen get money brother. rubbish judgement. the guy sef no get sense
Re: N2m Credit Alert Sends Ilorin Driver To Prison by Nicepoker(m): 11:49am On Jan 22, 2021
OmoManU:

lol so Ilorin is now no more north when it comes to crime
Calling East and west means I am from the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ritualists Murder Girl On Her Way To Church In Delta, Remove Vital Organs / Man's Penis Bitten Off For Stealing In Bakassi Peninsula (Graphic) / Lagos Theatre In Oregun Burnt Down By Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.