Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,663 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain (23798 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by masterP042(m): 11:54am On Jan 22, 2021
We want our own country because Nigeria is filled with nepotism, oppression and inequality. We were forced into this union without our consent. The innocent blood shed in this country cries against it, morning and night.. We biafrans can't be a part of it

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by GeneralPula: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
can you see how easterners are hailing this man,it shows we know what we want,but once kanu advice yoruba,all the confuse thug will emerge

Yoruba don’t need Kanu advice..

He should keep it to SE

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by phreakabit(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2021
Nice observation, but PLEASE speak for yourself and your own people, Mr Oga.
The Igbos are not going to champion a cause that will be beneficial to every ethnic group in Nigeria.
We aren't going to be your cannon fodder this time.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:59am On Jan 22, 2021
GeneralPula:

Yoruba don’t need Kanu advice..

He should keep it to SE
Impostor
Get out
Who made you speaker of Yoruba race

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by annyz: 12:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
He almost said the truth. But I doubt if restructuring will end the Biafran agitation. No, not now that millions have paid the ultimate price for it while the fundamental causes of the war are getting reinforced by the day.

And, do you guys even realize that what you call 'restructuring' had been in place in 1966 when the Nigerian Civil War reared its ugly head? So, how can it be of benefit now? For example, will it stop the herder tribe from overstepping their boundaries and killing people in their homes and farms?

If we can think clearly, we can see with Igbos that the only thing that can save this place is a breakup with each people maintaining a full territorial integrity - fully independent armed forces, resource management, political sovereignty, etc. In such a situation, when anyone oversteps the boundary, it becomes a clear issue of international politics, no longer within the manipulations of the local political class.

It's better to break an embattled marriage and stay in friendship than to keep it and stay in conflict. Mark my word: If we refuse to listen to the voice of reason to break up this contraption, OUR UNBORN GENERATIONS WILL USE US AS A CURSE WORD. Only selfish politicians who still have something personal to gain from Nigeria keep using such expressions as 'one Nigeria' and 'restructuring'.

I have so much more to say on this but let me rest my case for now.

I know you are angry on this as most of us here!
Generations are passing and yet we are still where we are due to greed and wickedness.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by GeneralPula: 12:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:

Impostor
Get out
Who made you speaker of Yoruba race

Same people you working for.. undecided
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
mamaafrik:
make una no worry,by the time Hausa-Fulanis shows Tinubu they plans,he will be at the forefront

Please stop making the mistake of lumping Hausa and Fulani together as if they are one tribe ! There is nothing like "Hausa - Fulani. They are two distinctly different tribes. You're either Hausa or Fulbe,but not " Hausa -Fulani !

We need to start separating the Wolf from the Sheep.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:02pm On Jan 22, 2021
GeneralPula:

Same people you working for.. undecided
Tell them you now have sense and can’t toll that line

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by edi287: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
If restructuring will make us stop electing clowns like TA Orji, etc then so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by romenna: 12:03pm On Jan 22, 2021
Deal with the fulani herdsmen who seek to wipe u out of existence n leave d igbos alone.
Dis is an unnecessary deviation n a cry for help dat will never come
Go ahead n reap the benefits of your actions in d past

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by DamnnNiggarr: 12:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
shocked
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Franking: 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Marriage is not by force. Oduduwa, with their unrivaled sophistication will be way too advanced by now. Igbos with their grit and commercial know how would have developed beyond where it is now if only we ended this forced marriage.

So, why don't we just go our separate ways?

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by TheSociopath(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
He almost said the truth. But I doubt if restructuring will end the Biafran agitation. No, not now that millions have paid the ultimate price for it while the fundamental causes of the war are getting reinforced by the day.

And, do you guys even realize that what you call 'restructuring' had been in place in 1966 when the Nigerian Civil War reared its ugly head? So, how can it be of benefit now? For example, will it stop the herder tribe from overstepping their boundaries and killing people in their homes and farms?

If we can think clearly, we can see with Igbos that the only thing that can save this place is a breakup with each people maintaining a full territorial integrity - fully independent armed forces, resource management, political sovereignty, etc. In such a situation, when anyone oversteps the boundary, it becomes a clear issue of international politics, no longer within the manipulations of the local political class.

It's better to break an embattled marriage and stay in friendship than to keep it and stay in conflict. Mark my word: If we refuse to listen to the voice of reason to break up this contraption, OUR UNBORN GENERATIONS WILL USE US AS A CURSE WORD. Only selfish politicians who still have something personal to gain from Nigeria keep using such expressions as 'one Nigeria' and 'restructuring'.

Restructuring is a first step into breaking up Nigeria
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by dongozzy(m): 12:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigerians don't know what this Fulani has planned for us sha, but with time you will find out especially my western brothers, I pity you guys

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by DannyG8(m): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Restructuring would have been good but now it is already late.

Not when Nigeria army have killed more than three hundred unarmed biafra youths doing peaceful protest and prayer meeting.

If they insist on restructuring,then north and west should donate three hundred plus of their youths for public execution to equate biafran youths killed.

When that is done,then we will try restructuring.
if you done have anything to say stop talking nonsense
in as much as am not in support of this one Nigeria I don't think you are making any sense

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by JrTahir(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by alasane: 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2021
masterP042:
We want our own country because Nigeria is filled with nepotism, oppression and inequality. We were forced into this union without our consent. The innocent blood shed in this country cries against it, morning and night.. We biafrans can't be a part of it
Just for personal aggrandizement and want to oppress other ethics group kowai...
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by PigTormentor: 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Rubbish trash.

These hungry Afenifebi fools started wailing the moment they lost their meal tickets in 2015. Until then, it was all good.

Visionless, selfish and myopic fools.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Radiopsych: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2021
Let me quickly drop my comment before all these LOGO people will flood this thread with their 2k hunt.

I have even forgotten what I wanted to say.

But one thing is certain Biafra must be restored it might take time but eventually the great people of Biafra will be another Dubai in Africa. Cherished by the whole world.

Delay is not denial

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Tranquillity360: 12:18pm On Jan 22, 2021
DannyG8:
if you done have anything to say stop talking nonsense
in as much as am not in support of this one Nigeria I don't think you are making any sense
How will it make sense to you when you enjoy the killing of Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Emotionss: 12:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbos want their own country because they refuse to be slaves to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Ikpunekenwa(m): 12:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Restructuring would have been good but now it is already late.

Not when Nigeria army have killed more than three hundred unarmed biafra youths doing peaceful protest and prayer meeting.

If they insist on restructuring,then north and west should donate three hundred plus of their youths for public execution to equate biafran youths killed.

When that is done,then we will try restructuring.
Am feeling goosebumps as I read through your post and am perplexed to how confident you were spewing your thoughts; how did you even conceive the idea of taking lives that you never gave as if the dead will become alive again?
Am ashamed of you being my tribesman if this is the only way you feel issues should be resolved.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by alasane: 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dedetwo:

Ayo Adebanjo should be elementarily informed restructure does not mean federalism. The restructure requires simple equity in the socio-economic arrangement. The defunct northern region has Abuja while defunct western region has Lagos. These two points are major economical connection between Nigeria and the world. What do we have in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions? The answer is absolutely nothing. The main and real restructure will aim to have point of economic connection with outside world in defunct eastern and midwestern regions constructed with commonwealth or disintegration of Nigeria or a possible war shall remain the option. Why would anybody from the defunct eastern region want a silly federalism within Nigeria when it is better to have own and separate country from Nigeria? A country in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions will instantly provide for the point of international connection within a day of independence. I am for unconditional disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I shall prefer Republic of Igboland to any country but would not mind Biafra if honestly agreed to exist.

If the Igbo will not start another ethnic agenda with the minorities neighbors...........that is that sole aim as can be be seen recently claiming of town in Benue State
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by banmee(m): 12:27pm On Jan 22, 2021
They should get their own country. As it is right now, they are third class citizens. No tribe trusts them and they don't trust anyone either. The igbos are too aggressive and diplomacy is not high on their list of priority. You can't live with other tribes when that is missing. Plus, the scandal of the civil war will be held over their heads for eternity which is why an igbo man will never become president. They need to have their own country for sure.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Tranquillity360: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

Am feeling goosebumps as I read through your post and am perplexed to how confident you were spewing your thoughts; how did you even conceive the idea of taking lives that you never gave as if the dead will become alive again?
Am ashamed of you being my tribesman if this is the only way you feel issues should be resolved.
Then you are not worthy to be called an Igbo man if you couldn't decode the massage.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kudinkarfe: 12:32pm On Jan 22, 2021
What a funny country. Anytime you heard yoruba leaders supporting the Igbos
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Onyxunlimited(f): 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
True talk, sir.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kudinkarfe: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
What a funny country. Anytime you heard yoruba leaders supporting the Igbos you don't need a prophet to tell you that they have misunderstanding with their best friend Hausas cool.......... 2023 loading.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by doxijaw: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
Best thing to happen to Nigeria, cut ties with Biafra
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kayjay69(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
Brother, I wish I could give your write up a million likes, God bless you for your insightful and honest post.
God bless you!
dumahi:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Last-minute Deal; Cede Senate Presidency To Southwest, Southeast For SGF / El-Rufai Did Not Say Tinubu Is Old, Tired And Should Retire / Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.