Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain (23833 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kudinkarfe: 12:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
What a funny country. Anytime you heard yoruba leaders supporting the Igbos you don't need a prophet to tell you that they have misunderstanding with their best friend Hausas cool.......... 2023 loading.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
helinues:
Toh
Sai mama
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Biafra, like sharia and oodua is just a chess piece.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by JooEeL(m): 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
beejaay:

almost always no sensible thing to say, just jumping from one thread to another spewing rubbish

He must try to defend his pay na. Abi. cheesy
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kayjay69(m): 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
This is exactly my fear. You see my average yoruba brother is simply satisfied with what little he has and looks up to these selfish politicians.
Judging from events of recent days, you can see there is barely any politician with actual testicles in South West Nigeria. All we have are a bunch of Yes-men idiots. Look at what Makinde said recently, directly opposing what Akeredolu said. Why is Fayemi silent? Why is Oyetola silent? Why is Dapo silent? Why is Sanwo-olu silent? Is it because of Tinubu's presidential ambitions? Tinubu has shown himself a masterful deceiver, him becoming president will mean absolutely nothing for the average Yoruba man. If I lie, please point out his antecedents in the past 21 years and how it has translated to betterment for Yorubas of Lagos origin.

Why can't they all come out and speak with one voice, politics be damned. If we lose our lands, we lose our identity, our sources of livelihood, our common heritage. This dangerous game we are playing with these treacherous fulanis is bound to have consequences and it will not end well for all involved, followers and leaders alike. Leaders need to start acting like leaders, it is time we all took a stand!!!
mamaafrik:
make una no worry,by the time Hausa-Fulanis shows Tinubu they plans,he will be at the forefront

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by AmbaliJ: 12:42pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dedetwo:

Ayo Adebanjo should be elementarily informed restructure does not mean federalism. The restructure requires simple equity in the socio-economic arrangement. The defunct northern region has Abuja while defunct western region has Lagos. These two points are major economical connection between Nigeria and the world. What do we have in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions? The answer is absolutely nothing. The main and real restructure will aim to have point of economic connection with outside world in defunct eastern and midwestern regions constructed with commonwealth or disintegration of Nigeria or a possible war shall remain the option. Why would anybody from the defunct eastern region want a silly federalism within Nigeria when it is better to have own and separate country from Nigeria? A country in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions will instantly provide for the point of international connection within a day of independence. I am for unconditional disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I shall prefer Republic of Igboland to any country but would not mind Biafra if honestly agreed to exist.

But you guys own Rivers-PH. With all its hydrocarbon endowments. No?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by wink2015(m): 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
I prefer a confederal structure to the 1960 Independence constitution.

Nigeria needs a weak centre and a powerful region/state.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Ayo2004: 12:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
The main reason Igbos want biafra is so they can enjoy the oil alone forgetting that Niger delta is not part of them grin
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by gidgiddy: 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
He almost said the truth. But I doubt if restructuring will end the Biafran agitation. No, not now that millions have paid the ultimate price for it while the fundamental causes of the war are getting reinforced by the day.

And, do you guys even realize that what you call 'restructuring' had been in place in 1966 when the Nigerian Civil War reared its ugly head? So, how can it be of benefit now? For example, will it stop the herder tribe from overstepping their boundaries and killing people in their homes and farms?

If we can think clearly, we can see with Igbos that the only thing that can save this place is a breakup with each people maintaining a full territorial integrity - fully independent armed forces, resource management, political sovereignty, etc. In such a situation, when anyone oversteps the boundary, it becomes a clear issue of international politics, no longer within the manipulations of the local political class.

It's better to break an embattled marriage and stay in friendship than to keep it and stay in conflict. Mark my word: If we refuse to listen to the voice of reason to break up this contraption, OUR UNBORN GENERATIONS WILL USE US AS A CURSE WORD. Only selfish politicians who still have something personal to gain from Nigeria keep using such expressions as 'one Nigeria' and 'restructuring'.

I have so much more to say on this but let me rest my case for now.

Dont let anyone deceive you, the core North will never agree that Nigeria be restructured
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by mamaafrik(m): 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Please stop making the mistake of lumping Hausa and Fulani together as if they are one tribe ! There is nothing like "Hausa - Fulani. They are two distinctly different tribes. You're either Hausa or Fulbe,but not " Hausa -Fulani !

We need to start separating the Wolf from the Sheep.
can you tell me the difference between the two,which is the wolf and the sheep From political and historic happenings.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by EdoDefence: 1:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
We don't care for Biafra or Oduduwa all I care is for you lots to mind your territories. Ẹdo is Sovereign
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Godfullsam(m): 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2021
BadRadio:
The Igbos are too dull when it comes to politics. imagine the hausa's, as mumuish as they are and the yorubas as insipid as they are— does better in politics than the so-call igbo folks

In your book, the hausas are mumuish and the yorubas are insipid right?

What about the igbos? They are smart and intelligent right? That is why you are where you are...
...always thinking/assuming that other tribes who are even far ahead of you are dull while you are the only smart one.

As long as you keep nursing this foolish mindset of yours, you can never move forward and your Biafra will remain a dream for a long time .

Keep seeing others as mumu while they rule over you!

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 22, 2021
Godfullsam:

What about the igbos? They are smart and intelligent right? That is why you are where you are...
...always thinking/assuming that other tribes who are even far ahead of you are dull while you are the only smart one.

As long as you keep nursing this foolish mindset of yours, you can never move forward and your Biafra will remain a dream for a long time .

stop allowing the child in u come out. Its embarrassing!!
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Sctests: 1:22pm On Jan 22, 2021
Godfullsam:

The person addressed Igbos in a third person perspective, which clearly means he is not Igbo. Yet your dull and inspid yoruba skull still had to insult Igbos just to score cheap point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Obrigardo: 1:25pm On Jan 22, 2021
Handle the oil and oil wells first before talking about restructuring.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by showafrica(m): 1:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
Draslo:

“To save us from this situation, we must impress upon President Buhari to change the constitution to one that everybody agrees to.”

This is the most impossible task in the universe.

I'm Yoruba and truth be told, every region in a federalism system of government has the right to ask for secession especially when the system isn't working for them. I mean look at Sudan for example, though not without bloodshed but the job got done. Look at how small countries are in Europe, it's because each country is like a tribe. Each country has the same beliefs, ideologies and occasionally religion but in Africa, they just lumped us (different tribes) together for financial gains thereby creating an avenue for endless misunderstanding and unwarranted bloodshed. The English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh all speak English but their cultures are different and they stand separately for it. If it were in Africa, Austria, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg would all be in one country. Our problems are far from over.

Just imagine the president's people that still believe in the archaic system of cattle herding that makes the cows look lean as opposed to fat, healthy cows raised in a ranch. Are they not supposed to have their own country and quit using their own to worry others?

The worst is the govt is defending the useless country with AK47, my question is till when?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by geemd434: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
BadRadio:
The Igbos are too dull when it comes to politics. imagine the hausa's, as mumuish as they are and the yorubas as insipid as they are— does better in politics than the so-call igbo folks
Mumu. The north and west lead in politics because of numbers. No nobody play politics pass anyone. The only reason the north and the west lead is because they have numbers. Nothing else.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
geemd434:

Mumu. The north and west lead in politics because of numbers. No nobody play politics pass anyone. The only reason the north and the west lead is because they have numbers. Nothing else.
odé... numbers u say... u guys reproduce babies like rats !!!
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Tecno66: 1:49pm On Jan 22, 2021
sunnybobonwa:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/1999-constitution-is-fraudulent-ayo-adebanjo/amp/
With armed bandits patrolling the forests unchallenged, it is obvious that they will prefer the country to be raised down than allow restructuring that will stop the free allocation from Abuja.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Draslo(m): 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2021
showafrica:

The worst is the govt is defending the useless country with AK47, my question is till when?
Unfortunately I cannot answer that question. Nigeria is a failed state.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Nigeriaaa1960(f): 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2021
It is the 1999 constitution that has made Northern Nigerians believe, if they don’t support anybody, he or she cannot be president.

The best part of it all
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Tecno66: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2021
gidgiddy:

Dont let anyone deceive you, the core North will never agree that Nigeria be restructured
You are 100% correct. They are scared to death about how they will fare if the free money from Abuja is stopped. Believe it or not, no restructuring without resource control.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by kudinkarfe: 2:11pm On Jan 22, 2021
grin
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by favor914: 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2021
dumahi:
He almost said the truth. But I doubt if restructuring will end the Biafran agitation. No, not now that millions have paid the ultimate price for it while the fundamental causes of the war are getting reinforced by the day.

And, do you guys even realize that what you call 'restructuring' had been in place in 1966 when the Nigerian Civil War reared its ugly head? So, how can it be of benefit now? For example, will it stop the herder tribe from overstepping their boundaries and killing people in their homes and farms?

If we can think clearly, we can see with Igbos that the only thing that can save this place is a breakup with each people maintaining a full territorial integrity - fully independent armed forces, resource management, political sovereignty, etc. In such a situation, when anyone oversteps the boundary, it becomes a clear issue of international politics, no longer within the manipulations of the local political class.

It's better to break an embattled marriage and stay in friendship than to keep it and stay in conflict. Mark my word: If we refuse to listen to the voice of reason to break up this contraption, OUR UNBORN GENERATIONS WILL USE US AS A CURSE WORD. Only selfish politicians who still have something personal to gain from Nigeria keep using such expressions as 'one Nigeria' and 'restructuring'.

I have so much more to say on this but let me rest my case for now.
Articulated Rubbish, you are better of leaving Nigeria, it will never break an inch in your lifetime, what you saw when you were born in Nigeria, is what will be there & more on your departure from earth, is this tout Adebanjo half of Awolowo, or Azikiwe’s shirt collar, stupid old man, why did he not mention the 1979 constitution turned 1999 (As Amended) that he and his colleagues drafted?. What has stopped the National Assembly in the last twenty years of so called democracy from addressing the issues of the constitution? Stupid paler is still blaming the Military?

The useless old man was a failure in his era, & a bigger Failure today, just imagine the nuisance go back to the 1963 constitution? Is he not aware that the 1963 constitution made Nigeria a republic, and recommended the creation of States like the American system, from Regions? Yakubu Gowon only brought it to fruition via Military Decree 10 of 1967, regionalism only favored the 3 main tribes Hausa, Igbos & Yorubas, & oppressed we minorities, as rightfully stated in Sir Wilkinson’s report of 1957, it is only citizens of those ethnic groups that want regionalism back. Can Eastern Nigeria survive a month without money from the Niger Delta?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by clickwtB(m): 2:44pm On Jan 22, 2021
Just incite/nudge Igbos and run when going gets tough.! :- grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by favor914: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tecno66:
You are 100% correct. They are scared to death about how they will fare if the free money from Abuja is stopped. Believe it or not, no restructuring without resource control.
How much goes to the North? Borno state, where insurgents have raided the most for years, generated more revenue than four states. Despite being among the lowest states with IGR, Borno generated ₦8.2 billion for the period. The amount is more than the revenue of Kebbi (₦7.4 billion), Gombe (₦6.8 billion), Ebonyi (₦7.4 billion), and Taraba (₦6.50) – the state with the least internally generated revenue, What is a state from Eastern Nigeria doing on the list? Tell me the country in the world were the citizens control the resources of the country over the Government?

Even if they gave your village control of the oil & gas you will not still see anything, you will then be clamoring for compound to compound ownership, which you will still not see anything.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Twenty8: 3:07pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Please stop making the mistake of lumping Hausa and Fulani together as if they are one tribe ! There is nothing like "Hausa - Fulani. They are two distinctly different tribes. You're either Hausa or Fulbe,but not " Hausa -Fulani !

We need to start separating the Wolf from the Sheep.

So which is the wolf, and which is the sheep?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
mamaafrik:
can you tell me the difference between the two,which is the wolf and the sheep From political and historic happenings.

Hausa and fulani are ethnically not related in anyway and that's a fact. How on earth would you consider people who don't speak same language as same people? Do you think there is any similarity between Hausa language and fulfulde or fulah language of the fulani ?

Culturally, these two people are not related. The only binding factor is the Islamic religion which the fulanis brought to Hausa land and used to subjugate them. One of the attributes of fulanis is their ability to assimilate culturally and they have used this to their advantage greatly. Almost all fulanis in the north speak Hausa language but 99% of Hausa people in the same north don't understand fulfulde. Some Fulanis neither understand nor speak hausa language as a matter of fact. Fulanis of Ilorin speak impeccable Yoruba language just like any Yoruba person and can be easily mistaken for Yoruba people by outsiders ! So what are we saying ? Does that create a tribe known as " Yoruba - Fulani ? If I may ask you,is Prof Agboola Gambari ,Buhari
chief of staff a Yoruba or Fulani man ? Historically,Hausa are the real owners of the geographical enclave that's referred to as the North today while Fulanis are migrants from Guinea, Senegal,Gambia,CAR,Niger, etc.

Politically,Hausas are willing tools in the hands of fulanis; painful though. Seemingly, the Hausas have accepted their fate as conquered people and as such, are always willing and ready to follow whichever direction is chosen or dictated by their fulani conquerors. It is a master - slave relationship even if you look at it politically. How many Hausas are Governors of their respective states in the north ? Fulanis have only been using Hausas huge population figures to further their (fulani) selfish hegemonic agenda in Nigeria.

The truth is that Hausas have been conquered politically,culturally,religiously and what have you by the fulanis. From the above,it shouldn't be difficult for anyone,including you,to know which is wolf and sheep between the two tribes.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by OROSUNBOLB(m): 3:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
Twenty8:

So which is the wolf, and which is the sheep?

Scroll down and read my submission carefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Ibadan Railway - An Attempt To Rewrite History / Abbas Tafida: Taraba Emir Gives Herdsmen 30-Day Ultimatum To Vacate Forests / Nwankwo Kanu Visits IGP Idris Ibrahim, Presents Jersey To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.