Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent (37357 Views)

Monkeys Snatch Coronavirus Blood Samples Of Patients In India / Doctors Charles Ikeji & Terhemba Lan Suspended Over Deaths Of Patients. PHOTOS / Oluchi Okoro Dies At COOU Teaching Hospital Amaku In Hands Of Student Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by BRATISLAVA: 7:05pm On Jan 27, 2021
ElijahIme1992:
Loooool I jst get wan funny thought for mind nw... Imagine say u carry ur wife go see gynaecologist so as the doctor dey check him come call him trainee make dem come see something or test for the puna side omo me I no go gree o....
Funny as it sounds, it actually happens. They don't treat patients with enough respect. But this is Nigeria, where asking for your rights will get you thrown out of the hospital because they will say "you're not serious".

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by iamclime(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

True...

However, nothing wrong in seeking the patient's permission or getting him on board. It isn't written anywhere that individuals forfeit their personal constitutional rights to privacy all because they are admitted to a teaching hospital.

There are always better and more humane ways to do things... Courtesy is not that big a deal.

My opinion anyway.
Your opinion is valid, germane, and lucid.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 27, 2021
He should go and sit down. Once you book into a teaching hospital, consent is automatically assumed. Anyone who does not want to be used as a teaching aid should book into a private hospital. TEACHING hospital is what it's called, people.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by JasperVII(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
Normal in teaching hospitals. They have zero regards for privacy. I had a bed ridden friend who had a female student nurse shave his balls. So embarassing.
Wonderful

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by DarkJeddi(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2021
Riele:
Stupid patients. Imagine allowing a bunch of underaged students to finger my anus.

The Doctor that'll try this bullshit with me doesn't exist!.

Na who dey alive dey worry about him anus.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:11pm On Jan 27, 2021
HitlerGaddafi:
Normal in teaching hospitals. They have zero regards for privacy. I had a bed ridden friend who had a female student nurse shave his balls. So embarassing.
what's embarrassing about it? Did she suck it? Why didnt u take the patient to a private hospital?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:12pm On Jan 27, 2021
Brendaniel:
country where they do not value human rights, at least consent is needed...
from who exactly? The teaching in teaching hospital means what? Teaching arabic?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 27, 2021
This is nigeria, everything is always upside down. This actually isn't funny when you experience it.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:14pm On Jan 27, 2021
inoki247:
Make them dey form over sabi av watched different India Movies that when the Dr wants to do surgeries they call in Drs that came for training and they all observe things together if you doubt me I will give you title of one....
watch Grey's Anatomy, American medical series, they do same
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:15pm On Jan 27, 2021
toprealman:

A teaching hospital should also have a documented standard operating procedure which should be properly communicated to all interested parties.
and u think they dont have? Or u want them to publish it on twitter?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by mynd4409: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user, Eketi, has called out doctors in teaching hospitals for exposing their patients to student doctors without their consent.

@eketiette wrote

https://twitter.com/eketiette/status/1354059260473257987?s=19

Another Twitter user, Prophet_Emekka, reacted and shared his own experience:

https://twitter.com/Prophet_Emekka/status/1354122500624560129?s=19
Lol what a foolish man grin

What's the difference between student doctor and doctor

After all, na students dey finally turn doctors with no extra trainings
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Brendaniel: 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2021
thatigboman:
from who exactly? The teaching in teaching hospital means what? Teaching arabic?

from the patient of course, so your take your pregnant wife to a teaching hospital and all the students are pressing her breast and fingering her pussy without her consent, how would you feel?

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2021
Angelfrost:

True...

However, nothing wrong in seeking the patient's permission or getting him on board. It isn't written anywhere that individuals forfeit their personal constitutional rights to privacy all because they are admitted to a teaching hospital.

There are always better and more humane ways to do things... Courtesy is not that big a deal.

My opinion anyway.
they should also seek the patient's consent for the doctor that will come and checkup on them.
Guy forget that thing. When u are sick, u wount think of any of that. No doctor has anything interest in the physical body of the person they are treating. Just, all in a day's job
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by ElijahIme1992(m): 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Funny as it sounds, it actually happens. They don't treat patients with enough respect. But this is Nigeria, where asking for your rights will get you thrown out of the hospital because they will say "you're not serious".
but if the trainee doctors don't have real life specimen, how can dey get the necessary experience?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by BadBradley: 7:21pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:
Everything una go dey claim right both the one make no reach to dey drag

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..
If you want ur privacy, go to a private hospital
shut your illiterate mouth up! Typical first-to-comment dumb statement.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nikeruka(m): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
Riele:
Stupid patients. Imagine allowing a bunch of underaged students to finger my anus.

The Doctor that'll try this bullshit with me doesn't exist!.

My dear, you haven't gotten the ailment. So pray never to get please
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Juoflife1(f): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
A student doctor saved my life when I went to deliver at BMH Port-harcourt. They use me learn work first sha lol.... and it's ok.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:22pm On Jan 27, 2021
The professional doctors are moving out of the country

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by thatigboman: 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2021
Brendaniel:

from the patient of course, so your take your pregnant wife to a teaching hospital and all the students are pressing her breast and fingering her pussy without her consent, how would you feel?
guy, i have seen worse. When my wife was pregnant, i took her to a private clinic. The gave her robe to change in, asked me seat outside and doctors and nurses went in, both male and female, without seeking my consent. And after they gave me huge bill to pay. Should i start asking them if they saw my wife's unclothedness without my consent?
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Dinieoj(f): 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

A teaching hospital is so called because it where doctors are taught clinical medicine..

He made mention of seeking the patient consent, which I think is the right thing be it a teaching hospital or not. I was once admitted into a teaching hospital for a surgery, the doctor in charge came and told me they needed my consent for the students doctors to attend to me at a discount though, which I politely objected.

3 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Brendaniel: 7:27pm On Jan 27, 2021
thatigboman:
guy, i have seen worse. When my wife was pregnant, i took her to a private clinic. The gave her robe to change in, asked me seat outside and doctors and nurses went in, both male and female, without seeking my consent. And after they gave me huge bill to pay. Should i start asking them if they saw my wife's unclothedness without my consent?

that is what I am telling you that it is wrong, if things were going right in this country you could have sued them and be compensated or they will fined heavily, even a dead body sometimes needs consent from the relatives to take parts or use the body as a teaching case, it's not fair...
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Brendaniel: 7:28pm On Jan 27, 2021
edoairways:

The patient should opt in for general hospital instead of teaching hospital. There is a reason why it is called that name

there are procedures, you don't violate peoples human rights in the name of teaching...

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:30pm On Jan 27, 2021
It is a teaching hospital for Christ sake
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by shiwex: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

you're stupid and ignorant. Being a teaching hospital does not mean student doctors or nurses should use you as a guinea fowl. There is what is called patient rights and they cannot just call in student doctors and nurses if you do not want.
I had my dad at Babcock a few years ago and was surprised to see them bringing in student doctors and nurses without my consent, I raised hell for them and let them realise that is breaking patient confidentiality and the management called me to apologise

Dont be Ignorant. .know your Rights

5 Likes

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by CBARRY1: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Wait but when they were fingering your anus what was your reaction ??
You liked it right ? I bet you do[/quote]
Hahahaaaaahhhhh !
YOUR WICKEDNESS DONT HAVE RIVAL.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 27, 2021
Stan2330:

You dey mind dem? When their right is really violated they keep calm. Government will just wake up and increase pump price and you won't see them complain.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by shiwex: 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
It's a teaching hospital, and you are the sick patient. Unless you or the person that brought you did not see the signboard when entering. How will the students be taught without you?

Is Nigeria the only place where we have teaching hospital.......This is not done anywhere in the world. You need patient consent.
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by armyofone(m): 7:34pm On Jan 27, 2021
I laughed so hard at "they took turns fingering my anus"
grin grin grin grin grin
Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by shiwex: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2021
Nigerians are just too ignorant. some have had their brains so twisted round they can't even tell what is right from what is wrong.

this is from King's college hospital london...A leading teaching hospital in the world

"Healthcare students
King’s is a teaching hospital where our students get practical experience by treating patients. Please tell your doctor or nurse if you do not want students to be involved in your care. Your treatment will not be affected by your decision.

1 Like

Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by Kelvinhunta: 7:40pm On Jan 27, 2021
It is called teaching hospital for a reason. Young doctors are taught practically there. once you get a patient card then you have automatically given them consent to use ur body and tutor young doctors. What is there to hide? Your prayers should be to get quality health care but if u feel concerned about ur privacy then u better visit only private hospitals
lalasticlala:
A Nigerian Twitter user, Eketi, has called out doctors in teaching hospitals for exposing their patients to student doctors without their consent.

@eketiette wrote

https://twitter.com/eketiette/status/1354059260473257987?s=19

Another Twitter user, Prophet_Emekka, reacted and shared his own experience:

https://twitter.com/Prophet_Emekka/status/1354122500624560129?s=19
Re: Exposing Of Patients To Student Doctors In Teaching Hospitals Without Consent by shiwex: 7:41pm On Jan 27, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
He should go and sit down. Once you book into a teaching hospital, consent is automatically assumed. Anyone who does not want to used as a teaching aid should book into a private hospital. TEACHING hospital is what it's called, people.

You go school at all? I mean a proper school?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cameroonian Sisters With Permanently ‘Windswept’ Legs Get Amazing Transformation / Man Removes Clothes, Runs Unclad In Utako, Abuja / Female Hygiene- Tips And Tricks To Have A Fresh Kitty!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.