Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,590 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? (7677 Views)

Abortion Row:biden And Harris Blast US Supreme Court Move To 'deny Women's Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:21am On Jan 22, 2021
Nonexistent:
What do you mean by christain Trump and evil Biden? sad In Biden we trust, deal with it.

cheesy grin
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:23am On Jan 22, 2021
Liposure:
Kamala harris was chosen to compensate the african american women who stood by biden during the primaries coupled with the fact that kamala was a lawyer with strict anti criminal policies. So its not what you think

What do I think?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:24am On Jan 22, 2021
99thEnemy:

The Electoral College system of electing the POTUS is unfair in my opinion to be used decide.

Winner should be declared by majority and not ECV.

If my wish was so, Trump would have never become president in the first place because Clinton's popular vote was 6million+ more than Trump.

Was it not same Electoral College system that confirmed Biden as POTUS? cheesy

Na turn by turn.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:25am On Jan 22, 2021
Denique:

Hahaha @99thEnemy, should we tell her? grin

Let's take this off here so as not to derail the thread.

Don't try yourself.

I don't care if you are both sleeping on same bed or twins angry

If your follow works out, my cut is 15%.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:30am On Jan 22, 2021
cococandy:
It’s not idolization of her personal achievement.

It’s a celebration of what her being in that position represents for minorities and women.

You have it mixed up:

Her personal achievements are nice to celebrate and a nice 'look at what Kamala' achieved.

Becoming the VP is not.

Do you think Peter Obi's becoming the VP of Nigeria as the 1st Igbo VP is worth hyping more than his Governorship?

Would you have celebrated Peter Obi becoming the 1st Igbo VP if Atiku Won?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by cococandy(f): 1:14am On Jan 22, 2021
You’re the one who asked “why the idolization”.

I’m telling you it’s not idolization (as in she has personally done something unimaginable) . Rather It’s a celebration of the symbolism of it.

We are not celebrating that we have seen a black woman who finally measures up to white men.
We are celebrating that we (Americans) have gotten to a point where we have overcome some of the obstacles put in place to make sure people like us never make it to such positions despite being qualified.

That’s the reason for the noise.
bukatyne:

You have it mixed up:

Her personal achievements are nice to celebrate and a nice 'look at what Kamala' achieved.

Becoming the VP is not.

Do you think Peter Obi's becoming the VP of Nigeria as the 1st Igbo VP is worth hyping more than his Governorship?

Would you have celebrated Peter Obi becoming the 1st Igbo VP if Atiku Won?

8 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Karleb(m): 2:44am On Jan 22, 2021
Actually, it's not easy to be VP. If you think it is, try to be the VP of a local society or group.

Though their work is not as much as the president, they are always involved.

The so called idolization is probably coming from feminists. They always tend to exaggerate women achievements.

Funny thing is, many of these women in power are not feminists.

During Trump - Hillary election, Chimmamanda Adichie (half of a yellow sun lady) interviewed Hilary and asked her why she starts her Twitter bio with 'wife'. She (Chimma) was obviously disappointed, stating that elites like Obama started theirs with "ex-president". Hillary gave her a non-feminist response.

Contrary to what feminists want or parade as truth, powerful women are hardly feminists.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by LordKO(m): 3:48am On Jan 22, 2021
It all boils down to an inferiority complex, which breeds reveling, goading, gloating, and arrogance at even a little victory, even as an appendage; persecutory delusion and aggressiveness at resistance to perpetrate unfairness/evil; withdrawal at failure. No thanks to megalomania in particular and small-mindedness in general.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by pocohantas(f): 3:50am On Jan 22, 2021
Buka how can you say she didn’t work? cheesy Even Aisha fried akara for Buhari to be President. Yet you say the VP of a whole America didn’t work? You think Buhari didn’t know what he was doing when he picked Osibanjo? The VP position is very important. Some votes were targeted when she was picked as the VP and that is some work.

Karleb:

The so called idolization is probably coming from feminists. They always tend to exaggerate women achievements.

Ehen? Why them no go exaggerate am? No be them follow vote am? Na you vote? When they were exaggerating Obama’s win, did you come out to tell them he wasn’t a feminist? So why is it always a problem when women celebrate themselves? You would rather see them pull each other down, then you remind us how women hate themselves.

Abeg, drink cold water and cool your head. You really need am.

6 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by pocohantas(f): 3:50am On Jan 22, 2021
LordKO:
[s]It all boils down to an inferiority complex, which breeds reveling, goading, gloating, and arrogance at even a little victory, even as an appendage; persecutory delusion and aggressiveness at resistance to perpetrate unfairness/evil; withdrawal at failure. No thanks to megalomania in particular and small-mindedness in general.[/s]

Says the person that is always tearing boxers at the mention of Igbo/Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by LordKO(m): 3:59am On Jan 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Says the person that is always tearing boxers at the mention of Igbo/Anambra.

I only "tear boxers" at the unjust deriding, exploiting, and debasing of any just thing, regardless of whether it's Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/Anambra, etc.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by pocohantas(f): 4:06am On Jan 22, 2021
LordKO:

[s]
I only "tear boxers" at the unjust deriding and debasing of any just thing, regardless of whether it's Yoruba/Hausa/Igbo/Anambra, etc.[/s]

Let Buka throw in Igbo Presidency into her opening post and I give you less than 30secs to show your real character. Toor!

3 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by LordKO(m): 4:19am On Jan 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Let Buka throw in Igbo Presidency into her opening post and I give you less than 30secs to show your real character. Toor!

Small girl, stop hurting yourself; anyway, I've decided to pity you since I've long and successfully proved that no one person has a monopoly of pettiness in particular and toxicity in general.

Stay safe and blessed.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by LordKO(m): 5:28am On Jan 22, 2021
pocohantas:

Oga rest. You are not the person to talk of inferiority complex.

A man mightier, yet considerate, than you and everything and everyone around you and inferiority complex can't be used in the same sentence. Now stop projecting yourself on me and stop crying. You and I know that I couldn't have woken up one day and pleasurably decide to hurt you - everyone else, except you, is always the problem.

Once more, I've decided to pity you, so stop hurting yourself, queen.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by femi4: 6:03am On Jan 22, 2021
It's called celebration. Obama enjoyed same as first black president

5 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Denique(f): 6:33am On Jan 22, 2021
bukatyne:

Don't try yourself.

I don't care if you are both sleeping on same bed or twins angry

If your follow works out, my cut is 15%.
Okay. Well noted. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Saintmary(f): 7:14am On Jan 22, 2021
I smell envy.

To get picked for the position of Vice President, you must have achieved success in some key positions. Not just to hold these positions, but to be innovative, and be known for upholding suitable values and principles.

Kamala Harris has proven herself, that's why she was picked, and, being a running mate means you have to have a strong political base to canvass votes, and also be a darling to a lot of people in several demographics whose votes are needed.

Personally, I respect the efforts this woman has put in. It's undeniable.
Congratulations to her.

9 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Lordswazz(m): 7:24am On Jan 22, 2021
It's a passive position. It's almost like crediting Mike Pence for Trump's first win. Fine, there was some contribution, but it wasn't huge.

Kamala Harris was in the race for President too but dropped out like every other person in the primaries after failing to secure the numbers. If she was such a factor to winning, why she no win the presidential ticket of the Democratic party herself?

Obama even did way more to influence Joe Biden's win than Kamala Harris.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by NoToPile: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2021
Near Idol status?? Not at all I think.

You can't just pick anybody for post of a VP, he/ she must have achieved something to even be considered .

3 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Karleb(m): 9:20am On Jan 22, 2021
pocohantas:
Buka how can you say she didn’t work? cheesy Even Aisha fried akara for Buhari to be President. Yet you say the VP of a whole America didn’t work? You think Buhari didn’t know what he was doing when he picked Osibanjo? The VP position is very important. Some votes were targeted when she was picked as the VP and that is some work.

Ehen? Why them no go exaggerate am? No be them follow vote am? Na you vote? When they were exaggerating Obama’s win, did you come out to tell them he wasn’t a feminist? So why is it always a problem when women celebrate themselves? You would rather see them pull each other down, then you remind us how women hate themselves.

undecided

I want to believe you read all my posts before typing this.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Karleb(m): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2021
Lordswazz:
It's a passive position. It's almost like crediting Mike Pence for Trump's first win. Fine, there was a contribution, but it wasn't huge.

Kamala Harris was in the race for President too but dropped out like every other person in the primaries after failing to secure the numbers. If she was such a factor to winning, why she no win the presidential ticket of the Democratic party herself?

Obama even did way more to influence Joe Biden win than Kamala Harris.

Like I said the idolization is coming from the little subset of the population, the feminists.

Many of these women are used to grabbing what they have. They are same set of people that'll celebrate a woman who impregnates herself with a rich man's sperm without his consent because they know she'll win child support.

We've seen women held powerful position in the society without making a fuss about it because they know they deserve it.

Our own Patience Jonathan is someone I consider one of the the most powerful female politician in Nigeria history. Forget her bad English. She created office of the first lady. Grinded shoulders with seasoned politicians even called Aneachi her son.

Ex president of Liberia, Angel Markerel, NOI, Theresa May, Michelle Obama and lots more are powerful women who never put their sex organ first.

Why would anyone even think a Vice President is lucky kwa?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:12am On Jan 22, 2021
NoToPile:
Near Idol status?? Not at all I think.

You can't just pick anybody for post of a VP, he/ she must have achieved something to even be considered .

@bold:

I am not disputing her achievements or qualifications:

Let me ask:

If Peter Obi became the first Igbo VP in Nigeria, do you think it is worth celebrating?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by NoToPile: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2021
bukatyne:

@bold:

I am not disputing her achievements or qualifications:

Let me ask:

If Peter Obi became the first Igbo VP in Nigeria, do you think it is worth celebrating?

Yeah I am certain some people would celebrate.

4 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Jan 22, 2021
Karleb:

1. Actually, it's not easy to be VP. If you think it is, try to be the VP of a local society or group. Though their work is not as much as the president, they are always involved.

Funny thing is, many of these women in power are not feminists.

During Trump - Hillary election, Chimmamanda Adichie (half of a yellow sun lady) interviewed Hilary and asked her why she starts her Twitter bio with 'wife'. She (Chimma) was obviously disappointed, stating that elites like Obama started theirs with "ex-president". Hillary gave her a non-feminist response.

Contrary to what feminists want or parade as truth, powerful women are hardly feminists.

1. I never said it was 'easy' to VP cheesy
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by pocohantas(f): 10:18am On Jan 22, 2021
Karleb:

undecided

I want to believe you read all my posts before typing this.

Yes I did and I maintain you should drink cold water before you blow up.

3 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 22, 2021
Lordswazz:
It's a passive position. It's almost like crediting Mike Pence for Trump's first win. Fine, there was some contribution, but it wasn't huge.

Omo this table wey you set, Na only three legs e get ooo....grin
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2021
To be sincere, all the noise about Kamala is definitely from the Obama-people camp. Yeah! she has an enviable C.V but coming into the presidential elections with those is somewhat “inconsequential”...

Anyway, let them enjoy the win.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:44am On Jan 22, 2021
pocohantas:

1. Buka how can you say she didn’t work? cheesy Even Aisha fried akara for Buhari to be President. Yet you say the VP of a whole America didn’t work? You think Buhari didn’t know what he was doing when he picked Osibanjo? The VP position is very important. Some votes were targeted when she was picked as the VP and that is some work.

2. Ehen? Why them no go exaggerate am? No be them follow vote am? Na you vote? When they were exaggerating Obama’s win, did you come out to tell them he wasn’t a feminist? So why is it always a problem when women celebrate themselves? You would rather see them pull each other down, then you remind us how women hate themselves.

1. Of course, she brought in some votes; she has her fanbase.

Do you think a Trump/ Kamala ticket would have won?

2. Obama was the president wink The tread is about about the gender, it is the position. It is unfortunate Kamala is female. Perhaps if she was male with all her achievements and Obama was never the president, people would see it in a different light.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:49am On Jan 22, 2021
Lordswazz:

Finally, someone gets it

It is not about her achievements or gender or family.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:53am On Jan 22, 2021
femi4:
It's called celebration. Obama enjoyed same as first black president

Obama contested for the position and won.

Kamala was a running mate. So her 'success' was hinged on Joe Biden's win.

If Joe lost, she would not be VP.

No matter what people think of Pence, he is out of there because Trump did not win.

Prior to the VP stuff, she has achieved lots of stuff.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by pocohantas(f): 10:56am On Jan 22, 2021
bukatyne:

1. Of course, she brought in some votes; she has her fanbase.

Do you think a Trump/ Kamala ticket would have won?

2. Obama was the president wink The tread is about about the gender, it is the position. It is unfortunate Kamala is female. Perhaps if she was male with all her achievements and Obama was never the president, people would see it in a different light.

1. Maybe, maybe not. It is an unlikely combination to start with. The combination that won was the winning one and that is what matters at this point. They take the victory and the losses together.

2. The second part was for the person making it a gender thing. People will typically celebrate one of the kind in such position, especially when it is a first.

Allow them enjoy their win. You were asking about Igbo presidency? Hian! When that happens don’t open a thread like this o. Those guys in Politics section would find you. grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

This Soul Suffers Silently / Nobody Wants To Talk About Pastors Wives Being The Most Sex Starved / Seven Steps To Better Parenting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.