Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,493 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:35 AM

Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? (2961 Views)

Need Honeymoon Destination / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Need Honeymoon Destination!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 9:52am On Apr 04, 2011
I'm getting married much later this year.

Does anyone know any fabulous local destinations for a honeymoon??
I do not want to go to Ghana or Kenya or South Africa.
Perhaps, I could go to some other african country, but preferably somewhere in Nigeria.

I've heard the Yankari game reserve is super. Almost the same for the Obudu Cattle Ranch.
But there is no info online regarding Yankari.

Your ideas and responses are most welcome. Thanks!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2011
Haiti
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2011
Rare display of brilliance grin
Little wonder you've racked up >3k posts, this must be one of the more brilliant ones- I imagine.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 10:17am On Apr 04, 2011
Lol.

Why laffin, man? Is Haiti not a good idea/place to be?. . .

Ok then, what about Japan (fukushima province), what you think ?
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by SAGoddess: 10:20am On Apr 04, 2011
Laajman:

Rare display of brilliance grin
Little wonder you've racked up >3k posts, this must be one of the more brilliant ones- I imagine.

grin grin grin grin

Great choice of words cheesy
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by alagha: 10:21am On Apr 04, 2011
@ op, she is a lucky woman sha!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Creamish(f): 10:51am On Apr 04, 2011
hmm . . . .within naija, . .not sure . . .but i guess honeymoon in Seychelles or any of the Carribean Islands wont b bad . . . no tsunami there . . wink
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by r231(m): 11:59am On Apr 04, 2011
Obudu Cattle Ranch

very nice place but kinda expensive grin cheesy grin

http://obuducattleranch.info/

1 Like

Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 12:16pm On Apr 04, 2011
OP, I just finished doing a re-search now, I think afghanistan or pakistan will be a better place to be!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Bukizo(f): 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2011
not many options available to u if ur planning on staying local. If neither of u have been to obudu then i think u shld go for it, expensive but nice.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by breathless(m): 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ poster, Try Micom golf resort in Osun state.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 04, 2011
Take your lady on a Caribbean cruise. There is nothing better
or you could also consider Hawaii or Paris.  smiley
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by breathless(m): 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2011
@ poster, Try Micom golf resort in Osun state.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Take your lady on a Caribbean cruise. There is nothing better
or you could also consider Hawaii or Paris.  smiley

The poster said somewhere withing his country!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by alagha: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2011
i guess port harcourt club can host you.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 05, 2011
Laajman specifically requested local destinations. Yet, here are people turning this into a joke, either because they can't read, or comprehend what they've read. Would you travel to Haiti, Afghanistan or Pakistan, even if just for a regular vacation?
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 9:34am On Apr 05, 2011
Shun that up, man, even the poster knew I was joking!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2011
@Sienna/r231/bukizo- thanks a bunch. I simply have no idea why people just want to post without adding any value.
@breathless- I've heard about Miccom, but my impression is that it is structured as a business resort, with golf being the focus.

Seems like Obudu, Miccom and Yankari are the only resorts in Nigeria- the most popular anyway.

Interestingly, this is a gold mine in terms of business opportunities. Its impossible to think that with our geographical size, and resources, there is little to offer in terms of fun vacations. I "holidayed" in a Carribean country last Dec, and that country's economy was simply built around the tourism business. The only edge the have over Nigeria and other african countries is their proximity to North America- a couple of hours by flight and a couple of hundred dollars in air fares.

Considering that there is a sizeable number of folks in the diaspora who visit home regularly, as well as a much larger fraction of the local population who can afford to visit Dubai/Accra and the likes, there is tremendous potential for fun destinations in Nigeria. Imagine how many couples (newly married and otherwise), could easily pay N50-100k to hop on a plane to a local destination for a week (air ticket, acc'dtn, and feeding inclusive)!!!

With all the billions sunk into Tinapa, is there a reason why Gov Imoke should take that to be his #1 priority? Seeing to it that it fulfills its potential? Imagine the ripple effect on struggling domestic airlines, commerce and job creation
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 3:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
Appologies, man, no pun intended.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by K2: 3:45pm On Apr 05, 2011
This is just unacceptable. I have always looked forward to going to Obudu Cattle Ranch but seeing this:

ELECTRICITY
The Hotel operates on Generator Power, which operates twice daily at the following times: Morning:06:00 - 10:00 Evening:18:00 - 12:30
Extra Generator power on Request N17,500 per hour

with the amount of money they charge per night for rooms, this is just ridiculous!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Ranoscky(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2011
Can you imagine?
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by coolgb(m): 10:00am On Apr 07, 2011
A trip to idanre hill wil giv you an experience to liv wit for ever
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2011
@coolgb: do you have any details re Idanre hills? Hotels, Tour guides, Holiday Package Organisers? Thanks.
I did a google search and couldn't find any tangible leads,
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by gunuvi(m): 7:50am On Apr 08, 2011
My brother, you dont need to travel outside naija to enjoy your honeymoon. Lets take you to Badagry for a memorable honeymoon that also includes 2 nights in cotonou all at a very affordable price. There are very nice hotels, including whispering palms, green arcade hotesl, VIP Challets etc and nice beaches not to forget Nice sea sides restaurants.
We will also take you on tour of the following historical monuments and sites;

Slave Market
First storey building in Nigeria. (where Bishop Ajayi Crowther translated The English bible to Yoruba)
Black Heritage Museum,
Slave Cells (Barracoon)
Early Missionaries Cementary
Mobee Family Slave Relics
1st primary school in Nigeria
First church in Nigeria
Agia Tree were Christianity was first preached
and the Point of no Return.

Contact us for a very comprehensive brochure and cost implications at
Swazi tours, Nigeria
swazitoursnigeria@gmail.com or call 07026015480, 08181501477 i can assure you that you will get a maximum satisfaction at a good rate
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thanks a bunch, folks.

My wedding cometh, more ideas would be appreciated.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by REEREE: 11:23pm On Apr 13, 2011
Send an emailed request to chronustravels@gmail.com
That's what they do, arrange holiday getaways.
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by savanto: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2011
I WILL SUGGEST SEYCHELLES. IT'S IN AFRICA BUT A LOT OF FOLKS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A WONDERFUL PLACE. ON ARRIVAL TO SEYCHELLES YOUR FIRST THOUGHT WOULD BE THAT THIS IS THE ORIGINAL GARDEN OF EDEN.

Irrespective of the nationality of the visitor and his or her family members, there are NO VISA requirements to enter Seychelles. However, the following documents must be shown in order to obtain immigration clearance at the Seychelles International Airport:

1) A passport valid on the date of entry to and exit from Seychelles
2) Return or onward ticket
3) Proof of accommodation; including contact details
4) Sufficient funds for the duration of the stay

Holders of a "Kinderausweis" issued to German minors (up to and including 15 years of age) may enter Seychelles provided that this travel document contains a photo of the minor concerned.

Presentation of all of the above documents will grant you a Visitor’s Permit that will be issued upon arrival by the Seychelles Department of Immigration.

The Visitor’s Permit is initially valid for the period of visit of up to one month. It can be extended for a period of up to three months from the date of issue and capable of further extensions for successive periods not exceeding three months at a time to a maximum period of twelve months, provided that the person still meets the criteria of a bona fide visitor.

The visitor's permit is issued free of charge for the first three months after which there is a fee of SCR1,000 for extension covering each period of three months or any part thereof.

For all visa exemptions and extensions and other enquiries regarding immigration issues please contact:

Department of Immigration
Independence House
PO Box 430, Victoria
Mahé, Seychelles
Tel: +248 29 36 36
Fax: +248 22 50 35
Email: info@immigration.gov.sc
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by kandiikane(m): 11:33pm On Apr 28, 2011
South Africa
Egypt
Morocco
Dubai
Kenya
Barbados
Trinidad
Seychelles
Island of Benguerra off Mozambique
Tongabezi in Zambia
Hawaii
Mauritius
Bazaruto Archipelago-Mozambique
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by savanto: 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2011
You are right kandiikane. Those places are very OK for honeymoon in Africa.

Goodluck!
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by Laajman(m): 4:02am On May 01, 2011
@Savanto: any idea how much it costs to fly into, and lodge, Seychelles?
Do you know what airlines fly there? Can't seem to find any,
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by sexylogan(m): 8:47am On May 01, 2011
Re: Honeymoon Destination, Anyone? by sexylogan(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2011
op,
On a more serious note, Seychelles is beautiful. A family friend was there some yrs bak and the pictures of that place were simply breath-taking. And i think Fly Emirates have flight schedules there so check their website. Best of luck and happy honeymoon in advance. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Swaziland / How Is Life In Argentina, Peru And Ecuador. / Come And See What Northerners Are Doing In Other Countries Oo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.