Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics (15684 Views)

CHEAP Self Con For Rent In LEKKI ( World Oil ) ... Pay 9months Only / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos / Looking For A Cheap Self Contain In Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2021
Almost Completed.

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2021
Please after everything I will like the know the amount used

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:38pm On Jan 28, 2021
To cut-short the cost of roofing, we're using flat roofing plan.and to also avoid heat in the room, we're using pop. and to clear the doubt of you all, We're plastering it first before roofing.with full Plastering gauge using Loamy soil +Sandy soil + clay soil + cement. Plastering ratio 12headpan/bag. 6headpan of Sandy soil,5headpan of loamy soil and one head pan of clay soil. Stay tuned

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by HopeVictor(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2021
olukaygold:
To cut-short the cost of roofing, we're using flat roofing plan.and to also avoid heat in the room, we're using pop. and to clear the doubt of you all, We're plastering it first with full gauge using Loamy soil +Sandy soil + clay soil + cement. Plastering ratio 12headpan/bag. 6headpan of Sandy soil,5headpan of loamy soil and one head pan of clay soil. Stay tuned
Won't POp finishing be expensive
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2021
I always tell People, plastering did lots on a building construction, that's if well handled by a Professional Builder,not all this quack Engineer who only base on theory aspect.Ive travelled to Togo and Ghana for Projects,have handled a faculty at FUOYE, Private Hostels at University of Ilorin Campus etc I'm equipped with bunks of experiences

6 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 10:58pm On Jan 28, 2021
aremuforlife:

You don't need to respond to everyone, there are lots of people learning from you.

No body has monopoly of wisdom, we learn everyday.

Some are here to learn while some are here to correct some impressions and wrong doing.

When we see this type of building practice we need to say a little to reduce.
1; building defects
2; collapse of building
3; bad impressions toward professionals
4; save of lives and prosperities
5; unnecessary nearest future expenses
And many more.

Remember doctor can only kill only one person at a go but builder/engineer can kill a dozen of people’s at a go when building collapse .... God forbid.

We are not fighting here.
I come in peace

10 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
HopeVictor:

Won't POp finishing be expensive
Though it depends on your taste and pocket sir,this is mainly for students,most of Hostels here only have abestos and PVC. We weighed the three options(pop, abestos and PVC),the Pop budget is 30% higher than others and pop have more advantages over the other Options.stay tuned...

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:06pm On Jan 28, 2021
Less I forget,before the plastering,all the linted joints were nailed with net to the top blocks,I forgot to take the pic but I've googled the pic,though not really how I did mine but this pic can only explain my illustration.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
rotecch77:

No body has monopoly of wisdom, we learn everyday.

Some are here to learn while some are here to correct some impressions and wrong doing.

When we see this type of building practice we need to say a little to reduce.
1; building defects
2; collapse of building
3; bad impressions toward professionals
4; save of lives and prosperities
5; unnecessary nearest future expenses
And many more.

Remember doctor can only kill only one person at a go but builder/engineer can kill a dozen of people’s at a go when building collapse .... God forbid.

We are not fighting here.
I come in peace

Is this house not Well sitted ?
Though Pic don't give an accurate judgement but this is entirely different sir! Like I told you before,pls remain sitted and keep learning new Technics. You can't be using old Technics cos the world is advancing on a daily basis. You can't assume others are quack cos they don't follow the old way of building like you guys mainly known and taught.
Well stay tuned...

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Roofing Next week.ill post the roofing quotation later
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2021
aremuforlife:

You don't need to respond to everyone, there are lots of people learning from you.
If I didn't respond,it means I don't know what I'm doing.they lacks Technics cos they only taught on old ways.so I need to explain the new Technics to them cos we're all Learning cool

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 11:21pm On Jan 28, 2021
So far,we had used 27bags for the Plastering and still remained two toilets and two kitchen.we budget 3 bags to plaster the remaining toilets and kitchen.in all 30bags were used to plaster the three self contains

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:35am On Jan 29, 2021
lilvicky68:

20bags looks small na
22bags of cements later used to completed the project, we're still buying one more bag cement to lay some blocks at the top front of the building when the carpenter completed roofing the house.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2021
Good morning Elders in the building
Roofing quotations

Note- We're using flat roofing plan to cut-short roofing expenses.this is where we need to make use of our brains and Experiences, we're not diverting the water to the back(one way) but to divert it to Pipes at the one corner of the house.We don't need facing board though the woods are excess.

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:52am On Jan 29, 2021
Note
2-4 inches wall plastering
So reason why it costs us 27bags of cements to plaster the three self con cry
Couples with our sand combination as well.we're using sharp and clay soil to plaster at first,4 bags to plaster a room(kitchen and toilet excluded). We'd to add Loamy soil to the Plastering ratio cos we need to minimize resources.

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:53am On Jan 29, 2021
Straight corner angles grin
Abinibi is quite different from ability

3 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by mixratio(m): 12:41pm On Jan 29, 2021
olukaygold:
This is what I normally use and it has never fail my expectations

ok sir. thanks for the feedback. i will try it out one of these days.

I usually Assume a bag to 50 9'' blocks at a miax-ratio of 1:6. which will imply 1 bags to about 12-14 head pans of sand

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2021
mixratio:

ok sir. thanks for the feedback. i will try it out one of these days.

I usually Assume a bag to 50 9'' blocks at a miax-ratio of 1:6. which will imply 1 bags to about 12-14 head pans of sand
That ratio is for plastering sir unless you're Dangote
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by keeper303: 4:02pm On Jan 29, 2021
I wish to commend you on this project. You have opened my eyes to new ways of doing things. More grease to your elbow.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 6:40pm On Jan 29, 2021
keeper303:
I wish to commend you on this project. You have opened my eyes to new ways of doing things. More grease to your elbow.
You're welcome sir,more hints still coming,stay tuned...

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by kopell: 8:07pm On Jan 29, 2021
olukaygold:
Straight corner angles grin
Abinibi is quite different from ability
Well done ooo, young engineer. I beg, waiting be the meaning of Abinibi and ability? Please try to learn how to absorb criticism, it’s makes one ability to see things from differently.

5 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:08pm On Jan 29, 2021
kopell:
Well done ooo, young engineer. I beg, waiting be the meaning of Abinibi and ability? Please try to learn how to absorb criticism, it’s makes one ability to see things from differently.
Noted. Thanks for the Advice,will surely adjust my rigidity mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by RealAlubarika(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2021
rotecch77:

Expertise BUILDER or BRICKLAYER ?

A builder will use about 50bags of cement to construct this type of building bcs they are professional in the field.

A bricklayer will use 20-25bags of cement to achieve this.

There is a BIG diff btw BUILDER and BRICKLAYER.

It’s just like comparing someone who knows how to paddle Canoe to A SAILOR

Oga there's no difference please. Some bricklayer are even more professional than some builders.

Why do we attach more importance to name than the outcome of the job?

We rise by lifting others

6 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by RealAlubarika(m): 10:28pm On Jan 29, 2021
olukaygold:
I planned on building three standard self contains with top notch finishing at a minimum Budget.

Is it a bedsitter or a room and parlour self contain
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2021
RealAlubarika:

Is it a bedsitter or a room and parlour self contain
A bedsitter sir.

2 Likes

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by mixratio(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=olukaygold post=98554459]
That ratio is for plastering sir unless you're Dangote

Lol. I definitely am not Dangote.
I won't mind meeting him though.

So what's the mix ratio that works for you for block setting?
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=mixratio post=98616410][/quote]
20 headpan of Sharp sand per bag sir.
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by rotecch77(m): 9:50pm On Jan 31, 2021
RealAlubarika:

Oga there's no difference please. Some bricklayer are even more professional than some builders.

Why do we attach more importance to name than the outcome of the job?

We rise by lifting others

Hmm

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 4:37pm On Feb 02, 2021
Construction of drainage system for the perfect slope of water from the top zinc

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2021
olukaygold:
Construction of drainage system for the perfect slope of water from the top zinc
please engineer kindly shed more lights on this method of drainage from roof top tru pipe cos d normal one we know is to just channel it to one corner of the building
Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by olukaygold(m): 3:08am On Feb 03, 2021
Akerewe:
please engineer kindly shed more lights on this method of drainage from roof top tru pipe cos d normal one we know is to just channel it to one corner of the building
This is another pattern entirely. We're trying to beat down the expenses in every angle, that's the reason why we created this thread for others to also learn. We're using flat roofing system to save cost of roofing.our plan is to chanel all the water from the zinc to the Pipes(drainage) at the corner of the building.Pls be Patience with us, I'll upload the pic after we roof it.

1 Like

Re: Building Of My Cheap Self Cons with Pics by Akerewe(m): 9:52am On Feb 03, 2021
olukaygold:

This is another pattern entirely. We're trying to beat down the expenses in every angle, that's the reason why we created this thread for others to also learn. We're using flat roofing system to save cost of roofing.our plan is to chanel all the water from the zinc to the Pipes(drainage) at the corner of the building.Pls be Patience with us, I'll upload the pic after we roof it.
we r following keenly engineer, more wisdom. Pls can u help me to do a rough estimate of monetary budget for Pilling foundation of 2 bedroom flat on a land close to d stream?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Our Daily Borehole Activities Report( with PICS) / Emmergency! Raging Fire At Abule Egba / 12 Basic Things You Should Know About The Omoniles Before Buying Land From Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.