Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,567 members, 7,820,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist (1020 Views)

If hell fire is real, can you answer these questions? / Does Hell Fire Exist In The Bible / If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2021
whenever i attend church and the pastor talks about hell, i find it hard to believe

*Why i am no longer sure if hell exist*

*The bible describes God as a loving father,*
Psalm 30;5 says�
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;

How can a sinner who didn't even live up to 100 years on earth be burning everyday in hell yet God who is love and merciful will not pity them? Well i dont think God is heartless.

I wanna ask a question, you as a human being who is not perfect, can you throw your child inside fire no matter what the did wrong Of course you will say no

So how do u expect God to do that??

This same God who advised us to forgive people who offend us 77 x 7 everyday

The wages of sin is death, sinners will be distroyed and wont resurrect with the Good people

The people who preach hell should bring more prove becos i am not convinced yet,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Davash222(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2021
When you're poor and broke, you're in Hell.

When Kudi dey, you're in Heaven.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by chatinent: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2021
The Bible clearly didn't say the wages of sin is hellfire. It said the wages sin pays is death!

Hellfire is a false teaching to scare people!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Davash222(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2021
chatinent:
The Bible clearly didn't say the wages of sin is hellfire. It said the wages sin pays is death!

Hellfire is a false teaching to scare people!
Means all dead people are sinners.

But, when I say we are all thieves (sinners) in the eyes of God, you guys almost crucified me.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by chukwuibuipob: 11:45am On Oct 03, 2021
sad HELL is REAL, HEAVEN is REAL
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by chukwuibuipob: 11:46am On Oct 03, 2021
sad Rev Righteousness2 sad,coma see oo shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2021
Davash222:

Means all dead people are sinners.

But, when I say we are all thieves (sinners) in the eyes of God, you guys almost crucified me.

God will resurrect the Good people and the bad people who didnt die will be destroyed once and for all
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 11:48am On Oct 03, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
sad HELL is REAL, HEAVEN is REAL

thats what we are being taught but we forget to look deeper, the teachings of hell doesnt describe God as a loving father according to what the bible teaches

1 Like

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Davash222(m): 11:49am On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

God will resurrect the Good people and the bad people who didnt die will be destroyed once and for all
Oh, no. I'm scared now. cheesy

Yen yen yen yen yen

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by chukwuibuipob: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2021
sad If Ur name nor dey inside BOOK of LIFE sad embarassed undecided, thou shall be CAST into LAKE of FIRE. sad embarassed sad. Beta DNT confuse already confuses pipu that HELL isn't REAL . sad
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by chukwuibuipob: 11:57am On Oct 03, 2021
cool wink God is still a MERCIFUL GOD.The Bible isn't a story book but the of GOD.Wen snake was bitten some pipu,some look @the cross(JESUS) and got SAVED.If u aren't SAVE,u aren't SAFE. sad. Father Righteousness2,I lie cheesy grin?
ettaetta:

thats what we are being taught but we forget to look deeper, the teachings of hell doesnt describe God as a loving father according to what the bible teaches
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Righteousness2(m): 11:58am On Oct 03, 2021
whenever i attend church and the pastor talks about hell, i find it hard to believe

Bro Whether you Believe or Not, There is Hell Fire and People are there and People are Entertaining now as we speak.

The bible describes God as a loving father,
Psalm 30;5 says�
but his favor lasts a lifetime

You are Absolutely right! GOD is a Loving, Merciful and Kind Father.
That is why He took all the pains and torture for your sins. It is now up to you to accept or Reject what HE has done. Any choice you make has its Rewards and Punishment.
The Same Bible Also tells you HE is also a Consuming Fire

I wanna ask a question, you as a human being who is not perfect, can you throw your child inside fire no matter what the did wrong

GOD Does not throw HIS Children to Hell. He takes them to Heaven, But Satan will take his to Hell. So it depends on whose Child you are.

The Word of GOD( The Holy Bible) Is the Manual of life GOD gave to all Humanity. In it you will see what you Should do to make Eternal life in Heaven.
In the Same book , you will see what will take you to Hell Fire.

You Have the Way to Life and Death. GOD will never Force you . HE gives you the Free will to make your Choice. Each Choice has its Consequences.

You Choose the way of Life which is JESUS Christ. You make Heaven.
You Choose the other way, you make Hell.
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by bmdmix11: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

Psalm 30;5 says�

How can a sinner who didn't even live up to 100 years on earth be burning everyday in hell yet God who is love and merciful will not pity them? Well i dont think God is heartless.

I wanna ask a question, you as a human being who is not perfect, can you throw your child inside fire no matter what the did wrong Of course you will say no

The wages of sin is death, sinners will be distroyed and wont resurrect with the Good people

The people who preach hell should bring more prove becos i am not convinced yet,
start making money and all this things will hardly come ur mind
poverty n d spirit world goes hand in hand
riches nnd physical world goes hand in hand
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by yimnansunny: 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2021
Righteousness2:
Whether or not you Believe Hell Exist does not change the Fact that Hell Exist.

what made you convinced?? i will like to learn, is it only what pastor told you or what Bible teaches

lets be realistic does the teaching of burning in hell forever potray God as a loving father whose anger last for a while
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

Psalm 30;5 says�

True! But the same Psalms still told you,
"The Lord is Angry with the wicked everyday" Psalm 7:11

He hath no pleasure in pleasure in wickedness and Neither shall evil dwell with Him! Psalm 5:4.

And He shall give Judgement to the Righteous for He is The Lord of Just is Psalm 11: 4-7
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

You have been misled.

God loves and He has also said He Hates too, the way He also made us to look like Him.

So as we have all seen Love turns to hatred when the-loved becomes an enemy unto us.

And when an enemy, therefore you are qualified for destruction.
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by vinceyinnovation: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2021
I know you have been longing to comfortably live in sin...

Without fearing for a danger of eternal destruction in hell

So you found a preacher/teacher or teaching that finally suits you...

You may even be a jehovah witness setting up this thread for arguments...

Well...
Argue with these scriptures

Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
yimnansunny:

what made you convinced?? i will like to learn, is it only what pastor told you or what Bible teaches

lets be realistic does the teaching of burning in hell forever potray God as a loving father whose anger last for a while

A Loving Father goes with a loving child.

A child who makes hates his Father has Removed "Love" from the equation and rather introduced Hatred.

So that child shall surely get the treatment deserving of hatred.
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You have been misled.

God loves and He has also said He Hates too, the way He also made us to look like Him.

So as we have all seen Love turns to hatred when the-loved becomes an enemy unto us.

And when an enemy, therefore you are qualified for destruction.

of course i know God loves and also hates, but Bible SAys his love is bigger, and his anger is for a while.
seeing people burn in hell everyday without pitying them doesnt prove his anger is for a while but shows he will be angry with them forever, thats the confusion here
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Kestolove(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2021
if hellfire dey exist, if we reach dia we go quench am..
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

A Loving Father goes with a loving child.

A child who makes hates his Father has Removed "Love" from the equation and rather introduced Hatred.

So that child shall surely get the treatment deserving of hatred.

for humans i agree, its normal for humans but Bible never said God's anger will last forever, the teachings of hell says that no matter how this people cry and beg God he will not pity them, meaning he will forever be angry with them
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

of course i know God loves and also hates, but Bible SAys his love is bigger, and his anger is for a while.
seeing people burn in hell everyday without pitying them doesnt prove his anger is for a while but shows he will be angry with them forever, thats the confusion here

This is where you should have been taught "there is a Time for everything...A Time to Love and a Time to Hate, A Time to live and a Time to die"

And this is where you learn that After Trial and Conviction (Judgement), the only thing remaining is Judgement Enforcement.

Nothing can be done after you get a Death Sentence.

And neither can you recover anything you put it in the fire!
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

for humans i agree, its normal for humans but Bible never said God's anger will last forever, the teachings of hell says that no matter how this people cry and beg God he will not pity them, meaning he will forever be angry with them

Why would His Anger last forever after He has permanently dealt with the thing causing His Anger and permanently eradicated them?
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Why would His Anger last forever after He has permanently dealt with the thing causing His Anger and permanently eradicated them?

i go with the teachings that says he will permenently destroy them, putting someone inside hell fire as being preached is not permanent erradication but constant torture
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

i go with the teaches that says he will permenently destroy them, putting soneone inside fire is not permanent erradication but constant torture

Wow, you are looking for how to cope with that Fire!

Ok, I understand, then this part does not concern God and can not concern Him for whatever you get there is As A Consequence of you Qualifying for it exactly like going into the sea and drowning.

No one on land will care how long it takes for you to drown or how long you are able to live in it.
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by ettaetta(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Wow, you are looking for how to cope with that Fire!

Ok, I understand, then this part does not concern God and can not concern Him for whatever you get there is As A Consequence of you Qualifying for it exactly like going into the sea and drowning.

No one on land will care how long it takes for you to drown or how long you are able to live in it.

thats peoples opinion except you back it up with biblical proofs
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by haddeylium(m): 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

Psalm 30;5 says�

The Bible does not teach that when people die they continue to live on in a spirit form. There is “Hell “ but no “hellfire.”
The word “Hell “ is translated into Latin, from the Greek word “Hades” which comes from the word “Sheol” in Hebrew. Hell, Hades and Sheol mean the grave. But as a place of fiery torment is a false teaching from places like ancient Babylon and Egypt.

The proof for this statement is simply found in the account of Adam and Eve. They both knew that they had one law to obey, not to eat from one tree on the entire earth. Eve stated he punishment for disobedience was death. “God said you will positively die.” Think about this for a moment. Adam and Eve were created and put on earth, to live forever , death is a punishment. Not a cycle of life.

The first lie ever recorded was by Satan who said, “you positively will not die.”

Death is the absence of life, not a continuation. Read Ecc. 9:5.

So if all people are just dead what hope do they have to live again? What does the Bible teach about everlasting life? Hmmmm….. that’s another question the Bible can answer.
You might want to visit JW.ORG for more info
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 4:29pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

thats peoples opinion except you back it up with biblical proofs

You children are funny today! Your question already invites people's opinion and your question still based 9n your is already outside what the Bible the Bible says for you asked "why would God put you people in the fire and forget you people there?" Aka "Why would His Anger last forever" and this is not contained in the Bible.

But now I have answered you, you are now saying it's personal opinion and it is not supported by biblical proof.

The one that is in the Bible you already did not accept it, now I have given the one outside Bible and now you are complaining and running to the Bible you did not accept. Men you children eh!

O Lord please let this match end now!
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2021
Paul said when people die they have paid for all their sins, so God has nothing else to do with a sinner after death! smiley
Romans 6:7
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Fvckyouall: 5:02pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

Psalm 30;5 says�

God mentioned punishment, but he didn't say how he was going to judge sinners. Obviously Hitler and Good luck Jonathan won't get the same punishment
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by Dtruthspeaker: 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2021
Fvckyouall:

God mentioned punishment, but he didn't say how he was going to judge sinners. Obviously Hitler and Good luck Jonathan won't get the same punishment

As Lawyers say "they shall be judged on the merits of the individual cases"!
Re: Why I Am No Longer Sure If Hell Fire Exist by xproducer: 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2021
ettaetta:

Psalm 30;5 says�

----

First and foremost, once GOD has declared it... so shall it be!

GOD mercifully warns us of the Lake of Fire, but also declares that there is a way of escape through Him - in the Person the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

GOD is merciful and just - "keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, by no means clearing the guilty..." - Exodus 34:7

GOD says, "Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?” says the Lord God, “and not that he should turn from his ways and live?" - Ezekiel 18:23

"For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord God. “Therefore turn and live!” - Ezekiel 18:32

It appears evident from the Holy Bible - GOD knows all things - that:

1. The "Lake of Fire" is a place of notable suffering: "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" - Matthew 13:41-43 (Also Matthew 13:50, Matthew 22:13, Matthew 24:51, Matthew 25:30, Luke 13:28)

2. The Lake of Fire is a place of final utter destruction:

"The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God." - Psalm 9:17
"Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." - Revelation 20:14

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christ Jesus Wants You To Avoid Adultery / Who Knows The Greatest And Highest Commandment? / A Nairalander Found This On Her Doorstep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.