Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible (1049 Views)

Does "Hell" Really Exist Or It Was Invented By Religion? / Does Hell Exist? / Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

Second death means you'd cease to exist before God and other living things at the time... Those in the 2nd death with be suffering and tormented forever and ever.

The death there means to be forgotten forever and forever.... Only those whose names aren't in the lamb's book of Life will be thrown there Sir...

So no need to fear
God explained this on Twitter?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
God explained this on Twitter?

I gave you those Bible verses Sir... We only say what's in the Bible... If you study those verses I posted earlier, you'd see it's directly from the Bible (God's word)....

2nd death means to be cast into the lake of fire which burns eternally
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

2nd death means to be cast into the lake of fire which burns eternally
That is your own opinion

So Lazarus is in the lake of fire now?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 3:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
That is your own opinion

So Lazarus is in the lake of fire now?

No no Sir... No one is in the lake of fire now...

Everyone dead is resting.... Some are resting in glory, and some are already seeing the fearful sights of what awaits them after the final resurrection at the great white throne judgement.

The most important thing is to die in Jesus when someone time is up on this Earth... Once you die in Jesus, then you are free....
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
obonujoker:

No no Sir... No one is in the lake of fire now...

Everyone dead is resting.... Some are resting in glory, and some are already seeing the fearful sights of what awaits them after the final resurrection at the great white throne judgement.

The most important thing is to die in Jesus when someone time is up on this Earth... Once you die in Jesus, then you are free....
Resting?
How do you know this?
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2021
God never created any place to torment living creatures, his plan was for creatures to live and enjoy life as long as possible. Creatures made in his image are the most privileged, if they brings him praise they will be allowed to live forever.
But if not they'll have to return to non-existence! Genesis 1:26-28; 2:17; 3:19
Hell simply means Grave that's why all people go there whether good or evil Job, Jesus and many other servants of God reportedly went to hell.
Gehenna or Lake of Fire is a symbol of complete annihilation where those who died would never be remembered.
Those dead and eating by wild animals will rise, those drowned in the sea or eating by the fish will rise and of course those buried and rotten in hell (grave) will also rise. After the final judgement some who qualified will be permitted to live forever while those who aren't qualified will return to non-existence never to be remembered again! Revelations 20;11-15

Tormenting living creatures never came to God's heart {Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5} Gehenna or Lake of Fire is just a symbol of everlasting destruction!

Thanks for the opportunity given Sir, God bless you! smiley

aribisala0:
Why not
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
God never created any place to torment living creatures, his plan was for creatures to live and enjoy life as long as possible. Creatures made in his image are the most privileged, if they brings him praise they will be allowed to live forever.
But if not they'll have to return to non-existence! Genesis 1:26-28; 2:17; 3:19
Hell simply means Grave that's why all people go there whether good or evil Job, Jesus and many other servants of God reportedly went to hell.
Gehenna or Lake of Fire is a symbol of complete annihilation where those who died would never be remembered.
Those dead and eating by wild animals will rise, those drowned in the sea or eating by the fish will rise and of course those buried and rotten in hell (grave) will also rise. After the final judgement some who qualified will be permitted to live forever while those who aren't qualified will return to non-existence never to be remembered again! Revelations 20;11-15

Tormenting living creatures never came to God's heart {Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5} Gehenna or Lake of Fire is just a symbol of everlasting destruction!

Thanks for the opportunity given Sir, God bless you! smiley

Very Interesting

Is this God you are talking about the Jewish Jehovah or the God of Black Africans like me
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
That is a totally different topic all together, that will take us more than just few posts to resolve.

The Hellfire, Lake of Fire or Gehenna you talked about was written in the Bible (a history book by Jews) not Africans nah!

So if you want Africans version of God's decision on evildoers you have to go and ask African religionists not the Bible or Bible believers! smiley

aribisala0:
Very Interesting

Is this God you are talking about the Jewish Jehovah or the God of Black Africans like me
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by aribisala0(m): 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That is a totally different topic all together, that will take us more than just few posts to resolve.

The Hellfire, Lake of Fire or Gehenna you talked about was written in the Bible (a history book by Jews) not Africans nah!

So if you want Africans version of God's decision on evildoers you have to go and ask African religionists not the Bible or Bible believers! smiley

Thanks for clarifying because I understand the Bible talks about Jehovah not the God that my ancestors know and I think you said you are a Jehovah witness.
So that Lake of Fire is not for Yoruba people

2 Likes

Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Jan 24, 2021
All the peoples will walk each nation in the name of their God. Micah 4:5
So it's upon the God you choose that you will rest your hope, if you have confidence in the God of your ancestors then put your hope in him, it's a free world! smiley

aribisala0:

Thanks for clarifying because I understand the Bible talks about Jehovah not the God that my ancestors know and I think you said you are a Jehovah witness.
So that Lake of Fire is not for Yoruba people
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by obonujoker(m): 5:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
aribisala0:
Resting?
How do you know this?

1 Corinthians 15:6
After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:17-20
And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-16
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Revelation 14:13
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

As you can see bro, the dead in Christ are asleep resting in bosom of the Lord Jesus waiting to be resurrected to the marriage supper of the lamb.
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by sonmvayina(m): 5:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
The torah says "in thebeginning God created heaven and earth....
And it went on to say God compmeted his creation after 6 days and rested on the seventh. There is no record that he continued creation on the 8th day or 9th day
...so which of those days was hell created.

From there till Malachi, there is no mention of God creating anything again as he gave humans that power.

So instead of us to find ways to make life easy and swèet for ouraelves we are busy frightening people with the idea of hell.. Nah ogun go punish those yeye Romans wey create jesus and put all those mumu talk for him mouth..come dey pass am as truth.
Re: Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible by psychalade: 5:58pm On Jan 24, 2021
grin

sonmvayina:
The torah says "in thebeginning God created heaven and earth....
And it went on to say God compmeted his creation after 6 days and rested on the seventh. There is no record that he continued creation on the 8th day or 9th day
...so which of those days was hell created.

From there till Malachi, there is no mention of God creating anything again as he gave humans that power.

So instead of us to find ways to make life easy and swèet for ouraelves we are busy frightening people with the idea of hell.. Nah ogun go punish those yeye Romans wey create jesus and put all those mumu talk for him mouth..come dey pass am as truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cele Church Are Completely Anti Christ - David Ibiyeomie Blows Hot Again / All Sin Will Definately Be Purshined For Either Commited as A Believer Or Not: / Mr. Deity And The Evil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.