Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,081 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) (37277 Views)

Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / What Rochas Okorocha Told Tinubu About Igbo Marginalization / What Akeredolu, Fayemi, Amosun Told Tinubu About His 2023 Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by nairalandankrah: 7:36am On Jun 07, 2022
Leader of the Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, said he warned the All Progressives Congress (APC) national leader and frontline presidential aspirant of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, against supporting President Muhammadu Buhari.

He spoke to Daily Trust against the backdrop of the controversy generated by his comment last Thursday in Abeokuta where he said he ensured the victory of Buhari in 2015.

The president, through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, replied Tinubu, saying many people contributed to his victory.

Adebanjo recalled that he warned Tinubu a long time ago that Buhari could not be trusted when he was packaging him as the best to be the president of Nigeria.

He stated that everything he said about Buhari had come to pass even though they said he was saying rubbish then.

“Those who doubted me said the old man was just talking rubbish. I said, ‘okay let’s wait and see.’ I won’t talk more until they finally ditch themselves out. By the time they finally ditch themselves, that’s when I will comment.

“This is not the time for me to say he should leave the party, I told him that a long time ago. You should refer to what people have said and what I particularly have told him.”

https://dailytrust.com/i-warned-tinubu-about-buhari-afenifere-leader

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Danifalls: 7:39am On Jun 07, 2022
You abandoned them. You thought they were beneath you. Well, everything ending in regret for you. Just resign from politics, it over.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by God1000(m): 7:39am On Jun 07, 2022
Both Tinubu and buhari cannot be trusted

But I have a question here, is it a betrayal if buhari supports Osinbajo instead of tinubu? Since both men are yorubas

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:40am On Jun 07, 2022
Druggie has become a National Joke

cheesy grin

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Slynation(m): 7:41am On Jun 07, 2022
Finally...The book of Lamentations have been unleashed...!! grin

A wise man once told me "Tongue wey no gree stay one place, Na teeth go bite am"

150 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by puremaker7(m): 7:42am On Jun 07, 2022
nairalandankrah:
He spoke to Daily Trust against the backdrop of the controversy generated by his comment last Thursday in Abeokuta where he said he ensured the victory of Buhari in 2015.

The president, through his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, replied Tinubu, saying many people contributed to his victory.

Adebanjo recalled that he warned Tinubu a long time ago that Buhari could not be trusted when he was packaging him as the best to be the president of Nigeria.

He stated that everything he said about Buhari had come to pass even though they said he was saying rubbish then.

“Those who doubted me said the old man was just talking rubbish. I said, ‘okay let’s wait and see.’ I won’t talk more until they finally ditch themselves out. By the time they finally ditch themselves, that’s when I will comment.

“This is not the time for me to say he should leave the party, I told him that a long time ago. You should refer to what people have said and what I particularly have told him.”
but your headlines says another thing.

3 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by DOTian: 7:43am On Jun 07, 2022
Tinupoo destroyed Afenifere that was made up of real Yoruba leaders and constituted the amorphous Yoruba Council of Elders to rival them just because they told him to take it easy with his daddy Buhari. We will see who will laugh last..

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by helinues: 7:44am On Jun 07, 2022
Bunkum epistle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by slivertongue: 7:44am On Jun 07, 2022
Hope there won't be denial later but didn't read about Tinubu regretting

5 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Truthisunique2: 7:46am On Jun 07, 2022
It's too early for this tears

Jollof still dey fire

30 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Jones4190(m): 7:48am On Jun 07, 2022
politician has qoute all the verse in the bible except the one we're Zaccaria return back to the pool all that he has stolen from them

6 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Judeerons32: 7:49am On Jun 07, 2022
what kind of false headline is that. where did Asiwaju make the statement? why are some people so full of hate. they would rather prefer Buhari tenure elongation rather than see Tinubu campaign to win. the hate is mind boggling

the headline has been modified or corrected.
well pa Ayo is entitled to his opinion. but Tinubu had the right to support whom je deems fit. actually the biggest challenge Asiwaju is facing is not Buhari. the reason why he is bitter is because of the betrayal for those he mentored like Osinbajo and Fayemi.even Lawan whom he stock his neck for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by emmanuelbrown26: 7:51am On Jun 07, 2022
I vividly remember when Pa Adebanjo was hammering it on air, some of Nairaland afonja kids started insulting d old man, some even called him ipob.
Then, when some were questioning Tinubu contesting, they were called names and insulted.
Now, I know that afonjas no get sense at all. Ever since their Lord and personal Saviour started his campaign, I hv never seen his blueprint, all his cares for is my turn my turn. Afonjas follow out naija for wahala bcs they are neither here nor their

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 07, 2022
Mods, delete this hateful thread. Can you people do your job abeg? OP claims Tinubu said what he did not and supplies a link that shows he deliberately engaged in deception. Remove this thread now and ban him

148 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by chatinent: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2022
Misleading tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Ebubu: 8:04am On Jun 07, 2022
Dsalvo:
Mods, delete this hateful thread. Can you people do your job abeg? OP claims Tinubu said what he did not and supplies a link that shows he deliberately engaged in deception. Remove this thread now and ban him
oshey nairaland owner

35 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Agwotulumbe(f): 8:15am On Jun 07, 2022
las las emperor ganibu will be destroyed to the glory of Allah
Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Munamoqel: 8:22am On Jun 07, 2022
nairalandankrah:

Warner in chief .always I warn I warn

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 07, 2022
Okay. Pls am uber driver looking for a rental car in Lagos for bolt. I'll appreciate any offer or link. Thanks
Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:29am On Jun 07, 2022
Today we go know who be who.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 8:30am On Jun 07, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
I vividly remember when Pa Adebanjo was hammering it on air, some of Nairaland afonja kids started insulting d old man, some even called him ipob.
Then, when some were questioning Tinubu contesting, they were called names and insulted.
Now, I know that afonjas no get sense at all. Ever since their Lord and personal Saviour started his campaign, I hv never seen his blueprint, all his cares for is my turn my turn. Afonjas follow out naija for wahala bcs they are neither here nor their

did Ojukwu listen when they're pacifying him not to take your forefathers to his lost war

you anupama are quick to advise as if your words means anything. Ohaneze appeal to KANU not to continue causing unrest in your region, did he listen? is it not until he was caught like a village thief?

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by PrinceOfLagos: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2022
Lol grin

1 Like

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by 7lives: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2022
DOTian:
Tinupoo destroyed Afenifere that was made up of real Yoruba leaders and constituted the amorphous Yoruba Council of Elders to rival them just because they told him to take it easy with his daddy Buhari. We will see who will laugh last..

Afenifere destroyed themselves.
If you want to go down, go alone don't drag others with you.
Tinubu is the ONLY Alliance for democracy governor, that survived 2007 general election.
He escaped because he formed AC and contested on it, did Tinubu not warned AD and Afenifere against merger with PDP?.
They dined with the devil and paid the price.
Afenifere sold SW to PDP and become opposition to Tinubu in the SW.
Upon all their hatered for Tinubu, the man keeps growing bigger.
Even if they support Tinubu now, can that help his political ambition?.
They should just go and sit down and watch the events unfold.
A juwon lo ko se wi l'ejo, ija ilara ko tan boro.
A won shakabula elders.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Tecnophone: 8:36am On Jun 07, 2022
Ok
Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:46am On Jun 07, 2022
GuyWise101:
Nna mehnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

AFONJA.

AWOLOWO.

ABIOLA

AHMED ASIWAJU.

The Fulanis keep raping the yoro leaders mercilessly without condoms yet they will not listen to the wise Igbo men.
Lol, listen to failures? Of what relevance is your tribe in the scheme of things in the Nigerian state today or since the inception of democracy?

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by SarkinYarki: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2022
We all warned him

2 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by Penguin2: 8:53am On Jun 07, 2022
It was not only Pa Adebanjo that warned Tinubu…

Even northerner Emirs warned Tinubu against supporting Buhari. They told him that Buhari does not mean well even for the north. But he ignored them.

Same way sane Nigerians warned him too. But he succeeded in convincing millions of his brainless urchins to vote for him and today Nigeria is bleeding from nose, mouth and ear.

And Tinubu wants our votes. May thunder scatter his testicles.

16 Likes

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by EmeraldJD: 8:58am On Jun 07, 2022
All these people should shut up abeg. Nigeria is bigger than Tinibu and Buhari, he supported Buhari and so what? You warned him and so what? Buhari betrayed him and so what? Osibanjo betrayed him and so what? What if Nigerians want Bobrisky as president instead? Baba should shut up and let Tinibu focus on his election to night, he wins or not Nigeria will go on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2022
History don't repeat itself, but people repeat the history when we failed to learn from part mistakes.

If I see far than those around me, it's because I'm standing on the shoulder of those who have gone ahead of me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Rigged 2023 Election, Not Tinubu – Asari Dokubo Knocks Peter Obi / Fuel Scarcity: White Man In A Danfo Bus In Lagos (photos) / Eleka Rejects Ekiti Election Results, Heads To Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.