Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,358 members, 7,829,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain (23824 Views)

My Own Country Denied Us, – Allen Onyema / Keyamo: Whoever Ayo Adebanjo's Afenifere Endorses Usually Lose Elections / I Warned Tinubu About Buhari – Ayo Adebanjo (Afenifere Leader) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Ifesinachi22(m): 3:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
Dedetwo:

Ayo Adebanjo should be elementarily informed restructure does not mean federalism. The restructure requires simple equity in the socio-economic arrangement. The defunct northern region has Abuja while defunct western region has Lagos. These two points are major economical connection between Nigeria and the world. What do we have in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions? The answer is absolutely nothing. The main and real restructure will aim to have point of economic connection with outside world in defunct eastern and midwestern regions constructed with commonwealth or disintegration of Nigeria or a possible war shall remain the option. Why would anybody from the defunct eastern region want a silly federalism within Nigeria when it is better to have own and separate country from Nigeria? A country in the defunct eastern and midwestern regions will instantly provide for the point of international connection within a day of independence. I am for unconditional disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I shall prefer Republic of Igboland to any country but would not mind Biafra if honestly agreed to exist.

Bro if you are close to me, i would have given you one bottle. I don't even like the Biafra that would include the SS, before you know it they will say you are developing Igbo Land with their oil money. I prefer the mainland Igbo people. Asaba can be included.

A Republic that will be called Republic of Igboland.

Portugal speak Portuguese
France speak French
England speak English
Poland speak Polish
Germany speak German
Italy speak Italian
Igboland speak Igbo
Latvia, Lithuania, Romania etc in the whole of Europe, a country is made of mainly one people why should we include the Niger Delta that won't fail to rub it in your face that they are not Igbo.

Our country should be Igboland and we speak Igbo.

I will fight for this with my last drop of blood

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by IgboWarlord(m): 4:00pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nna Anyi,you are really out of touch if you think IPOB terrorists will be assuaged by restructuring..Nnamdi Kanu and his thugs wants this country to burn and implode,so his hoodlums will run riot and infect every Igbo with their venomous propaganda filled with lies and personal hallucinations of Nnamdi Cownu..But,Chineke agaghi ekwe ka ife ojo me anyi..
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Arabaincubus: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeria should be quick in whatever they are thinking. The most practical group in Nigeria has lost hope in being patriotic Nigerians - I am talking about the Igbo.

Anyone who loves Nigeria should join in this discourse and find a way to pacify the Igbo genuinely with real Justice.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Unified07: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

Bro if you are close to me, i would have given you one bottle. I don't even like the Biafra that would include the SS, before you know it they will say you are developing Igbo Land with their oil money. I prefer the mainland Igbo people. Asaba can be included.

France speak French
England speak English
Poland speak Polish
Germany speak German
Italy speak Italian
Igboland speak Igbo
Latvia, Lithuania, Romania etc in the whole of Europe, a country is made of mainly one people why should we include the Niger Delta that won't fail to rub it in your face that they are not Igbo.

you nailed it bro I have repeated your words times without number �

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by greatness77: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Restructuring would have been good but now it is already late.

Not when Nigeria army have killed more than three hundred unarmed biafra youths doing peaceful protest and prayer meeting.

If they insist on restructuring,then north and west should donate three hundred plus of their youths for public execution to equate biafran youths killed.

When that is done,then we will try restructuring.
good talk,they should bring 2,300,000 for mass execution because d labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Tecno66: 5:28pm On Jan 22, 2021
favor914:
How much goes to the North? Borno state, where insurgents have raided the most for years, generated more revenue than four states. Despite being among the lowest states with IGR, Borno generated ₦8.2 billion for the period. The amount is more than the revenue of Kebbi (₦7.4 billion), Gombe (₦6.8 billion), Ebonyi (₦7.4 billion), and Taraba (₦6.50) – the state with the least internally generated revenue, What is a state from Eastern Nigeria doing on the list? Tell me the country in the world were the citizens control the resources of the country over the Government?

Even if they gave your village control of the oil & gas you will not still see anything, you will then be clamoring for compound to compound ownership, which you will still not see anything.
So, who is working against restructuring and why?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by karkel(m): 5:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Draslo:

“To save us from this situation, we must impress upon President Buhari to change the constitution to one that everybody agrees to.”

This is the most impossible task in the universe.

I'm Yoruba and truth be told, every region in a federalism system of government has the right to ask for secession especially when the system isn't working for them. I mean look at Sudan for example, though not without bloodshed but the job got done. Look at how small countries are in Europe, it's because each country is like a tribe. Each country has the same beliefs, ideologies and occasionally religion but in Africa, they just lumped us (different tribes) together for financial gains thereby creating an avenue for endless misunderstanding and unwarranted bloodshed. The English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh all speak English but their cultures are different and they stand separately for it. If it were in Africa, Austria, France, Switzerland, Luxembourg would all be in one country. Our problems are far from over.

Just imagine the president's people that still believe in the archaic system of cattle herding that makes the cows look lean as opposed to fat, healthy cows raised in a ranch. Are they not supposed to have their own country and quit using their own to worry others?
Even their languages are different......... Scottish English, Irish English, welh English.England English. Their tongues are different.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by mamaafrik(m): 6:20pm On Jan 22, 2021
OROSUNBOLB:

Hausa and fulani are ethnically not related in anyway and that's a fact. How on earth would you consider people who don't speak same language as same people? Do you think there is any similarity between Hausa language and fulfulde or fulah language of the fulani ?

Culturally, these two people are not related. The only binding factor is the Islamic religion which the fulanis brought to Hausa land and used to subjugate them. One of the attributes of fulanis is their ability to assimilate culturally and they have used this to their advantage greatly. Almost all fulanis in the north speak Hausa language but 99% of Hausa people in the same north don't understand fulfulde. Some Fulanis neither understand nor speak hausa language as a matter of fact. Fulanis of Ilorin speak impeccable Yoruba language just like any Yoruba person and can be easily mistaken for Yoruba people by outsiders ! So what are we saying ? Does that create a tribe known as " Yoruba - Fulani ? If I may ask you,is Prof Agboola Gambari ,Buhari
chief of staff a Yoruba or Fulani man ? Historically,Hausa are the real owners of the geographical enclave that's referred to as the North today while Fulanis are migrants from Guinea, Senegal,Gambia,CAR,Niger, etc.

Politically,Hausas are willing tools in the hands of fulanis; painful though. Seemingly, the Hausas have accepted their fate as conquered people and as such, are always willing and ready to follow whichever direction is chosen or dictated by their fulani conquerors. It is a master - slave relationship even if you look at it politically. How many Hausas are Governors of their respective states in the north ? Fulanis have only been using Hausas huge population figures to further their (fulani) selfish hegemonic agenda in Nigeria.

The truth is that Hausas have been conquered politically,culturally,religiously and what have you by the fulanis. From the above,it shouldn't be difficult for anyone,including you,to know which is wolf and sheep between the two tribes.

"
Politically,Hausas are willing tools in the hands of fulanis; painful though. Seemingly, the Hausas have accepted their fate as conquered people and as such, are always willing and ready to follow whichever direction is chosen or dictated by their fulani conquerors. It is a master - slave relationship even if you look at it politically. How many Hausas are Governors of their respective states in the north ? Fulanis have only been using Hausas huge population figures to further their (fulani) selfish hegemonic agenda in Nigeria.", the written answers the Question,they have been mixed and have the same ideologies now just like Gowon,Danjuma,and kanuris were used before they realize that they are just turning stick in the hand of the Fulanis,are you saying it is the Fulanis who only are committing the killing and Nepotism??,yes,No,are they sheeps,No,so that is why my people will say " Gambari killing a. Fulanis is a family matters"
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Abdulmumin412(m): 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2021
Tranquillity360:
Restructuring would have been good but now it is already late.

Not when Nigeria army have killed more than three hundred unarmed biafra youths doing peaceful protest and prayer meeting. No

If they insist on restructuring,then north and west should donate three hundred plus of their youths for public execution to equate biafran youths killed.

When that is done,then we will try restructuring.
With this ur provocative words, no restructure no break up do ur worst.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by Sheriman(m): 7:29pm On Jan 22, 2021
Igbos are confused about their future stay in Nigeria they want Biafra they also want President at the same time
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 8:38pm On Jan 22, 2021
Pa Ayo Adebanjo

Thank you for always standing for truth

Although I will continue to reiterate it, Nigeria will never have peace with the 3 major ethnic groups lumped into one, Never!
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2021
Abdulmumin412:

With this ur provocative words, no restructure no break up do ur worst.

can we meet outside keyboard for you to witness the worst?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 8:48pm On Jan 22, 2021
IgboWarlord:
Nna Anyi,you are really out of touch if you think IPOB terrorists will be assuaged by restructuring..Nnamdi Kanu and his thugs wants this country to burn and implode,so his hoodlums will run riot and infect every Igbo with their venomous propaganda filled with lies and personal hallucinations of Nnamdi Cownu..But,Chineke agaghi ekwe ka ife ojo me anyi..

you are an irrevocable and an irredeemable osu

ofeke onye nzuzu

empty brain calling upon Chineke, why not call Chineke in your Nigerian language?

Efuluefu nama!
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2021
Ifesinachi22:

France speak French
England speak English
Poland speak Polish
Germany speak German
Italy speak Italian
Igboland speak Igbo

Good one bro,

Every sensible Igbo knows that Biafra is non negotiable. It might be delayed but never denied.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by discusant: 9:34pm On Jan 22, 2021
sunnybobonwa:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/1999-constitution-is-fraudulent-ayo-adebanjo/amp/
Every sentence Adebanjo made here is like words on marble.

Above all, his sentence that those who refuse political restructuring are the true enemies of one Nigeria, rings bell.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by discusant: 9:35pm On Jan 22, 2021
nony43:
Pa, you said it as it is, no addition

No subtraction.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by discusant: 9:39pm On Jan 22, 2021
mamaafrik:
make una no worry,by the time Hausa-Fulanis shows Tinubu their plans,he will be at the forefront,they know this and that is why they wouldn't talk now,by evening off 2022,he will start seeing the hailstones from hell

Lol. Tinubu and others in the south started the agitation for political restructuring of Nigeria.

Alamesiegha of Bayelsa was caged
Ibori of Delta was caged.

Odili of Rivers state was routed. Etc, etc.
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by malakaimoscondo: 9:46pm On Jan 22, 2021
Nigeriabiafra80:
can you see how easterners are hailing this man,it shows we know what we want,but once kanu advice yoruba,all the confuse thug will emerge
the guy does doesn't know what he is saying
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2021
favor914:
Articulated Rubbish, you are better of leaving Nigeria, it will never break an inch in your lifetime, what you saw when you were born in Nigeria, is what will be there & more on your departure from earth, is this tout Adebanjo half of Awolowo, or Azikiwe’s shirt collar, stupid old man, why did he not mention the 1979 constitution turned 1999 (As Amended) that he and his colleagues drafted?. What has stopped the National Assembly in the last twenty years of so called democracy from addressing the issues of the constitution? Stupid paler is still blaming the Military?

The useless old man was a failure in his era, & a bigger Failure today, just imagine the nuisance go back to the 1963 constitution? Is he not aware that the 1963 constitution made Nigeria a republic, and recommended the creation of States like the American system, from Regions? Yakubu Gowon only brought it to fruition via Military Decree 10 of 1967, regionalism only favored the 3 main tribes Hausa, Igbos & Yorubas, & oppressed we minorities, as rightfully stated in Sir Wilkinson’s report of 1957, it is only citizens of those ethnic groups that want regionalism back. Can Eastern Nigeria survive a month without money from the Niger Delta?

You’re yarning horseshit!

Igboland can survive on its own...either as a region or independent country! All you lazyass fools think day and night is oyel..oyel...oyel! You do realise even if we’re to judge the success or otherwise of a region/country based on oil deposits alone (which Ndigbo will never do because we’re imaginative and resourceful), that Igboland has large deposits of hydrocarbons!?

What’s your own ethnicity in that Niger Delta?
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by pointblank247(m): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2021
Nice one.
Only that I no longer see the possibility of making an igbo man drop the idea of Biafra
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by IgboWarlord(m): 8:07am On Jan 23, 2021
NSK4U:

you are an irrevocable and an irredeemable osu

ofeke onye nzuzu

empty brain calling upon Chineke, why not call Chineke in your Nigerian language?

Efuluefu nama!

If you like die today..Igbo is a part and parcel of Nigeria...Afterall Nigeria is not the only country with multi tribes and multi religion...But IPOB bastards like you and your kind will follow your terrorist fraudulent foolish leader into hell before you burn...This country shall not burn...See smelling IPOB coward dey call person Osu,i am more Igbo than you and your whole generation..But i can never be IPOB..I have already infiltrated some IPOB meetings in my area with the clear intention of monitoring and observing and handing over that information to security operatives..If only those IPOB illiterates know what i have planned for them...Dem go pursue me from their meeting,but i am Igbo,so they are blinded...
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2021
IgboWarlord:

If you like die today..Igbo is a part and parcel of Nigeria...Afterall Nigeria is not the only country with multi tribes and multi religion...But IPOB bastards like you and your kind will follow your terrorist fraudulent foolish leader into hell before you burn...This country shall not burn...See smelling IPOB coward dey call person Osu,i am more Igbo than you and your whole generation..But i can never be IPOB..I have already infiltrated some IPOB meetings in my area with the clear intention of monitoring and observing and handing over that information to security operatives..If only those IPOB illiterates know what i have planned for them...Dem go pursue me from their meeting,but i am Igbo,so they are blinded...

hahahaha

why not say that you are not part of something and stay clear off the presence of such? It's because you are osu like I rightly said and in your lame brain, you assumed that you would be given information about IPOB secret intention?

By who? who are you and what commitment have you made to IPOB to be entrusted with such privilege?

what oath have you taken to make them divulge any secret moves to you or you foolishly assumed the handlers of IPOB movement are as daft as your generation?

onye iberibe, jee juo nne gi onye turu ya ime gi maka na imaghi ebe I si.
aturu awusa!
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by IgboWarlord(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2021
NSK4U:

hahahaha

why not say that you are not part of something and stay clear off the presence of such? It's because you are osu like I rightly said and in your lame brain, you assumed that you would be given information about IPOB secret intention?

By who? who are you and what commitment have you made to IPOB to be entrusted with such privilege?

what oath have you taken to make them divulge any secret moves to you or you foolishly assumed the handlers of IPOB movement are as daft as your generation?

onye iberibe, jee juo nne gi onye turu ya ime gi maka na imaghi ebe I si.
aturu awusa!

Amam ebem si puta,so no need to ask my mum..As for the IPOB meetings,if i cant get any concrete info in a particular timeframe,i'll just point out their meeting place to the DSS..If not for anything,for the joy of seeing their coward asses arrested..They are afterall,a terrorist group...Nwoke m,you are a big waste to your generation for identifying with such a laughuable organisation...You are nothing more than an Ozu na aga ije..
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by DannyG8(m): 9:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
Tranquillity360:
How will it make sense to you when you enjoy the killing of Igbos.

I thought I was speaking to someone reasonable

you igbos always feel like you are the victim

my tribe is a minority tribe in Nigeria

I will advice you to take your fight to fulani who are enslaving you not me or my tribe that is trying to survive

it is time to fight your way out stop complaining of victimization
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by geemd434: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
BadRadio:
odé... numbers u say... u guys reproduce babies like rats !!!

Ekpa. (Fool) if we produce like rats why your population pass our own. So you see who be the big fool na. Home of Cow wards
Re: Biafra: Why Igbos Want Their Own Country – Ayo Adebanjo, Afenifere Chieftain by NSK4U(m): 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
IgboWarlord:

Amam ebem si puta,so no need to ask my mum..As for the IPOB meetings,if i cant get any concrete info in a particular timeframe,i'll just point out their meeting place to the DSS..If not for anything,for the joy of seeing their coward asses arrested..They are afterall,a terrorist group...Nwoke m,you are a big waste to your generation for identifying with such a laughuable organisation...You are nothing more than an Ozu na aga ije..

It's because I understand my history that I identified with those who share the same history with me.

How can one explain you type who failed to understand where the rain started beating him only to be expecting to know when such rain would stop?

Biafra course was the collective consensus of all Igbos right at the time of Ojukwu, and the same reason people of his time asked for Biafra is still the same reason its ideology has continued to gain ground till today and even now, people outside Igboland are asking for a similar ideology.

So continue being Osu, perhaps investing resources outside Igboland with the hope that Biafra will not come to fruition.

By the time the main breeze will blow, your life would be added to your resources because the fly that failed to heed advice is bound to join the corpse beneath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Amnesty Report Of Army Killing 17 IPOB/MASSOB Youths / Police Declare Fisayo Soyombo Wanted, Grill Bukky Shonibare (FIJ’s BoT Chairman) / FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.